Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Dares is also a 6-man activity, so chances are either someone else brought anti-champion gear or 3 or 4 people will burn it down faster than its gimmick can save it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
A six player activity with infinite heavy, no less. Six gjallys make champion mods irrelevant.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

champions didn’t bother me once the mods were moved to armor instead of the weapons themselves, but started bothering me again now that the awful crafting system incentivizes using red border or crafted guns as much as possible which might not line up with the mods available this season. but that’s less of an issue with champs than crafting

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Kith posted:

lightbearer hive are cool and fun to fight
I absolutely love them and they are a great example of an enemy that's fun to fight. It's a fun challenge with a specific solution that changes the balance of a fight in an interesting way.

A champion is just a ballache. Barriers can stall and wear down timed encounters, unstoppables are a big ball of HP you have to waste time on and Overload champs are RNG elementals who either go down instantly if you have the right abilities up or just teleport past your cover and maul the poo poo out of you.

Just saw this on twitter:

https://twitter.com/Kujay_/status/1516782824795172865?t=9OSnKquK7EiOZZusOSySxA&s=19

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Kith posted:

champions are poo poo

match game is poo poo

they are two poo poo tastes that taste worse together

send tweet

Checks out.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Pirate Jet posted:

Shayura’s is going away after this season, so, that.

I've already got a DSR/KC Shayura's that I'm satisfied with. No alacrity, but I'm not so worried about that that I want to dump a ton of engrams into it.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
if you enjoy either void grenadelock or peregrine titan, a golden tricorn shayura's is obscenely good in pve

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'd spend every Engram I had on Shayura's until I had a Corkscrew, Accurized, Range MW with some combination of KW/MT/PM and AJ/KC/Elemental Capacitor for PvP

For PvE there is simply no better void SMG in the game than a KW/PM with Golden Tricorn

It's the MVP, GOAT, SSS-Tier highlight-of-the-year trophy Weapon and it's going away forever and ever and ever, so I wouldn't settle for less until you've got a 5/5 roll!!

RIP to your legendary shards tho. I'm down from 22k to 8k this season due to trials engrams :negative:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i got really trashed one night during freelance trials and scored a snapshot/killing wind/corkscrew shayura's and assumed i was blessed by Bacchus himself

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Sounds like as long as you head into Master Vow equipped with Void//Solar and prepared for both champion types you’ll be fine. Datto was running smg/glaive/machine gun for parts and doing fine.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
datto is also a lot better at playing this game than i am, though

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Reiterpallasch posted:

datto is also a lot better at playing this game than i am, though

Not good enough to get that world first though.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

xzzy posted:

Not good enough to get that world first though.

I kind of have respect for Datto even without a worlds first his team have been in the running for every raid.

In D2, starting with Eater he has:
Eater- 18th
Spire - 11th
Scourge - 20th
Crown - 2nd
Last Wish - 3rd
Garden - 14th
DSC - 12th
VoG - 25th
Vow - 2nd

Thats quite a consistent list.

Kith posted:

champions are poo poo

match game is poo poo

they are two poo poo tastes that taste worse together

send tweet

:hmmyes:

Restrictions for loadouts are annoying, but tbh toning down champions to be less annoying is the answer, starting wtih Overloads being stunned on the first shot from a SMG/AR. I think a mod like "primary overload" "secondary overload" or something of the sorts would go down well, as even paired with match game it opens your loadouts up.

My last suggestion: All supers break all champions, regardless of type. Well/Bubble don't count obviously.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Man, it feels like PvP Connection Quality is at a franchise low right now. The rubber banding and teleporting and whiffed shots and melees are getting cray cray

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Man, it feels like PvP Connection Quality is at a franchise low right now. The rubber banding and teleporting and whiffed shots and melees are getting cray cray

PvE hasn't actually been much better. It's especially noticeable in both if you get any cross-play players since that seems to add a ton of extra lag both ways.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I've noticed a lot of enemy teleporting, and not the overload champ kind. Clip down a hive acolyte and then suddenly they're on the other side of the rock at 75% health.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
https://i.imgur.com/zeDw6Ik.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/3nYjPYH.mp4

tacit
Aug 1, 2002

Horsebanger posted:

I think a mod like "primary overload" "secondary overload" or something of the sorts would go down well, as even paired with match game it opens your loadouts up.

yeah something like this will be key now we can fully unlock the entire artifact - ie if you choose to grind your balls off you'll then have more options/playstyles available to you as the reward.

