Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Same boat, Gunlancer main eagerly awaiting Hammer Time.

I made the mistake of trying rank 3 spirit absorption with a swiftness neck and now every other character I have feels slow and awful

3/3/3/3, not optimal/meta engravings by any means but I've MVP'ed every Argos so far with Damage Dealt.

Chocobo fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Apr 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Estel
May 4, 2010
I'm a blue gunlancer with 3grudge/3barricade and 1 combat readiness, I've only done Argos P1 twice and I've been in the top 4 as dps both times.

Blue gunlancers dps increases the more you know a fight because you just don't care about the boss's attacks or movements and you just keep hitting your rotations.

Once you know which attacks can destroy your shield you never receive damage.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Gunlancer damage also goes up as they get more engravings & relic stuff (more stats) & the new sets. They scale pretty well.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Apr 19, 2022

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

the voice acting continues to be top tier

https://youtu.be/MPv6P4zhB9o

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Does this introduce Relic quality gear to Global or is that still coming much later?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

I said come in! posted:

Does this introduce Relic quality gear to Global or is that still coming much later?
They said no 1415 chaos dungeon or guardian. It will come with Valtan next month or early June.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

There's no 1415+ content in this patch, relic gear comes in the May update probably, it's actually in the "tentative" part of the May roadmap, since it's probably attached to the release of Valtan. They could drop chaos dungeons with relic gear before valtan in May or something but that'd be super weird.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am just mostly excited for more mounts, pets, and character cosmetics. After you get to 1340 item level, you really don't have to keep advancing, it gets extremely expensive at 1370 and if there is ever a tier 4, I doubt it'll require you to get over 1400.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

No part of the game is expensive really, just slow. You earn everything you need to push through any barriers by just playing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Relic gear honing seems ultra expensive, I recall watching Zeals playing his Korean account on Twitch and showing honing on there and it looked really intimidating. But if the higher level chaos dungeons and raid bosses account for that in what they drop, then that's not so bad. Plus like 1 - 5% honing chance.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

I said come in! posted:

The Relic gear honing seems ultra expensive, I recall watching Zeals playing his Korean account on Twitch and showing honing on there and it looked really intimidating. But if the higher level chaos dungeons and raid bosses account for that in what they drop, then that's not so bad. Plus like 1 - 5% honing chance.
Some of zeals upgrades are higher than any content in KR needs. You have 1-3 months to do a single upgrade on each piece of gear to meet minimum requirements for new legions once we get there.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Khorne posted:

Some of zeals upgrades are higher than any content in KR needs. You have 1-3 months to do a single upgrade on each piece of gear to meet minimum requirements for new legions once we get there.

Now I understand, with that context in mind that isn't bad at all.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Wow I am not a fan of that trailer. But I'm still excited for the new content and the new class. Nothing in this new update requires us to push our itemlevel higher so if you're worried about pushing 1370+ you still have another month until Valtan raid is out which requires 1415 to do the normal mode. Not sure how hard its going to be to hit that.

On another note. Tripods are really cheap for how much damage it adds. You can snag a decent +3 tripod for your main skill for less than a hundred gold. A little more if you want two +3's and then swap another +3 onto it. The 30% chance sucks but the prices for them isn't that bad. The 5 Pheons suck but we're swimming in them right now from all the events. I managed to buy a bunch and upgraded my character for about 1000g. This is cheaper than buying accessories or ability stones with good engravings and it probably adds more damage in total. I still have more tripod pieces missing but I'll get them soon.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
If you've been leveling your stronghold and regularly sending ships out, you should have a decent amount of seals stocked up. You can purchase the crafting material for the Powder of Sage for those tripod transfers from a stronghold merchant and either use it yourself or sell it on the MB.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Hyper Inferno posted:

If you've been leveling your stronghold and regularly sending ships out, you should have a decent amount of seals stocked up. You can purchase the crafting material for the Powder of Sage for those tripod transfers from a stronghold merchant and either use it yourself or sell it on the MB.
i have been sending ships non-stop and did not even think to look at what i can buy with those seals. i'll have to check that out.

