Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the federal Election
This poll is closed.
Labor Majority 48 42.48%
Labor Minority 29 25.66%
Liberal Majority 3 2.65%
Liberal Minority 12 10.62%
UAP Majoirty 21 18.58%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 28 hours!)

hambeet posted:

Hmmm marry Katter….

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 28 hours!)

i have been warning you all

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

... is that the dude whose alpaca got mauled to death by a pitbull while he was taking it for a walk with a mental health patient as therapy?

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

https://i.imgur.com/IJybu8Z.mp4

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

The Peccadillo posted:

... is that the dude whose alpaca got mauled to death by a pitbull while he was taking it for a walk with a mental health patient as therapy?

No

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Oh it's not even ACT. I completely forget what our electorates are called and just assumed there was a North Canberra one called Braddon due to Braddon being a place

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

It looks like Pauline Hanson has purple hair on that guys broche

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Have they changed candidates? I swear there's been a different guy twirling a One Nation sign in Upper Burnie who I stick my finger up at when I drive past.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

He looks more like the candidate for Yavin IV

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
so was he named after the boardgame?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Katherine Deves is a drama

I don’t want to write this. I swore to myself that I would not address Katherine Deves in any way. It’s unbearably irrelevant to an election campaign with a backdrop of existential national threat.

But, alas, the idiot media is now obsessed with it so I am now forced to ask why? Is it trans people? Is it Millennials. Is it identity politics? Is it policy formulation? Is it a moral crisis?

It is none of the above. There is no proposal or policy change to discuss. It is what we can label a “drama”. A fabricated and emotive shitfight that serves the ends of the person that started it as a distraction, an instrument of coercive control or bullying.

That is, it serves the interests of “Psycho” Morrison by enraging loons of the left and right. Corrupt media of the right follows its leader. Useful idiots of the media left buy-in. This creates a chaos of unreason and hysteria that, ironically, makes Morrison appear a centre of stability as the group he leads tears itself apart.

This is a personality disorder substituting for governing in the national interest.

https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2022/04/katherine-deves-is-a-drama/

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

i wonder who the loons on the left are when it comes to trans issues...

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Tokamak posted:

Straight white cis men with a chip in their shoulder on Twitter, trans people are cool and don't mind, if they exist at all

Same mindset as Tarrant or whatever "roaches stealing our culture"

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Apr 20, 2022

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
remember the macrobusiness guy thinks we should invade the solomon islands and has negative insight on any issues unrelated to economics

do not at all think that the infighting over deves makes morrison look 'stable'. morrison just wanted a background culture war over trans rights without caring about winning warringah, but apparently no one in the party paid enough attention to realise exactly how deranged she was - the current line is that the private company hired to vet candidates had no idea about her twitter account because she deleted it before the vetting. this seems pretty believable because if morrison had gotten a less deranged candidate (good luck finding a single issue transphobe who's capable of that though) who just said "i just have concerns about trans women playing sports" over and over then it wouldn't have had the liberal moderates up in arms anywhere near as much, while still fighting the same terrible culture war.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

That was the plan yeah, she's expected to tank it but'll itroduluce Terfy stuff in the process

How cool!

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

lih posted:

remember the macrobusiness guy thinks we should invade the solomon islands and has negative insight on any issues unrelated to economics

Also the Five Eyes kinda blundered that one

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

It's all a ploy to allow the US Marines to re-fight Guadalcanal and prove they needed their own F35 and not need any tanks to do it.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

The f 35 is more weird that it's janky and falls out of the sky all the time in that they have predator drones that can do missile strikes on Pakistan with a joystick in Nevada from pretty close to space

The gently caress're they for

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/abcnews/status/1516605288379392003

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-20/guide-dogs-victoria-karen-hayes-political-endorsement/101001154

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Won't take the guide dogs long to sniff this one out.

lih
May 15, 2013

quote:

Sportsbet has opened betting on Debate Bingo ahead of tonight's forum.

The online bookmaker expects either Scott Morrison or Anthony Albanese will say "climate change" ($1.01), closely followed by "Jobseeker rate" ($1.10), "mismanagement" ($1.12) and "Soloman Islands" ($1.17).

betting markets update

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Tokamak posted:

People who think we are spending too much time on things like the gays and people with disabilities, we have a climate emergency! we can't pay attention to refugees because they don't care about the climate!

if we only campaigned on climate issues and nothing else then surely we would win parliament because 90% of Australians agree with us on climate change!

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

The Peccadillo posted:

Also the Five Eyes kinda blundered that one

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Drink everytime albo says he was raised in public housing

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Drink everytime albo says he was raised in public housing

Bloody hell people, don’t do this. Alcohol poisoning is serious.

Edit: the only thing more dangerous is having a drink every time the phrase “Jenny and I” is used

Capt.Whorebags fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Apr 20, 2022

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Watching the Leaders Debate as Scott Morrison and Labor leader Anthony Albanese go head-to-head in Brisbane

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Bargearse posted:

I once walked right past John Howard in a Parliament House hallway when I was 11.

My aunt taught Sam Dastyari

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Wizard Master posted:

Watching the Leaders Debate as Scott Morrison and Labor leader Anthony Albanese go head-to-head in Brisbane

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Now let’s go to the coalition plants in the room….

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I'm watching Hard Quiz and one of the subjects is Hitler and one is Fortnite. It's totally poggers.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

The Peccadillo posted:

The f 35 is more weird that it's janky and falls out of the sky all the time in that they have predator drones that can do missile strikes on Pakistan with a joystick in Nevada from pretty close to space

The gently caress're they for

To funnel money to their mates in the MIC

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I'm watching Hard Quiz and one of the subjects is Hitler and one is Fortnite. It's totally poggers.

bazongle

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Fortnite guy just got rekt by an Agatha Christie expert who looks like Colonel Sanders

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

I’d like to know what the carbon emission cost is for Sky to re-animate Graham Richardson’s corpse.

Ol Sweepy
Nov 28, 2005

Safety First
Just want to say it was refreshing of Skynews to change up programming by having two old white dudes yelling about immigrants.

lih
May 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/matttburke/status/1516717282126594049

entity119
May 13, 2003
Memory can change the shape of a room; it can change the color of a car. And memories can be distorted. They're just an interpretation, they're not a record, and they're irrelevant if you have the facts.
nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

:siren: gaffe :siren: