Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

get back to work noobs and don't let me catch you downloading any roms in there!

I'm playing Mother 3 on a GBA emulator. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
You'd think a corporation with a pipe fitter as it's mascot would be a LITTLE union friendly.

lol are you kidding me?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

I’m not sure about WB but Disney definetly wants to look good.

Nintendo however pretty consistently is perfectly fine being huge assholes

WB is very quick to announce some new diverse DC project whenever Ray Fisher calls them out for their racism or Joss Whedon's abuses on the set of the Justice League reshoot set. One time they even announced a live action Frosty the Snowman movie starring Jason Momoa, which he even called out as a complete fabrication.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Remember hearing that the Japan branch had relatively high worker happiness and pay, wondering if that was true or if there is really that big of a discrepancy between there and here.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Time to pay my mandatory union dues. That'll get someone to do something about this Miyamoto guy! Anyway, back to not working and complaining about this comfy rear end job for the biggest company in the world. :sigh:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”
WB didnt make super mario bros 3

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

Hrist posted:

Time to pay my mandatory union dues. That'll get someone to do something about this Miyamoto guy! Anyway, back to not working and complaining about this comfy rear end job for the biggest company in the world. :sigh:

This is a horrible take. Nintendo sucks just like all other companies.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Mario says if you have time to lean, you have time to clean.

Luigi only shits on company time.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Steven Xenoverse

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

aperfectcirclefan posted:

I posted the wrong tweet. The Xenoblade news was absolutely to distract from Stephens tweet

https://twitter.com/stephentotilo/status/1516473093405003783?t=mSzbflSAY9PT0LJpN5grsw&s=19

No its not you dingus, a worker filing a NLRB termination complaint is not a thing you would move a release date to cover up

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Calaveron posted:

This still doesn't make up for pushing Zelda back motherfuckers

They will re release WW probably. For $60.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

This is a horrible take. Nintendo sucks just like all other companies.

acutaly they made super mario world and yoshis island so they own and it is you that sucks OP

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hrist posted:

lmao dumbass

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Disney very hastily threw out the Obiwan Kenobi tv show teaser trailer and other PR for it the day they were getting a lot of backlash for donating to the Don't Say Gay bill.

I'm not saying Nintendo is doing something similar, I'm saying it's not out of the realm of possibility.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

LionArcher posted:

They will re release WW probably. For $60.

thank god

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I guarantee you they don’t care

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

nintendon't say gay

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Disney very hastily threw out the Obiwan Kenobi tv show teaser trailer and other PR for it the day they were getting a lot of backlash for donating to the Don't Say Gay bill.

I'm not saying Nintendo is doing something similar, I'm saying it's not out of the realm of possibility.

A worker filing a NLRB termination complaint without any context is not earth shattering news. It would own if we lived in a world where companies were actually afraid of those but we don't

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I mean, everyone will bitch about the price. And then most of us will buy it. I haven’t finished skyward sword, and I’ll buy it as soon as it’s up for pre order. Because I’m zeldas bitch.

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Guys the giant children's toy corporation that abuses it's workers don't need you to defend it.

They absolutely covered news that Bloomberg reported.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I doubt the Xenoblade news has much to do with that. Nintendo has had plenty of bad PR and for the most part no one really cares

Yeah I very much doubt Nintendo announced it just to cover up poo poo the American branch got outed for. They're poo poo but they don't really employ damage control all that often unless the public backlash is that bad, and even then a good portion of the time they don't give a gently caress.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

A worker filing a NLRB termination complaint without any context is not earth shattering news. It would own if we lived in a world where companies were actually afraid of those but we don't

Corporations are deathly afraid of organization. I'm not familiar with the NLRB or NLRB termination complaints, but they are probably taking them a lot more seriously what with Activision Blizzard constantly in the news and Starbucks and Amazon seeing unions successfully pop up.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Guys the giant children's toy corporation that abuses it's workers don't need you to defend it.

what the gently caress do you want me to do about it? drive over to Japan and beat the poo poo out of miyamoto?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

jump over doug bowsers head and hit the switch to drop him into lava?

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

what the gently caress do you want me to do about it? drive over to Japan and beat the poo poo out of miyamoto?

Maybe stop supporting the oppressors and stop buying Nintendo games

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

that would be pretty cool tbh

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

he’d beat you up though lol

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Or is workers rights not as important as playing the latest Nintendo game to you

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

:goofy:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

now that’s a lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Or is workers rights not as important as playing the latest Nintendo game to you

i’d kill my own mother for the latest Nintendo games

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I'm not defending them turbo dingus, I'm saying it's really unlikely they moved a release date of a major game to cover up a NLRB complaint, a thing that happens frequently.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i hope the workers get hit with a blue turtle shell

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m not defending Nintendo, I think Nintendo is perfectly fine being seen as cartoon villians.

That’s not a ringing endorsement of Nintendo

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

If they wanted to combat that news they'd just replay the Nintendo Minute people who split off saying the company was great and fairly accommodating.

Likely they do not care and it will not make an impact. Advance Wars being delayed is a bigger deal to them, and probably to people overall.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
If they wanted to combat the news they'd release a third color scheme for the Switch menus!!!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

they wouls announce a release date for breath of the wild 2 if they cared

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Resetera is thata way sir

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Lol the sad people in here who would rather workers be treated like poo poo than be denied playing their favorite children's toys. Just loling irl.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Lol the sad people in here who would rather workers be treated like poo poo than be denied playing their favorite children's toys. Just loling irl.

That's right.