Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Theris posted:

Do people mad about the FC/personal split not know that the patch notes literally say that they're going to reevaluate the allocation on a per-server basis each patch? They are not going to let a bunch of wards just sit empty, but you're going to need some patience because they might not open them until 6.2. They will open them, though.
My experience with patch notes in general is that a startlingly small percentage of the player base actually reads them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Motherfucker I got game to play, not notes to read

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

orcane posted:

Plenty of the FC only smalls had zero bids but all the larges/mediums on Excal had between 5 and 80 (EULA :laffo:) bids, wait with the doom and gloom until FCs actually had the opportunity to also bid on smalls, without bugs locking them out.

two of the mediums in the ward 3 regular division had zero actual bids and one of them only had one

boloney
May 29, 2021
I've been having a lot of success in PvP as Ninja. You can be a big playmaker with your LB and Three Mudra gives you a huge toolbox of stuff to deal with basically any situation. And Shukuchi makes you very hard to kill

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
They figured out the lottery issue.

quote:

Due to the issues affecting the housing lottery system, the lottery results for each plot currently fall into either of the following categories:
  1. The lottery was conducted successfully, the correct results were displayed, and plots could be purchased
  2. The lottery was conducted successfully, but the winning number was not communicated to the housing server

Winners with Access to Purchase the Plot

For plots that correspond to the first category, this means that there were no problems with the lottery itself or with the results displayed. Winners are free to finalize their purchases, so please continue enjoying the features of the housing system. Subsequent fixes and data restoration will not force you to enter a new lottery.

We encourage players who have not finalized their plot purchase to do so as soon as possible. While unfinalized claims won't prevent our efforts to restore the lottery data, the fewer plots that are in doubt, the quicker we will be able to proceed with the restoration. We will also be making this request in an upcoming news item.

Winning Lottery Number of 0

In the case of plots in the second category, the winning lottery number displayed as “0,” meaning no one who registered for the lottery was able to purchase the plot. The only recourse for participants was to receive their gil refund, and further examination of the placard at the plot’s entrance showed the message “There were no participants in this lottery.”

After investigating this issue, we discovered that, while the server responsible for conducting the lottery is functioning as intended, the results are not being properly relayed to the servers responsible for managing housing-related data.

Once this issue has been resolved, and lottery results can be relayed to the housing data servers without issue, it will be possible to confirm the lottery winners. Furthermore, players who registered for the lottery at the affected plots will not be required to register a second time. We ask for your patience as we work to recover data containing the results for these plots.

The means by which gil may be collected from those who have already received a gil refund prior to learning that they have won the lottery is under consideration. Details of this process will be announced at a later date.

Onean fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 18, 2022

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Ah I guess I missed that (I mostly checked the larges). Still, that's hundreds of bids for the larges alone, of which many should filter down to the available smalls (and those FC lots opening up in the old housing zones).

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Wait, did I read that right that some people got free houses?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

hazardousmouse posted:

No, you did not. Everybody that got a house had to pay for it. Everybody that didn't get a house but should have can accept their Gil return now, and when the devs figure out the best way to implement the fix they'll also figure out how to get those people their plots and how to charge them for it.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

hazardousmouse posted:

No you didn’t. The people that lost to the 0 bug should still be able to win their house, but gil will be collected from them.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
What a clusterfuck

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Martman posted:

Please be careful to read all ability descriptions. Purify does grant immunity, but only when activating it actually purged a debuff in the first place. You can't just use it premptively.

One more reason being a Bard annoys people in PvP. Some day I might even remember to cast it on teammates.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
The thing i find frustrating is trying to break out of CC. I get CCed and i mash purify and guard. Purify doesn't go off, is it because of latency? GCD? The CC on me isn't breakable? Who knows!. Then i also need to guard but i just have to guess when to press it because if you do the usual thing of mashing it to buffer the input you end up just turning it off again. The whole thing is very frustrating and i hope they either add an ICD before you can deactivate it or somebody makes a UI mod to put it on two separate buttons or something.

Theris posted:

Do people mad about the FC/personal split not know that the patch notes literally say that they're going to reevaluate the allocation on a per-server basis each patch? They are not going to let a bunch of wards just sit empty, but you're going to need some patience because they might not open them until 6.2. They will open them, though.

Do other servers not have RMTers? On my server all those FC plots will be bought by resellers long before 6.2. There will be nothing to reallocate.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
My small (2 person) FC on Excalibur would have loved a small house in Ishgard but both of the plots we bid on encountered the no winner bug. Very sad.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Seems like rather than figuring out a special way to charge people for houses after this bug they should just let people keep the gil by way of apology and spare themselves the effort

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Winning the housing lottery and having to wait to get your house is actually punishment, please accept this donation of 50 million gil. :thunk:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Chillgamesh posted:

Seems like rather than figuring out a special way to charge people for houses after this bug they should just let people keep the gil by way of apology and spare themselves the effort
Given still getting to win the plot seems like reward enough, no I don't think a bunch of players should get a free house while everyone else who lost gets to soak in not only not getting the plot, but not getting a free plot.

Also as a non-participant I'd be a bit miffed to learn that there was nothing on the line and I hosed up by not even participating.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Martian Manfucker posted:

My small (2 person) FC on Excalibur would have loved a small house in Ishgard but both of the plots we bid on encountered the no winner bug. Very sad.

sounds like you're going to get one of them then assuming you were the only bid

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Has it been said if the next lottery is on schedule or postponed still?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Chillgamesh posted:

i feel like not being able to buy the house you won for like two weeks is not that big a deal, in the grand scheme of things. it's not like someone else got the house instead

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

CJ posted:

add an ICD before you can deactivate it

It has one.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Yeah I guess it's worth the effort to set up a special one-time thing to charge them to appease the people that didn't win, even if personally I wouldn't care. To be clear, I wasn't trying to say people deserved to keep the gil, just that it wasn't really worth the effort to implement a method of collecting it when they have the easy out of "oops lol"

e: Though they are probably already having to implement a special one-time thing just to get people access to their houses in the first place, it actually probably won't take much more work to charge them while doing it.

Chillgamesh fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 18, 2022

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

VHGS posted:

It has one.

How long is it? I've definitely had the situation where i mash it, stop pressing the button as soon as i see the skill go off then it just turns off.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Chillgamesh posted:

Yeah I guess it's worth the effort to set up a special one-time thing to charge them to appease the people that didn't win, even if personally I wouldn't care. To be clear, I wasn't trying to say people deserved to keep the gil, just that it wasn't really worth the effort to implement a method of collecting it when they have the easy out of "oops lol"

e: Though they are probably already having to implement a special one-time thing just to get people access to their houses in the first place, it actually probably won't take much more work to charge them while doing it.

I can appreciate the "easier to implement" aspect. It'd probably be fine if housing wasn't so limited and at worst people were just losing out on a preferred spot.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheWorldsaStage posted:

the lodestone post linked says it's still postponed until they fix it yes

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

TheWorldsaStage posted:

It's still postponed. They're still figuring out exactly how everything's going to work, and the fix alone is going to take at least one more business day, they said.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Here's the planned process they're working on right now:

quote:

The process of resolving the issue and restoring lottery data is proceeding as follows:

Reproducing the Issue and Further Investigation

The root cause of the issue has been determined, and we are currently running a test to reproduce said issue on the development servers. To complete this testing and verify that we have correctly identified the cause will require at least one more business day.

Fixing Identified Errors

The processes causing the issue will be adjusted so as to function as intended and correctly notify the housing server. We will then verify whether or not implementing these fixes resolves the overall issue.

Verifying Fixes

After we are certain of the root cause of the issue, we must test whether the implemented fix indeed resolves it. We expect this process to take approximately three to five business days, but ask in advance for your understanding in the event that it takes longer than expected to determine with certainty that the issue is resolved.

