Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i love every cheese they are all my children

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Heather Papps posted:

i love every cheese they are all my children

Even this one?

https://www.costco.com/whole-wheel-parmigiano-reggiano%2C-72-lbs.-.product.100096211.html

cruft

I bet if someone tried to eat ricotta on a ham sandwich they'd think ricotta was gross too.

It's all about selecting the right cheese for the occasion, and American is not the right cheese for every occasion.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Colby cheese is very nice and has an interesting texture.

Boba Pearl

by Athanatos
I'm learning a lot about this Phoenix Wright court room editor, and now I'm trying to resist the urge to go full crazy and just turn random conversations into Phoenix Wright stuff.

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Boba Pearl posted:

I'm learning a lot about this Phoenix Wright court room editor, and now I'm trying to resist the urge to go full crazy and just turn random conversations into Phoenix Wright stuff.

Embrace the chaos Boba.

biosterous

make it a thread post the link let people go hogge wilde

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Boba Pearl

by Athanatos
my first byob thread? do I have the courage? do I have the will?

Finger Prince

cruft posted:

I bet if someone tried to eat ricotta on a ham sandwich they'd think ricotta was gross too.

It's all about selecting the right cheese for the occasion, and American is not the right cheese for every occasion.

American cheese is the right cheese for burgers, and umm, burgers. There may be other right cheeses for burgers as well, but American is the default.

more falafel please

forums poster

Finger Prince posted:

American cheese is the right cheese for burgers, and umm, burgers. There may be other right cheeses for burgers as well, but American is the default.

correct, also grilled cheese. the meltitude

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Finger Prince

more falafel please posted:

Not a fan so much in that format. The texture isn't right. There's no bite.

xcheopis

more falafel please posted:

No, grilled cheese sandwiches need to be made with aged cheddar.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

xcheopis posted:

No, grilled cheese sandwiches need to be made with aged cheddar.

Aged cheddar cheese is very tasty, but it is not a good choice for a grilled cheese sandwich.

xcheopis

Barking Gecko posted:

Aged cheddar cheese is very tasty, but it is not a good choice for a grilled cheese sandwich.

Lies!
It's my favourite.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I like American cheese on a grilled cheese sandwich, it's a very nostalgic flavor. Sometimes a fancier kind of grilled cheese is nice too but I think American just tastes like how a grilled cheese sandwich should to me. Similarly if I am just having mustard, lettuce, a nice tomato, and cucumber or something, I like American cheese because it isn't bossy. It gives a nice unctuous texture but lets you taste your vegetables. I think it is a nice cheese.

My brother's big snack as a kid was to wrap a slim jim up in a piece of american cheese and eat it like that. He called it a "championship" and he grew up big and strong so maybe he was on to something.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

biosterous

Boba Pearl posted:

do it do it do it!

unless you don't want to!

gallery of sigs

he/him

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

cruft posted:

I beg to differ :colbert:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Boba Pearl posted:

Believe in yourself Boba, for we believe in you

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

cruft

Boba, I would like to convey that your current av is just absolutely screaming psychotic at me, which I'm going to guess was what you were going for, in which case, awesome job.

I know how to draw a pig.

Escape From Noise

xcheopis posted:

Lies!
It's my favourite.

Sharp cheddar is the superior grilled cheese filling. Mmmmmm baby

cruft

I think I'm coming down in camp American in the Great Grilled Cheese wars here.

I am not a fan of sharp cheddar cheese. Cheese with crunchy bits in it is just weird to me.

I think Jarlsberg is my all-time fave. Mild cheddar is a close second: it's just so versatile! And Meunster makes me nostalgic.

I have yet to find a vegan cheese I like. Still searching, though.

Escape From Noise

You're talking extra sharp.

cruft

Escape From Noise posted:

You're talking extra sharp.

I guess the "NOW: With Glass Shards!" sticker should have been a giveaway.

Finger Prince

cruft posted:

I think I'm coming down in camp American in the Great Grilled Cheese wars here.

I am not a fan of sharp cheddar cheese. Cheese with crunchy bits in it is just weird to me.

I think Jarlsberg is my all-time fave. Mild cheddar is a close second: it's just so versatile! And Meunster makes me nostalgic.

I have yet to find a vegan cheese I like. Still searching, though.

Heck yeah, a Swiss style like emmenthal or jarlsberg is the best for grilled cheese, imo. It has some chew to it.

Escape From Noise

I also like chevre in my grilled cheese sometimes.

Manifisto

american cheese is a good cheese to include in a grilled cheese because it contains sodium citrate and possibly other melting chemicals. you can supplement the american with other less bland cheeses, really anything you want, but getting the american in there will help ensure you don't have unmelted blocks of cheese in the middle of your sammich.

ty nesamdoom!

Boba Pearl

by Athanatos
https://bobapearlessence.com/cheeze.mp4

Boba Pearl

by Athanatos

cruft posted:

Boba, I would like to convey that your current av is just absolutely screaming psychotic at me, which I'm going to guess was what you were going for, in which case, awesome job.

I know how to draw a pig.

She has the crazy eyes and I love her for it.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Escape From Noise

Manifisto posted:

american cheese is a good cheese to include in a grilled cheese because it contains sodium citrate and possibly other melting chemicals. you can supplement the american with other less bland cheeses, really anything you want, but getting the american in there will help ensure you don't have unmelted blocks of cheese in the middle of your sammich.

A hot skillet can also ensure everything melts.

sb hermit

kraft singles are the canonical american cheese
any imitations must also be available in single slices or they are disqualified

it is simply not just the taste, or the melting properties, or having a reputation for being inferior to a real cheese with a rind and etc. It must also be the distribution mechanism, which is too much f'in plastic to completely wrap a slice of imitation cheese that can cover the majority of a piece of toast.

iTrust

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:
I was kind of hoping there was some rustic cheesemaker out in rural, I dunno, Maine? making some amazing Cheese that I didn't know existed. Her name would be, maybe Naomi, and she would make the cheese based on family techniques passed down over at least five generations. I would have been excited to try it some day but I guess the dream is dead.

Also, Edam is a good sandwich cheese, as it goes.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
The only thing cheesy round here is my posting

Tiny Myers

say hello to my little friend

Rarity posted:

The only thing cheesy round here is my posting

they call it that because your posts get better with age :kimchi:

Escape From Noise

Mmmm 1991 American Kraft Single. A fine year!

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Apr 17, 2022

cruft

This is absolutely bonkers and also my favorite thing today.

Philippe

(she/her)
I like halloumi

(and boba's posts)

biosterous

i have a mild fever and one of my symptoms apparently is giving a mumbly running stream of consciousness narration of um everything

spouse isn't awake yet but they will probably be very amused

gallery of sigs

he/him

Finger Prince

iTrust posted:

I was kind of hoping there was some rustic cheesemaker out in rural, I dunno, Maine? making some amazing Cheese that I didn't know existed. Her name would be, maybe Naomi, and she would make the cheese based on family techniques passed down over at least five generations. I would have been excited to try it some day but I guess the dream is dead.

Also, Edam is a good sandwich cheese, as it goes.

That thing does exist, the only problem is you can only buy that cheese from Naomi at the Burlington farmer's market every other Saturday during the summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

69 unread posts in the chat thread