Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Hey @Dominos, no Ring!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

EvilJoven posted:

I'm at the point right now where I can't tell if I'm suffering crippling depression because I'm working retail during a pandemic while thinking about the fact that if we do back away from being the closest we've come to world war 3 in my lifetime that I'm going to get to watch climate change destroy us all anyway, or if it's just because we're at the tail end of the worst winter in living memory and it just won't gently caress off.

I hear you bro, I'm about to lose my mind. It feels like everything all at once. Even with good self care and all that, I just feel tired and lovely all the time.

We're planning the garden and it's like, well,we have to account for the fact that it's like 30C in May now pretty often. If we put the seedlings out too early, they get scoured by the insane spring winds and dry out in they heat. Lettuce and spinach bolt almost instantly if we don't plant them in the shade. We will have multiple flare ups of flea beetles, and the grasshoppers will be biblical again. At least the cabbages seem to grow still. Hope the river doesn't run dry again, so that I don't have to drive 35 km for drinking water. It seems to be bad at the micro level and the macro level. Will there still be any good years? Will the bad years be so bad that they're unlivable? What should we be doing to prepare? And so forth, and so on.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
I think we have a moral duty to share our bounty with every one on this earth, as things decline, and if the ramifications of events unfolding stress you out or people committing suicide because they cant find housing starts breaking your brain - you should be aggressively mocked and deplatformed by people who have secure middle-class incomes and no material concerns. :downs:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Karach posted:

What should we be doing to prepare?

Smoke weed, or eat it if you choose

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Gummi edibles are delicious but I wish they were more concentrated so that I didn't have to eat 300 calories of candy whenever I want to feel pretty baked for a night with short periods of severe anxiety and hunger

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Gummi edibles are delicious but I wish they were more concentrated so that I didn't have to eat 300 calories of candy whenever I want to feel pretty baked for a night with short periods of severe anxiety and hunger

have you considered going ELSEWHERE for your needs

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

apatheticman posted:

I'm pretty sure that's the point

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

It's very easy to make extremely strong extracts using any kind of oil/fat (coconut oil is my preference) and dry weed. Not as delicious as a gummy but hooee you'll get plenty baked. I can tell you a recipe if you want

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Smoke weed, or eat it if you choose

I'm more thinking about growing weed these days.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Karach posted:

I'm more thinking about growing weed these days.

:same: Add some hemp to the understorey as the southeast Vancouver Island lowlands change from a tertiary Grand Fir - Western Red Cedar forest to a Garry Oak savannah.

I laughed the first time I heard that change suggested as a possibility. I think that was only seven years (and one pipeline/one offshore oil project) ago.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

apatheticman posted:

I like walking into a weed store to buy weed as a part of an afternoon stroll to the liquor store, bakery, produce stand, deli, and fishmonger or butcher depending on what I want to make for dinner while sort of blitzed on edibles

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Another Bill posted:

Hey @Dominos, no Ring!

enjoy ur diarrhea

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
I guess it shouldn't surprise me that Omar Kinnerath and his Fascist Free Treaty 1 group fully ignore/excuse Russia's war crimes and genocide. Kind of a shame though, I've appreciated their efforts with organizing protests, mutual aid, meal programs etc.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Hexigrammus posted:

:same: Add some hemp to the understorey as the southeast Vancouver Island lowlands change from a tertiary Grand Fir - Western Red Cedar forest to a Garry Oak savannah.

I laughed the first time I heard that change suggested as a possibility. I think that was only seven years (and one pipeline/one offshore oil project) ago.

Sure, the Scotch broom needs a new friend!

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

run on sentience posted:

I guess it shouldn't surprise me that Omar Kinnerath and his Fascist Free Treaty 1 group fully ignore/excuse Russia's war crimes and genocide. Kind of a shame though, I've appreciated their efforts with organizing protests, mutual aid, meal programs etc.

who cares, that poo poo's happening literally on the other side of the planet and he wants to help you and your peers

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 14:19 on Oct 29, 2022

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Futanari Damacy posted:

There would have to be one happening first :smugdog:

More civilians were killed in the first day of the Iraq War (4,000+) than in a month and a half of Russian occupation (1,829) :eng101: (but I digress, as this isn't the thread for that)

:wtc:

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
Oh yes you're right, only one thing can be bad at a time.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 14:21 on Oct 29, 2022

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
Those people weren't white though

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Futanari Damacy posted:

I know, it's a shocking statistic. Yet the US has never answered for their crimes, and likely never will

I wasn't aware America's unpunished war crimes was carte blanche for Russia to roll into Ukrane and execute citizens.

