Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
When I built this PC it was spec'd for a Ryzen 5950X and a 3080. Due to shortages it got a 'stopgap' 3600 and RX580. It almost feels like two years later upgrading would feel strange.

Also sister loved the switch. :thumbsup: Now I just need to save up and buy one for myself so I can finally play BotW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

gamestop has a big sale this week on switch games supposedly if you wanna go cheap for botw

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Pretend I wrote “Nintendo games never go on sale” in random caps

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Tiny Timbs posted:

they do a couple sales each year on the eshop where theyd do a couple first party games for like $40 and walmart sells first party games for $50 but basically yeah, unless you find a store doing it good luck

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
Nintendo is slooooowly coming around. You can bet on sales for Black Friday and Mario Day (Mar. 10) for some first party titles. I don't think any of the major titles were on sale for this years Mario Day but I can't recall. It was like Mario and Rabbids type spin off games.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
How many years late am I that i've started playing Battletech this week?

Its real hard.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

M_Gargantua posted:

How many years late am I that i've started playing Battletech this week?

Its real hard.

Never too late. It's worth popping up in the thread for it; there's a few mod authors there and a ton of experience.

The fun thing about Battletech is once you've had your fun with the vanilla game there's three extremely different major mods that the fanbase plays. Very different mechanics, point in the timeline, and vibe.

Get Bulwark as a skill for everyone. Always get into cover. Try to have as many guns of yours shooting at as few of theirs at a time. Once you get up in tonnage, it gets a little easier to impose your will.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Yeah going up against two (even mostly light mech) lances with 170 tons of mech's this early is throwing me for a loop. Seems hard to do hit and run, as even with light mech's most of my running involves getting shot in the back.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

You have to play a lot with initiative fuckery early on, as well as some cat and mouse and suckering units into bad angles. The early game is essentially a lot of counterpunching.

Once you get up into heavies, and start getting some salvage that lets you optimize loadouts (one of the most beloved traditions in Battletech is that most of the official designs are terrible, for completely valid in-universe reasons), you can really get aggressive.

In the vanilla game, the Marauder is game-breakingly good with its called shot bonus. Break the game levels of good.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Tiny Timbs posted:

I’ve had good luck with SA Mart used games and gift card deals. BotW is great but my top 3 is Odyssey, Tetris 99, and Hades. Some quality stuff on their NES and SNES libraries too.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

anyone grab the chrono cross remaster yet?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

anyone grab the chrono cross remaster yet?

It's poo poo. Avoid.

Massive performance optimization issues, the backgrounds look like smeared mud poo poo, and other weird crashes and hangs. It needs someone to Moguri Mod it, but I don't know anyone dedicated enough to go back and hand touch all the backgrounds, redo all the polygon textures and try to fix the performance issues from the hack job port like someone did for ff9.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Apr 13, 2022

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

orange juche posted:

It's poo poo. Avoid.

Massive performance optimization issues, the backgrounds look like smeared mud poo poo, and other weird crashes and hangs. It needs someone to Moguri Mod it, but I don't know anyone dedicated enough to go back and hand touch all the backgrounds, redo all the polygon textures and try to fix the performance issues from the hack job port like someone did for ff9.

They apparently figured out how to get it to run worse on a PS5 than it did in 1999 which I think is a hell of a feat

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

GD_American posted:

Never too late. It's worth popping up in the thread for it; there's a few mod authors there and a ton of experience.

The fun thing about Battletech is once you've had your fun with the vanilla game there's three extremely different major mods that the fanbase plays. Very different mechanics, point in the timeline, and vibe.

Get Bulwark as a skill for everyone. Always get into cover. Try to have as many guns of yours shooting at as few of theirs at a time. Once you get up in tonnage, it gets a little easier to impose your will.

I would like to know more about these mods

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I would like to know more about these mods

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battletechgame/comments/n8ulki/an_updated_overview_of_major_mods_for_hbs/

Basically, BEX is a timeline sweep from 3025 to just pre FedCom Civil War, with moderate changes in game balancing and equipment, but mostly the vanilla gameplay with a huiugeeeee variety of Mechs. Lostech shows up slowly and on the same timeline as the fiction, and so do the Clans.

BTA is a dramatic revamp to the rules, making light Mechs, vehicles and artillery much more important. It starts in 3061, balls-deep in Victor vs Katherine’s family spat. It’s practically a new rulebook, going further from tabletop.

