Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Joshi fans please can you tell me who the two ladies featured in my new BYOB sig are?

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Arisa Hoshiki is the one kicking. Idk who the other is

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Arisa Hoshiki is the one kicking. Idk who the other is

Thank you friend!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Oh the other one is Haruka Kato/HARUKAZE

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Huh, considering how limited she is in GanPro I never would have guessed she spent multiple years in Stardom

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stardom turned out some pretty bad wrestlers over the years.

The period before Kagetsu took over the dojo was especially rough, and even now a lot of their better wrestlers were recruited elsewhere.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
I miss Arisa Hoshiki. Loved the white belt fun for the most part, sad she never got to complete her run with it. Was happy that she was doing the Actring thing but unfortunately that didn't work out.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

https://twitter.com/saikireika/status/1516029942571548674?s=20&t=XBlvKx_i5x9-FWJHFZtKRA

I thought she had retired already so this was news to me.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
I think she never got a retirement ceremony, it was considered to be a pause.

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
April 17th show spoilers.

Koguma beating Gulia was a bit unexpected since gulia is have more stuff going for her than Koguma at the moment, but that's cool.

Real upset was Saki pinning Mayu in 17 seconds. Really cool to see Saki getting important win when it matters.

Also whole Unagi, Natsupoi and Ref thing. Was funny, adding clip from last September was nice touch.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/shupromobile/status/1516254341744766980

Well that's gotta ruffle some feathers.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1516273024177254402

Wish Emi hadn't been snubbed at the 60th

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

oh yeah totally, i understand perfectly

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Alaois posted:

oh yeah totally, i understand perfectly

There's nothing that needs to be translated, it's the cover itself. Starlight Kid got a solo Shupro cover for the 60th anniversary Joshi Supershow. Cutting everyone else out and focusing on her feels a bit disrespectful when it was a collaborative show and that's like Stardom's 6th cover and SLK's second cover this year.

Stall_19 fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Apr 19, 2022

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

What was the line up for the 60th Joshi supershow?

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

What was the line up for the 60th Joshi supershow?

Singles Match
Riko Kawahata vs. Maria

Six Man Tag Team Match
Asahi, Crea & Kaho Matsushita vs. Kanon, Madeline & Nanami

Six Man Tag Team Match
Kaori Yoneyama, Tomoko Watanabe & Yuuki Mashiro vs. Hibiscus Mii, Sakura Hirota & Yuki Miyazaki

Six Man Tag Team Match
Chie Ozora, Koguma & Manami vs. Lady C, Riko Kaiju & Yuko Sakurai

Six Man Tag Team Match
AKINO, Ayako Sato & Rydeen Hagane vs. Kyoko Inoue, Leon & Sonoko Kato

Tag Team Match
Ai Houzan & Yurika Oka vs. Best Friends (Arisa Nakajima & Tsukasa Fujimoto)

Tag Team Match
Haruka Umesaki & Rin Kadokura vs. Cosmic Angels (Mina Shirakawa & Unagi Sayaka)

Tag Team Match
Maika Ozaki & MIRAI vs. Team 200kg (Chihiro Hashimoto & Yuu)

Six Man Tag Team Match
Nagisa Nozaki, SAKI & Takumi Iroha vs. Maya Yukihi, Mayumi Ozaki & Starlight Kid

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Ah so no tjpw( from what I can see) and Emi got excluded along with her current students. That sucks.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I would suspect that TJPW elected not to be part of this and who knows about any sort of exclusion - people made the same assumption about Assemble and then it came out that Gatoh Move decided not to join. Besides the show was to celebrate the anniversary of Korakuen Hall and it's not like Gatoh Move has a great history there: two shows total in their entire history and they've not ran it since 2016. Emi was also in America; perhaps that limited her own availability.

There were a lot of people that weren't on this show - in terms of veterans there was no Jaguar Yokota, Dump Matsumoto, Takako Inoue, Chigusa Nagayo, Aja Kong, and probably others that didn't work the show, Yoshiko wasn't on this show in terms of a big non-big promotion name and obviously the vast majority of the Stardom roster didn't work this. When you add freelancers that didn't work this show (Asuka and Saori Anou are two notable examples of freelancers that work almost everywhere) it demonstrates that when you put this sort of show together unless it lasts for fifteen hours or you do a battle royal with 50 people there'll be people that don't work the show because there's not enough space.

I also don't think there's a hole there for her really outside perhaps that Kyoko Inoue veteran match: the matches higher up worked really well as they are (you could perhaps say that SAKI sticks out in the main but she was basically there to be the person that loses and I guess its cool to give that main event spot to someone trying to build something new), and the matches below the veterans match either had Ice Ribbon people in them who wouldn't work against Gatoh Move wrestlers, were basically a rookie match (well, and Koguma) or the only singles match on the card. I like most of the Gatoh Move roster, but I don't think this show missed them - there's no one I'd take off this to fit them in and I think adding them would have diluted things.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
It's also probably worth noting that this wasn't pitched as, like, a huge all-joshi everyone-who's-anyone greatest hits type show - it was one night of a two-night Korakuen Hall anniversary event with the exact same sort of cross-promotional men's show the next day.

There's no cross-promotional rivalry or buildup, no titles on the line, barely any singles matches at all, etc. It's for fun, not prestige. From shupro's perspective it makes sense to push their big recent favorite who was in the main event.

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Apr 19, 2022

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/take_stardom/status/1516267895407349765?t=UMNy-NvRXrtk9NVlGZcJaw&s=19

Stardom staff apologising for hogging the cover is really quite funny

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Johnny Landmine posted:

It's also probably worth noting that this wasn't pitched as, like, a huge all-joshi everyone-who's-anyone greatest hits type show - it was one night of a two-night Korakuen Hall anniversary event with the exact same sort of cross-promotional men's show the next day.

There's no cross-promotional rivalry or buildup, no titles on the line, barely any singles matches at all, etc. It's for fun, not prestige. From shupro's perspective it makes sense to push their big recent favorite who was in the main event.

And they weren't originally going to do a women's show for this: the original plan was to do just New Japan/All Japan until the Korakuen manager changed his mind and added this after the Nozaki-Kyoko match last year. I assume he called up the promotions that run the most in Korakuen and all of them bar TJPW are represented in some form and they managed to make a card work. I assume SAKI and Yuko Sakurai are there in the AWG spot as much as anything else - plus they needed someone to lose in the main event and it definitely wasn't anyone on the heel team.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

IceAgeComing posted:

I would suspect that TJPW elected not to be part of this and who knows about any sort of exclusion - people made the same assumption about Assemble and then it came out that Gatoh Move decided not to join. Besides the show was to celebrate the anniversary of Korakuen Hall and it's not like Gatoh Move has a great history there: two shows total in their entire history and they've not ran it since 2016. Emi was also in America; perhaps that limited her own availability.

Even though not every major wrestler was represented, it was a pretty comprehensive survey of every active Joshi promotion. TJPW is its own tight little circle in Japan (they only do international interpromotional/freelancer matches), AWG is and was under various fluctuations about whether it's a wrestling promotion or not, so Gatoh Move was a noticeable absence. The only other absences were mixed gender promotions like GLEAT, Heat Up, Just Tap Out, and Gan Pro, and I guess Prominence but they haven't even officially launched yet.

When you've got YMZ and Pro-Wrestling Eve being repped and logos displayed, it's no longer about who runs Korakuen Hall.

Entirely possible they elected not to send anyone, but Gatoh Move/ChocoPro did run a night show against the first hour or so of the 60th Anniversary and they very rarely to never run night shows. It's been 10 AM starts for the vast majority of the ChocoPro's existence. (although they did run a night show in the same slot a week earlier.)

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

I mean all those promotions weren’t part in themselves - Yoneyama was there as someone that works basically everywhere including all of the promotions that seemed to be the most significant in this (Stardom, WAVE etc), Yuu is Chihiro Hashimoto’s tag partner and was there because of that and not EVE, Hibiscus Mii was there basically on behalf of WAVE and not Ryuku Dragon. They gave the smaller promotions (including Color’s) in this the rub but in the gaps between the matches they plugged the upcoming shows for the bigger companies and not them.

