Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
What’s the difference between a teaser trailer and a real trailer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

hatty posted:

Generally speaking a teaser will be just that, a tease. Whereas a regular trailer will probably give you more information about characters/setting and plot beats.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Infinitum posted:

I watch a guy playing through different armies and it looked super interesting if you are into W40k, but incredibly difficult to parse if you are not (I am not)

Presentation of the game was great.

Total War Warhammer 3 is Warhammer Fantasy not Warhammer 40k

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why are they called trailers, if they play before the actual movie you paid to see?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Oh I’ve played loads of total warhammers 1 & 2 so I would know what I’m doing. Also it’s not 40k. Noob.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Thank you Infinitum I love 40k but absolutely hate WH Fantasy I will buy post-haste

How dare you correct my mistakes :argh:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Why are they called trailers, if they play before the actual movie you paid to see?

They used to be showed after but people would leave right after the movie they paid to see so they got moved to the start instead.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

hatty posted:

Teasers are usually about a minute shorter but otherwise it's the same thing. They used to actually just be teasers but now they're just the first trailers.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There are “people” out there who like watching trailers... extremely yikes 😬😬🤓

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the artistry of trailers can be kind of fun sometimes

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Jay Rust posted:

Here's my 1 hours 12 minutes breakdown of EVERYTHING YOU MISSED IN THE NEW TWO MINUTE FUNNYPAGES TRAILER!! SHOCKED FACE

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

This is a video game forum

Books are just the ancient mysterious high tech civilization that became lost but has since returned to live alongside its numerous progeny.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Trailers are fun :)

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

SINS OF MY FATHER??

I love how much you love this phrase

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I finished Sekiro and it wasn't very good. Most deaths was the illusory monk boss, followed by owl father. Nothing else took me more than 10 attempts with most taking sub 5 or even just one (laffo non-illusory monk you are a joke despite happening later than your illusion variant).

Better than Dark Souls 3, though.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Wow, can't believe Barudak got permabanned, RIP

(just getting out ahead of it)

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Barudak posted:

Nothing else took me more than 10 attempts with most taking sub 5 or even just one

You're a liar and a scallywag.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lol. Sekiro rules

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Do a charmless run. really changes the game

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Love how even sekiro has the moonlight greatsword

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Jay Rust posted:

Lol. Sekiro rules

Can't believe Barudak didn't like something

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

hatty posted:

Do a charmless run. really changes the game

i think barudak is already without charm

which is a joke, I like their posts :(

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sekiro seems ok but it's not really the kind of game I like

Have the Dark Soulses gotten online back yet btw, I miss it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Can't believe Barudak didn't like something

again, it's an endorsement

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I think its just Sekiro feels unfinished. Like its 1/2 to 2/3rds of the game that should have existed; bosses are reused liberally for a souls game with such a low count, the ashina castle zone gets reused twice and ashina outskirts and hirata estate gets reused as well which would be fine but thats nearly half the zones in the game, skill progression is kind of half-baked and damage not balanced, shinobi techniques seem like an after thought, and the dragon rot system feels like they couldn't get it to work so crippled it into the weird vestigial state it is in the shipped game.

The prosthetics feeling kind of useless is more on me, and amusingly removing my ability to do techniques was the support I needed to finish off the final boss because it prevented me from accidentally doing one.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Barudak's not getting perma'd until they diss Elden Ring

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Eh I don't really agree with the reused bosses thing. The only ones that are basically the same are the Monk and the Ape (and the second iteration of the ape is optional). You fight Genichiro twice but the second time is more of a fakeout thing and the fight feels very different. And the optional second Owl fight is again very different to the main one. Mini bosses are reused more liberally, same as in Elden Ring I guess - but there are bloody loads of them and like 15+ completely different types.

e: So from the Wiki I count:

Generals
Ogres
Shinobi Hunters
Drunkards/that other dude that's similar
Bulls
Seven Spears
Lone Shadows
Ashina Elites
Headless
Great serpent (arguable, more of a setpiece)
Centipedes
Snake eyes
O'rin
Shichimen
Armored warrior
Carp (arguable, more of a setpiece)

stev fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Apr 18, 2022

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I think "miniboss" implies more than one deathblow, so there aren't anywhere near 15 of them. You've got the seven spears (of which I don't think there are actually seven), the headless guys, the kick ninjas, the ogres, the huge drunken guys, the gun ladies, and the centipedes. Everyone else is just a tough enemy.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I hate it when I watch a TV show and they keep reusing the same characters over and over again. I must have seen this Riker guy in at least 25 different scenes. Talk about lazy

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I can't believe they're making me do the same fun fight twice, ten hours apart...

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I like reused bosses and enemies, it’s like revisiting an old friend

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Good lord.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

I wonder how total war Warhammer 3 turned out. That’s on my list of games to play post-eldenring

If you're a long time Total War Warhammer fan, then it's pretty disappointing. Poorly balanced campaign, and a lot of bugs/glitches. Everyone is waiting for Immortal Empire, which will take all races from Warhammer 1 & 2 and put them into the game, along with a mega huge map that is all locations from those two games as well and place them into the campaign map for Warhammer 3.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

I really like watching movie trailers. I know I am peak cringe, but I am also free.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Remembering when reusing bosses was something the b-team did

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Barudak posted:

I think its just Sekiro feels unfinished. Like its 1/2 to 2/3rds of the game that should have existed; bosses are reused liberally for a souls game with such a low count, the ashina castle zone gets reused twice and ashina outskirts and hirata estate gets reused as well which would be fine but thats nearly half the zones in the game, skill progression is kind of half-baked and damage not balanced, shinobi techniques seem like an after thought, and the dragon rot system feels like they couldn't get it to work so crippled it into the weird vestigial state it is in the shipped game.

The prosthetics feeling kind of useless is more on me, and amusingly removing my ability to do techniques was the support I needed to finish off the final boss because it prevented me from accidentally doing one.

i'm deeply curious about your brain

how did you try and engage with the prosthetics and techniques before deciding they were an afterthought? what seemed disappointing about them? what did you think they were trying to do with dragon rot that they didn't get working?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Jay Rust posted:

There was a movie that came out a few years back, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, where the trailer told the same story as the movie but better. The trailer is worth watching, the movie isn't great

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

I can't believe they're making me do the same fun fight twice, ten hours apart...

yea i don't have a problem with a game telling me to do something multiple times if, it's fun

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Infinitum posted:

The Emperor had many Clone Sons.

One Clone Son goes "hmm maybe evil is actually good"

Clone Son stabbed Emperor

You're all caught up.

You left out the fact that Erebus is a huge dick.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

some of elden ring's boss reuse is lame when it's taking an enemy with a custom arena elsewhere and putting it in the standard mine/tomb/ruin arenas that are tiny and often suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaiter
Dec 16, 2007

Everything is AWESOME!

Zil posted:

You left out the fact that Erebus is a huge dick.

*bursts in, breathless*

i heard someone talking about 40k lore and no one linked this series.

drat you GW for killing everything people like about your products :argh: