Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

DoubleDonut posted:

https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/1515414106248990729

didn't know where else to post this but it's very funny

dt obama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Obama and the Democrats are definately kings.

Mene mene Tekel upharsin

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belshazzar%27s_feast

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

DoubleDonut posted:

Obama has such a severe case of protagonist brain holy poo poo hahaha

What a narcissist, nobody self aware talks like this, movie character mf’er

being president obviously doesn’t confer mountains of wisdom otherwise you wouldn’t have emulated previous war criminals, phony rear end in a top hat. Trump now did the same things you did, can’t even see the taint because you’re looking at your own, goddamn

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Talking about prophecy when you appointed a Jim Eagle segregationist as your legacy steward is a self fulfilling one 🤡🖕

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Lastgirl posted:

Obama has such a severe case of protagonist brain holy poo poo hahaha

What a narcissist, nobody self aware talks like this, movie character mf’er

being president obviously doesn’t confer mountains of wisdom otherwise you wouldn’t have emulated previous war criminals, phony rear end in a top hat. Trump now did the same things you did, can’t even see the taint because you’re looking at your own, goddamn

lol

well that and his own metaphor clearly makes him out to be the villain

like... I can think of quite literally no biblical instances of kings deciding to do their own thing over following a prophet's guidance where the king turns out to be correct

e: also a few instances where prophets did get to be king so just hilarious all around

LGD has issued a correction as of 00:43 on Apr 18, 2022

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Kings, prophets, whatever -- what I'm saying is that a lot of babies are going to be cut in half.

-Obama

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Samuel told all the words of the Lᴏʀᴅ to the people who were asking him for a king.

He said, “This is what the king who will reign over you will do: He will take your sons and make them serve with his chariots and horses, and they will run in front of his chariots.

“Some he will assign to be commanders of thousands and commanders of fifties, and others to plow his ground and reap his harvest, and still others to make weapons of war and equipment for his chariots.

“He will take your daughters to be perfumers and cooks and bakers.

“He will take the best of your fields and vineyards and olive groves and give them to his attendants.

“He will take a tenth of your grain and of your vintage and give it to his officials and attendants.

“Your menservants and maidservants and the best of your cattle and donkeys he will take for his own use.

“He will take a tenth of your flocks, and you yourselves will become his slaves.

When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, and the Lᴏʀᴅ will not answer you in that day."

But the people refused to listen to Samuel. “No!” they said. “We want a king over us. Then we will be like all the other nations, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our battles.”

When Samuel heard all that the people said, he repeated it before the LORD.

The Lᴏʀᴅ answered, “Listen to them and give them a king.” Then Samuel said to the men of Israel, “Everyone go back to his town.”

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Herod, after John the Baptist's death: Ladies and gentlemen, we got him.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

palindrome posted:

Kings, prophets, whatever -- what I'm saying is that a lot of babies are going to be cut in half.

-Obama

uhhh let me be clear. if you like your baby, you can keep him

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

30.5 Days posted:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

30.5 Days posted:

Herod, after John the Baptist's death: Ladies and gentlemen, we got him.

related for easter

https://twitter.com/PostinMonkey/status/1515794018172428289

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

30.5 Days posted:

uhhh let me be clear. if you like your barrabus, you can keep him

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Platystemon posted:

Samuel told all the words of the Lᴏʀᴅ to the people who were asking him for a king.

He said, “This is what the king who will reign over you will do: He will take your sons and make them serve with his chariots and horses, and they will run in front of his chariots.

“Some he will assign to be commanders of thousands and commanders of fifties, and others to plow his ground and reap his harvest, and still others to make weapons of war and equipment for his chariots.

“He will take your daughters to be perfumers and cooks and bakers.

“He will take the best of your fields and vineyards and olive groves and give them to his attendants.

“He will take a tenth of your grain and of your vintage and give it to his officials and attendants.

Your menservants and maidservants and the best of your cattle and donkeys he will take for his own use.

