Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/tGJr2lo.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
(re-post for new page)

https://i.imgur.com/0SV08iY.mp4

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/78leW5q.gifv

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
More of this.

https://i.imgur.com/gBmRShj.gifv

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Less of this.

https://i.imgur.com/XNvipNu.gifv

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe more of this.

https://i.imgur.com/mgenCeA.gifv

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

This only looks weird because ramming the car didn't dent it at all. It looked fine at the moment though

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:hmmyes:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

RBA Starblade posted:

This only looks weird because ramming the car didn't dent it at all. It looked fine at the moment though

It doesn’t look like he hits it, though. It looks like he grabs it underneath and hucks it. If you watch frame-by-frame you can see him reach underneath right before he reaches it.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

huh posted:

When did we see a Hunter?
the worms that took over the ship. Hunters are a bunch of worms in a suit of armor.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

The Madrigal plot is so fkn stupid. Everything else is working for me.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

my cat is norris posted:

The Madrigal plot is so fkn stupid. Everything else is working for me.

Yeah same. I don't give a poo poo about Kwan anymore. Sorren is a pretty cool dude though. This is 100% speculation but I'm guessing that their ancestors true purpose or whatever is protecting a Forerunner facility.

I'm on the edge of my seat with the Eridanus II plot because when they described the plague that hit the planet last episode it was stated that the UNSC implemented "Emergency Protocol Upsilon" which in the books is what the UNSC use for outbreaks of The Flood.

And this episode we have an unexplained drawing of a big circle with tendrils. :shepface:

My favorite part of the latest episode was when John gets to the big hole in the ground and just jumps into it. It's so perfect in every way.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

SpartanIvy posted:

Yeah same. I don't give a poo poo about Kwan anymore. Sorren is a pretty cool dude though. This is 100% speculation but I'm guessing that their ancestors true purpose or whatever is protecting a Forerunner facility.

Yeah Kwan, John, and Covenant lady are all going to converge on the Forerunner facility on Madrigol at the same time. Kwan wants an army of people motivated to fight the UNSC and gosh look who's on a personal journey to having a very personal grudge against the UNSC?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Kai-125 is correct. The Needler is indeed a fuckin’ rad gun.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Alchenar posted:

Yeah Kwan, John, and Covenant lady are all going to converge on the Forerunner facility on Madrigol at the same time. Kwan wants an army of people motivated to fight the UNSC and gosh look who's on a personal journey to having a very personal grudge against the UNSC?

At the critical moment Master Chief kills his marines so he can nade jump the Warthog past the rest of the plot to get to the conclusion of the story

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

343 Guilty Spark appears and is voiced by Matt Berry.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 17, 2022

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

The show has already established that the Spartans were willing to go on a marine murder spree at the drop of a hat for one of their own, which might well turn out to be a Chekov's gun.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
The rogue Spartans are pursued by a squad of Marines when suddenly the Marines freeze as they pass through a doorway. The Spartans promptly stick dozens of plasma grenades to the frozen marines and back through the doorway slowly to view their handiwork as the Marines suddenly become unfrozen and begin exploding all around the map

This show writes itself!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Gonz posted:

343 Guilty Spark appears and is voiced by Matt Berry.

Well now I'm set up to be disappointed when this doesn't come true. Thanks a lot, jerk.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Professor Beetus posted:

Well now I'm set up to be disappointed when this doesn't come true. Thanks a lot, jerk.

“Yes, I can hear you, Master Chief!”

Imagine how disappointed I was when I realized this would never happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3vDL2lU_9I

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Otoh maybe they could get Peter Dinklage, I bet he'd be a great choice!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I really like that Spartan lady after she took out her emotion chip thing. She's cool as hell.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

I really like that Spartan lady after she took out her emotion chip thing. She's cool as hell.

Said it before and I’ll say it again: that scene with her and the needler is some of the best TV I’ve seen in a while.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
That's a stretch but it certainly was very cute. The kind of fan service I'd absolutely expect from a Halo series; she's just as stoked about the thing as most gamers.