What other genocides don't matter because of America's war crimes?

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Futanari Damacy posted:

It's not. Neither is good. It's just important to recognize that the outrages, real or imagined, will keep multiplying for the express purpose of getting folks like you worked up into a lather til you're finally at war
I very much don't want to be at war, but your previous post outright said there isn't a genocide in Ukraine and I'm really sure how that is a productive or good thing to post. Do you really want to explore some rabbit hole of what technically constitutes a genocide?

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
We're doing this here too huh

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
yeah i'm just gonna go with the opinion that mass murder of the working class by the working class is a bad thing regardless of the causes

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

there isn't even a consensus of agreement amongst nato members or even biden's own admin

https://twitter.com/I_Katchanovski/status/1514336826617741325

https://twitter.com/I_Katchanovski/status/1515338855163043849

also thread: https://twitter.com/I_Katchanovski/status/1511728605470105600

Ivan is a ukrainian-canadian prof at u of ottawa that studies ukraine fwiw

yellowcar has issued a correction as of 18:53 on Apr 16, 2022

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
Bit late on the :420: chat but for edibles what I do is buy THC infused olive oil off goldbuds.ca when they have it and replace the 1/3 cup vegetable oil called for in the packaged Ghirardelli brownie mix with it. You won't taste anything different and it'll get you high as giraffe balls! add 2 tsp each chipotle powder and cinnamon to make Mexican chocolate brownies

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Rime posted:

I think we have a moral duty to share our bounty with every one on this earth, as things decline, and if the ramifications of events unfolding stress you out or people committing suicide because they cant find housing starts breaking your brain - you should be aggressively mocked and deplatformed by people who have secure middle-class incomes and no material concerns. :downs:

its funny Im on a fixed government income and could end up homeless pretty soon with major mental health issues but I didnt scream at everyone about how immigrants are stealing all the houses and then double down on the racisms

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

Futanari Damacy posted:

I've made cookies from cannabutter twice but the second time I hosed up and let the butter burn, losing a lot of potency. Might try again with a different oil and maybe a thermometer or something.

If you have an instant pot, you can decarb and infuse butter within a few degrees of optimal and with minimal smell.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

I like walking into a weed store to buy weed as a part of an afternoon stroll to the liquor store, bakery, produce stand, deli, and fishmonger or butcher depending on what I want to make for dinner while sort of blitzed on edibles

Have you considered moving to the suburbs so you can get all that at a Walmart instead

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Isentropy posted:

Have you considered moving to the suburbs so you can get all that at a Walmart instead

A street is like being in a Walmart, except I can walk around without a shirt when it's hot out

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

A street is like being in a Walmart, except I can walk around without a shirt when it's hot out

i see you have never been to walmart

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011
If you buy or make a dry-herb vape you can vape the bud, which handily decarbs it for you, then make weed butter out of it (it's also between 3-5 times more efficient than smoking, actually tastes good and reduces your carcinogen intake). You can even compost the grinds for your soil after you filter them out of the oil.

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Puppy Burner posted:

If you buy or make a dry-herb vape you can vape the bud, which handily decarbs it for you, then make weed butter out of it (it's also between 3-5 times more efficient than smoking, actually tastes good and reduces your carcinogen intake). You can even compost the grinds for your soil after you filter them out of the oil.

:hmmyes:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Puppy Burner posted:

That's wild, I stopped doing arts and crafts in grade 7 except for all the dumb poo poo I glue gunned to a denim jacket when I got really into street punk for a while

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

where do you guys live that still has a local fishmonger lol

my nearest local butcher is a 15 minute drive

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

a primate posted:

where do you guys live that still has a local fishmonger lol

my nearest local butcher is a 15 minute drive

Vancouver, where nothing bad ever happens!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Vancouver, where nothing bad ever happens!

when I lived in Europe I really took for granted that you can walk anywhere to get anything you need from a local place, a mall, or a Walmart style place. I started to think poo poo, I should do this when I move back home!

then I realized its not really possible in like 90% of the country lol