Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

I can only hope the Saints brass see it the way you do too.

OT/WR top two easily unless someone like Stingley slips somehow.

Cross/Penning at 16.
Olave/Williams/London at 19.

Williams will be gone sorry the Chiefs are trading ahead of you to take him at 13. That's something I do believe in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

kiimo posted:

I hesitate because Big Bob Tonyan rules

He does but coming off acl and is a FA next year.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

A bad TE class is no reason to reach on a middling talent. I would be livid if the Packers took McBride at 28 with so many good linemen and receivers available.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

A bad TE class is no reason to reach on a middling talent. I would be livid if the Packers took McBride at 28 with so many good linemen and receivers available.

Okay what lineman do you want? I already got you Olave you want to get nuts and go receiver again? Reach on a Christian Watson or something?

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I think the Packers will grab an Edge guy for the second first rounder.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Boye Mafe might be around.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

kiimo posted:

Boye Mafe might be around.

Would be a good size drop if the mocks are any indication (which they often aren't!).

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I’d be thrilled if the Lions got George Pickens at 32 or 34.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I don't think Travon Walker is going to be a bust. I do think he has a lot to learn and his drafting will involve some projection, but he is the absolute prototype for a dominant DE, size and length, athleticism. His 6.89 three cone, which basically tests bend and short area agility and is the single most important workout for edge rushers, was incredible for a man of his size. And along with the rest of his traits that is a really good sign. I don't think he was used to his full potential at Georgia.

It might take a year or two but I think he's gonna be a pretty good player. Hutchinson and Thibodeax have already shown it though, I have no problem with them going first if they do but there are good reasons to consider to Walker relatively high up too, top 15 at least.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

kiimo posted:

Okay what lineman do you want? I already got you Olave you want to get nuts and go receiver again? Reach on a Christian Watson or something?

Perrion Winfrey was brought in to Lambeau today for a pre-draft visit. He's the third lineman the Packers have brought in, they're clearly interested in the position (smokescreen antics aside). He should be available at the end of the first, especially if someone like Karlaftis is there for the Bills to grab.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

Perrion Winfrey was brought in to Lambeau today for a pre-draft visit. He's the third lineman the Packers have brought in, they're clearly interested in the position (smokescreen antics aside). He should be available at the end of the first, especially if someone like Karlaftis is there for the Bills to grab.

This is all in good fun but I am amused you would be livid about McBride but then advocate for a lineman who is projected to go mid second round right where McBride is.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hand Row posted:

This is all in good fun but I am amused you would be livid about McBride but then advocate for a lineman who is projected to go mid second round right where McBride is.

Because if it was McBride that means the Packers are going for an offensive weapon and there are going to be a wide variety of better fits available at 28 for that category.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I like Greg Dulcich better than McBride anyways. I think he has a better chance to be an actual difference maker whereas McBride has high floor but lower ceiling

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Here is my current top 150:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TEuFQWPwmTkpLzyThD50ZDZULy-Sdu0iSFLPvZtq35U/edit?usp=sharing

It's subject to change as I nitpick over the next ten days. This isn't probably how the draft is going to pan out at all, it's just my general feeling on this years prospects. I will do a mock draft later but only for charity as Eifert promised to donate a lot of money if I do.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
A very interesting ranking. Hard not to agree with Stingley #1 on talent. Foot and toe injuries scare me though. Of course they did dump a whole Home Depot into Julio Jones foot pre-draft and he turned out all right.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
God is it next week yet

https://twitter.com/NFL_was_taken/status/1516228021325209606?t=2zMGGo0TTNr3jo8vGpzeaw&s=19

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'd say Penning did fine at the Senior Bowl. Won some and lost some. I don't think it was a tough guy act after the whistle he was smothering some dudes. It's more that people have to make absolute statements in order to stand out because no one likes hearing that a prospect is okay. It's not sexy marketing.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Travon Walker is Leonard Floyd 2.0. I base this solely on them both being super athletic edge guys with the exact same criticisms about their production at Georgia. The only way Walker will succeed is if his first team doesn't pick up his option and he signs with the Rams after his rookie deal.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Bust? How about #1 overall?

https://twitter.com/gmfb/status/1516395566011400201

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Zierlein (I think) said on an Athletic podcast a while ago that he had been putting Walker at #1 specifically because people close to the Jags have been telling him to do so. Schrager is presumably talking to the same people.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

The Lions ain't picking a QB in rounds 1-3 come fight me.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Is it me or is this draft class kind of underwhelming?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think the top end is pretty underwhelming compared to most years + there aren't any QBs

