Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I booted up AC this morning, got to the title screen, saw that it was Bunny Day and immediately closed it. gently caress that, I am not playing today.

My reaction was similar as soon as I started seeing eggs on the trees.

"welp. no point in trying to get anything done until this stupid egg crap is over with"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
"When you just want to collect resources in Animal Crossing but it's Bunny Day":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRdNc7QmDzA

(For real though that was absolutely the worst part of playing AC during the 2020 quarantine)

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

HaB posted:

"welp. no point in trying to get anything done until this stupid egg crap is over with"

Are you the monk in your avatar avoiding the Easter Bunny?

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

HaB posted:

Yeah the moment I dug up an egg instead of a fossil I just shut it off and played FFXIV for a week.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

I got animal Crossing in May of 2020 so I missed it then, then I didn't play much last spring..... This was my first bunny day and now I understand the anguish. How painful it must've been when didn't have a house inventory full of resources and actually wanted stone and stuff.

Edit: also the "craft all this ugly furniture for the manic depressive circus bunny" is a boring holiday.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I really wish they would have added recipes for all the Bunny Day eggs. Let me make omlettes and stuff! Eggs and sugar could make meringues!

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

I think for all the time I've spent playing this game, I've only ever used like, one piece of egg furniture.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Tiny Myers posted:

I think for all the time I've spent playing this game, I've only ever used like, one piece of egg furniture.

I started playing the game shortly before Bunny Day started in 2020, so I ended up making a ton of the string lights. I love string lights in real life and didn’t have access to the star string lights yet. Other than that, I only ever bring out the Bunny Day furniture for seasonal decorating. I redid my whole house for Easter.

Now that Easter is over, it’s getting redone in a garden theme for Mother’s Day.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.
The bunny day balloons are nice too. I also enjoy the rainbow egg rug and wish we had more like it.

Also I am calling this photo “The Horror of Bunny Day"

Next year I'll have to get more egg types in their native setting in the photo.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

effika posted:

The bunny day balloons are nice too. I also enjoy the rainbow egg rug and wish we had more like it.

Also I am calling this photo “The Horror of Bunny Day"

Next year I'll have to get more egg types in their native setting in the photo.

how can it be the true horror of Bunny Day without the soulless husk himself jumping up and down in the background

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Do you need DIYs? Art work? Come to my island now. Pluck all the flowers and do whatever you want:

DC: Closed

Desperate Character fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Apr 19, 2022

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Tiny Myers posted:

I used them all originally to help boost my HHA rating in a room as I didn't have a plan for. I switched them out later as I gathered other holiday sets that didn't traumatize me as much.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Black Robe posted:

how can it be the true horror of Bunny Day without the soulless husk himself jumping up and down in the background

Only registered members can see post attachments!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Izzland is open the doors for the first time. Turnips are at 580 right now! I’ve also loaded The brakes with DIYs and some items, take whatever isn’t nailed down. Buy whatever you want at the shops, and shake the trees for fruit if you need them. Please don’t touch the flowers.

I’m looking for the following if you have them:
Gold
Hydrangea starts

And Photos we’re looking for:
Fusha
Bertha
Astrid
Goldie
Huck
Jeremia
Sterling
Octavian
Ankha
Stiches
Ozzie
Bella

Code is in the Dodo thread.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

IUG posted:

Izzland is open the doors for the first time. Turnips are at 580 right now! I’ve also loaded The brakes with DIYs and some items, take whatever isn’t nailed down. Buy whatever you want at the shops, and shake the trees for fruit if you need them. Please don’t touch the flowers.

I’m looking for the following if you have them:
Gold
Hydrangea starts

And Photos we’re looking for:
Fusha
Bertha
Astrid
Goldie
Huck
Jeremia
Sterling
Octavian
Ankha
Stiches
Ozzie
Bella

Code is in the Dodo thread.