Gatoh Move haven’t done a lot of stuff with others in Japan recently (Emi in America, Mei has that Stardom match and some TJPW stuff, Yunamon was AWG and now Color’s and that’s about it) and that means in cases like this where a building you don’t run is putting a show together you’ll get overlooked. And again there’s not a match I think would have been made better with someone added: I wouldn’t replace anyone on that show.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

That 29th April SEAd show looks like a loving blast.
High Speed match with Tsukushi Haruka, Nao Ishikawa, Yurika Oka & Chikayo Nagashima
Ayame Sasamura, Hiroyo Matsomuto, Miyuki Takase & Yumiko Hotta vs Hanako Nakamori, Itsuki Aoki, Rina Yamashita & Yuu
Riko Kaiju vs Riko Kawahata rematch
Arisa Nakajima vs Tsukasa Fujimoto
Las Fresa vs Aniki & Yoshiko for the Tag Titles.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Nanae looking real good in her comeback

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1516720973957177345

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1516722470044434432

Lady C was not ready for this.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'm not sure anybody was ready for that, bless you Yuna.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

New Blood 2 card

Hina & Hanan vs Tomoka Inaba (JTO) & Aoi (JTO)

Yuna Mizumori (Gatoh Move) vs Lady C

Yuko Sakurai (Color's) & Rina Amikura (Color's) vs Momo Kohgo & Saya Iida

MIRAI & Ami Sourei vs Waka Tsukiyama & Momoka Hanazono (Free)

Mai Sakurai vs Suzu Suzuki (Prominence)

Mina Shirakawa, Unagi Sayaka & X vs Ruaka, Starlight Kid & Rina

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021

Stall_19 posted:

New Blood 2 card

Hina & Hanan vs Tomoka Inaba (JTO) & Aoi (JTO)

Yuna Mizumori (Gatoh Move) vs Lady C

Yuko Sakurai (Color's) & Rina Amikura (Color's) vs Momo Kohgo & Saya Iida

MIRAI & Ami Sourei vs Waka Tsukiyama & Momoka Hanazono (Free)

Mai Sakurai vs Suzu Suzuki (Prominence)

Mina Shirakawa, Unagi Sayaka & X vs Ruaka, Starlight Kid & Rina

First show had special feeling. This one has just mediocre card, I pass this one. However it's cool that they are doing free shows.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I see wrestling twitter and reddit is getting worked up over the angle from the press conference involving Maika, Himeka, and Syuri this morning. It's no worse than 99% of the poo poo you see on NXT 2.0 these days. :psyduck:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Please don't accuse me of seeing anything from NXT

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

I see wrestling twitter and reddit is getting worked up over the angle from the press conference involving Maika, Himeka, and Syuri this morning. It's no worse than 99% of the poo poo you see on NXT 2.0 these days. :psyduck:

Yes, but nobody with any taste pays any attention to NXT.

More excitingly, Marvelous are giving us a really tasty match in a couple of weeks

https://twitter.com/info_marvelous/status/1516754075680862213?s=20&t=6I77Tn0dYj5qJaaWkz8Z8Q

(It's Maria vs Riko Kawahata)

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/kogumastardom/status/1516046207172325380

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Please don't accuse me of seeing anything from NXT

What is your favourite NXT LEVEL UP match

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the bears ate goldilocks

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Ice Ribbon was apparently going to wrap up without Tsukasa but the roster managed to convince them otherwise

https://twitter.com/sg_oxxt/status/1516995897686896640

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Maika Ozaki is a big get for Pocchari Joshi, and not just in the sense that all their gets are big

https://twitter.com/ganpro0417/status/1516261370152779779

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1517115241905098752?t=HgKhfbmXomuxrCWn6bw0sA&s=19

AZM in a slightly darker background, maybe they did leaders photoshoot in advance... Let's go AZM san!

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah, and it's not even that gratuitous. It's mindgames and a callback to Syuri kissing Utami, who freaked out, whereas Syuri remained stoic when Himeka kissed her.

NXT is just horny old men booking stuff that adds nothing to the product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Power Windows posted:

Yeah, and it's not even that gratuitous. It's mindgames and a callback to Syuri kissing Utami, who freaked out, whereas Syuri remained stoic when Himeka kissed her.

Jade Cargill suddenly very interested in working STARDOM