Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

https://twitter.com/RPPokePower/status/1515382353396486153?t=rAW_GzvnzeoRcAEnnDkUYQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
CC can be super frustrating. I generally play as WAR because they have a good kit and i like to think I’m really good at protecting the Crystal. I’d have 2-3 people constantly hassling me and I could hold them off for quite a long time, usually to the point where my team can come back and overrun. However, I couldn’t get out of Silver. My problem was that my DPS groups could get outright stupid. No matter how much I yelled at our team to fall back and regroup I would get some DPS going “gently caress that, I know what’s best for me!” and promptly yeet themselves into a 5 on 1 or 2 if another DPS felt brave enough.

I decided to try SAM after seeing how they can sometimes turn a game around. It took a little bit to get used to. The good thing about DPS is if I have a Tank and they’re good I can focus on just doing damage. I’m still trying to work out how to consistently do a good LB group kill. However, I did manage to win 5 in a row and get to Gold. My claim to fame was when we were getting creamed, I ran in to block them from pushing the Crystal, and then promptly did the buff and LB to kill 3 of them and then we eventually won the game. So I changed the course of a match at least once and it felt good.

Honestly PvP feels like a crapshoot because it all depends if you can get a group that knows how to regroup properly. I always groan when I see a DPS veer off from the group right at the beginning to use the speed pads to do a pincer attack which amounts to absolutely nothing. I’ve developed a pretty good sense of when my party will be absolutely screwed.

Yes. I’ve played way too much PvP. I have multiple Garo sets and the new armour set from series exp.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Hogama posted:

The glitch is that if you cancel casting it, you get both charges of Cure II back. Even if you were down to 1.

Yup. Again, extremely strange that this wasn't caught in QA. It doesn't make you invincible, but it absolutely lets you pump out way more healing in an emergency than you ought to be able to.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

The Black Stones posted:

CC can be super frustrating. I generally play as WAR because they have a good kit and i like to think I’m really good at protecting the Crystal. I’d have 2-3 people constantly hassling me and I could hold them off for quite a long time, usually to the point where my team can come back and overrun. However, I couldn’t get out of Silver. My problem was that my DPS groups could get outright stupid. No matter how much I yelled at our team to fall back and regroup I would get some DPS going “gently caress that, I know what’s best for me!” and promptly yeet themselves into a 5 on 1 or 2 if another DPS felt brave enough.

I decided to try SAM after seeing how they can sometimes turn a game around. It took a little bit to get used to. The good thing about DPS is if I have a Tank and they’re good I can focus on just doing damage. I’m still trying to work out how to consistently do a good LB group kill. However, I did manage to win 5 in a row and get to Gold. My claim to fame was when we were getting creamed, I ran in to block them from pushing the Crystal, and then promptly did the buff and LB to kill 3 of them and then we eventually won the game. So I changed the course of a match at least once and it felt good.

Honestly PvP feels like a crapshoot because it all depends if you can get a group that knows how to regroup properly. I always groan when I see a DPS veer off from the group right at the beginning to use the speed pads to do a pincer attack which amounts to absolutely nothing. I’ve developed a pretty good sense of when my party will be absolutely screwed.

Yes. I’ve played way too much PvP. I have multiple Garo sets and the new armour set from series exp.

It's pretty normal at least for this to happen since you have to get through the low ranks somehow, but CC has less tools to let you communicate as much helpful information to coordinate people better on this. It's awesome to get the CC off on people as war but it's also hard to get people to understand that they should follow up on that after with the available quick chats since they only appear in the text box lol

For playing sam, I wouldn't focus too hard on getting big group kills with your LB as it'll get way harder the higher your rank gets, but instead try and catch full MP targets off guard with it for your team to follow up and snowball off of. Killing off a class with good survivability instantly can win a game, especially if you're able to catch even just one other person with it as well.

