Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'll definitely take a look. Meshmixer has a tool that let me kind of smush the interior into a larger shape. I may still want to shave off the eyes and print them on their own in the red plastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Guys.

GUYS.

There’s a new Jurassic Park movie on the horizon, and you know what that means?

New JP dinosaur toys gently caress yesss :woop:

It’s seriously been the highlight of the Jurassic Park media experience for me since the first movie came out when I was 9 and I got (and still have!) literally all of the Kenner toys for the first movie.

The second movie’s toys were equally rad, and they all released around my birthday so I saved up my allowance and my birthday money and my parents took me to Walmart and I had a loving shopping spree and it was incredible.

The third movie’s stuff wasn’t as good because it was after Hasbro acquired Kenner so they were at a different scale and there were less of them and they didn’t do as cool stuff. It was pretty evident that Hasbro didn’t care much.

But if you thought they didn’t give a poo poo then, the stuff they did 14 years later for Jurassic World was shameful, most of their stuff sucked with a handful of exceptions. Raptors missing toe claws, visible screw holes all over the place ruining dinosaur sculpts, lackluster paint jobs, basically no humans or vehicles for the dinosaurs to eat or destroy, it sucked.

And then Mattel got the license for Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom, and they very much gave a poo poo. They saturated shelves with a cornucopia of loving excellent dinosaurs with all kinds of amazing electronic gimmicks and biting and slashing action features and fantastic sculpts and paint work, spring-loaded DINO DAMAGE gimmicks, 9 year old me would have lost his loving mind if these had come out when I was a kid. Mattel even did homage paint jobs to the old Kenner stuff and even some obscure video game dinos and paint jobs, they dug deep into paleontology with figures of super obscure (but still real!) dinosaurs that I can’t even fuckin’ pronounce. They even did the unthinkable and made gigantic to-scale figures of the Brachiosaurus and Apatosaurus, they’re loving huge. Their humans and vehicles are a little sparse but what they have done is awesome. To-scale JP jeeps of varying designs (the opening ride jeep when the characters first see the Brachiosaurs, Nedry’s closed canopy jeep, and the jeep from the T-Rex chase) a to-scale Ford Explorer tour vehicle, they just released an InGen off road car from ‘The Lost World’ with a side seat that slides out like in the movie, and for the first time ever they just released a figure of Lex Murphy from the first movie.

And now there’s new stuff for the new movie. :aaa:

They technically all came out today, and I ordered pretty much all of it from Target and it’s all arriving at my house on Wednesday and I’m incredibly stoked.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
There needs to be a Dennis Nedry figure that actually looks like Wayne Knight.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

and for the first time ever they just released a figure of Lex Murphy from the first movie.

Oh, what? I agree with you on the overall radness of that toy line, but I am not actively collecting it. The only thing I picked up was the T-Rex / Explorer box set, and I was disappointed that it had Tim but not Lex. I would buy that to complete the "scene."

I just googled it and see that of course she comes in a pack with a raptor to recreate the kitchen scene, and then there's also another Tim. I respect that they are in fact giving us a complete "scene" in this set, but this makes three Tims in my collection (counting the old Kenner one) to only one Lex, so really, the injustice continues.

No wonder that girl quit acting. No respect.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

CPL593H posted:

There needs to be a Dennis Nedry figure that actually looks like Wayne Knight.
The one they did that comes with his jeep isn't bad given the scale. They did two of him, one in the Hawaiian shirt from when he meets Dodgson and gets the barbasol can, and one that came with his jeep from when he gets murdered by the dilophosaurus. It even came with the stick he threw to distract it!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

It looks like they didn't really try to get his face too look like the actor they just went "Yeah that's a fat guy!" and called it a day. The rest of the Mattel JP figures in that scale have pretty good likenesses. The Jeep and figure set looks pretty cool though even if the face isn't great.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Speaking of that jeep, you’ll notice it’s got a red stripe on the side, like it had in the movie. The final release of the toy is missing that red stripe, and you’d better believe the Jurassic collecting community was UP IN ARMS over that detail.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Wait, so there’s 3 JP toy lines/collections now?

Legacy Collection = 3 3/4inch scale
Amber Collection = 6” black series style.
Hammond Collection = ???

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

And they’re all pegwarming

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The_Doctor posted:

Wait, so there’s 3 JP toy lines/collections now?

Legacy Collection = 3 3/4inch scale
Amber Collection = 6” black series style.
Hammond Collection = ???

They killed off the Amber Collection and replaced it with the Hammod Collection. The advantage of the Hammond Collection being it's 3.5 scale so they can make the larger Dinosaurs reasonably.