Roguetech is the batshit insane, throw everything at the wall, more is better version. Everything is very extra. The creator is a giant rear end in a top hat. There are like 20 phases per turn. Every thing that’s ever been in Battletech is in there, whether it chokes your CPU out or not.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I have some opinions on Elden Ring, but I also have guests flying in from the US and three fake-european-countries, so the entirety of my focus is currently on planning delicious BBQ for Friday, Saturday AND Sunday since we have a four-day-weekend (and since it's Jesus-holidays causing it, stores are closed on Friday)

In the interim, please find enclosed in this post the following link for your kind perusal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ9RU7pznTs

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I feel like I haven't spammed poorly optimized Art of Rally gifs in a while.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Hell yea!

I just busted that out again for the first time in forever, got to check out the kenya courses for the first time and they are hella fun. I'm struggling atm making the change from the early classes into group 4 though.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I really dig the Rally Kenya update, though a lot of those stages are long and are tricky to get through without making at least one major blunder. Mount Kenya is a really neat hillclimb type stage though, and I find the reverse version of Karura hella fun for some reason.

Time attack mode is what is really keeping me addicted, and the game has a large enough player base now that even getting into the top 100 on most stages requires some serious chops.

Actually I think there's a new content update in the works, looks like some type of tropical location this time.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Jesus I just unlocked the most intense eurotechno song in freeroam, it's ridiculous :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4RqmUI_CeA

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

That's like the only song I skip whenever it comes on.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Started playing Hades again. If there’s a better written game that incentivizes talking to every character, I haven’t found it.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Hardspace: Shipbreaker leaving early access in May. Complete reset, has full campaign now.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

GD_American posted:

Hardspace: Shipbreaker leaving early access in May. Complete reset, has full campaign now.

This is amazing to hear. I've been wanting to jump back into it but this seals the deal

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

GD_American posted:

Madness. NOTHING leaves early access.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Carteret posted:

This is amazing to hear. I've been wanting to jump back into it but this seals the deal

The gameplay/mechanics always drove it quite well, but the plot they put in (I played the first two acts) really makes the whole drat thing tick. Going to have to really decide if my main playthrough will be with the 15-minute time limit or unlimited, I'm just terrible at going fast.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Started playing Hades again. If there’s a better written game that incentivizes talking to every character, I haven’t found it.

Bastion had me wishing I could just meet new characters forever due to the voice acting / music. Now they made it so they give you poo poo too, really rules.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I played it when it first hit Early Access and the only plot was "lol crushing debt you'll be working forever even death won't release you" so the fact that they put a storyline on top of it is :discourse:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

its an excellent puzzle game to me and ill be reinstalling for sure now

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I will also be breaking ships. Been waiting for them to finish wipes. It's a perfect pick-up/drop game that I want to keep around to some day finally pay off the entire debt, just got sick of losing all progress.

Spoopy mackerels 4 lyfe.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
My favorite part of Hardspace was when they brought out the story campaign and a whole bunch of idiots started complaining about how they took this game where you work to pay off crushing debt that even death won't discharge and ruined it by adding politics.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

lol man people's brains are just poisoned

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

McNally posted:

My favorite part of Hardspace was when they brought out the story campaign and a whole bunch of idiots started complaining about how they took this game where you work to pay off crushing debt that even death won't discharge and ruined it by adding politics.

Steam comments sections are always the best part of a game

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

im playing hardspace again and its good enough to where if they wipe again whatever

ive got way too many hours in this game but its rad and fun and worth grabbing cheaper if retail pricing hasnt hit yet

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Last night I realized that I've wasted the past week of Satisfactory time standing up a whole new supply chain to support uranium power, only to discover that the example I was following used hard drive recipes that I don't have. :sigh:

I'm leaving it until I get them. Not worth switching it over to the regular ones.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/04/nintendo-to-launch-huge-spring-into-action-eshop-sale-this-thursday-europe

duzzy theres a big eu sale on switch games this thursday

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Turbo Overkill is like the bastard lovechild of Quake 3 and Blood Dragon. So, nearly everything I've been wanting out of a shooter lately. The level of polish is kind of amazing for something that just dropped into early access.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
If y'all need something different and liked Stanley Parable, could I interest you in more Stanley Parable?

https://twitter.com/crowsx3/status/1519346570466111490?t=16a7eTvbthybvZFaX0eMng&s=19

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Parable harder

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Officially time for the union drive.

https://twitter.com/Focus_entmt/status/1529146288230391808?t=dzJzif_BcqHEqkWhrskZkA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKhwitXvVj8