Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

That last page hits a little different knowing what Abbadon's been through lately.

Cowcaster posted:

glad to see that allison is all left

Also this was way too good to leave unquoted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

There Bias Two posted:

Maybe they had to kill 6 billion demons to keep her alive via this dark ritual.

The six billion demon woman.

We can rebuild her, we have the technomancy.

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
"How do you feel Allison? The body may heal, but the mind is not always so resilient."

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Cowcaster posted:

KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: Glad to see that Allison is all left

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Tell you hwat that woman ain't right

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Topple their threads ddos their forums

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
oof

must of been out for a while, considering the gamer tan

Vagabong fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Apr 16, 2022

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Wonder what happened to her leg. Looked OK when she was crawling

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Mr. Lobe posted:

My guess is it got infected and they couldn't save it

Either that or it's some weird cult poo poo

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Kalli posted:

I mean maybe more doctors and less candles?

You want the doctors to perform surgery in the dark?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Vagabong posted:

oof

must of been out for a while, considering the gamer tan

That could also just be the palor of blood loss, considering all those transfusion bags.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
normally this level of healthcare will cost you an arm and a leg but they halved the bill this time

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Grouchio posted:

KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: Glad to see that Allison is all left

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
State-of-the-art 40th Millennium medicine

The best medical care the Imperium of Man has to offer

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I'm curious what that weird blob with the tags is. It may or may not be story-relevant.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

There Bias Two posted:

I'm curious what that weird blob with the tags is. It may or may not be story-relevant.

Probably a medicine in the way blue devil liquor is, I'd guess. Something devilish that has a beneficial effect on people

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

There Bias Two posted:

looks like a similar bag to the hanging ones.

considering the location, probably a catheter bag.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

There Bias Two posted:

They say "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT"

Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

Gnome de plume posted:

normally this level of healthcare will cost you an arm and a leg but they halved the bill this time

This is a good joke, but I honestly wonder. Given that her leg appeared uninjured, and able to support her weight, maybe there is a literal flesh price for all of this medical care?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

could've shattered the fucken thing, been bleeding out internally the entire time

could've needed the flesh to patch her up elsewhere

who knows

Rabid Boar
Apr 16, 2020

Soon, all of you will feel my hate, and suffer as I have suffered!
"I don't care if it's fine, Lady Jadis' vision says the rising king will be missing their right leg. Now chop it off!"

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Mr. Lobe posted:

Piracy tax for illegally torrenting Sailor Moon

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
"In the name of the moon, I'll amputate you!"

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Man, the moon is a harsh mistress

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

I'm still quite surprised that based on what we know, Jagganoth is actually gone. I really hope that does stick; I'm really sick of the usual "big bad no-sells character previously shown to be tough" trope. I guess it'd also be thematically sweet that Solomon & Jaggs, two big fightpeople who have bad ideas for vastly different reasons, take each other out so that something new can replace their power structure.

(I do wonder though - if Jagganoth is actually gone, when will the presumed time loop happen?)

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Hempuli posted:

(I do wonder though - if Jagganoth is actually gone, when will the presumed time loop happen?)

Hopefully never.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

GunnerJ posted:

Hopefully never.

But like, in the countless previous instances, I wonder if Jagganoth not being exploded by Solomon and consequently eating the universe for breakfast was what triggered the loop, or if there's some other mechanism that could still be in play even if Jaggs is gone. Hypothetically there could be some kind of doomsday clock ticking in Jagganoth's better pair of pants that Allison & co will need to find before all's said and done, who knows.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Keep in mind it wasn't Jagganoth that actually triggered the loop, it was Zoss/Metatron.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Hempuli posted:

I'm still quite surprised that based on what we know, Jagganoth is actually gone. I really hope that does stick; I'm really sick of the usual "big bad no-sells character previously shown to be tough" trope. I guess it'd also be thematically sweet that Solomon & Jaggs, two big fightpeople who have bad ideas for vastly different reasons, take each other out so that something new can replace their power structure.

I think he is likely to crop up again. Maybe not in a way that gives him any influence over the multiverse any more, but I feel like there were some things left for him to say that are unlikely to be heard from anybody else.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Thundarr posted:

I think he is likely to crop up again. Maybe not in a way that gives him any influence over the multiverse any more, but I feel like there were some things left for him to say that are unlikely to be heard from anybody else.

SOMEHOW, JAGGANOTH HAS RETURNED

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
WHAT PART OF UNKILLABLE DID YOU FAIL TO UNDERSTAND

taking him out of the equation would reintroduce Metatron and 2 Michael as threats, though, and they’ve been in the background for a while

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Hempuli posted:

Can't kill a dead man!

Mottom is extremely not coming back though.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oxxidation posted:

I suspect he's not actually dead but the transmigration of immortal souls has done something extreme and entirely unprecedented to him and he's no longer in any state to be a threat for the immediate future.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Apr 19, 2022

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jagg isn't dead, he's just in a big ball of punching forever with Solomon, where they both can be happy doing what they love.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Jagganoth is hanging from the bottom of Throne by one giant meaty finger. He's very strong but even so it's gonna take him a while to climb back up.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Wait, why is it assumed Jaggonoth was killed? From everything we saw I thought a more obvious assumption is that he 1) is likely out of commission for a while and 2) was transported very, very far away from the current battlefield.

Solomon's kamikaze doing even that much is incredibly impressive, but I thought it was pretty clear from the narrative that they'd never be able to kill him without full cooperation from all the demiurges.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Hempuli posted:

you guys wouldnt be stuck debating wether he's going to return or not if you'd payed attention and seen his announcement in fortnite

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Oxxidation posted:

"UNDYING!!!"

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
OKAY, CUTTING TO THE CHASE: NOT DEAD. BACK. BIG SURPRISE. NEVER MIND.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Wait, why is it assumed Jaggonoth was killed? From everything we saw I thought a more obvious assumption is that he 1) is likely out of commission for a while and 2) was transported very, very far away from the current battlefield.

Solomon's kamikaze doing even that much is incredibly impressive, but I thought it was pretty clear from the narrative that they'd never be able to kill him without full cooperation from all the demiurges.

Incubus definitely seemed pretty sure that Jaggs would be back, although granted he wasn't witness to Dave's final technique that may or may not have done something special.

If he is gone, this does raise a question of what makes this loop so much different than the others. The heir didn't defeat Dave outright in this one, which left him alive to do the thing... but is having Dave around that much better than having an heir strong enough to beat Dave?

I suppose one of the major themes of Dave's book was self-sacrifice and the importance of being willing to give up victory (which is explicitly contrasted with simply striving to be strong enough to smash everything into submission), and Dave's big thing is explicitly a suicide attack, so maybe the key turning point is that Allison & co. were able to shame Dave into doing something unthinkable to the conquering heirs.