Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

im pomu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 358 days!
https://twitter.com/NYT_first_said/status/1516093702158143488?t=5lWKU4nx2HSosO9X8Hvj-w&s=19

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

inside you are two suwanyans……..

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

vtubers are just okay

when it was serious corona times and i hadnt seen any friends or family in months and was working nights it filled the loneliness

now less so but a few of the clips and junk that surface on youtube are fun

also on some level vtubers make more sense as people behind an avatar and persona, streaming, than the big name streamers who are also influencers and selling the idea of their lifestyle?

like I remember this video made me really consider buying a sword or two and made me laugh

e: oh. Uh. volume warning on this. i forgot that part.

https://youtu.be/sJZA61spN20

SA is where let’s play was born. vtubers streaming video games are LPers with a graphic avatar instead of a face cam in the corner. its not hard to comprehend

wolfs has issued a correction as of 18:54 on Apr 18, 2022

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
they look like poo poo. That's the reason why I don't watch vtubers. the avatars look bad

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

It's short for Varney Tube. It's an entire community of streamers creating deepfake content of late actor Jim Varney with the intention of creating content that expands the Ernest Cinematic Universe.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

I guess im just mad old because some...shrieking anime puppet internet screencap talkshow sounds bad as hell

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
idk why people go and translate vtubers but regular japanese let's play people never get translated. Translate レトルト's videos or something he's mad popular.

Well i guess cause regular japanese let's players are just the same as any other let's player from anywhere

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmfao

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

christmas boots posted:

It's short for Varney Tube. It's an entire community of streamers creating deepfake content of late actor Jim Varney with the intention of creating content that expands the Ernest Cinematic Universe.

HEY THERE VERNE, yer just in time. we was about to start watching Yourotsookie Doujin, aka legend of the overfiend. I just love saying aka don’t yer? it sounds all fancy-like. I was told it’s a classic

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

brandono heato

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

From clips on YouTube, the, Vshojo tubers just seem to be horny zoomers who play videogames and make sex jokes while having waifu avatars. There's certainly worse ways to make money

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

The kids ain't gonna be alright, a single cartoon fox was enough to destroy like 30% of my generation

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

christmas boots posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_sgAV5EQ9s

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
new cspam subtitle just dropped

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Homeless Friend posted:

No

The world must learn to be less normal

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

spy x family has been amazing so far ngl

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Kitfox88 posted:

spy x family has been amazing so far ngl

What do you like about it

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

KomradeX posted:

From clips on YouTube, the, Vshojo tubers just seem to be horny zoomers who play videogames and make sex jokes while having waifu avatars. There's certainly worse ways to make money

I think some of the older ones can count as late millenials, even. Like, Nyanners had been putting stuff on youtube for over 10 years now and often references dumb old memes (which is what got me to start watching her vids in the first place lmao)

edit : just realized it means that while the market for zoomer and millenial vtubers is already quite competitive, the one for gen-x and boomer vtubers is still a potential goldmine!

January 6 Survivor has issued a correction as of 01:03 on Apr 20, 2022

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

tokin opposition posted:

the main cast of spy x family have been alienated from regular society by their fantastical jobs in ways that are relatable to an audience of burnt out otaku, and find ways to relearn how to form emotional connections to others and carve out a better world. extremely leftist

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

funny and cute

an actual dog posted:

the main cast of spy x family have been alienated from regular society by their fantastical jobs in ways that are relatable to an audience of burnt out otaku, and find ways to relearn how to form emotional connections to others and carve out a better world. extremely leftist

also this I guess

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
they ain’t beating goku

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Homeless Friend posted:

theres only one anime out there worth watching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QC3QKFgrMM
S-tier soundtrack, especially for a video game anime

S+ tier

TenementFunster has issued a correction as of 05:49 on Apr 20, 2022

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Benstar posted:

i love women i just hate all the thots and whores
Bimbo
Exclusionary
Really
Fuckingnerdy

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/napalmmeth/status/1516556980680278018?s=20&t=XBJOVGU-KfTVePXY1gxR9Q

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

dudes rock

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Last like 7 episodes of ranking of kings suck

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

pillsburysoldier posted:

They're OK. Bit saccarine.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

pillsburysoldier posted:

oh wow monarchy bad big scoop dropping on the marxist forum

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

monarchy and nobility are bad but the blue haired head priest in ascendance of a book worm is a cool guy

even if its just pragmatism

i watched all of season 1 and 2 this week and it’s a remarkably slow paced and limited in scope isekai

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
just read goodbye eri by that chainsaw man guy and it kicks rear end.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I read through all of Dorohedro last night and lol.

Hole is a collection of fetishes.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Read a nice Yuri romance manga last night called "Catch these hands!" about some former delinquent ladies that cross paths again as adults and romance and hijinks ensue. It's pretty by the numbers as far as romance manga go but it's charming and cute. Also doesn't treat a same sex romance as some kind of thing that is "different" if that makes sense. Not too long but very fun so if it sounds like your kind of thing check it out.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

I preferred it under the title "Accept My Fist of Love!"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I do really appreciate that the “but, we’re both guys! How can two men be love???” thing doesn’t show up in gay mangas anymore.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
It doesn't? I remember seeing that exact phrase hundreds of times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 358 days!
Finished watching series 1 of City Hunter, pretty good, Ryo has a crippling sex addiction but doesn't let it get in the way of his job, hes a stone cold professional

Started watching Dirty Pair, was scared because these are supposed to be "sexy" anime girls but the whole thing seems less titillating than an average One Piece episode, pretty good

I like that these shows both do wholly standalone episodes, I miss that in this age of sprawling 30 episode arcs

How are old comedy animes funnier and more charming than new animes