Vermain posted:

Yup. Again, extremely strange that this wasn't caught in QA. It doesn't make you invincible, but it absolutely lets you pump out way more healing in an emergency than you ought to be able to.

this really feels like one of the buggiest patches we've ever gotten

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Someone with BHV in frontlines should be worth a lot more if you kill them especially if you don't even have BH imo.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I love the pvp, I just have no idea what I'm doing in CC and the game doesn't bother to tell me so I just kill ppl around the crystal.

I'll YouTube it at some point when I care, but in game itself doesn't explain a thing

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Will SAM LB kill someone who has guard up?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

S.J. posted:

Yep.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Barreft posted:

I love the pvp, I just have no idea what I'm doing in CC and the game doesn't bother to tell me so I just kill ppl around the crystal.

I'll YouTube it at some point when I care, but in game itself doesn't explain a thing

You've got it already:

Stand in crystal area to make it move
Kill bad guys to prevent them from doing the same to you

Unless you're like high elo or whatever and care about cooldowns or coordinated LB pushes or whatever just do the above and you're good

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

acumen posted:

You've got it already:

Stand in crystal area to make it move
Kill bad guys to prevent them from doing the same to you

Unless you're like high elo or whatever and care about cooldowns or coordinated LB pushes or whatever just do the above and you're good

Thank you. Dumbing it down like that to idiots like me helps a lot to learn. Being 100% sincere.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What is up with the first mob in WoD? Second time it has turned into a massacre for me, what's even weirder is both times everything after has been pretty smooth. The giant eye, Cerberus, and CoD go down as expected.

Relatedly a sprout running away with a stack marker is even funnier when they have like 20 people chasing after them.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

A ram's voice or two going off can severely cause a cascading death effect.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
The mobs do some big AoE’s. Sometimes the Tanks decide that stunning isn’t important, and DPS then doesn’t make up for it, so then some huge bombs go off. That’s pretty much it, groups being lazy.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Rarely does anyone interrupt bosses in Alliance raids, especially in the Crystal Tower series.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

S.J. posted:

Zantetsuken does damage through guard debuff or not. People get so paranoid about getting 100%'d that they forget it's still a plain 24k damage that ignores guard.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Sam LB will “deal 100% of target HP in damage” if the target has a certain debuff, but it also deals a lot of damage by itself yeah.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Electric Phantasm posted:

What is up with the first mob in WoD? Second time it has turned into a massacre for me, what's even weirder is both times everything after has been pretty smooth. The giant eye, Cerberus, and CoD go down as expected.

Relatedly a sprout running away with a stack marker is even funnier when they have like 20 people chasing after them.

They have the same short range freeze and long range para aoes as their boss version in Cutter's Cry, only this time you don't get any on screen text letting you know. If no one hits the interrupt to stop it things will get very bad, very fast.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Ram's Voice aoe is a different one from those giant circle aoes, right?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lmao @ the dialogue choice where you blame everything on Yshtola

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Augus posted:

To be fair she had just finished saying "Well let's open up this magically sealed thing to see what's inside". We weren't lying.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
were people mad at water water froth and foam because this apparently signals an attempt to woobify/uwu bean/waifuism y'shtola, and less "sometimes... kids are cringe"?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Not that I've seen but I can assure you someone out there is foaming at the mouth because of it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its the internet, someone somewhere is mad about everything and someone else is mad that theyre mad

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Zeruel posted:

were people mad at water water froth and foam because this apparently signals an attempt to woobify/uwu bean/waifuism y'shtola, and less "sometimes... kids are cringe"?

I don't think anyone's mad, but I do think it's funny how parts of the fandom are reacting to it.

You know that element in fanworks where a character liking a thing becomes their ENTIRE personality no matter what else happened? Usually happens with food? Yeah, there's people who are REALLY trying to make that part Y'shtola's One Thing... which requires them to ignore the entire rest of the scene that they're basing her One Thing on.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Countblanc posted:

just a note here, the bolded bit is wrong - LB is built at a 100% fixed rate based on your job. You can't "feed LB meter" because you can't increase your (or your enemy's) LB gain aside from three abilities which specifically do that thing. You can test it yourself but I've done it across multiple games, LB build rate is completely fixed, ie. MCH will always get its first LB at 3:30*. You can see the job build rates below:

Is this true in Frontlines, too? Or just CC?