Restoring Lottery Data

The lottery data that exists on the server responsible for processing results will be used to overwrite the housing server so that the correct data is reflected. This will be done at the same time that fixes for the issue are implemented, and will require a maintenance period for all Worlds. Maintenance times will be shared as soon as we have determined them.

All told we're probably looking at at least another week until everything's smoothed over, assuming everything goes as planned and nothing new turns up to complicate the fix.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

WHM Polymorph being able to simply delete the Sage Limit break is extremely rude. :cry:

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Cicadalek posted:

- Some LBs need to be way clearer that they are happening. Specifically I am loving sick of dragoon ult landing on me out of nowhere. Yes, I know you can keep track of enemy LB bars, and yes I know they leave a piddly glowing circle when they jump into the air, but trying to keep track of both when you're in the middle of a messy fight is a big ask for most players. Make it play the Heavensward main theme that gets increasingly louder as they're about to land.

This would be mega cool, but the Dragoon gets to choose when to land so it wouldn't help for figuring out when to run away. A prominent sound effect when the jump starts could work (assuming the game doesn't already have one and I've simply failed to clock it).

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Dragoon already gets an indicator for its LB unlike everyone else. If you make it super obvious then it becomes useless. People already just guard it or run out of it if they aren't distracted by a big team fight.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I agree for how important it is, the dragoon LB should have a way more visually prominent marker than "some wispy air". I've gotten better at seeing it but it really doesn't stick out enough in the chaos compared to way more innocuous effects

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The tell for Dragoon is "there was a person there, he's gone now. OH CRAP."

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Pyro Jack posted:

Ended up doing the new Praetorium. Very different from the original and way shorter aswell. Like at least half (alongside two whole fights) of the cutscenes are removed, including the reunion with Maggie which surprised me because I thought they would keep that in.
That's bullshit! That was one of my favorite segments of the game, and what I looked forward to doing the most during previous Praetoriums.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I know this is explained in the guide for CC but I definitely needed to be reminded that you can see how much LB charge both teams' players have by looking at the party list where the threat meters would normally be displayed. You can use this to avoid getting your dick lopped off by Zantetsuken

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Bloody Emissary posted:

. A prominent sound effect when the jump starts could work

"It's (Sky) High noon..." *whistle*

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Chillgamesh posted:

I know this is explained in the guide for CC but I definitely needed to be reminded that you can see how much LB charge both teams' players have by looking at the party list where the threat meters would normally be displayed. You can use this to avoid getting your dick lopped off by Zantetsuken

Are you able to increase the opacity of the team list? It'd be much easier to reposition and use if there was just a list of names rather than a giant red box blocking the screen

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

How are Reapers in CC? I haven't read much good or bad about them and don't see them too often. I haven't gotten around to unlocking them or sage yet, I need to Marie Kondo my inventory and retainer stash before I go adding even more weapon collections.

Also they should add a PVP mode where everyone lines up 5x5 and has an active time battle gauge during which they can queue up one action.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

bagrada posted:

How are Reapers in CC? I haven't read much good or bad about them and don't see them too often. I haven't gotten around to unlocking them or sage yet, I need to Marie Kondo my inventory and retainer stash before I go adding even more weapon collections.

Also they should add a PVP mode where everyone lines up 5x5 and has an active time battle gauge during which they can queue up one action.

i think they're pretty fun and the aoe fear is decent, and it's up more often than other classes' LBs thanks to plentiful harvest

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

bagrada posted:

Reaper is bottom tier, worst burst damage of the melee dps and an lb that occasionally causes more problems than it solves.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

bagrada posted:

I've never tried it but based on nobody else playing them i'd say they suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Reaper is blah. Realtive to the other melee they give up a lot of burst for some tankiness and CC. What holds them back might be their LB, not a good sign when it doesn't compare favorably to dancer