Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Arc Hammer posted:

Hell yeah I love Masks!

*eyes wide shut music*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TIP posted:

I recently rewatched With Bob & David and it's now only 3 episodes because they removed the entirety of the one where David Cross wears blackface.

Oddly enough they kept the making of documentary that heavily covers that episode and features more shots of David Cross in blackface than the entire episode they removed. Somehow David Cross putting on blackface while riffing jokes about "Minstrel Show with Bob & David" is ok but the sketch that was actually trying to make a point was not.

I'm not defending the sketch, it didn't really work and if you're gonna go to that well it better be incredibly funny and meaningful. Probably just don't go to that well. Just thought the way it was handled was ridiculous.

I'll have to check HBO Max when I get home, I wonder if Pootie Tang is still up for streaming? Not only does it have David Cross in blackface, but was produced by prolific masturbator Louis C.K.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLIbv_J5E0M

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
it is, at least it was when i watched it about a month ago

sine your pity on the runny kine

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Mr. Meagles posted:

My 3rd grade teacher called me Short Round for the whole school year and at the time I thought it was cool because I liked Indiana Jones but that was pretty racist Mr. Terry

lol

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

Lol poo poo I'm watching The Mummy Returns and I forgot about the flashback to the ancient egyptian bikini gymnastics swordfight scene.

Watched it again recently. That film had some potential but when the airship showed up I just started laughing. It's like a set from an SNL skit.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Its true although somehow short round is a breath of fresh compared to the kid sidekicks that came after

he was good in Everything Everywhere All At Once, too.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
I saw EEAAO last night and for about half the movie I thought the villain's name was Shoji Tabuchi.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

time to rewatch the shoji ep

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The transition from them shouting Shoji's name to their reaction at hearing him sing is just superb

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Pham Nuwen posted:

he was good in Everything Everywhere All At Once, too.

:aaaaa:

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Everything Everywhere At Once really did a great job of stunting on all of the much more sub-par multiverse poo poo lately.

It really goes to show how most of the quality unique things lately are done by creative duo teams (Clone High guys, Expanse guys, etc). Probably because they can tell each other that their ideas are bad instead of disappearing up their own butthole of AUTEURNESS and being surrounded by yes-men who don't disagree with them due to not being at the same level of professional respect.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

jeeves posted:

Everything Everywhere At Once really did a great job of stunting on all of the much more sub-par multiverse poo poo lately.

It really goes to show how most of the quality unique things lately are done by creative duo teams (Clone High guys, Expanse guys, etc). Probably because they can tell each other that their ideas are bad instead of disappearing up their own butthole of AUTEURNESS and being surrounded by yes-men who don't disagree with them due to not being at the same level of professional respect.

It's actually cause two people can easily beat up almost any executive so the much more real threat of physical violence reduces mind numbingly stupid notes on the production, op.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
So I watched the Batman (leak). It's just a Se7en kind of story?

Why does it need to be so long with the last 40 minutes. Kind of feel like a Korean movie with all those extra endings. I agree with RLM decision of not reviewing it.

Also, a noir story only works if the narrator is powerless against the corrupted system, if you put in a overpowered protagonist, it doesn't work.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Kingo Ligma posted:

It's actually cause two people can easily beat up almost any executive so the much more real threat of physical violence reduces mind numbingly stupid notes on the production, op.

Makes sense to me.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

stephenthinkpad posted:

So I watched the Batman (leak). It's just a Se7en kind of story?

Why does it need to be so long with the last 40 minutes. Kind of feel like a Korean movie with all those extra endings. I agree with RLM decision of not reviewing it.

Also, a noir story only works if the narrator is powerless against the corrupted system, if you put in a overpowered protagonist, it doesn't work.

It’s poo poo OP

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
My 3rd grade teacher called me Short Round for the whole school year and at the time I thought it was cool because I liked Indiana Jones but that was pretty racist Mr. Evans

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

jeeves posted:

It really goes to show how most of the quality unique things lately are done by creative duo teams (Clone High guys, Expanse guys,

game of thrones guys, kurtzman-orci, the duplass brothers. Yeah I totally see what you mean

E: morbius written by a duo too

kalel fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Apr 18, 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

golan and globus

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

kalel posted:

game of thrones guys, kurtzman-orci, the duplass brothers. Yeah I totally see what you mean

E: morbius written by a duo too

Quantum of Phallus posted:

golan and globus

Sometimes creative duos also just mean they can get double the cocaine

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

jeeves posted:

Stoklasa and Bauman made Space Cop

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

space cop cant be bad it stars famous actor Rich Evans

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

wait I thought he was a 3rd grade teacher

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Oh poo poo I can watch Patman vs. Zodiac now

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

jeeves posted:

It really goes to show how most of the quality unique things lately are done by creative duo teams (Clone High guys, Expanse guys, etc)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Lmao

https://twitter.com/Yelix/status/1515840695180873733

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Show, don't tell

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

for anyone who hasn't seen it:

https://imgur.com/gallery/Ip9dj

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Sagebrush posted:

for anyone who hasn't seen it:

What in the actual gently caress???

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Lmao the juxtaposition of the serious character with jar jar’s constant idiocy is funny as hell.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Galewolf posted:

What in the actual gently caress???

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Is that Canon? Lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

priznat posted:

Lmao the juxtaposition of the serious character with jar jar’s constant idiocy is funny as hell.

Jar jar is the key to all this

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

lucas was right, jarjar is the funniest character they've ever had

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Wendigee posted:

Is that Canon? Lol

looks more like a harpoon

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
to save you from looking at Wookieepedia, I thought that comic was just a funny internet thing but apparently it was really printed in "Star Wars Tales" issue 20

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

AARD VARKMAN posted:

to save you from looking at Wookieepedia, I thought that comic was just a funny internet thing but apparently it was really printed in "Star Wars Tales" issue 20

Jesus Christ lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Yeah that looks like someone doing a bit amazing that it was an officially published tale.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Disney would never

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

This is genuinely one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The suicide panel is amazing av material.