However the downside to this is that it would result in another case of "play the same old activities but in the new season for the grand reward of . . . getting back to where you were in the last season" which starts to feel pretty pointless after a while. So they'd need to do things like incorporating more of the seasonal activities into the leveling game in order to keep the core gameplay feeling fresh.

Otherwise it's just going to amplify the boredom from players taking the same best in slot loadouts season after season - which is why they probably introduced seasonal mods in the first place. Because no matter how boring it is, the broader playerbase is always going to run whatever is perceived to be the most optimum regardless of the fun factor.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I just hope all this forces them to redesign how armor works. The four (sometimes five) mod slots we have to work with are getting seriously oversubscribed. Bungie likes to claim that it promotes buildcrafting but all it actually does is delete options from the game because more important stuff will take precedence.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Master Vow should drop Adept weapons for each encounter and Master Vow raid armor should have Artifice Armor slots (either instead of raid mod slots or it’s artifice armor slot can accept raid mods.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I think I'm going to have to fortify for a moment and get grinding for adept armour, the utility of the extra mod slot for the arms and chest in particular looks crazy.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I just want more high armor rolls which is the game so loving stingy with high armor rolls

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Bust Rodd is correct and I refuse to buy the 30th anniversary poo poo because of it.

I also didn’t buy the season pass and I’m lazily just enjoying the content I have available.

Buying everything the game tells you to buy is for suckers.

This is an old post but imma go even further:

You literally can’t win Destiny 2 unless you buy the base game, and you can’t beat Witch Queen unless you buy the expansion. It’s pay to win bullshit all the way down bro

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

This is an old post but imma go even further:

You literally can’t win Destiny 2 unless you buy the base game, and you can’t beat Witch Queen unless you buy the expansion. It’s pay to win bullshit all the way down bro

Correct, this game wishes it was FF14.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I just want more high armor rolls which is the game so loving stingy with high armor rolls
Someone said you're more likely to get high stat armour if you put on a ghost mod guaranteeing 10 in an individual stat, it seems to bump the stat floor. There doesn't seem to be any way of focussing for a particular high stat (or multiple stats) on umbrals like there used to be though, which kind of makes umbrals far less useful.

There are a couple of activities which say they guarantee high stat armour, but it doesn't feel like I've seen anything over about 65 since arrivals. Now Xûr is fixed, some of his legendaries are dropping with 60-65 rolls, so there's that at least. .

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Are you not using the War Table to decrypt engrams for armor? It gives high stat rolls almost every time, and they're genuinely high stat (63-68). Occasionally you get a stinker, but 75%ish of the rolls are in the high range.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/51250

biiiiiig twab

-some glaive buffs including to the exotics, and some clarification on how bungie wants them interact with various buffs and perks

-stability and resiliance grant flinch resistance

-changes to airborne accuracy, changing from more randomness to less aim assist, and a new stat that effects this. some subclass and exotic armour also effects this stat
--- stompees has a huge detriment to airborne effectiveness stat

-some yawn looking changes to playlist dropped weapons

-nerfs in pvp to empowering rift, high energy fire, inertia override in order to reduce some one shot capabilities

-scav mods disabled in pvp

-nerfs to shotgun and fusion range, snipers get some handling boosts, fusion archetypes adjusted, buffs to trace rifle (in pve?)

-buffs to autos and pulses, smgs except nerf to multimach and shayura

-pve buff to machine guns, less of a buff against bosses (xeno and grand overture receive no buff vs bosses)

-precision rockets nerf, adaptive and aggressive buff

-buffs and nerf reversions to fighting lion !!!

