Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Canopus250 posted:

Is the primordial jade spear best or even great on anyone? I pulled a second off my standard banner wishes and am thinking I'll just slam them together versus have a second leveled up one.

It's a 5* crit weapon so it's good to great on anyone who does damage. Unless they use blizzard strayer and overcap crit already.

You should definitely not refine it. The tiny gains from bumping the passive up 1 level isn't worth losing an entire 5* weapon unless you're a massive whale with best-in-slot weapons for every character already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

I am not a whale, I just don't have Xiao and Raiden is using my catch right now anyways. I have my first on Rosaria and I just didn't immediately see much value on getting it up to 80 or 90 as well.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

valuum posted:

Some areas of the above chasm makes me sort of dizzy. I apparantly cant stop myself from turning against the slopes when they are steep enough, it just really fucks with my head. But loving it and the aesthetic, if a tad difficult to navigate.

It's kind of weird/neat when you jump and start gliding and just stay equidistant from the ground because the ground is declining at the same rate you are.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Canopus250 posted:

I am not a whale, I just don't have Xiao and Raiden is using my catch right now anyways. I have my first on Rosaria and I just didn't immediately see much value on getting it up to 80 or 90 as well.

The second copy will still be a good weapon for Xiangling, Hu Tao, or any future spear dps character. Especially since Raiden has your Catch so Xiangling can't use that.

Rosaria mostly just uses skill/burst rather than spamming attacks so she doesn't benefit much from extra refinements anyways.

If you feel it's not worth the investment on taking her weapon to 90, she's definitely not worth the investment of permanently destroying a 5* weapon for... up to 8% more damage bonus at max stacks. Most of the value of the weapon is its base stats and not its passive anyways.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Apr 19, 2022

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I wonder if they'll ever release content that needs a third team? If I got a copy of one of my 5 stars, I'd probably refine it. Mostly because the ones I have are such niche use that it's hard to put them on people to being with.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I somehow managed to get two copies of skyward harp and aqulia and i've never really felt the urge to refine either bc 5* weapons are so scarce as a mostly F2P player that I don't want to kick myself for it later :kiddo:

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The second copy will still be a good weapon for Xiangling, Hu Tao, or any future spear dps character. Especially since Raiden has your Catch so Xiangling can't use that.

Rosaria mostly just uses skill/burst rather than spamming attacks so she doesn't benefit much from extra refinements anyways.

If you feel it's not worth the investment on taking her weapon to 90, she's definitely not worth the investment of permanently destroying a 5* weapon for... up to 8% more damage bonus at max stacks. Most of the value of the weapon is its base stats and not its passive anyways.

Cool, that's the brain power I needed really. No reason to not just let it sit in my inventory then for the foreseeable future. Just bummed to pull a dupe of a weapon I don't really have a spot for.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I wonder if they'll ever release content that needs a third team? If I got a copy of one of my 5 stars, I'd probably refine it. Mostly because the ones I have are such niche use that it's hard to put them on people to being with.
It's sometimes nice to have multiple teams built for different purposes without having to swap weapons/artifacts around, I guess?

Could really use more than four saved team slots, though.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Incoherence posted:

It's sometimes nice to have multiple teams built for different purposes without having to swap weapons/artifacts around, I guess?

Could really use more than four saved team slots, though.

Yeah, I'd love it they bumped team slots up to like eight or so. Eight would give me a slot for my main team and then the rest would be element-focused

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I promised to roll a lot on a full favonious banner so I decided to do single pulls until I hit a bell. Hit a bell 16 rolls in, oh well had a good run.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Mix. posted:

I somehow managed to get two copies of skyward harp and aqulia and i've never really felt the urge to refine either bc 5* weapons are so scarce as a mostly F2P player that I don't want to kick myself for it later :kiddo:

I wouldn't ever refine a skyward harp, it's good on too many characters. I would refine the Aqulia, though.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Controversial take: I wished on a weapon banner and I don't regret it.

I got the bell, lots of useful refinements on favonius weapons, and the mistsplitter reforged. :neckbeard:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
You gambled and don't regret it cus you got lucky

the problem is that it sucks when you don't get lucky, since it takes up to 240 rolls to actually guarantee what you want, and unlike the character banner your progress is wiped on banner change so you can't make incremental progress towards an eventual future 5* if you don't have enough rolls saved to do it all at once

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
:monocle: You don't say!

