Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

there was an italian football (soccer) board game that looked kind of interesting, but base pledge was 70 euro for 2 teams with a deck of cards for each, and you had to pay 40 euro to get 12 extra teams. plus extra for more cards to do things like play a through ball.

straight from the developer's comments:

quote:

hi Justin, to get the complete game, you need to add the additional decks: these include 20 new strategy cards (i.e.: not included in the core decks) + 6 playbook cards (allowing you do activate specific "combos" like triangle, through ball, off-side trap etc.)! :)

117 euro for the complete game with all the teams :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Infinitum posted:

I'll have to ask him about it one time. Reckon he'd be able to flip it for a pretty penny.

The models are incredibly bad. Palladium literally just sent 3d models of what they wanted the finished product to look like and then couldn't understand why that's not acceptable. No accounting for scale, undercuts, etc.

There's also very little variety in what they produced vs. what was promised, so it's mostly just a bunch of copies of the same handful of models. And they basically couldn't give them away. I think the big box went down to $20 or $30 and still wouldn't sell out for a very long time at retailers.

I am a big fan of Macross and was stupid about getting hyped and ignoring Palladium's reputation, so I ended up not getting about $500 worth of my order.

Big lesson learned, there.

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020

ilmucche posted:

there was an italian football (soccer) board game that looked kind of interesting, but base pledge was 70 euro for 2 teams with a deck of cards for each, and you had to pay 40 euro to get 12 extra teams. plus extra for more cards to do things like play a through ball.

Yeah I saw it too. I was mildly interested until it got to the point that it was an asymmetrical game with only two teams in the base game. You would have to have a very well designed game to have two totally different teams and call it football.

Luckily I have Soccero, so my football-gaming-needs are satisfied for the most part.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Never trust Kevin Siembieda.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SpikeMcclane posted:

I am a big fan of Macross and was stupid about getting hyped and ignoring Palladium's reputation, so I ended up not getting about $500 worth of my order.

Big lesson learned, there.

Big oof there.

Talking about Robotech reminded me that my mate also backed Stellaris which was estimated to ship this month... and yeaahhhh months between updates.
From memory I did try and steer him towards Eclipse as I have TI

It's why if I'm recommending something here I generally only do so if all the vibes with the campaign seem good.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Azubah posted:

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Azubah posted:

Yeah, very glad I never went past the basic pledge on Robotech. Those minus are never getting assembled.

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

Infinitum posted:

Big oof there.

Talking about Robotech reminded me that my mate also backed Stellaris which was estimated to ship this month... and yeaahhhh months between updates.
From memory I did try and steer him towards Eclipse as I have TI

It's why if I'm recommending something here I generally only do so if all the vibes with the campaign seem good.

I watched this campaign but didn't back it. It never really grabbed me, like if I want to play Stellaris I'll play Stellaris. My friends have in on Steam too so we could play multiplayer!

Also I already have TI4 and Eclipse 2nd Dawn.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm interested in the DC Deck-Building KS but I am unable to figure out if the new stuff is going to be like the original flavor or Rebirth, which added some things like movement and was co-op. In theory they're compatible with each other but in practice it's very eh.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

High Tension Wire posted:

Yeah I saw it too. I was mildly interested until it got to the point that it was an asymmetrical game with only two teams in the base game. You would have to have a very well designed game to have two totally different teams and call it football.

Luckily I have Soccero, so my football-gaming-needs are satisfied for the most part.

soccero looks kind of cool. Would be nice to give it a try

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

ilmucche posted:

High Tension Wire posted:

did you check out https://gamefound.com/projects/portalgames/eleven-football-manager-board-game

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020

That is way too many bits and pieces to kick a ball around 😅

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The pledge manager for Weather Machine opens up later this week. Probably a good way to get some Vital Lacerda & Eagle Gryphon games on the cheap.

quote:

Additional copies of Weather Machine (KS Edition)
Weather Machine Metal Machine Parts
Additional Weather Machine Metal Nobel Prizes
The 9 Art Playmats shown in a previous Update
On Mars: Alien Invasion expansion
On Mars (KS Edition)
On Mars Beacon Promo
Kanban EV (KS Edition)
Escape Plan (KS Edition)
Mercado de Lisboa
Lisboa Deluxe (KS Edition)
Lisboa: Queen Variant
Lisboa Metal Coins
Vinhos Deluxe (KS Edition)
The Gallerist (KS Edition)
Rococo Deluxe w/ Expert Tailoring Expansion
Rococo Deluxe Metal Coins
A Very Limited Number of Weather Machine Signature Decals

I've been waiting for this for a bit and will likely be grabbing Weather Machine, Kanban EV, and Rococo Deluxe.