Thanks! I restarted recently so really appreciated the DIYs.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I finally decided to finish Happy Home Paradise, and was astonished by the amount of house editing features it added to the main game. Designing the Facilities was the best part—I wish you could bring them back to your island to share with visitors. With the additions to Harv's Island, the storyline in HHP, and other 2.0 updates, they added a lot of character to this game

Looking forward to trying the Room Sketch App

edit: The credits were awesome?!

Spellman fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Apr 20, 2022

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
Finally! Got my last painting from Redd, and the museum is complete.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

https://twitter.com/10ucan_game/status/1518538716138328064?s=20&t=aGWmG1OuDWff8n3KQXqQnA

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I know I'm late to the Bunny Day discussion but this is how the entrance to my island looks everyday so it's not really late.

In conclusion

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Hi thread. Alright so, I need guidance. I'm sort of thinking about getting the Happy Home Paradise DLC.

The thing is I'm kind of indifferent on designing? I like doing tasks, and sometimes whims will give me a brief creative spark. I'm sorta lazy with regards to designing my house and my town (despite the 5-stars). However, I'm trying to stay on this game daily/regularly a few times a week and it's tough, especially with the frustration of having that one villager refuse to give me her photo (FRANCINE! :argh:).

I feel like having tasks to to daily, and from what I hear, have more items and functions to make designing easier as well as other things to take to my base island/game, I'm pretty close to throwing down. :ohdear:

What do you say, thread. Do I need to be inspired and motivated to make amazing displays? I'll still put some effort in, I think, but I'm not very design/aesthetic minded. So I'm conflicted about getting it.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Morter posted:

What do you say, thread. Do I need to be inspired and motivated to make amazing displays? I'll still put some effort in, I think, but I'm not very design/aesthetic minded. So I'm conflicted about getting it.

I'm not great at designing and never bothered doing much with my in game house but I enjoyed HHP more than I thought I would. The villagers will give you themes and a selection of items to use so even if you're not feeling creative you can just make something simple out of the suggested items.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I like Happy Home Paradise. It just kept giving. If you like certain animals, but don't have a spot in your town, Happy Home sort of gives you a super town where they're all interacting, and hanging out at the facilities you've built for them

The facilities themselves can become daily stops for getting items— I check the Kitchen daily to get new recipes
https://imgur.com/a/jpyf9pA

I slept on this DLC, even having it for free with the NSO+ subscription, but playing it recently rocked

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Yeah all of the above is basically everything I would say, so I'll just third suggesting it!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Morter posted:

Hi thread. Alright so, I need guidance. I'm sort of thinking about getting the Happy Home Paradise DLC.

The thing is I'm kind of indifferent on designing? I like doing tasks, and sometimes whims will give me a brief creative spark. I'm sorta lazy with regards to designing my house and my town (despite the 5-stars). However, I'm trying to stay on this game daily/regularly a few times a week and it's tough, especially with the frustration of having that one villager refuse to give me her photo (FRANCINE! :argh:).

I feel like having tasks to to daily, and from what I hear, have more items and functions to make designing easier as well as other things to take to my base island/game, I'm pretty close to throwing down. :ohdear:

I'm not super creative myself, but the requests can usually give you enough to go on. Plus they always have 3 required items plus a set of "recommended" items so it's easy enough to slap together something decent even if the request itself isn't super inspiring.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Spellman posted:

The facilities themselves can become daily stops for getting items— I check the Kitchen daily to get new recipes
https://imgur.com/a/jpyf9pA

EXCUSE ME WHAT

omg I had no idea

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

ChickenDoodle posted:

EXCUSE ME WHAT

omg I had no idea

Hah, didn't imagine me asking would help someone else out. Nice

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I got an afternoon turnip price of 621 I'll post my dodo code in the PGS thread

lightly beaten
Oct 26, 2004

HappyfeetHappyfeetHappyfeet

Fun Shoe

ChickenDoodle posted:

EXCUSE ME WHAT

omg I had no idea

fyi: You get gifts or can shop at all the shops and facilities once completed. You can even get "cured" if you visit the doctor.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

lightly beaten posted:

fyi: You get gifts or can shop at all the shops and facilities once completed. You can even get "cured" if you visit the doctor.

