Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

Hm, from what I've played around with this doesn't feel significantly different from Neural Blender or any of those other previous generators I've used.

My images still haven't shown up so you know better than me lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Playtime is over.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Tunicate posted:

Seems like there's one you can futz with for free (with limited uses) here: https://botbox.dev/generator

EDIT: but I'm still not thru the queue lol
I wanted to see if "an improbable place for a horse" would give me a weird, surrealist result and it did.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

https://archive.org/details/1111101000-robots/page/202/mode/2up
An ebook of robot art, all dalle-2. Some of these are mind-blowing. I can only imagine they scraped every last bit of deviant art or something.

Lampsacus has a new favorite as of 13:26 on Apr 16, 2022

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

How long til the first lawsuit by an artist or collection of artists who want compensation for their work being used in the dataset for one of these AIs?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'd imagine the first time we'll see a lawsuit is once a contemporary artist can have their individual style aped well enough that the creator can monetize it and it starts to hurt the artist's bottom line. I think we're pretty close to that, if that Andy Warhol example is anything to go by. That being said, I don't think the law's going to get involved in any significant way until it starts to hurt Disney's bottom line.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

bowser posted:

How long til the first lawsuit by an artist or collection of artists who want compensation for their work being used in the dataset for one of these AIs?

There have already been lawsuits about scraping copyrighted stuff for data processing. A bunch of people sued turnitin.com because theit business model involved grabbing tons and tons of copyrighted text without permission, and keeping full copies of them so they could use that database for profit.

Turnitin won that suit

There have been a few with google as well, since they grind up the internet to serve search results.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

at long last, the war is over

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

By user 917

EDIT:
"Nude George Washington" generated by @TylerRhoadesArt: :nws: https://i.imgur.com/kQNkm6r.png :nws:

Hempuli has a new favorite as of 01:54 on Apr 18, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Kinda want both the

DANGER
ANGER

and

DANGER
DANG CAT

signs

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

capital knockers Mr president

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/DSzymborski/status/1516091796689985539

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Dodgers capitalizing on that TMNT tie-in

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Kinda want that Kung pao burger though

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Beer-battered mayonaisse. :stonklol:

(I can wholeheartedly believe that if someone were to sell ramen noodle sliders, it'd be in Philly.)

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta
My wife is off to see the Washington Nationals in a couple of months, so I'll have to ask her how the laminated bacon is

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

girl dick energy posted:

Beer-battered mayonaisse. :stonklol:

(I can wholeheartedly believe that if someone were to sell ramen noodle sliders, it'd be in Philly.)

A quick google shows Sydney, NYC, and Milwaukee.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

Laminated bacon and enormous pickle tacos,
Salted caramel soda and ranch-brined tofu,
Burger with fries tied on with string,
These are a few of my favorite things

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

....laminated, like pastry? Or laminated, like an elementary school art project?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Just a bag of ranch dressing for me.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Kennel posted:

Just a bag of ranch dressing for me.

Do you want that to go, or...?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

StillFullyTerrible posted:

Laminated bacon and enormous pickle tacos,
Salted caramel soda and ranch-brined tofu,
Burger with fries tied on with string,

We didn't start the fire!
It was always burning, since the world's been turning

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

girl dick energy posted:

We didn't start the fire!
It was always burning, since the world's been turning

Parklife

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Brawnfire posted:

....laminated, like pastry? Or laminated, like an elementary school art project?

Which ones cheaper because I have to make a lot of this poo poo

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Fried mice and oxtail wraps could work, if they're like beaver tails, by which I mean a silly name for something actually edible

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Brawnfire posted:

Laminated Bacon Biscuits

would

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

ummmm holy poo poo

https://exitwound.tumblr.com/post/681999905508704256/exitwound-exitwound-exitwound-not-all-cities

quote:

Not all cities are graveyards, and I find I often have the desire, even the need, to pay good money to watch the process of my own disintegration. At the moment, I’m tired of New York. I have a fever. I need to put my fist through the wall of language and get to the very core of the godless, gorgeous ancient city to know where its miracles live, and decay.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
For those running Windows 10 , the latest patch 21H2 (run winver from PowerShell or cmd prompt) now sees your discrete GPU through WSL.

Upgrade your version of WSL and make sure your OS is using version 2 kernel from WSL.

Running it on Ubuntu 20.02 with Anaconda since Anaconda for Windows sucks rear end.

While inside the conda environment, use the conda replacement mamba (link). It solves environment installs by 50%-80% time reduction which you will see if you use normal conda with anything touching anything related to machine learning.

Seriously, the inability to use future versions of the same module or even different versions of the same module (after some abstraction and detailed changes to imports in scripts) just sucks ..

that was a lot of complaining. Last night I was trying to install disco diffusion v5 and it wasn't both pandas =1.16 and pandas >= 1.18 at the same time. This was from the same Collab notebook.

EVIL Gibson has a new favorite as of 02:10 on Apr 20, 2022

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
For those running Windows 10 , the latest patch 21H2 (run winver from PowerShell or cmd prompt) now sees your Windows version as “Creators Preview” because Microsoft wants to hide the fact that they are forcing us all to “adopt” this “new” “modern” design.”

In the meantime, I am just not using the new “modern” layout on my Windows 10. It seems that each time I change a setting, I get a popup telling me it is “breaking the system”!!! If that is Microsoft’s idea of progress, then God help Microsoft for ever wanting that piece of crap called Windows 10.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Farecoal posted:

For those running Windows 10 , the latest patch 21H2 (run winver from PowerShell or cmd prompt) now sees your Windows version as “Creators Preview” because Microsoft wants to hide the fact that they are forcing us all to “adopt” this “new” “modern” design.”

In the meantime, I am just not using the new “modern” layout on my Windows 10. It seems that each time I change a setting, I get a popup telling me it is “breaking the system”!!! If that is Microsoft’s idea of progress, then God help Microsoft for ever wanting that piece of crap called Windows 10.

I upgraded and I did not see the windows 11-like changes?? is that what you mean?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/_LucasRizzotto/status/1516205625662836739

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That thread perfectly encapsulates why GPT3 works. It shows that using GPT3 to create your own narratives is really, really effective—as long as you're willing to fill in the gaps and connective tissue using your imagination. You need to meet the system halfway and use your brain's pattern-seeking abilities to trick yourself into subconsciously building stories out of the static. Pareidolia writ large.

feedmyleg has a new favorite as of 19:41 on Apr 20, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Okay, the tweet embed vastly undersells this, in case anyone is on the fence about clicking through

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Forgot to say that I really loved the first continuation. It's a travel writer who loving loves Rome

Monglo
Mar 19, 2015
No way that microwave tweet is true.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Monglo posted:

No way that microwave tweet is true.

Yeah, GTP-3 is good but its not that good.

Monglo
Mar 19, 2015
For me, it's about the narrative - it's written like a short story with focus on the author's funny pictures next to a microwave with wires sticking out of it. Who responds to every sceptic with "trust me bro, it's all real - check out my socials for further details, also here's my Patreon".
Doesn't disprove it but makes it sus

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I think it's true, but there's parts that are left out of the telling because they weren't entertaining or comprehensible. Curated, in other words

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

if it were real there'd be a whole github repo explaining the neural net to microwave API interface

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Reminds me of that "I got an AI to write a King of the Hill script" meme. There were endless ant-fights in the comments as to whether they were true or not. I mean, they were blatantly fabricated and people thought they were real but also who gives a poo poo. I emphasise with all POVs on this dead end of an old internet discussion.

Anyway, how cool is dalle-2 😄