Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Real hurthling! posted:

pork shoulder is one of the cheaper huge cuts cause its inedible without hours in the oven and about a third of it is a big bone that makes carving nice slices difficult.

they don't want you to know that after a few hours cooking it slides right off the bone and shreds real easy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

imagine if your tendons slid right off your bones. ouch!

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

'tedious' is honestly such a lazy insult, it's something people say when they have nothing to real to criticize and are just trying to be mean / dismissive towards someone

I've been guilty of using it this way before and seeing libs do the same thing has shown me the error of my ways

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

I find Zack Beauchamp's tweets to be tedious

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

pork shoulder is one of the cheaper huge cuts cause its inedible without hours in the oven and about a third of it is a big bone that makes carving nice slices difficult.

yeah was more a general joke about how expensive meat is right now, though I just looked at pork shoulder is $3.99/lb at my nearest grocery store

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

empty whippet box posted:

'tedious' is honestly such a lazy insult, it's something people say when they have nothing to real to criticize and are just trying to be mean / dismissive towards someone

I've been guilty of using it this way before and seeing libs do the same thing has shown me the error of my ways

yeah, same with boring

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

mawarannahr posted:

it'd feel good to me, like how I'll feel when the Democrats get destroyed in 2022

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

one of my favorite ways to antagonize libs is to bait them into the:

"but if you don't vote for Democrats then it'll be YOUR FAULT when A FASCIST CHEETO is in the White House"
"drat if it's that important, maybe they should cater to my interests"
"No, none of your stuff is workable or important"
"Huh okay guess they don't need my vote at all then"
"THEY DESPERATELY NEED IT! THERE'S GONNA BE A FRICKIN CHEETO IN THE WHITE HOUSE!"
"drat they should do something to earn my vote if I'm so important."
"NO ALL YOUR WANTS AND NEEDS ARE UNWORKABLE GARBAGE"

cycle.

A related fun one is:
"national elections aren't gonna matter once Republicans get enough state houses to get an article v convention going"
"lol that's not important, no one's ever done it and there aren't rules or process or anything"
"huh okay guess you guys don't need my vote anyway since there's nothing to worry about"
"A FASCIST CHEETO WILL BE IN THE WHITE HOUSE IF YOU DON'T"

if you want a full yosemite sam tantrum add on:

"actually if i think about it, trump got a new kind of vaccine out in record time, made sure everyone could get it, and he sent me a good-sized check, trump was pretty good for me..."

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth has issued a correction as of 18:37 on Apr 19, 2022

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

"but if you don't vote for Democrats then it'll be YOUR FAULT when A FASCIST CHEETO is in the White House"
"THEY DESPERATELY NEED IT! THERE'S GONNA BE A FRICKIN CHEETO IN THE WHITE HOUSE!"

a tale as old as time

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hobbesmaster posted:

yeah was more a general joke about how expensive meat is right now, though I just looked at pork shoulder is $3.99/lb at my nearest grocery store

yeah its like a mountain of pork plus you get a big pot of soup from the bone for 12 bucks

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

VBNMW people are literally the consoomer meme

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

amuse me peasant, but with the correct worldview that comforts me conveniently

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

cycle.

A related fun one is:
"national elections aren't gonna matter once Republicans get enough state houses to get an article v convention going"
"lol that's not important, no one's ever done it and there aren't rules or process or anything"
"huh okay guess you guys don't need my vote anyway since there's nothing to worry about"

"actually if i think about it, trump got a new kind of vaccine out in record time, made sure everyone could get it, and he sent me a good-sized check, trump was pretty good for me..."

It also rules because one of my interests they declare unrealistic and unworkable is “not destroying global society through climate change” oh sorry, that’s not a realistic or important enough goal, but golly it’s soooo important we stop the republicans or else they might do it slightly faster

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

One thing I've been looking forward to is election night I want to see the Dems glassed

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

"no comment on whether you're right or wrong, not going to engage on anything substantive, too overwhelmed by how boring you are, be better"

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/therecount/stat...ingawful.com%2F

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cycle.