EXCUSE ME WHAT

I've been putting off the facilities because making a hospital just doesn't really appeal to me, but now that I know I can buy stuff from the shop I guess I better get on that.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Even beyond the "island" series the clothing shop has seemed to carry stuff that's rare (at best) at Able Sisters. It's a sound investment. And that's why I get all of my most complicated clothing items at Dan Flashes.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

You can get a few medical-related items, like foot-casts or bandaids, by checking in at the hospital front desk for a doctor's appointment.
The restaurant as was mentioned will give you recipes from the head chef.
The cafe lets you buy food items directly.
I don't know if the school has an additional function beyond giving you the tutorial on putting bugs out in the yard.

If you're not big on designing, it's still very cute and you get to hang out with Wardell (the manatee) who is the chilliest.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

lightly beaten posted:

Oh yeah I knew those ones cause I shoved Lionel into my Sears so he could suffer while I bought all the pants.

I don’t know why the chef just totally went over my head LOL.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Zonko_T.M. posted:

You can get a few medical-related items, like foot-casts or bandaids, by checking in at the hospital front desk for a doctor's appointment.
The restaurant as was mentioned will give you recipes from the head chef.
The cafe lets you buy food items directly.
I don't know if the school has an additional function beyond giving you the tutorial on putting bugs out in the yard.

If you're not big on designing, it's still very cute and you get to hang out with Wardell (the manatee) who is the chilliest.

You can get extra turnips on Mondays at the hospital from Joan for free.
The teacher at the school will give you random Plumeria starts once a day.
If you take twenty minutes or longer when designing a home and speak to the client when they show up on the island again, they will give you a reward (usually wallpaper or flooring).

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

SilentChaz posted:

If you take twenty minutes or longer when designing a home and speak to the client when they show up on the island again, they will give you a reward (usually wallpaper or flooring).

...what?

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?

The first time you talk to a character after you’ve designed their vacation home (while in HHP), they’ll give you wallpaper, flooring, or an item—like a rug—that you used in their home design.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

You’ll know you took long enough because they will comment on how much effort you spent on the house. Unfortunately you can’t just sit there because the timer pauses if you don’t press a button for 60 seconds.

I just ended up holding the shoulder button and letting it page through the item list until time was up.

Oh and getting the rewards contributes to your HHP ranking.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Even beyond the "island" series the clothing shop has seemed to carry stuff that's rare (at best) at Able Sisters. It's a sound investment. And that's why I get all of my most complicated clothing items at Dan Flashes.

Dan Flashes :golfclap:

Also Nook Shopping has the Carp Banner and the Newspaper Hats for sale from today

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Is the May Day maze any different this year? It was different for the first two years but I wouldn’t be surprised if it were the same one as last year’s.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Hello! Sharkfarts is open for the first time in a while. I have like 10 million DIYs and recipes to give away. I also have random items up for grabs such as Celeste's poster and stuff from the sloppy set. Daisy Mae is here and selling turnips for 99 bells each. Nothing special in the stores, but it sure is nice and flowery!

Please come take all the stuff you can so I can remodel the island! Buy anything you want, take crops and flowers, and please be chill. I would love messages on my message board!

I'll be AFK, but we'll be open for a while.

Closed, thank you!

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Hello! Sharkfarts is open for the first time in a while. I have like 10 million DIYs and recipes to give away. I also have random items up for grabs such as Celeste's poster and stuff from the sloppy set. Daisy Mae is here and selling turnips for 99 bells each. Nothing special in the stores, but it sure is nice and flowery!

Please come take all the stuff you can so I can remodel the island! Buy anything you want, take crops and flowers, and please be chill. I would love messages on my message board!

I'll be AFK, but we'll be open for a while.

Dodo: in PGS thread

Just today I made this dumb meme (due to MONTHS of work not paying off) and you have Francine's photo. I love you so much :cry:

Morter fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 1, 2022