I said come in! posted:

I am just mostly excited for more mounts, pets, and character cosmetics. After you get to 1340 item level, you really don't have to keep advancing, it gets extremely expensive at 1370 and if there is ever a tier 4, I doubt it'll require you to get over 1400.
i'd like to hit 1385 so i can get the "easier t3 honing" stronghold upgrades, that's about it. i'll probably avoid raising any alts beyond 1302 until i get it.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
You can bring alts to 1325 without the research, you can't fail before then.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Cinara posted:

You can bring alts to 1325 without the research, you can't fail before then.

You will blow some extra honing shards without the exp part of the discount, but one week or Aira's abyssal should more than cover that gap.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Shards are a complete non issue on alts unless you're feeding them buckets of materials. It's only 75k total to go straight to 1370 with the research. Going to 1325 costs almost zero even without it.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I bought a gold founders pack a few months back but am just getting around to the game after Elden Ring, TWW3 etc. Is there anything in particular I should do with these royal crystals?

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The level 50 pack that gives you blue crystals is amazing value, I'd grab that.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I just realized recently that adventure islands exist and I haven't been taking advantage of all the gold islands since I started playing. I missed out on so much potential gold. If you haven't been doing them make sure you do them! Each island gives like 500-600g each. It takes a few minutes to do them and the only downside is it spawn in a small 2 hour window twice every day. Check your calendars!

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Anno posted:

I bought a gold founders pack a few months back but am just getting around to the game after Elden Ring, TWW3 etc. Is there anything in particular I should do with these royal crystals?
You should have 2 gold packs now because of all the launch issues I think, you could sell the stuff out of the first one, or maybe hold it and sell it later. Definitely open the one that says it's bound/untradeable first anyway if you haven't opened everything yet. And buy the "Level Complete Pack (Lv. 50)" for 1100 royal crystals as it's a crazy deal. Probably hold onto the blue crystals you get from it for now. Otherwise the only thing they should really be used for is buying skins or buying gold if you want to whale. Whaling in this game is crazy expensive though so probably don't do that. You might be able to get the ark pass on thursday with your orange crystals, which will probably be a good use of them, though it remains to be seen.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Sounds like a plan. Thanks folks.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Velveteen posted:

I just realized recently that adventure islands exist and I haven't been taking advantage of all the gold islands since I started playing. I missed out on so much potential gold. If you haven't been doing them make sure you do them! Each island gives like 500-600g each. It takes a few minutes to do them and the only downside is it spawn in a small 2 hour window twice every day. Check your calendars!

On this, each day there are 3 different islands and the rewards change up from day to day. So its worth checking what the rewards are for all 3 islands to see if any of them are gold for the day. I think the reward also scales based on the Tier of character you go in with so its best to go in with a T3 character.

Mufasa Nigel
Jul 8, 2005

Cinara posted:

Shards are a complete non issue on alts unless you're feeding them buckets of materials. It's only 75k total to go straight to 1370 with the research. Going to 1325 costs almost zero even without it.

About shards, I keep almost splurging on the t3 ones as they're so (comparatively) cheap. My mains 1390 with no chance of running out by the looks of it. When is it even sorta worth buying them?

My money maker has hit mainstream. The rare t3 honing material has 70,000+ listed at 9 gold. They don't even sell on a 3 day listing. I've got every source of special greater crafting chance except the ninevah skin one, 10 craft limit I might see 1 every 3 full rows. Bleh.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

Estel posted:

I'm a blue gunlancer with 3grudge/3barricade and 1 combat readiness, I've only done Argos P1 twice and I've been in the top 4 as dps both times.

Blue gunlancers dps increases the more you know a fight because you just don't care about the boss's attacks or movements and you just keep hitting your rotations.

Once you know which attacks can destroy your shield you never receive damage.

I've been meaning to put together a blue gunlancer set, but lone knight is just too fun. Dumping tens of millions of damage every burst window and soloing every stagger check is just beautiful.

