Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

wesleywillis posted:

Ernest Goes To Camp is a fuckin classic.

Anyone who disagrees can fight me, and also suck a male camel's dick.

I think several pages ago I postulated that they either "moved away" or died in a trailer fire or some poo poo.

Yeah:

You know, I usually read your posts in WW's voice, and this was a surprise to read.

Goodnight London, goodnight Chicago, Subway: Eat Fresh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

You know, I usually read your posts in WW's voice, and this was a surprise to read.

Goodnight London, goodnight Chicago, Subway: Eat Fresh.

Rock over London

Diet Pepsi, uh huh

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Not the other high water sitch where well, you know.

No, I don't.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

The flood episode. Where Bill took control since he was the only ranking military. Hank had to make an important decision about flood gates and was correct.

Kahn was also involved in the shelter situation.

Bobby had childish issues.

I've described many episodes here but you know the one I mean.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Don't tell me what I know!

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Milo and POTUS posted:

Don't tell me what I know!

That's my purse!

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

The flood episode. Where Bill took control since he was the only ranking military. Hank had to make an important decision about flood gates and was correct.

Defending the Arlen Flooder itt

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Fishstick posted:

Defending the Arlen Flooder itt

Hank is correct.

Don't deny him.

He is all powerful and you will believe in his justice.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

It's the fault of the guy that was trained and supposed to watch the dam. That dude abandoned his post. Hank made the wrong call, but he made the best one he could with his no training.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The episodes where Bill gets power and abuses it makes you feel less bad about the episodes where things go bad for him. Granted those are often of his own doing as well, depends on how dumb you think Dale cashing the million dollar check and taking all Bill’s money was.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I think about post abandoner brushing his mustache and laugh a lot

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

On one hand don't write joke checks without also slapping VOID on them. On the other it's a dick move to cash a check you know was a joke.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

pixaal posted:

On one hand don't write joke checks without also slapping VOID on them. On the other it's a dick move to cash a check you know was a joke.

Dale didn't grasp that.

There's a lot of things he doesn't get.

Don't shame.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Bobby was fine. Peggy reverted to a child.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
The other high water mark was when Bobby told Hank and Peggy BUCK STRICKLAND GOT UNDER MORE BALLS THAN A MIDGET HOOKER!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Yesterday I found several episodes for free on Daily Motion, including Propaniacs, FWIW and if anyone is interested. They're mirrored though

E

I found the Metalife episode. Peggy getting mixed up in an MLM and Bill becoming her sales slave are so on point for the characters.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 19, 2022

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

BiggerBoat posted:

Yesterday I found several episodes for free on Daily Motion, including Propaniacs, FWIW and if anyone is interested. They're mirrored though

E

I found the Metalife episode. Peggy getting mixed up in an MLM and Bill becoming her sales slave are so on point for the characters.

If you have Hulu, KotH was still streaming there as of 2 days ago

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

The Bible posted:

They were obviously anti-maskers and died of COVID.

No hospital!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I randomly caught a scene from natural born killers on YouTube and immediately realized Juliette Lewis could voice Luanne.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Nuts and Gum posted:

I randomly caught a scene from natural born killers on YouTube and immediately realized Juliette Lewis could voice Luanne.

I'm playing six degrees of Kevin Bacon here.

Juliette Lewis was in Natural Born Killers with Woody Harrelson.

Woody Harrelson was in True Detective with Matthew McConaughey.

Matt was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPZCIZBgD5o

Got it in three.

Oolb
Nov 18, 2019
Is Hank Hill a good or bad person? A good or bad father?

I ask this because Hank Hill presented in such a sympathetic way, but undoubtedly in today's culture his approach wouldn't fly. But does that make him a bad person, especially when he seems so interested in being a good person but is stifled by his culture?

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
I think that question is way too simply worded and assumes that we've worked out exactly how to be 'good' in the current time frame/culture you're in.

Broadly you could maybe think, does Hank try and look after and support his family in a reasonable way? Do they feel supported and loved? Do his friends like hanging round with him? Does he ever pick on people or bully them?

I don't think it's healthy to try and categorise people into good & bad like that. Esp. if you're talking about relatively average people.

Oolb
Nov 18, 2019
Thanks that's actually a helpful response.

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
In conclusion, yes, you should get BILL tattooed on the back of your head

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Hank is probably on the whole a bad father but Bobby takes the opposite lessons from his dad so overall Hank is raising him right accidentally

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Hank is still pretty far away from say, Archie Bunker. He's flawed but can usually change his viewpoint without needing the whole world to coax him. (I've never actually watched All In The Family).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

mudskipp posted:

In conclusion, yes, you should get BILL tattooed on the back of your head

WhY dO yOu KeEp taTtOoInG BILL?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Hank just hasn't been exposed and considered many other view points. He's open to them. He's ignorant, but not willfully. Can you blame someone for hating something if everyone else has told them their whole life that hating it is right and good? Cotton realizes he hosed up raising Hank. But he finds pride how well Hank raised Bobby.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Who What Now posted:

Hank is probably on the whole a bad father
Whelp, congratulations on growing up with a really good father so you can think this.

naem
May 29, 2011

Oolb posted:

Is Hank Hill a good or bad person? A good or bad father?

I ask this because Hank Hill presented in such a sympathetic way, but undoubtedly in today's culture his approach wouldn't fly. But does that make him a bad person, especially when he seems so interested in being a good person but is stifled by his culture?

Hank is a traditional culturally conservative person who is faced with the fact his beliefs aren’t right, who learns and grows.

He’s subtle and nuanced and is presented as a real, flawed person for whom their growth is a source of gentle humor for the viewer as the world he lives in changes around him and he adapts.

right now most media seems to be RED or BLUE, PICK A TEAM, GOOD or BAD, NO NUANCE

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I don't remember who posted it here, but when we were pitching ideas for KoTH revival one time, someone brought up an article where Elon Musk says he sleeps in his office usually. Someone posted that Bill would try to buy him a couch.

https://twitter.com/mustachetoilet/status/1516591755633651713?t=xNngw6N0n08zd1C7WJ0yMw&s=19

Whoever that was nailed it right on the head.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Why do you keep calling me Grimes

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

I don't remember who posted it here, but when we were pitching ideas for KoTH revival one time, someone brought up an article where Elon Musk says he sleeps in his office usually. Someone posted that Bill would try to buy him a couch.

https://twitter.com/mustachetoilet/status/1516591755633651713?t=xNngw6N0n08zd1C7WJ0yMw&s=19

Whoever that was nailed it right on the head.

that man ain't right

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Fuckin lmao

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

:golfclap: wow.

Dale: You know what x æ a-12 means, right?

Those are the nuclear codes." *takes a drag of his cigarette*

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Apr 20, 2022

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

naem posted:

Hank is a traditional culturally conservative person who is faced with the fact his beliefs aren’t right, who learns and grows.

He’s subtle and nuanced and is presented as a real, flawed person for whom their growth is a source of gentle humor for the viewer as the world he lives in changes around him and he adapts.

right now most media seems to be RED or BLUE, PICK A TEAM, GOOD or BAD, NO NUANCE

I'm complicated dangit!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Hope everyone is watching out for any signs of marijuana poisoning today

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
The Ebay auction closed and I lost my weevil :(

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.