If you're curious you can also check out Vital Lacerda's next game 'Inventions: Evolutions of Ideas' out on Instagram

-------------------------------------------

Autobahn launches this week, and is another game I've been looking forward to. Likely going to back if the price is right.

Interestingly a whole bunch of games are launching on Gamefound this week, so perhaps it's time to change the thread title to 'TG Crowdfunding Thread'
- Sleeping Gods: Distant Skies is a standalone sequel to Sleeping Gods.
- Space Lion is a card battle that will make you go "huh, is that Steampunk Samus Aran?"
- Lawyer Up: Season 2 adds more to the 1v1 Pheonix Wright court room action game
- Great Wall Reprint for all your Awaken Realms mini needs.

-------------------------------------------

Good preview of the new edition of Ra that's also coming soonish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTw6HewMebg

25th Century Games, who are publishing Ra, are rumoured to also be doing a new edition of Tigris & Euphrates.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Infinitum posted:

Interestingly a whole bunch of games are launching on Gamefound this week, so perhaps it's time to change the thread title to 'TG Crowdfunding Thread'

I'm phone posting right now so I can't, but this seems like a good idea to be honest. If I don't hear any strenuous objections I'll change it next time I'm in front of a proper computer.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Got this in from the Kickstarter. Haven't tried it yet, but can confirm it looks like someone shook a pepperoni pizza into the empty box.

Some people were complaining it was mold but I'm not convinced. And there was no packaging so some of the minis got snapped :\

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What happened?

Can you post photos of minis and the inside of box out of curiosity?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I don't have any before of the minis, since I just assumed that they weren't going to have replacements and glued them:

The rest thankfully were fine, but the quality of the minis at least seems like mold injected, seems like someone just sanded the bottom of the base of the minis a bit with a belt sander before throwing them in a bag (too straight of sanding lines)

Not really complaining about that, since I want to try and paint them later, just an observation

Anyway, this is the "mold" the backers are talking about :

Maybe it's hard to see but it's all over the inside of the box. Just looks like the inside of a pizza box to me :shrug:

edit: also they promised sleeves for US/CAN backers for being so delayed but there's no such item in the boxes.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Apr 19, 2022

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That looks like more machine grease/oils to me. So probably the cheapest manufacturers they could find.

:rip: sorry your game turned like that

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Got this in from the Kickstarter. Haven't tried it yet, but can confirm it looks like someone shook a pepperoni pizza into the empty box.

Some people were complaining it was mold but I'm not convinced. And there was no packaging so some of the minis got snapped :\

Hi fellow Adele goon!

My box had the same marks inside and one of my space people had a snapped wrist, but otherwise fine. I'd be interested to see what you reckon when you've had a game or two; I did a test run and thought it was pretty cool, and there's several variants I'd like to try.
The biggest issue for me was that because they were trying to accommodate a few languages on a budget, most tokens etc don't have any text, so there's a lot of going through the rulebook to work out exactly what you're looking at / what this computer token does and how it differs from that computer token.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

My BoardGameTables Playmat finally arrived today :neckbeard:

Comes in its own carry case when not in use

Only slightly wider than my current table

Almost as long. This is a Large Playmat which is 107 x 168 cm

It's very thick and pretty heavy. It ain't going anywhere.
Colour is great. I didn't like how light their Blue and Green offerings were.

Pretty much perfect for what I'm after!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Autobahn is live. Backed for a buck. Planning on going all-in.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alleycatgames/autobahn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV4cPXXUX8E

Check it out if you're into Brass Birmingham

------------------------------

Late pledge for Hamlet is also now live and is only open until the end of April (10 days!)
https://hamlet-the-village-building-game.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Apr 19, 2022

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
I am truly perplexed by the success of Old Gods of Appalachia - I'd never heard of the podcast before and now want to check it out, but the Cypher system is, at best, enh and the 30-page primer that they released for download is the most generic interpretation of what might otherwise be interesting source material. It is the definition of a mediocre product based on potentially good IP somehow grabbing a quick mil.

Can someone cast a nicer shine on it than I can? What am I missing here, if anything?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
It's getting really heavily advertised on Facebook, that's for sure.

