Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I thought that was in this one? Haven't seen it yet
His fiancée tells him to grow one to cover up scars he got in WW1, but there's no explanation for why it looks like a bird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Cubone posted:

I hope someday we can find out the mustache's origin story

he gets it right after his grand old multiverse adventure with the other Poirots. that's a story for another time... but perhaps that time is coming soon *wink*

e:

Rageaholic posted:

His fiancée tells him to grow one to cover up scars he got in WW1, but there's no explanation for why it looks like a bird.

god that's even dumber. gently caress you kenny

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I thought that was in this one?

*spits out coffee*

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

anyone staying overnight at disney in the special star wars hotel paying for additional services is rich enough to deserve to get fleeced while also not noticing or caring? i guess?

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
stevemre1989 needs to just branch off into reviewing old packets of cigarettes since the newer ration packs don't include them like they did in vietnam

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

*chokes half to death on mildew filled cigarettes

nice

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

That DICK! posted:

anyone staying overnight at disney in the special star wars hotel paying for additional services is rich enough to deserve to get fleeced while also not noticing or caring? i guess?

While there are freaks who go to Disneyland all the time, for a lot of people it is a once in a lifetime splurge. Disney markets it as a place where magical family memories that will last a lifetime are made, and plenty of families save up to make the trip.

Sure, the added cost of the Star Wars hotel does put it out of range of most people, but let's not act like it's just Tiktok millionaires. In the videos Jenny posted there are plenty of kids running around. Maybe a lot of them are child Tiktok millionaires. But I think it's safe to assume that some of them were also families for whom this trip represented a very large expense.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

ok well, seems we agree on the big stuff and just have some minor disagreements about the point at which a theory machine concocting a star wars child would become jammed

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Yeah I never got the love for m+c. It was okay, for a period piece.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Cubone posted:

what is everybody talking about when they say this?

it definitely still felt unresolved to me when riddler was arrested, and the scene where he goes to see him reveals there's more going on, which leads right into discovering the plan, which leads right into the flood

everybody keeps saying there was an obvious better end point in there somewhere and I don't see it

I've got to say, I felt like the flood scene is where they resolved the central character arc, with the tension with what Batman believes he's accomplishing vs what would actually help people finally coming to a head
when the riddler's friend, the riddler, says that his name is vengeance, and batman realizes that vengeance is stupid and decides to electrocute himself to keep the innocent people below from getting electrocuted. I thought that was pretty tidy, almost like a real movie. he sees a dark reflection of himself and realizes he's been fighting for the wrong thing, so he grows as a person and gets a defining action to show it
I kind of agree with you that it needed an ending, but I don't think the ending we got fit the movie. The character growth could have happened in the Arkham visit.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Scaramouche posted:

Yeah I never got the love for m+c. It was okay, for a period piece.

It's okay to be dead inside.

That's actually more a bonus these days, in our modern hellworld.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

and another thing, why didnt batman cut the electrical cable below where he was holding on?!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Murdstone posted:

I kind of agree with you that it needed an ending, but I don't think the ending we got fit the movie. The character growth could have happened in the Arkham visit.

nodding thoughtfully

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The best Batman ending is the Arkham Knight video game where former Robin reveals Batman's secret identity and then if you play post-game all the goons on the street make fun of you for being the richest man in the world and playing dress up crime fighter with all your money.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

The best Batman ending is the Arkham Knight video game where former Robin reveals Batman's secret identity and then if you play post-game all the goons on the street make fun of you for being the richest man in the world and playing dress up crime fighter with all your money.

Bruce Wayne is so owned by the experience he apparently fakes his own death.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

that really was the best batman in retrospect, just running people down with his cattle prod car in a post-post-apocalyptic gotham

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

poo poo sucks, Marge

As the owner of seasons 1-10 DVD sets, this looks about right.

I had to check what that S12E18 green spot was. It was Trilogy of Error: "Homer's rush to the hospital to reattach his thumb, Lisa's rush to school to win the science fair, and Bart's run-in with an illegal fireworks scheme are interconnected in a parody of Go and Run Lola Run." Yeah that was a fun episode.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
if i was president it would be illegal to make a movie longer than 1.5 hours

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

Actually the best part is not a single broad opens her yap the whole movie, putting it solidly in the dudes rock category.

M. Stoklasa probably

Shows what you know, there were a bunch of sexy ladies coming out on boats when they stopped to resupply before going around Cape Horn.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

lobsterminator posted:

As the owner of seasons 1-10 DVD sets, this looks about right.

I had to check what that S12E18 green spot was. It was Trilogy of Error: "Homer's rush to the hospital to reattach his thumb, Lisa's rush to school to win the science fair, and Bart's run-in with an illegal fireworks scheme are interconnected in a parody of Go and Run Lola Run." Yeah that was a fun episode.

Gonna check out S29E21 to see what the fuss is all about

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
All of you peeps watching Patman should just watch Army of Darkness twice and then spend the remaining 15+ minutes reflecting on this.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I agree with all those films in the perfect movie list and would add Ghostbusters. It’s a perfect weird comedy blockbuster.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Eastbound Spider posted:

he's being dramatic because he's an theater kid at heart

Well yeah, his parents were shot outside of one

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The Lost City, FKA “The Lost City of D” (way better title!) is a Romancing the Stone-type comedy with Channing Tatum and Sandra Bullock. Looks pretty good tbh. Sonic 2 is good.

Oh, so it's a magic mike spinoff

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The Lost City, FKA “The Lost City of D” (way better title!) is a Romancing the Stone-type comedy with Channing Tatum and Sandra Bullock. Looks pretty good tbh.

gonna request you have that skull examined tbh

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hackers film 1995 posted:

and another thing, why didnt batman cut the electrical cable below where he was holding on?!

because he was really stupid. The entire film he just stands around while characters tell him stuff he should know by now. film sucks!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

it wouldn't be pulled taut enough to cut without his weight on it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

real batman would have anti-cable spray in his pouch

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I checked which one that one red spot in season 9 is, it's the musical clip show episode.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

a chart having a 6.5 out of 10 as "bad" is dumb as gently caress

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

a chart having a 6.5 out of 10 as "bad" is dumb as gently caress

Yes, a hundred point scale is completely unnecessary.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Now a 6.4 out of 10? That's a real stinker.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

game review scores have broken nerd’s brains

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

game review scores have broken nerd’s brains

I give this post an 8.8

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Blew the apostrophe placement, 2/10

*pushes glasses up nose

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Would you want a surgeon with a 65% success rate?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

great comparison champ

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Thanks

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Lmao Netflix share values have crashed and their subscription rates are going down. The solution they have come up with is "adding ads" and/or harassing account sharers.

Nowhere in their strategy is "have good shows"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
what do you mean, the strategy of giving bags of money to adam sandler and dave chappelle and raising subscription prices isn't working?? must be account sharing that's to blame.