A related fun one is:

liberals flip the gently caress out and start saying poo poo to me on twitter like calling me a pedophile/groomer, literally saying I "like to suck putin's cock"(discussion had in no way been about russia/ukraine and it had not been mentioned in any way), accusing me of being a russian bot, calling me names, and my personal favorite, saying that I "obviously am not a minority because I sound white", all because I disagreed with them - without any kind of insults towards them - about whether biden has helped people or not. It's really incredible how quickly they became indistinguishable from maga hats.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/MartyMakary/sta...ingawful.com%2F

:cenobite:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

is pepsi ok posted:

VBNMW people are literally the consoomer meme

lol :piss:

Facehammer
Mar 11, 2008

cycle.

My favourite part is that sometimes if you make it explicit enough that your vote has a price that they don't consider acceptable to pay, then suddenly they don't want it any more and they're perfectly happy to go it alone without you.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

lmao one of the libs i know is doing victory laps about agencies having to weigh climate impacts before approving projects again.

that's it, that's what they got

no, they won't do fewer highways and pipelines

BUT they'll have to do a climate impact assessment checkmate leftailures

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

if we’re going to do nothing we should have less of that red tape. If we’re going to just say gently caress it then actually build mega city one or whatever dystopia you want

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Facehammer posted:

My favourite part is that sometimes if you make it explicit enough that your vote has a price that they don't consider acceptable to pay, then suddenly they don't want it any more and they're perfectly happy to go it alone without you.

giving people what they want in exchange for votes is cheating, so asking to get something you want in exchange for your vote is corruption

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

lmao one of the libs i know is doing victory laps about agencies having to weigh climate impacts before approving projects again.

that's it, that's what they got

no, they won't do fewer highways and pipelines

BUT they'll have to do a climate impact assessment checkmate leftailures

what climate-related victory could the democrats love more than having an official process for approving things that have a negative climate impact? the process and the institutions are what matters

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

they've got more important covid related measures to focus on, such as

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Wolfy posted:

I find Zack Beauchamp's tweets to be tedious

Downright pedestrian if you ask me

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

lmao

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I hope that lots of them go maskless in the White House.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

cycle.

A related fun one is:

Another fun one is to discuss this on a population level. Like even if you go out and vote that's not really going to change much about the Democrats recurring voter enthusiasm levels. They ought to do something about that instead of moralizing on twitter about whether it's right or wrong that people don't get around to voting in a country that makes it as tedious as possible.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

mawarannahr posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9bW4qauva8

quote:

When it gets too hot for comfort, and you can't get ice cream cones,
Tain't no sin to take off your skin and dance around in your bones.
When the lazy syncopation of the music softly moans,
The polar bears aren't green up in Greenland, they've got the right idea.
They think it's great to refrigerate while we all cremate down here.
Just be like those Bamboo Babies, in the South Sea tropic zones,

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7C1O1tNGks

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Platystemon posted:

look..that's different. the president must be protected from covid. the rest of you...well....just don't worry about it :)

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Platystemon posted:

That’s up to them. :shrug:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lastgirl posted:

That’s up to them. :shrug:

I guarantee it's not lmao

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

goon project: let’s get the COVID thread to walk into congress donning their respirators

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Nah.

Going unmasked in the White House is the one policy that the left, right, and center can agree on. :v:

quote:

Face masks will be available when entering the White House complex for those who choose to wear them.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/visit/

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Platystemon posted:

Nah.

Going unmasked in the White House is the one policy that the left, right, and center can agree on. :v:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/visit/

I thought people close to biden were still being made to mask and poo poo? or did they really drop that too? if so lmao clock's ticking you old bitch

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Says who :shrug:

They all follow the cdc correct? :crossarms:

Also guess what

that’s up to them:shrug:

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I hope biden goes out like stan chera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
whatever will happen to the democrats in november, it won't be enough.

every last one of these loving scolds need to be reminded of their manifold failures until they draw their last breaths, soon may it be.