I was gambling for Not the Skyward Spine so my odds were pretty good. I'm not a whale, I just wanted another 5* weapon. Getting the exact banner weapon I wanted is just icing. Very lucky icing. :toot:

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021
I spent a couple thousand resin on pre-farming artifacts for Ayaka, and finished up her set today. It, uhh, seems to have gone well.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I wouldn't ever refine a skyward harp, it's good on too many characters. I would refine the Aqulia, though.

too late ive already built the dupe so both Jean and Bennett are making use of it :v:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'd keep both aquilas for sure, one for Bennett one for Qiqi. Refines really don't do anything for five stars, especially on standard weapons (besides maybe amos).

Sanctum posted:

I got the bell, lots of useful refinements on favonius weapons, and the mistsplitter reforged. :neckbeard:
Yessssss so good.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Sanctum posted:

:monocle: You don't say!

I was gambling for Not the Skyward Spine so my odds were pretty good. I'm not a whale, I just wanted another 5* weapon. Getting the exact banner weapon I wanted is just icing. Very lucky icing. :toot:

Same except trying to dodge a third lost prayers. My spouse got mistsplitter too so it was just a very lucky night in my household, woo.

I was tired of having two five star weapons that was seeing no use whatsoever.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I cursed my luck at my first 5* weapon ages ago being a Skyward Spine but it's not a completely terrible option for Raiden at least since she makes good use of that big ER% substat. I think The Catch is still better in most circumstances but I'm too lazy to do all the fishing required for an R5 Catch so this is fine by me.

Anyways I apparently just have luck fishing for signature claymores given I've gotten both Song of Broken Pines (Eula) and Redhorn Stonethresher (Itto).

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

cranky corvid posted:

I spent a couple thousand resin on pre-farming artifacts for Ayaka, and finished up her set today. It, uhh, seems to have gone well.

:discourse:

Beat out mine. I settled with an ATK % hat instead of a CD hat, but I rolled really well for CD on a substat

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
If you trust keqingmains math, Spine is marginally better than r5 Catch on Raiden, and practically it also makes getting all of the charged hits out under her burst easier.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

cranky corvid posted:

No defense? Trash! :v:

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

I got lucky and landed a Mistsplitter today, but now I'm wondering if I need to completely refarm her Blizzard Strayer equipment because I'm pretty sure at level 90 this sword would way over-cap my crit rate. RIP me.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Harvey Baldman posted:

I got lucky and landed a Mistsplitter today, but now I'm wondering if I need to completely refarm her Blizzard Strayer equipment because I'm pretty sure at level 90 this sword would way over-cap my crit rate. RIP me.

The sword’s secondary is crit damage.

Kale
May 14, 2010

What the heck did they do to apparently break the Teapot furniture placement feature so badly?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Kale posted:

What the heck did they do to apparently break the Teapot furniture placement feature so badly?

The leak we're all currently wondering about.

I heard a post about them moving servers/ changing services, and then the lockdown happened.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Realized I didn't have zoomzoomninja so threw some pulls (30) and now I can sonic around

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You gambled and don't regret it cus you got lucky

the problem is that it sucks when you don't get lucky, since it takes up to 240 rolls to actually guarantee what you want, and unlike the character banner your progress is wiped on banner change so you can't make incremental progress towards an eventual future 5* if you don't have enough rolls saved to do it all at once

Just roll when there’s 2 good weapons on the banner. The PJWS and engulfing lightning banner for example, best weapons for two of my faves, but can be used with a huge roster of others

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

padijun posted:

Just roll when there’s 2 good weapons on the banner. The PJWS and engulfing lightning banner for example, best weapons for two of my faves, but can be used with a huge roster of others
I remember engulfing/unforged and engulfing/moonglow... PJWS has had two unusually good banners though, PJC/PJWS and PJWS/queller. And if the rumors are correct PJWS+Redhorn.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Apr 20, 2022

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the first engulfing banner was with unforged yeah. absolutely no reason i remember this particular fact.

anyway i was shocked that the festival had my wish stock bumped back up to 50-60 already. so i just dumped those into the weapon banner to get fav swords. now i just hope breaking that soft pity later goes well.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Sanctum posted:

Did the same except it was on Ayato's banner, but still... ;)

I have the tendency to throw a 10-pull at the weapon banner every now and then if I have extra primos. Being entirely f2p, I know that this is an absolutely abhorrent use of my primogems. However, knowing that the next banner character was Ayaka (who I already have), I went ahead and rolled the dice.

Pulled a Skyward Spine (now on Xiao) because after over a year of occasional 10-pulls I guess I finally hit the soft pity :rolleyes:

Several days later near the end of the banner I noticed I had another 1600 primos saved up due to the game events and had a "gently caress it, I'm feeling lucky" moment. Went ahead and hit the button and landed Ayato's sword on the 10-pull (also my first character specific 5* weapon).