However, all the rumours are pointing to Hasbro getting the license back next year so even then it's probably not worth investing.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Crabmask!

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1516088388138553344?s=21&t=W0hyCNEKigghxo6yG226zA

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

CelticPredator posted:

And they’re all pegwarming

No thanks to you :colbert:

PriorMarcus posted:

However, all the rumours are pointing to Hasbro getting the license back next year so even then it's probably not worth investing.

Christ I hope not. Mattel does have a whole bunch more dinos and stuff confirmed in the pipeline so I kind of wonder how accurate those rumors are.

Edit— checked with CollectJurassic.com and the Jurassic collecting discord server, they both said there’s no truth to that rumor and that Mattel has the license for the foreseeable future.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 18, 2022

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Does it come with a refrigerator?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The texturing and that neck joint are unique

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
oh my gooooooooood

https://twitter.com/hasbropulse/status/1516155809100705807?s=21&t=CBh6Q42cUWvAQBdDnFNK7g

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

A Primož Roglič figure would be a day one buy for me

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

CPL593H posted:

Does it come with a refrigerator?

That’s the BAF for the wave

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wonder what the build a figure will be.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Every BAF is Ichiro the True Hit King in a different casual outfit.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Wonder what the build a figure will be.

Tommy Lasorda. Over 4 waves. 1/2 scale.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Jose Conseco and his mullet.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

BBTS finally has Demona up for preorder. 42 bucks.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/203476

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

The best Green Lantern.

Pity it's in one of his later suits, there's a reason why his suit kept changing after the original before finally going back to it.

Not that I know what he is up to these days, every time I see a GL on any cover it's any GL but Kyle.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Facial sculpt almost looks like Ezra Miller smirking.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

More likely to stuff the woman into the fridge themself there I think.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
As I work on this Spydor idea I kind of want to go beyond just a sticker for the controls. The Classics vehicles all have nice sculpted controls and ideally I would like to find something similar to use. I've looked for something printable but nothing has come up in my searches so far.

Any ideas?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

How elaborate are they? Tinkercad is quite easy to work with using basic shapes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'll take some pictures tomorrow, just looking for something that would look better than just upscaling the sticker sheet.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I bought a toy of Eva Unit-01 tonight. I needed to ask for it at the store and it was fun to have the old Japanese women working look at the picture I took of it in the case (the store has two floors but keeps most stock of stuff in the display in the back) and immediately know it was an Evangelion robot.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Shiroc posted:

I bought a toy of Eva Unit-01 tonight. I needed to ask for it at the store and it was fun to have the old Japanese women working look at the picture I took of it in the case (the store has two floors but keeps most stock of stuff in the display in the back) and immediately know it was an Evangelion robot.

Pssh, she didn't know because they're not robots.
:goonsay:

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I'll take some pictures tomorrow, just looking for something that would look better than just upscaling the sticker sheet.

Maybe something like a photoetch set for models? Something like this for a semi truck https://www.spotmodel.com/product_info.php?products_id=54171#image2

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

does anybody have 500 bucks I can have for a bit?

https://twitter.com/godzilla_jp/status/1516325738605158404?s=20&t=WvIWavT1n_JsNUkMbNUjjw

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MarxCarl posted:

Maybe something like a photoetch set for models? Something like this for a semi truck https://www.spotmodel.com/product_info.php?products_id=54171#image2

Oh! A good option! Thanks!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Holy poo poo. :lol:

That's an amazing scene to make a statue out of.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

New ML for Rhyno coming in hot

https://twitter.com/hasbropulse/status/1516435713209909254?s=21&t=BXVGikNfzDj0SNlKlFEAmA

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Marvel Legends needs to make a figure based on Paul Giamatti as the Rhino. Also they need to go back in time and make him the only villain in that movie.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Marvel Legends needs to finish the New Mutants cast. I, and I assume ten other people at most, want a Doug Ramsey figure!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

CPL593H posted:

Marvel Legends needs to make a figure based on Paul Giamatti as the Rhino.

And no Rhino suit. Just a figure of this, with this exact facial expression.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

A Marvel Legends wave of just the actors in their mocap suits, with this as the Build-a-Figure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radlum
May 13, 2013

Cloks posted:

Marvel Legends needs to finish the New Mutants cast. I, and I assume ten other people at most, want a Doug Ramsey figure!

Doug is quite a badass now; I would love to get his current Krakoa version. Still, a male New Mutant body with the heads of Doug, Sam and Roberto is the thing I need to complete my New Mutants display.