Have we seen one in action yet on the show? I thought some of the Elites in the opening shootout were sporting them, but a lot of Covenant weapons have a similar silhouette.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Elites were just using plasma rifles and pistols and spears in the opening.

There's a distinct lack of purple and shiny reds and blues for the Covenant so far.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Isometric Bacon posted:

They do a reasonable job, given the fact it's live action. It is somewhat diminished by the fact they never keep heir helmets on, which ruins the illusion. I thought in particular the Miranda / Kai scene this last episode was great at showing how Kai towered over her physically and helped illustrate why Miranda had only ever seen then as machines up until Kia began to open up. Helps also that the actress is really short.

:Edit: actually I looked it up and all the actors playing Spartans are between 6"3-6"5 , with the exception of the red headed one, who is 6"1. I did notice the blocking had her standing on a raised step in one of the early scenes when all four were standing around.

Yeah while watching it I thought they did a good job showing the spartans stomping around towering over people and I was curious how much work the huge lifts in their giant boots and camera trickery was doing. I was impressed to see they were able to find actresses that tall and (so far) also being good actors and not glorified stunt people. You figure the actress for Kai at 6'3", with easily at least 4" lifts in those big boots, and the bulky armor and helmets, it doesn't take a lot of camera trickery on top of that to make them look imposing.

It also makes the cast photos a bit hilarious, lol

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Tom Guycot posted:

It also makes the cast photos a bit hilarious, lol

Absolute units

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah you really don't realize that actors above 6 feet tall isn't the norm until you see pictures like this. Then you add in the camera tricks and you can make taller people look like giants.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!

Gonz posted:

“Yes, I can hear you, Master Chief!”

Imagine how disappointed I was when I realized this would never happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3vDL2lU_9I

Wow. This was the best way for me to discover there are new Toast of London episodes.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Marty and Mike have apparently settled with Microsoft, so hopefully in the future they might get to use some more proper halo drums.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGCa2kyHFpM

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Arc Hammer posted:

Marty and Mike have apparently settled with Microsoft, so hopefully in the future they might get to use some more proper halo drums.

If they aren't scrambling to re-score the remaining episodes with as much halo music as they can right this moment, then they're really dumb.

Its one of the defining aesthetic elements of Halo as a series, and not getting the music thing settled before starting a show of Halo was dumb as poo poo.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I wouldn't be surprised if changing the music away from whoever already made and the associated royalties or whatever might make its own legal mess?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tom Guycot posted:

If they aren't scrambling to re-score the remaining episodes with as much halo music as they can right this moment, then they're really dumb.

Its one of the defining aesthetic elements of Halo as a series, and not getting the music thing settled before starting a show of Halo was dumb as poo poo.

Don’t rescore. Just use the already made tracks. Besides Marty maybe, no one would mind!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I recognize everyone except the lady on the far left. Is that the Bokeem Woodbine's wife character?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Hakkesshu posted:

I recognize everyone except the lady on the far left. Is that the Bokeem Woodbine's wife character?

If I had to guess, I'd say that's Natascha Mcelhone.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

That's the assassin that Burn Gorman hired.

e: wow, goons really do have face blindness.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Open Source Idiom posted:

If I had to guess, I'd say that's Natascha Mcelhone.

Noooo it is not

Alchenar posted:

That's the assassin that Burn Gorman hired.

e: wow, goons really do have face blindness.

Oh right, forgot about her already.

Yeep
Nov 8, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

I really hope "haha we're like totally sisters" to the lady who's mother abandoned her to work on her supersoldier program is intentional awkwardness rather than bad writing.

Similarly, does Kwan keep banging on about Soren getting paid, despite him being clearly motivated by his promise to John rather than money, because she's an idiot child, or because someone in the writing room is lazily following the Han Solo script? And did she get a rewrite between the pilot and the rest of the series? Because I was legitimately surprised to discover her family actually did have money and it wasn't just an (unnecessary) bluff to get Soren to come along.

Yeep fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Apr 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Yeep posted:

I really hope "haha we're like totally sisters" to the lady who's mother abandoned her to work on her supersoldier program is intentional awkwardness rather than bad writing.

Miranda responded pretty awkwardly and she said it pretty awkwardly so I just assumed so