In conclusion: won the 50/50 on Ayato, really like his playstyle, and got his 5* weapons?

feels good, man

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I also got lucky on Ayato's weapon banner. Had some extra wishes around that I didn't pay for and figured, gently caress it, I'll roll a few times. Lucked out, so now I have Ayato and his weapon.

Of course I also haven't played much lately and am really behind on the story so I'm a long ways away from actually leveling either of them up when I do jump back in... :negative:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
I'm at 35* on the abyss and I've yet to reach 36* so I'm tempted to keep trying. What occurs to me is that even when I get this mistsplitter leveled it will make zero difference. I could do a million damage every attack and it would make no difference. I can't get 3* on the last chamber because I'm not dealing elemental application fast enough. I can clear the ruin guard and whooperflower chambers in ~30s apiece so I definitely have enough damage.

Also I am unable to clear 12-2b without using a 2nd healer/shielder. I checked the abyss tracker and everyone is using mona/kokomi who I don't have. I guess freeze is so good on 12-2b that it's worth dragging a hydro character along for the hydro lector fight.
https://spiralabyss.org/floor-12

Why/how the gently caress are people clearing the first half with Raiden national. 2 pyros characters and Raiden whose skill does no electro application against shielded enemies?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You can do most of 12-2B with an anemo character and a few restarts. I've done it with 4 cryo characters as well.

12-3-1 is very weak to electro as well as hydro, and Xingqiu's application is so overpowered that it's all you really need. 12-3-2 can basically be done by solo ayaka, the worst team I've cleared it with was Ayato+Yunjin+Zhong Li+Ayaka. You can get the pyro lectors to group up by going to 10 o'clock on the arena when the fight starts.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Sanctum posted:

Why/how the gently caress are people clearing the first half with Raiden national. 2 pyros characters and Raiden whose skill does no electro application against shielded enemies?

Xingqiu's hydro application at C6 is literally just that good. I know because that's exactly what I did.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Finally got a decent artifact from one of the new sets. CDMG circlet for the Echoes of an Offering set that started with 4 sub-stats (flat DEF, ER%, EM, CRIT%) and got three upgrades to CRIT% (the other two into flat def lol) for an extra 12.1% crit rate.

Now just need one more decent piece to have a 4pc for that set (flower or goblet, so probably the former).

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sanctum posted:

I'm at 35* on the abyss and I've yet to reach 36* so I'm tempted to keep trying. What occurs to me is that even when I get this mistsplitter leveled it will make zero difference. I could do a million damage every attack and it would make no difference. I can't get 3* on the last chamber because I'm not dealing elemental application fast enough. I can clear the ruin guard and whooperflower chambers in ~30s apiece so I definitely have enough damage.

Also I am unable to clear 12-2b without using a 2nd healer/shielder. I checked the abyss tracker and everyone is using mona/kokomi who I don't have. I guess freeze is so good on 12-2b that it's worth dragging a hydro character along for the hydro lector fight.
https://spiralabyss.org/floor-12

It makes a large difference because you'll cut through the earlier phases faster. You can also group them, then winnow them down quickly, and hit them as soon as they shield up.

I also can't clear 12-2B without a shielder. I brought Ganyu, Mona, Zhong Li and Diona. The cryos were only there for the floor 3, but they both have off field ults that can winnow down shields as well. Make sure you divide your attentions among the 3 so that you can use ability cooldowns to switch targets an optimize hits. I ended up using mona to jumps over to the pyro lector (apply hydro out of her run), drops her skill, hit it with a normal attack, the switch back to the electro lector and try to hit it and the hydro herald at the same time with my attacks.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
Speaking as someone who just cleared Abyss for the first time, :toot: and then only barely, I had to use Raiden national for 12-1-A because that was the only team where I can output damage fast enough to kill all the buffed samurai before they could kill me. I'm guessing that applies all the way up the skill tiers, so for 3 star clears Raiden national is still the fastest.

The downside is that my Hu Tao was stuck with Mona instead of XQ, which only worked marginally.

Interestingly, I found the hardest level to be 11-1 (both halves) and then 12-1-A. Not having Kazuha is really annoying.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm also in the 35* due to element application club, which is odd since i got 36* last time with the same teams. i should just go back through with a team that uses XQ instead of Ayato but i'm lazy and wish you could just retry only specific chambers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I had an easier time last cycle too. This phase's blessing doesn't do much compared to last one's, unless you have an NA hypercarry. Luckily, next one's looks like it'll be strong for most comps again.

Fun fact: The timer can show 6:59 and still give 3* credit. I almost ripped my hair out.

https://i.imgur.com/KLeluZE.mp4

But seriously, gently caress heralds and their erratic movement

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 20, 2022