-boss and champ damage buff for eyes of tomorrow

-big buffs for leviathan's breath

-reverting the rpm changes to xenophage

-pvp nerf but pve buff for le monarque

-changes and buffs to skyburner's: now looks pretty solid for airborne shenanigans

-last word kb+m buff

-arbalest damage nerf vs champions (still breaks barriers in one hit)

-graviton lance catalyst now has vorpal

-qol change to grand overture

-buffs to coldheart, prometheus lens and wavesplitter
---wave splitter is most dramatic, now longer cycles damage, instead does the middle tier always, goes up to max after orb pick up, orb pickup also grants suppression

-lord of wolves range nerf to go with the other shotgun nerfs

-nerf to full choke, buff to smoothbore, nerf to opening shot
-pve buff to desperado, could show up on more pulses
-air assault coming back and now relevant (we'll see...)
-mulligan buff only for primary weapons
-compulsive reloader buff (but I think not in a way that will actually help)
-adagio nerf but only for shotguns

-axion bolt cooldown nerf
-titan barricade w/ bastion void aspect cooldown nerf
-offensive bulwark grenade cooldown nerf in pvp
-whisper of chains pvp nerf
-honkin huge cooldown and pvp nerfs for renewal grasp

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Apr 21, 2022

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Coldforge posted:

Are you not using the War Table to decrypt engrams for armor? It gives high stat rolls almost every time, and they're genuinely high stat (63-68). Occasionally you get a stinker, but 75%ish of the rolls are in the high range.

I didn't realize it was that high. Maybe I should bite the bullet and buy Witch Queen and pay for a season...

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

TLDR:

-Airborne effectiveness is now a weapon stat. Weapons have different intrinsic values and it can also be affected by perks, mods, exotic armor, and subclass abilities

-Flinch is now controlled by a weapon's stability stat, again with contributions from perks, mods, exotics, and subclass. High flinch resistance will have a high opportunity cost

-Glaive buffs, including exotic glaive unique perks

-Scavenger mods no longer work in PVP. You now get at most 1 special round per kill, no exceptions. Various other tweaks to eliminate the most common and easiest to proc special ammo one-shots in PVP

-Faster handling for all snipers, with reduced bonus from Snapshot

-Skyburner's Oath might actually be good now

-The 3 original trace rifles (coldheart, prometheus lens, wavesplitter) have new unique perks

-Some weapons are scheduled for removal from drop pools in seasons 17 and 18

-The "bug" from a couple of weeks ago where adept weapons drop while playing on a seven-win trials card is now sanctioned and permanent, only with a less than 100% chance to happen

haveblue fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 21, 2022

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

You can access the war table with just the season pass i think. The first few Witch Queen missions are free so that everyone can try the relic, start the season and access the throne world so it makes sense.

E: obviously if you like it you should then buy the Witch Queen because it's really good.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I can't think of a single change in the twab I'm not excited for. Lots of great changes. I guess maybe the titan shield nerf is a little heavy? But I tend to use rally barricade with void anyway.

Wavesplitter was good, but now it's probably shot to the top of the pack.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Apr 21, 2022

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Bro i'm tyring to play other games and they keep doing this. All those sound exciting.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
not that i'm complaining in the slightest, but did le monarque really need a buff? it's one of the most popular champion-crackers in the game whenever bows have a mod, because of the way the poison continues to keep champions down

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Most of the Le Monarque changes seem to be about making it less oppressive in crucible first and not worse than it used to be in PVE second

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The writing is on the wall for Sunspots to get their damage bonus dropped to 15%

j3rkstore
Jan 28, 2009

L'esprit d'escalier

Mazerunner posted:

-buffs and nerf reversions to fighting lion !!!

Waiting for the Kith post on this

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Special ammo nerf in PVP should have happened 4 years ago. It’s been way too easy to use a secondary as a primary in PVP for way too long.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Glad Skyburner's getting buffed; I love its aesthetic

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Someday Bungie will learn how to balance Hunter exotics differently for pvp and pve

But today is not that day. Imagine getting to play anything other than tether…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

hahahahahahaha