Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
one unionized store is getting people W’s already

https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1516095461580439553

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That';s the good poo poo.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Keep in mind that large corporations are only raising wages because they are forced to, and in the absence of a union contract, they can and will roll back these wage increases at the first opportunity. The only way to secure these gains for the long term is to have them written into a contract.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
the white woman in that pic is the one that told me that it was her Lived Experience that unions aren't a good fit for verizon lmao

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Konstantin posted:

Keep in mind that large corporations are only raising wages because they are forced to, and in the absence of a union contract, they can and will roll back these wage increases at the first opportunity. The only way to secure these gains for the long term is to have them written into a contract.
:hai:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Konstantin posted:

☝️

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
https://twitter.com/jamieson/status/1516500921513095183

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
5-0

https://twitter.com/SBWorkersUnited/status/1516524273539719173

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Fantastic stuff

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

kingcobweb posted:

the white woman in that pic is the one that told me that it was her Lived Experience that unions aren't a good fit for verizon lmao
is she now in favor of unions

had that turnaround many times with people when they realize their paychecks are larger and a 'union boss' didnt set up a card table in the corner to tell them how to work

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

is she now in favor of unions

had that turnaround many times with people when they realize their paychecks are larger and a 'union boss' didnt set up a card table in the corner to tell them how to work

no, she’s the president of retail sales or whatever

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

ah, a speed bump

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Let's gooooooooo

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

good

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
this is the best picketing I’ve seen in ages

https://twitter.com/janusrose/status/1516776595025018885

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
n... no!! you have to stop!! no one can post that many W's!!!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1517246401050251265

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The next Amazon warehouse vote starts Monday too. Pulling for them.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

kingcobweb posted:

n... no!! you have to stop!! no one can post that many W's!!!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1517246401050251265

I hope they're sending organizers all over. Unionize every starbucks

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

In Training posted:

The next Amazon warehouse vote starts Monday too. Pulling for them.

Let's gooooooo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ink is drying on our first contract. 15-25% raises across the entire staff, new guaranteed schedules and hours that we got to set, proper OT payouts+wage protection, plus more raises for the next 2 years. And more general protections like Just Cause and mediation, etc. Let's loving go.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
gently caress yeah

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

In Training posted:

Ink is drying on our first contract. 15-25% raises across the entire staff, new guaranteed schedules and hours that we got to set, proper OT payouts+wage protection, plus more raises for the next 2 years. And more general protections like Just Cause and mediation, etc. Let's loving go.

:krad:

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

In Training posted:

:bisonyes:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

In Training posted:

:bubblewoop:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

In Training posted:

:iia:

Everyone looks at wages, and those kind of raises kick rear end, but one of the best parts of a contract is the QoL guarantees. IE: No fuckhead, you can’t change my schedule once the schedule has been posted. IE: You can’t call me in on my day off for less than time and a half, and if you do call me in, you cant just send me home whenever you want. gently caress you, I’m here on my day off, pay me.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

MrYenko posted:

:iia:

Everyone looks at wages, and those kind of raises kick rear end, but one of the best parts of a contract is the QoL guarantees. IE: No fuckhead, you can’t change my schedule once the schedule has been posted. IE: You can’t call me in on my day off for less than time and a half, and if you do call me in, you cant just send me home whenever you want. gently caress you, I’m here on my day off, pay me.

My employer (NYC) is asking for input from city workers about how to improve city governance. The top 8 are all telework, #9 is a raise.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Something Else posted:

gently caress yeah

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Tulip posted:

My employer (NYC) is asking for input from city workers about how to improve city governance. The top 8 are all telework, #9 is a raise.

Ya, my job is decidedly not teleworkable, but I’d be right there in 1-8 if it were. All our support staff went to telework, and poo poo actually gets done FASTER now.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Our boss is cool with wfh, but it's not at all a formal right so it's definitely something we should work on getting recognized in case we get a lovely boss sometime down the line.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
this is me. i'm the guy in the OP. verizon literally fired me for unionizing lol. tagging this photo "me" but irl not as a goof it's actually me

https://twitter.com/VzwUnion/status/1517638163333738496

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

what the gently caress

I mean clearly illegal but lol America but also give them hell idk what to say except I have :10bux: if you want it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

kingcobweb posted:

this is me. i'm the guy in the OP. verizon literally fired me for unionizing lol. tagging this photo "me" but irl not as a goof it's actually me

What the gently caress

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

congratulations, now you get to attend an NLRB hearing

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

you op absolutely know all this but i will write here what helped me anyway:

- ask softball questions, like "why am i being fired?" - we dont need you "so i can leave?" - no you should work the day out || if you just ask, they will self-incriminate
- immediately write down what happened as soon as you can (bathroom or whatever), preferably quote for quote. put a date on it.
- call your union, they will have your back

Carthag Tuek has issued a correction as of 00:48 on Apr 23, 2022

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

kingcobweb posted:

good luck, hope you nail their asses to the wall

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Stringent posted:

good luck, hope you nail their asses to the wall

this

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

that sucks dude but I have hope that your efforts will pay off and you destroy them in the end

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
i gave a speech at a seattle rally for starbucks workers, ahhh exhilarating!! should have a clip to post in a day or two

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

kingcobweb posted:

i gave a speech at a seattle rally for starbucks workers, ahhh exhilarating!! should have a clip to post in a day or two

Hell ya. Stay strong :respek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just found out about Unionion the union onion :allears: