Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Joss Whedon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Animal Mother
That was Adam Baldwin ( the last person you'd ever expect to say something racist)

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

newsradio was amazing but it had p crappy ratings for a network sitcom

fair enough, but the point still stands - i don't think someone who's a main cast member on a broadcast (not cable) sitcom in 1998 is a "nobody" which is what toshimo was implying

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Stephen Root was never in Angel, so I'm guessing OP is thinking of Keith Szarabajka.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

same villain to always be defeated as in real life, the Detroit Red Wings

edit: aw man this post wasn't about mcginley specifically

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Arivia posted:

fair enough, but the point still stands - i don't think someone who's a main cast member on a broadcast (not cable) sitcom in 1998 is a "nobody" which is what toshimo was implying

No movie studio was going to market Stephen Root in 1998.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Mooseontheloose posted:

No movie studio was going to market Stephen Root in 1998.

right but the point that got stephen root mentioned wasn't that office space was being marketed as including him (that was jennifer aniston), but that it wasn't an indie movie of complete nobodies otherwise. 1998 stephen root is an effective refutation to that.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Adam Baldwin was OP in Angel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn8IdCvr3-w&t=4s

OP builds don't always work.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Adam Baldwin was OP in Angel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn8IdCvr3-w&t=4s

OP builds don't always work.

But he wasn't in Office Space, was he? Also I completely forgot he was in Angel.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's an episode of Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell where Dustin Diamond is shanked in prison and goes to hell. Which kind of is a little more depressing now that he's actually dead.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

muscles like this! posted:

There's an episode of Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell where Dustin Diamond is shanked in prison and goes to hell. Which kind of is a little more depressing now that he's actually dead.

good episode tho

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Absurd Alhazred posted:

But he wasn't in Office Space, was he? Also I completely forgot he was in Angel.

think they're confusing Adam Baldwin and Diedrich Bader, somehow

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Aces High posted:

it is year 45,001 and also month 2 of the pandemic somehow, we are all very confused

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Aces High posted:

Goon face blindness strikes again

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

good episode tho

When YPFIGTH was good, it was really good - The High Heel or the Dustin Diamond episode perhaps being its best - but unfortunately it was really uneven. And then there was he aborted babies with guns episode.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One of the funniest bits is the episode where Troy and Eddie are competing to become demons and then like 3/4 of the way through all of a sudden the fourth wall is broken with the actors Eddie and Dana fighting about who wouldn't be a demon because the makeup sucked.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Aces High posted:

I'm probably confusing threads but that's not a mistake I would make.

Look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkTZKqyDLqY

e: this is me

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

And out of all of those (just gonna mix it up)

Animal Mother

The guy who was a sicko (and well casted) in Platoon

The villain you love to hate in Angel.

not sure why Deirdre Bator is in the mix

BaldDwarfOnPCP has a new favorite as of 06:30 on Apr 17, 2022

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
With every movie that seeks financing, the cast’s fame or lack thereof is a consideration- even studio films are basically bought as deals and having people signed to them makes the deal more attractive. This is why some movies go into production before the script is finished, when you’ve signed actors they’re committing to being available for a certain period of time.

And even actors that aren’t on Bruce Willis’ level can be seen as added value to distributors and exhibitors. Alec Guinness in Star Wars wasn’t the draw he used to be but it helped Fox and Lucas. Sylvester Stallone insisted on playing the lead in Rocky so okay we’ll also have Burgess Meredith in the cast.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

muscles like this! posted:

RC and Moon Pie posted:

When YPFIGTH was good, it was really good - The High Heel or the Dustin Diamond episode perhaps being its best - but unfortunately it was really uneven. And then there was he aborted babies with guns episode.

I've never seen this show, but have a great song called the same:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd0nL2Fz11I

Iggy Pop And The Stooges

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Mighty Moltres posted:

I've never seen this show, but have a great song called the same:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd0nL2Fz11I

Iggy Pop And The Stooges

There's actually a mention of the song in the end credits so I guess they use it with permission.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I once saw a scooter ad starring Iggy Pop. I thought it was weird seeing a man who is pretty vocal about being a pedophile advertising a scooter. He even wrote a sad breakup song about being dumped by a thirteen year old. I feel like I might have posted about it before but mentioning him brought it back into my mind.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

rodbeard posted:

I once saw a scooter ad starring Iggy Pop. I thought it was weird seeing a man who is pretty vocal about being a pedophile advertising a scooter. He even wrote a sad breakup song about being dumped by a thirteen year old. I feel like I might have posted about it before but mentioning him brought it back into my mind.

wait what? noooo

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

quote:

Marc Whinery studied at School for the Talented and Gifted
Answered 6 years ago · Author has 7.4K answers and 12.8M answer views

He is not a sex offender because he was never charged and convicted, and even if he were, the laws creating the permanent punishment class of "sex offender" hadn't started yet.

"Talented and Gifted"

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Darn it, I used to like Iggy Pop. Oh well.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Time to listen to The Police again.
Sting never did anything weird outside of tantric sex stuff, right? RIGHT?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Time to listen to The Police again.
Sting never did anything weird outside of tantric sex stuff, right? RIGHT?

First google result for “sting controversy”

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/sting-slept-with-underage-girl-15-after-1979-police-show-in-tempe-lawsuit-says-11520163

I’m sorry :smith:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Every male rock musician you like from before the year 2000 probably had sex with an underage girl at least once.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

WELP

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

"Talented and Gifted"

At least he doesn’t teach there.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

ACAB, even the musicians named as such.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

rodbeard posted:

He even played a character trying to order a child prostitute in the Tank Girl movie, but she ends up using a gimmicked ball of treasure inside her plastic lunch box to shank his hand and escape.

Underrated movie, tbh.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

He even played a character trying to order a child prostitute in the Tank Girl movie, but she ends up using a gimmicked ball of treasure inside her plastic lunch box to shank his hand and escape.

Underrated movie, tbh.

Everyone who saw Tank Girl loved it or some parts of it.

I remember when the comic was in Details magazine. So bougie but so riot grrl.

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001
I've learnt today that Stephen Root is not Rip Torn

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Henchman of Santa posted:

Every male rock musician you like from before the year 2000 probably had sex with an underage girl at least once.

It's the ones who wrote songs about it that get me. Songs that made it very clear they knew how gross it was and that was a perk of the career. Songs that people still bop along to in their cars.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Brawnfire posted:

It's the ones who wrote songs about it that get me. Songs that made it very clear they knew how gross it was and that was a perk of the career. Songs that people still bop along to in their cars.

There are an amazing number of old rock songs that specifically call out the age of 17. There's more examples than I care to look up and I don't feel like getting put on a watchlist, so I'll just say that even the women of old rock were getting in on it.

The loving Beatles went there.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Brawnfire posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9awpv5BnSc

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I went to look up the lyrics to the Iggy Pop song I was thinking of and got this result

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Voyager I posted:

There are an amazing number of old rock songs that specifically call out the age of 17. There's more examples than I care to look up and I don't feel like getting put on a watchlist, so I'll just say that even the women of old rock were getting in on it.

KISS was perfectly fine with writing songs about 16-year-olds.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Voyager I posted:

Joan Jett covered it. The original version is about a 17yo girl sang by a dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Motorhead has a song titled Jailbait Paroles. :yikeseroo: