Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Futanari Damacy posted:

Tornado warnings pre-empted for announcements announcing future announcements for the future of branding

That means we would be able to maintain entergagement using only hand-cranked emergency radios. Sounds like the next level to me!

#STAYBROWSED without the browser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

god drat it when is he announcing nathfield eats, i want a pizza drenched in sauce based on nathfield's iconic orange suit

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Orangey. Not orange, orangey.

I hate the wird orange. It barely looks like a word to me.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

My favourite thing about this thread is the uncanny timeliness with which Nathfield continually proved posters wrong when they suggested closing the thread. What a ride.

That and fork prison.

If you're only dipping into the thread now, you need to read it from the beginning, it's a journey.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

I'm now the proud owner of two Garfield points whatever those are. It's like 30 degrees and humid outside and I wish I could spend them on air conditioning.

Bringing this back from the 12th page but I just burst out laughing at "say yes !" And the button being "okay"

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Scientastic posted:

My favourite thing about this thread is the uncanny timeliness with which Nathfield continually proved posters wrong when they suggested closing the thread. What a ride.

That and fork prison.

If you're only dipping into the thread now, you need to read it from the beginning, it's a journey.

Sorry hey yeah I just looked at the first page and did he really suggest reusing a greasy lasagna box as a tissue box? Like, for real?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
That was one of his more sane suggestions

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

His suggestions also include referring to him as the living god on earth and also the systematic extermination of anyone over 55.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

His suggestions also include referring to him as the living god on earth and also the systematic extermination of anyone over 55.

Mneow !

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Tiny Myers posted:

Sorry hey yeah I just looked at the first page and did he really suggest reusing a greasy lasagna box as a tissue box? Like, for real?

That's just the tip of the Garfberg.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Yeah that was the wise entrepreneur visionary stage of Nathen's oeuvre

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Tiny Myers posted:

Wait until you get to the video of “how to use a cup as a cup”

SO ENTERGAGING

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Idk why but this made me bust out laughing

I'm entergaged, as the kids say

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
this thread is a thread with many peaks and valleys but fork jail is truly the thing that will live with me forever

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

BE NOT AFRAID

UNLESS YOU ARE OLD

MNEOW

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Doesn't this include his dad, who seems to be the main source of his Kramer-like income?

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Idk why but this made me bust out laughing
Same. I think it helps to realize that is a literal summary of the last couple of weeks (well actually he only wants people between like 58 and 76 to die or whatever Boomers are)

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Binary Badger posted:

Doesn't this include his dad, who seems to be the main source of his Kramer-like income?

This sounds like you’re a hater to me: Nathen specifically said his dad didn’t give him any financial help.

Are you calling the man who created this a liar?

https://i.imgur.com/VIsMASD.mp4

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Lol. This thread has been going for three years!!!

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Scientastic posted:

This sounds like you’re a hater to me: Nathen specifically said his dad didn’t give him any financial help.

Are you calling the man who created this a liar?

https://i.imgur.com/VIsMASD.mp4

I believe him... as if those lips could lie. Though maybe daddy pays him a generous "allowance" (to stay in Canada), and he sacrificed some of it for a few months or years.

And remember, GarfieldEATS had some guy other than a relative of Nathen's as a major investor. There would be a certain type who'd be literally hypnotised by his entergaging spiels and want to invest after enough of them, particularly before GarfEATS went bust.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Escape From Noise posted:

Lol. This thread has been going for three years!!!

Yeah, I'm catching up after thinking this had died off. I was about 7000 posts behind so I just skipped ahead and read from the Nathfield announcement on.

Can someone briefly explain/link what "prison fork" is about?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Something like the old 'im crushing your head' bit from Kids in the Hall except hold up a fork to your eye and imagine garfield in jail or something

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I wish some elite script kiddie type Nathfieldologist would make a webpage of pics trawled from this thread/linked social media posts. Similar to the Doobie one. It'd make it a lot easier to find "request" pics, like the fork jail one.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Yeah, I'm catching up after thinking this had died off. I was about 7000 posts behind so I just skipped ahead and read from the Nathfield announcement on.

Basically Nathen lost his GarfLicense because Davis sold the rights to Nickelodeon so he posted a picture of his Garf plush with a fork up to the camera saying Garfield was in jail or something.

Edit: Found the original post.

wynott dunn posted:

This is an extremely normal reaction

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Apr 17, 2022

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Basically Nathen lost his GarfLicense because Davis sold the rights to Nickelodeon so he posted a picture of his Garf plush with a fork up to the camera saying Garfield was in jail or something.

cmon, there's hundreds of pages proving thats not "why he lost the license"

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

GolfHole posted:

cmon, there's hundreds of pages proving thats not "why he lost the license"

Well, I mean obviously it was his behavior and poor management, but unlike Jim Davis, Viacom gave a poo poo about Nathen making their property look bad.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

oh ya the second part is extremely dead-on

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

go back and read those posts imo, it's been a real trip

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Wasn’t it just that someone at the new ownership began to actually look closely at what Nathen was producing? Which also happened to coincide with a ramping degree of insanity in his posts.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I went back to re read the first few pages and the general confusion and reaction of "WTF is this even?" is great and completely understandable. Like a lot of people thought it was some money laundering scheme, again, completely understandably.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I think it's just more that Viacom had recently acquired Garfield and maybe his license was up for renewal, he had posted his bizarre COVID conspiracy theory stuff, and had already lost two restaurants. It was probably Viacom making sure everything with their newly acquired property was in order.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Fork jail was Garfield’s punishment (for what?) when Nathen got mad at him (why?)

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Fork jail was Garfield’s punishment (for what?) when Nathen got mad at him (why?)

Asking too many questions about Nathen's innermost thoughts can lead only to madness, so I suggest you leave it there, "crazy eyes".

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Got a flashback to when Nathen spent a few days campaigning against a local homeless shelter and complaining about condo prices and stuff. What sticks out in my memory is that this is when he was working on Scooby-Doo! Eats and he repeatedly used the phrase "meddling homeless shelter".

Kevin DuBrow fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 17, 2022

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Well, I mean obviously it was his behavior and poor management, but unlike Jim Davis, Viacom gave a poo poo about Nathen making their property look bad.

I think it was right around when Nathen started talking about how Garfield’s sex life and how he was celibate by choice that Viacom pulled the plug

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Got a flashback to when Nathen spent a few days campaigning against a local homeless shelter and complaining about condo prices and stuff. What sticks out in my memory is that this is when he was working on Scooby-Doo! Eats and he repeatedly used the phrase "meddling homeless shelter".

As an aside: the author of that piece Sue Ann Levy is one of the worst most hateful journalists in Canadian history

She claimed that refugees were slaughtering goats at their shelter hotel. Didn't check just repeated fascist rhetoric into the paper

Turdo
Jun 15, 2012

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Woah, I totally missed this. So he was trying to become a Scooby Doo villain and also get involved in solving actual, real rear end murders just to get back at the Cat?

Also, "agreed to speak to me to solve the murder mysteries" lol

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

gently caress SNEEP posted:

go back and read those posts imo, it's been a real trip

:catstare: oh, I will, having seen the posts on this page of Nathen's greatest hits. I thought Scooby-Doo Eats was a goon joke or something, but... no. Apparently it is not.

Thanks for replies re: jail fork, that was even weirder than what I was (honestly no clue) expecting.

Edit: jail fork was posted almost exactly one year ago , happy jail fork day

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Apr 17, 2022

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Every once in a while I have a moment reading this thread when I realize that this is all real and actually happened. Like I was typing a joke about MAALIK-UL-MULK breaking Garfield out of fork jail with the power of friendship and in the middle of it my eyes kinda glazed over and my brain froze up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

:catstare: oh, I will, having seen the posts on this page of Nathen's greatest hits. I thought Scooby-Doo Eats was a goon joke or something, but... no. Apparently it is not.

Thanks for replies re: jail fork, that was even weirder than what I was (honestly no clue) expecting.

Edit: jail fork was posted almost exactly one year ago , happy jail fork day

not knowing about fork jail is a fork jailable offense