Actually, the biggest optimization I can make is to squeeze in rank 1 Combat Readiness into my Lone Knight build, but I just don't want to give up my 3/3 Spirit Absorption until relic gear hits.

Estel
May 4, 2010
If you have 2 players that have the same knowledge about a boss's attacks and movements red and blue gunlancers do comparable damage. The difference is red is less but bigger numbers and blue is more but smaller numbers.

In the end all depends on what kind of gameplay you prefer. Blue you don't care what the boss is doing or which direction is facing except for wipe mechanics, you just have to control you shield and dps away. Red gunlancer you have to take advantage of the dps windows and hit the face of the boss, the good thing is that if the boss can be taunted you create your own dps window, taunt to make the boss face you, dps and move away before it hits you.

Both are cool and i understand why in Korea lots of players are going "purple" gunlancer doing a mix of both.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Isn't "purple" gunlancer just red gunlancer that takes 1 level of Combat Readiness to make his shield suck less?

Estel
May 4, 2010
In most cases yes, it's usually Lone Knight 3/Supercharge 3/DPS engraving 3/Combat readiness 1 and a typical red build but I've seen some players doing more hybrid things.

Not sure how effective those builds are but they exist.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Bluuuuuh the grind from 1302 to 1340 is such a drag. Having to replace all your skill gems, engravings and stats being totally wack because you're constantly upgrading accessories and Abyssal Dungeons / on-level guardian raids being way more difficult for that. I know that everyone says it gets worse from here on out but I just want my build back!

e: also tried to finish up alaric's sanctuary yesterday now that i'm technically overgeared for it and god drat, the stagger check on alaric is extremely tough to pass in a PUG

RoboCicero fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Apr 20, 2022

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Velganos is really tough compared to the other 3 guardians in T3. Doing it in a group has people exploding and dying instantly so I tried to solo it. This boss is the hardest thing I ever fought so far and I'm really enjoying this. First phase is pretty simple, it does a lot of charge attacks and leap attacks. These hit for about 38k which is about half your health pool. The counterable breath attack is super fast and if you don't counter or get out of the way right away you will die instantly from full health. There is a stagger check that was pretty tough for solo sorceress. I ended up dying the first time trying to do it so I just run away now. Phase 2 starts after a ball eating attack that instantly kills everyone if you don't do it correctly. This is the party killer in matchmaking. Phase 2 is basically the same as the first phase but its red and angry now. After another ball eating attack it goes into phase 3 where it starts doing pizza attacks. You have to move clockwise or counterclockwise depending on which way the wind is blowing. This thing is super fast and will one shot you if you don't do it correctly. I tried to do it correctly but my normal walking speed isn't fast enough and I died trying to reach the 4th slice. I ended up wiping at 12% with like 1 minute left on the clock.

Now why am I explaining this fight? Because this is supposed to be a daily boss. A boss you're supposed to do two times a day every day. I don't mind challenging bosses. I find them fun but this is a daily. This thing is harder than Argos and we're expected to do this twice a day. This got me thinking, why is this a daily and weekly abyssal dungeons and argos are only once a week. Why not let us run those dungeons again for very minor rewards or something. Maybe give us a few greater honor leapstones/card packs/engraving books, etc. They have similar difficulty levels anyways. Doing dungeons again is much more fun than doing extra chaos dungeons for bonus rewards. Plus you'll be able to run with friends or goons and help people out. Not actually complaining about the boss I'll go back and finish soloing it just to say I did it.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Most people just do Yoho as their daily guardian.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

RoboCicero posted:

Bluuuuuh the grind from 1302 to 1340 is such a drag. Having to replace all your skill gems, engravings and stats being totally wack because you're constantly upgrading accessories and Abyssal Dungeons / on-level guardian raids being way more difficult for that. I know that everyone says it gets worse from here on out but I just want my build back!

e: also tried to finish up alaric's sanctuary yesterday now that i'm technically overgeared for it and god drat, the stagger check on alaric is extremely tough to pass in a PUG