“He will take a tenth of your flocks, and you yourselves will become his slaves.

When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, and the Lᴏʀᴅ will not answer you in that day."

But the people refused to listen to Samuel. “No!” they said. “We want a king over us. Then we will be like all the other nations, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our battles.”

When Samuel heard all that the people said, he repeated it before the LORD.

The Lᴏʀᴅ answered, “Listen to them and give them a king.” Then Samuel said to the men of Israel, “Everyone go back to his town.”

hmmm

hmmmmmmm

i wonder if there were some unspoken reasons that the position of king was being instated

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

feinstein and biden challenge: Get In the loving Dirt

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

30.5 Days posted:

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

The Moabites aren't sending their best

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/TheNels/status/1516093594892910596?t=20haBqYEDKomKfBpD8NTfw&s=19

every once in a while i see some blue wave emoji post this and zoom in to a different part and laugh every time

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

the bitcoin of weed posted:

https://twitter.com/TheNels/status/1516093594892910596?t=20haBqYEDKomKfBpD8NTfw&s=19

every once in a while i see some blue wave emoji post this and zoom in to a different part and laugh every time

even when I enlarge the image it's too blurry to read, which is pretty on-brand

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lol

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

lol November is going to be so loving funny

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/ezraklein/statu...ingawful.com%2F

:thunk:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

lmao

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

loving amazing, lol

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

glad to see ezra’s keeping his old traditions alive

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/s...ingawful.com%2F

:thunk: :thunk:

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

e: huh, I did that thing where you post in the wrong thread

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

lol

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

DoubleDonut posted:

Being an old testament prophet sounds pretty cool ngl. You get to walk up to priests of other gods and call them cucks and dare their gods to set things on fire, and afterwards you can march right on up to your king, tell him a long-winded story about a real piece of poo poo, get him to agree that the guy in the story is a loser and should be put to death, then dramatically reveal that he's the loser, and he can't do poo poo about it because god will give him leprosy if he touches you.

Occasionally you get to sic a bear on some teenagers

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

lmbo

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

the only thing that could push marijuana legalization into reality would be if members of congress receive, personally, more money from legalization than they would from keeping it illegal. that will be true regardless of the age of members of congress

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

ex post facho posted:

lol November is going to be so loving funny

Imagine thinking "young people carried us to the white house multiple times, but they aren't showing up now. It's time to permanently jettison them from the party" and then expect to be taken seriously

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Business Gorillas posted:

Imagine thinking "young people carried us to the white house multiple times, but they aren't showing up now. It's time to permanently jettison them from the party" and then expect to be taken seriously

It's pretty clear that the party elite is determined become a permanent rump party and lock-in GOP vote suppression and control of the courts in order to undermine more leftist younger generations. That they can't shut up about how awful kids are is them telling on themselves.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Nothus posted:

It's pretty clear that the party elite is determined become a permanent rump party and lock-in GOP vote suppression and control of the courts in order to undermine more leftist younger generations. That they can't shut up about how awful kids are is them telling on themselves.

Keep in mind these "awful kids" are anyone under the age of 60

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

christmas boots posted:

Being an old testament prophet sounds pretty cool ngl. You get to walk up to priests of other gods and call them cucks and dare their gods to set things on fire, and afterwards you can march right on up to your king, tell him a long-winded story about a real piece of poo poo, get him to agree that the guy in the story is a loser and should be put to death, then dramatically reveal that he's the loser, and he can't do poo poo about it because god will give him leprosy if he touches you.

Occasionally you get to sic a bear on some teenagers

You do occasionally have to live in the desert for years at a time because the queen is pissed at you though. Still, on the whole, seems all right as long as you don't decide to disobey orders and end up on vacation inside a fish.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

lmao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

this will be an excellent photo on election night as it is good right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

docbeard posted:

You do occasionally have to live in the desert for years at a time because the queen is pissed at you though. Still, on the whole, seems all right as long as you don't decide to disobey orders and end up on vacation inside a fish.

women amirite?