I dunno, seemed generic to me.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
That one struck me as odd, too. I don't know anything about Cypher, but Old Gods seems like a tough setting to tell RPG stories in. I don't do a lot of Lovecraft stuff, so I don't know how common "yeah, you're hosed, but at least make it interesting before you get murdered" is in that space either. But like, the first season is just "yeah, humans pissed off something that would have been best left alone" with one exception of the witch sort-of getting one over on the stag-demon.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
It's also weird to me that the creators of the podcast are mentioned heavily on the Kickstarter page and even autographing the deluxe copy but are otherwise not writing a word of the materials. I don't know, man. A lot of acquaintances are backing it and I'm just not seeing what they are, apparently.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Memnaelar posted:

I am truly perplexed by the success of Old Gods of Appalachia - I'd never heard of the podcast before and now want to check it out, but the Cypher system is, at best, enh and the 30-page primer that they released for download is the most generic interpretation of what might otherwise be interesting source material. It is the definition of a mediocre product based on potentially good IP somehow grabbing a quick mil.

Can someone cast a nicer shine on it than I can? What am I missing here, if anything?

People really like OGoA, and Monte Cook is really good at selling his name.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

is this like dcc chained coffin/manly wade wellman stuff?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Hollandia posted:

Hi fellow Adele goon!

My box had the same marks inside and one of my space people had a snapped wrist, but otherwise fine. I'd be interested to see what you reckon when you've had a game or two; I did a test run and thought it was pretty cool, and there's several variants I'd like to try.
The biggest issue for me was that because they were trying to accommodate a few languages on a budget, most tokens etc don't have any text, so there's a lot of going through the rulebook to work out exactly what you're looking at / what this computer token does and how it differs from that computer token.

I am just now noticing they claimed to have "robot and spaceship minis" on the kickstarter, did you get those? I got five astronaut meeples lol

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

How is Sleeping Gods? The gamefound for the stand alone sequel has the original and expansion both piecemeal or in a relatively pricy bundle with the exclusives. I've thought about picking it up a few times but unless it's really good I'll probably pass, we've got plenty to play for now.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

bagrada posted:

How is Sleeping Gods? The gamefound for the stand alone sequel has the original and expansion both piecemeal or in a relatively pricy bundle with the exclusives. I've thought about picking it up a few times but unless it's really good I'll probably pass, we've got plenty to play for now.

We all liked it a lot but it's not transcendentally good or anything.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.

bagrada posted:

My group and I are really enjoying it, but it definitely has its issues. The sequel having fewer characters to manage and significant changes to the command economy looks like it might make things a little tighter, less STUFF everywhere which would definitely take my opinion from, like, an 8/10 to a 9/10.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Good title change for thread.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Speaking to Potatocubed and I'll also be putting together a new thread.

So if there's something you would like to see in a new op let me know.

If y'all have any recommendations of companies to avoid that would also be helpful.
I'm pretty good at upcoming board games, but wouldn't know where to start for TTRPGs or Minis

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

New mega mini boardgame KS just dropped. I normally wouldn't post it but the video is really, uh, something. Check it out. It's full of half naked classic fantasy "barbarians" so borderline :nws:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1162110258/anastyr

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

New mega mini boardgame KS just dropped. I normally wouldn't post it but the video is really, uh, something. Check it out. It's full of half naked classic fantasy "barbarians" so borderline :nws:

That looked fine for work for me, if I scrolled that through at work to show my boss I doubt he'd think anything of it :shrug:

I think I was expecting like, Gor or something

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There's different levels of work safe, obviously if you work in the dildo and vibrator factory you can get away with more than if you're doing chartered accountancy.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

The Moon Monster posted:

One of the heroines is sensibly dressed, is that progress?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

The Moon Monster posted:

Not too sure about this one especially as i'm still waiting for HEL

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
The video is definitely pretty weird but on the hierarchy of bad taste, that one isn't too bad. It's pretty generic conanish sword and sorcery stuff. The artist is a long time sword and sorcery artist that did work for MTG, Zombicide, and lots of other things. The whole game is very much in his art style. It's definitely very much fantasy pinup art but more tame than a Conan comic. I think there's more issues with how white the game is than anything sexualized.

The gameplay itself does not look fun so definitely not backing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Memnaelar posted:

That podcast has 6,609 Patrons: https://www.patreon.com/oldgodsofappalachia

The easy explanation for why it is so successful is that most of those people want cool things related to the podcast.

I've only listed to the first few eps so far, but it is pretty good actually if you like Lovecraftian style things (but they go out of their way to say their stuff is NOT mythos related, fwiw, it definitely is the same vibe tho)

---

The second piece is there are plenty of people that love the Cypher System. It is my favorite system, for example. And this is the first setting in this style that MCG has done for it. That alone would not be getting them this level of success. This is their biggest kickstarter ever, by leaps and bounds now. So again, the patrons for the Podcast have to be doing a lot here.