I actually thought the tier changes were the most fun for this reason. It feels a lot more like you're making interesting decisions when you're trying to cobble together the scraps of a viable build from trash you picked up off the floor, versus the later stages when all you're doing is chasing incremental improvements and throwing all your resources into a bonfire made of honing failures.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I just bought accessories off auction house to get the correct stats and engravings and I had absolutely no issues up to, and including, p1 of Argos and Abyssal Dungeon Hard modes. I also paid less than 200 gold for it overall, but I am a Gunlancer and went 3/3/1 for Stabilized Status/Barricade/CR, which are some of the cheaper engravings on the market, so your mileage may vary for other classes. I honestly don't know how many pheons I used, but I still have like 2000+ from all the events, so it was hardly some kind of irreplaceable loss and it was definitely worth it for the peace of mind and smooth sailing from 1302 to 1370. :shrug:

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Velveteen posted:

Velganos is really tough compared to the other 3 guardians in T3. Doing it in a group has people exploding and dying instantly so I tried to solo it. This boss is the hardest thing I ever fought so far and I'm really enjoying this. First phase is pretty simple, it does a lot of charge attacks and leap attacks. These hit for about 38k which is about half your health pool. The counterable breath attack is super fast and if you don't counter or get out of the way right away you will die instantly from full health. There is a stagger check that was pretty tough for solo sorceress. I ended up dying the first time trying to do it so I just run away now. Phase 2 starts after a ball eating attack that instantly kills everyone if you don't do it correctly. This is the party killer in matchmaking. Phase 2 is basically the same as the first phase but its red and angry now. After another ball eating attack it goes into phase 3 where it starts doing pizza attacks. You have to move clockwise or counterclockwise depending on which way the wind is blowing. This thing is super fast and will one shot you if you don't do it correctly. I tried to do it correctly but my normal walking speed isn't fast enough and I died trying to reach the 4th slice. I ended up wiping at 12% with like 1 minute left on the clock.

Now why am I explaining this fight? Because this is supposed to be a daily boss. A boss you're supposed to do two times a day every day. I don't mind challenging bosses. I find them fun but this is a daily. This thing is harder than Argos and we're expected to do this twice a day. This got me thinking, why is this a daily and weekly abyssal dungeons and argos are only once a week. Why not let us run those dungeons again for very minor rewards or something. Maybe give us a few greater honor leapstones/card packs/engraving books, etc. They have similar difficulty levels anyways. Doing dungeons again is much more fun than doing extra chaos dungeons for bonus rewards. Plus you'll be able to run with friends or goons and help people out. Not actually complaining about the boss I'll go back and finish soloing it just to say I did it.

Velgabos is just like every other guardian that is 4th on the menu. Vertus, archates, etc. They are a noticeable step up in difficulty and usually aren't farmed.

I try to farm him twice a day since I want the title.

Also velganos feels like the first boss that wasn't designed to be killed by you, but rather to kill you. It's a nice change in pace tbh.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Lt. Lizard posted:

I also paid less than 200 gold for it overall

Now add in the pheon values.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Suprfli6 posted:

Now add in the pheon values.

As I said, I have over 2000 of those and as far as I am aware, there is no way to trade them for gold or use them on something different than trading in the auction house. Why should I care that one of them costs around 30 gold when they are one of the most plentiful resources I possess, have literally no other use and I can't see myself running out of them considering I am interested in bringing 2 other characters to T3, at most?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I am going to guess you mean 200 not 2000.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I have 200+ pheon tokens from various events and rewards in storage. 1 pheon token was 10 pheons last time I converted them. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

On USE each pheon is currently worth about 45g based on blue crystal pricing and blue t3 items take 5 pheons each to purchase. They do add up pretty fast when items you buy later in t3 require 15 each so keep that in mind. The early t3 content is all pretty simple so I'd recommend just running with your t2 stuff until you have a few good drops in t3 and can build around them.