Barreft posted:

I'm loving CC but it's so convoluted. I have no idea what I'm doing.

I shouldn't need to join an FC or google/youtube how to do battleground.

like look at this:

I just finished that and I had no idea what I was doing or what any of this meant.
There's colors and numbers everywhere but no explanation for any of it.

If you want it, the official CC guide on the Lodestone tells you all about it, the party list and more.

Countblanc posted:

the CC HUD does suck because it doesn't say which team you're on during a match. that's such an obvious oversight.

You're on blue. You're always on blue. They should tell you which team you're on in the party list, to avoid potential issues with color blindness, but they do at least tell you in the intro screen, and the respawn pads are different too.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Zeruel posted:

I am! More annoyed than anything, but yes, I didn't like it as much as I wanted to. Personally I was more annoyed at the sleeping thing earlier.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I'm glad Y'sh is finally getting any shading to her personality out side of "Catty and Smart". She's now finally on the same level of characterization as Thancred.

Also Y'sh working and researching to such excess she ignores anything else is something the game has already hit on in multiple places. She's incredibly focused on her interests/goals sometimes to her personal detriment. It's one of hte most consistent bits of character writing for her so her falling asleep a few dozen hours into reading it's perfectly in tone with her earlier writing.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Apr 17, 2022

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how can she read books anyway

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Braille

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

Everything in the ff world's got aether of different kinds in it, even ink so if all you see is different types of aether you can see the ink's aether compared to the paper's aether.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Augus posted:

its rare I actually laugh out loud at a video game, but that scene got me good

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Zeruel posted:

Actually, thinking more about this, there's part of it that I really love in how it characterizes someone else entirely who isn't even in the scene.

Knowing now that the nixies were Y'shtola's childhood familiar when studying under Matoya, is the second boss of Matoya's Relict basically the mage equivalent of a parent still having their kid's embarrassing childhood drawing up on the fridge?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Cleretic posted:

Actually, thinking more about this, there's part of it that I really love in how it characterizes someone else entirely who isn't even in the scene.

Knowing now that the nixies were Y'shtola's childhood familiar when studying under Matoya, is the second boss of Matoya's Relict basically the mage equivalent of a parent still having their kid's embarrassing childhood drawing up on the fridge?

We've always known about Y'shtola making the nixies, bringing her and Alphi as Relict trusts has them mention it. What we learned from this is the cutesy incantation.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Super No Vacancy posted:

we know for a fact that some types of ink are aetherically charged/altered so that probably contributes to it

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

I actually loving won a plot I'm so happy about this stupid fake house omg

14,908 gil left after buying the permit lol

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ceramics posted:

That's enough to buy a chair and maybe a bed, what more do you need really

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Ceramics posted:

I had no expectation of winning anything in this lottery, and I've already spent 129k on a fence. Housing is going to be a massive money sink and I love it.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Alliance raid rocks, very curious to see where this is going.

Also music spoiler for those who haven't done it yet, but this remix is A+ as usual: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKEaaN2PnNQ

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I did it, I escaped Bronze Hell...

Now, it's time for... Silver Hell...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

So a man walks into a bar, and sits down. He starts a conversation with a miqo'te woman next to him. The old girl has obviously had a few. She says to the man:

"You know Archon Louisoix? I followed him to Eorzea to help him try to avert the Seventh Umbral Calamity. But do they call me "Y'shtola the hero"? Nahh. And do you know about The Navel, Titan's hidden lair in the heart of O'Ghomoro? I scryed the aetheryte path to it, no Sharlyian scholar could have done better. Do they call me "Y'shtola the scholar"? Nahh. And you see those Night's Blessed over there? I led them through light flooded apocalypse for years! But do they call me "Y'shtola the leader"? Nahh."

The miqo'te woman looks around, and makes sure that nobody is listening, and leans to the man, and she says:

"but you summon one nixie..."