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Zierlein (I think) said on an Athletic podcast a while ago that he had been putting Walker at #1 specifically because people close to the Jags have been telling him to do so. Schrager is presumably talking to the same people.
I raised this point before. All of a sudden every national draft guy was hearing that Baalke sees Aldon Smith in Trevon Walker so apparently he's their guy. It'd be easy to assume it's being fed to them, either by the Jags or by Walker's agent, especially when the two are nothing alike other than height/weight.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

wandler20 posted:

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I think the top end is pretty underwhelming compared to most years + there aren't any QBs

Yeah, the stuff I'm reading / listening to basically puts it at practically the whole of the top 10 from last year would go before anyone this year, and the best QB prospect would be 6th or 7th last year. At the same time, there's an incredible number of good WR prospects, a ton of pass rushers and 3 day 1 starting tackles, so just a really deep 10-40 apparently.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

wandler20 posted:

From what I can see it's a high floor, deep class. Just not many superstars.

Like if any

Also the QBs suck

edit:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/newreply.php?action=newreply&postid=522886815

This is going to be my Beersheet for this podcast draft

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

AndrewP posted:

OP take Sauce #4

Hi but what if Derek Stingley Jr is available

edit: dang Doltos you really don't like Boye Mafe huh

kiimo fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Apr 19, 2022

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Seems to me the only thing stopping people from thinking Hamilton is a clear #1 pick superstar is his positional value.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

PFF was saying that the wagering odds strongly show Hamilton slipping in the draft somebody is getting a gem

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Hizawk posted:

The Lions ain't picking a QB in rounds 1-3 come fight me.

Gotta keep the spot open for Baker

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Eifert Posting posted:

Seems to me the only thing stopping people from thinking Hamilton is a clear #1 pick superstar is his positional value.

Well yeah, the two all pro safeties from last year are on 12 / 10 m per year contracts respectively, and the highest guy is on what's considered by most as a mistake of a deal with like 2 other guys around $15m.

Meanwhile, there's 17 edge rushers, 18 tackles and 19 WR's pulling in at least $15m a year,

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

kiimo posted:

PFF was saying that the wagering odds strongly show Hamilton slipping in the draft somebody is getting a gem
There was a link from 538 earlier that highlights the difference between ESPN Analytics' slot probabilities versus just the betting markets' projection.

It was interesting. ESPN has Hamilton at 92% to be selected in the top 10. Betting markets have him at only 45%. Charles Cross is another high disparity one with betting markets being way higher on him going top 10.
https://twitter.com/friscojosh/status/1516091996527464448

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Apr 19, 2022

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I've never been as confident in anything as I am in Walker being a bust if he's drafted #1 overall.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

wandler20 posted:

Covid had a ton of talented guys come out early so then all their backups got a poo poo ton of play as sophomores and came out in 2021 as one of the best draft classes ever. This year is all seniors and leftovers from that class. That's why everyone is old and has ratings like Pretty Good, Not Great, But Okay.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

kiimo posted:

The top 10 is probably like this at the moment:

1. Jaguars - Aidan Hutchinson
2. Lions - Kayvon Thibodeaux
3. Texans - Evan Neal
4. Jets - Ickey Ekownu
5. Giants - Travon Walker
6. Panthers - Kenny Pickett
7. Giants - Trade back or Sauce Gardner
8. Falcons - Charles Cross
9. Seahawks - who the gently caress knows with this team
10. Jets - some sort of WR

Hamilton and Stingley are dropping hard because no one cares about safeties and Stingley is a massive question mark in a draft that has about 6 CBs with first round talent. Most if not all the WRs are going to get overdrafted since you can never have enough of them in the league and they're kind of alright this year. Devin Lloyd is going to be another shameful drop, same with Nakobe Dean. Dean is probably one of the best players in the draft but who cares when everyone's shooting for measurables this year. Guys like Kenyon Green, DeMarvin Leal, Jahan Dotson, and Drake Jackson are all dominant players but are going to drop too because of their size issues. This just feels like a draft full of workout warriors and the bust potential is insane.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Does anyone have a good source of the ages of the players

edit: I guess Doltos hyperlinked all the players' profiles in his doc

kiimo fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Apr 19, 2022

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

kiimo posted:

Does anyone have a good source of the ages of the players

edit: I guess Doltos hyperlinked all the players' profiles in his doc

PFF's big board has the player's ages, less clicking than having to go through 150 urls: https://www.pff.com/draft/big-board?season=2022

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bernhard Raimann is almost 25 holy poo poo

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Strong interview from Beauxfa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

kiimo posted:

Bernhard Raimann is almost 25 holy poo poo
He’s Austrian so he did his compulsory military service prior to college.