Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Centrist Committee posted:

I hope biden goes out like stan chera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Centrist Committee posted:

I hope biden goes out like stan chera

I hope biden goes out like budd dwyer

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bedpan posted:

I hope the entire democratic party goes out like bud dwyer

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I hope that future figures are refered to as "going out like the democrats in 2022"

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

having one party will make america a lot more straightforward

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

two parties are twice the freedom of one party and four times the bother

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

we’re all wondering this one thing: did you uncorrect it to bud or did the other poster correct it to budd?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

bedpan posted:

I hope biden goes out like budd dwyer

Budd Dwyer took a bullet to ensure that his wife would be financially secure.

He was more of a man than Joe Biden will ever be.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wasn't budd dwyer in fact innocent?

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I hate to burst the thread's bubble, but the democrats are NOT going to get destroyed in 2022 because they've been holding an ace card since 2019:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

empty whippet box posted:

wasn't budd dwyer in fact innocent?

a coconspirator turned states witness wrote a book that said that, but after that some local journalists pointed out a bunch of stuff ripping that book to shreds.

so, probably guilty?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mawarannahr posted:

we’re all wondering this one thing: did you uncorrect it to bud or did the other poster correct it to budd?

Hell, maybe. I am neither a particularly smart man nor a proficient phonetyper

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Slamhound posted:

I hate to burst the thread's bubble, but the democrats are NOT going to get destroyed in 2022 because they've been holding an ace card since 2019:

lol this always amazes me. it sounds stupider than most parodies of it.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Slamhound posted:

this and "a hundred and twenty qualifying payments" are maybe the best summaries of the democrats' priorities

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob

Slamhound posted:

Just imagine the assembly line of focus groups, donors, and consultants this beauty went through to get that perfect mirror polish of insipid uselessness. Could make a good Schoolhouse Rock! episode

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Slamhound posted:

lol reading that again I realized - maybe I'm a little slow here - that she even says "forgiveness program" which 100% means that you do all that poo poo and then you apply for forgiveness and roll the dice that they don't numbers fuckstein you into paying off all the debt anyway

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
also that program is somehow even less generous than hillary's dumbass proposal in '16

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

numbers fuckstein

:henget:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
the Dems will ascend to their final form shortly before the midterms rendering this all moot

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

if you want a full yosemite sam tantrum add on:

"actually if i think about it, trump got a new kind of vaccine out in record time, made sure everyone could get it, and he sent me a good-sized check, trump was pretty good for me..."

It's this that's the best. Unless you're economically secure in a major city on the coasts nearly every single person can literally say that Trump was materially better for them. It's completely inarguable.

There's simply no coherent retort for Trump did more than Biden for people, even the losers and the haters. The only question is whether whatever particular lib you trigger with this tactic is willing and able to weather their personal declining material conditions purely for aesthetics.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

lol reading that again I realized - maybe I'm a little slow here - that she even says "forgiveness program" which 100% means that you do all that poo poo and then you apply for forgiveness and roll the dice that they don't numbers fuckstein you into paying off all the debt anyway

I listened to a podcast recently - maybe propublica? - where they were following people counting the days until they hit their 10 years of public service so they qualify for debt forgiveness, dreaming about luxuries like going to the dentist, until the government/banks are like NAH just kidding gently caress you! Legitimately heartbreaking stuff.

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

evilpicard posted:

I listened to a podcast recently - maybe propublica? - where they were following people counting the days until they hit their 10 years of public service so they qualify for debt forgiveness, dreaming about luxuries like going to the dentist, until the government/banks are like NAH just kidding gently caress you! Legitimately heartbreaking stuff.

So I had two years of payments that magically don’t count (same job, same hours, no explanation why they don’t count) and I applied for an appeal…. Now I have two and a half years of payments that don’t count. :(

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nodelphi posted:

So I had two years of payments that magically don’t count (same job, same hours, no explanation why they don’t count) and I applied for an appeal…. Now I have two and a half years of payments that don’t count. :(

drat...shoulda voted

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

quote:

US forgives 40K student loans....

...The U.S. Department of Education has canceled student loan debt for 40,000 people and offered credits to help another 3.6 million pay off their loans under a plan announced on Tuesday.

quote:

Tuesday's actions will bring more than 3.6 million borrowers at least three years closer to receiving forgiveness through what's known as the income-driven repayment program, or IDR. The program, which offers four types of repayment plans, allows borrowers to avoid loan default by lowering their monthly payments based on their income and family size.

IDR also promises loan forgiveness after 20-25 years of payments are made.

quote:

Biden has canceled $17 billion in student loan debt.

quote:

43.4 million borrowers are carrying about $1.6 trillion in outstanding student loans"

The math checks out. The democrats are going to get destroyed.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
20-25 years of payments lmao

once it's destroyed your life and drained your potential in your most productive and healthy years, we'll consider letting you out

maybe

vote for us

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Student loan debt is indentured servitude with extra steps, deliberately so, in order to bolster military recruiting while guaranteeing the necessary supply of sufficiently educated knowledge workers for the modern economy while preventing any meaningful social mobility and breaking the back of any sort of student protest movement, let alone any sort of labor organizing in the "professional" class while allowing capital to cut that "professional" class off at the knees.

People are getting into six figures of debt going to med school only to graduate and get paid $20/hr as ER doctors working in hospitals owned by private equity companies, hoping against hope that they'll be one of the tiny fraction of people who actually ends up getting PSLF but either way spending the next 30 years chained to a single profession and likely a single employer, because any attempt to improve their situation by changing either jeopardizes their chance of getting that debt forgiven before they loving die.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
there are hospitals recruiting doctors now who are making them sign non-competes, which effectively chains you to that employer unless you can afford to move to a new state and start over

at least that poo poo doesn't work in california

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I have no trial experience, but if appointed as a judge, I will rule those noncompetes invalid and unenforceable as contrary to public policy

The Democrats won’t do this because they actually love screwing the public in the service of corporations.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

hailthefish posted:

Student loan debt is indentured servitude with extra steps, deliberately so, in order to bolster military recruiting while guaranteeing the necessary supply of sufficiently educated knowledge workers for the modern economy while preventing any meaningful social mobility and breaking the back of any sort of student protest movement, let alone any sort of labor organizing in the "professional" class while allowing capital to cut that "professional" class off at the knees.

People are getting into six figures of debt going to med school only to graduate and get paid $20/hr as ER doctors working in hospitals owned by private equity companies, hoping against hope that they'll be one of the tiny fraction of people who actually ends up getting PSLF but either way spending the next 30 years chained to a single profession and likely a single employer, because any attempt to improve their situation by changing either jeopardizes their chance of getting that debt forgiven before they loving die.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

hailthefish posted:

Just wanna scream rn thanks

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

Just wanna scream rn thanks

have you considered starting an etsy store to monetize your hobbies??

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

have you considered starting an etsy store to monetize your hobbies??

My dad no poo poo linked me an article two days ago on that, “dropshipping” for passive income

Telling me I need to get entrepreneurial before considering and focusing on an unrelated field. I feel suffocated rn, just wanna learn something meaningful, worthwhile and doesn’t contribute to social ills without having to bark and clap like a trained seal to make sure I’m worthy of continuing education because reasons. Legitimately just better off applying to an international program. All of this is entrapment and I’m gonna scream rn

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

could someone explain to me what dropshipping is

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

THS2 posted:

could someone explain to me what dropshipping is

you're just a pass through. the customers order from you, but all you do is take their money and then place an order with a supplier who actually makes and ships the product to the customer. so your role is making a real nice website and doing marketing/sales

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

christmas boots posted:

the Dems will ascend to their final form shortly before the midterms rendering this all moot

They'll announce that they were republicans this entire time?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

camoseven posted:

you're just a pass through. the customers order from you, but all you do is take their money and then place an order with a supplier who actually makes and ships the product to the customer. so your role is making a real nice website and doing marketing/sales

Is it like "search arbitrage" where you're getting money from people who don't know how to use the internet? Why would someone order from you in this case?

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Nodelphi posted:

This same poo poo happened to me. I SHOULD be nine months away from getting my loans forgiven since I finally got my old job/payments accounted for. Instead...six more years, WOOO

Rhandhali
Sep 7, 2003

This is Free Trader Beowulf, calling anyone...
Grimey Drawer

30.5 Days posted:

Is it like "search arbitrage" where you're getting money from people who don't know how to use the internet? Why would someone order from you in this case?

They think they are just buying from Amazon/Etsy/eBay/whoever, it’s not really obvious that the seller you are dealing with is dropshipping or not.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

many people are saying it!

https://twitter.com/RateMySalad/status/1517176904499015682?s=20&t=sh2Sqh7Mb8Nj-2voDsus2Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
love to do an afghanistan again