Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Silly Burrito posted:

Pelicans won!!!!

It starts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

Silly Burrito posted:

Pelicans won!!!!
It sucks so much but worth it staying up late on EST to watch them play even more so winning. They just do not quit and I would love to be in the blender for Friday night

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/web3isgreat/status/1516551189260816388?s=20&t=qqAPjw-Q6f1ET9yHPZND2Q

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I feel like I am going loving insane.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

https://twitter.com/web3isgreat/status/1516551981204221962

But it’s totally a usable currency and not a horrible kind of stock, you guys

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I have been high on Nikki Fried for a long time because she seems like a legit chance to take down Desantis. She is the Agriculture Commisioner in Florida and highest elected Dem. Agriculture Commissioner in Florida is super powerful and a lot of random poo poo falls under her office, like guns. She is suing the Biden administration over the ban on MMJ users being prohibited from gun ownership. That move along with Desantis tripping over his own dick on things like Disney make me think she actuallynhad a chance and isnthe rare Democrat that actually knows how to do politics.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I hope so. They’re going to raise property taxes on all owners in Orange and Osceola county by a huge amount today when they strip Disney of its special district. Right now Disney already pays property taxes to the counties while fully funding their internal emergency services. That will now be 100% the county’s responsibility with no increase in funding. Like wise, bonds that Reedy Creek is currently paying will become the responsibility of those respective counties and the taxpayers therein.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I would love to see a Dem running on a platform of getting marijuana taken off the 4473 form, but since the party is so anti-gun that a concession like that would be a sign of weakness.

The federal government needs to get off its rear end and just legalize marijuana.

Happy 4/20. :2bong::350:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

harperdc posted:

https://twitter.com/web3isgreat/status/1516551981204221962

But it’s totally a usable currency and not a horrible kind of stock, you guys

Imagine getting that tip in Bitcoin and holding on to it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's the transaction fee that really gets me.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

LeeMajors posted:

It’s basically feudalism with better sanitation and creature comforts, and with just a soupçon of upward mobility. Just a whiff. As a treat.

So basically feudalism with all the problems inherent with feudalism solved.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Up-N-Down Burger

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

I hope so. They’re going to raise property taxes on all owners in Orange and Osceola county by a huge amount today when they strip Disney of its special district. Right now Disney already pays property taxes to the counties while fully funding their internal emergency services. That will now be 100% the county’s responsibility with no increase in funding. Like wise, bonds that Reedy Creek is currently paying will become the responsibility of those respective counties and the taxpayers therein.

Doing The Thing You Must Never Do As A Republican Politician to own the libs

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Reed Hastings is blaming password sharing for the fact that Netflix is losing subscribers, not, y’know, the fact that 90%+ of the stuff they’ve produced recently has been dogshit:

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1516701221792501764?s=20&t=ugDESDiKo-NG4v-xAdO8gw

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Freaquency posted:

Reed Hastings is blaming password sharing for the fact that Netflix is losing subscribers, not, y’know, the fact that 90%+ of the stuff they’ve produced recently has been dogshit:

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1516701221792501764?s=20&t=ugDESDiKo-NG4v-xAdO8gw

I couldn't name a Netflix exclusive that I've been really into in the past few years, but then again I'm not much a TV guy. JJBA kind of counts I guess but that's available elsewhere.

I know there's a trailer out for the final season of Stranger Things, are people still excited for that?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I figured netflix was so big they just started getting themselves packaged into other packages to build their user base. Like I setup a t-mobile family plan, and now we just have netflix. I think it's... Amex that has a plan that just pays for 2 streaming services including netflix as part of their benefits package.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Netflix also suspended service in Russia which meant they lost like 700k subscribers. Netflix seems to put out just enough to keep people interested. Squid Game, Stranger Things, and then a slew of various movies and one or two will be popular. I’d like to cancel Netflix, but my wife wants to keep it around.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

https://twitter.com/s2hotty43/statu...ingawful.com%2F

Well

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Whatever doesn't blame gas execs is fine by me!! They are sweet and pure innocent.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Kalli posted:

I figured netflix was so big they just started getting themselves packaged into other packages to build their user base. Like I setup a t-mobile family plan, and now we just have netflix. I think it's... Amex that has a plan that just pays for 2 streaming services including netflix as part of their benefits package.

For Amex its a $20 credit to your account each month for almost any streaming service. Mine covers XM radio for 2 cars.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Kalli posted:

For fancy platinum members :monocle:

not plebs with blue.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

swickles posted:

I have been high on Nikki Fried for a long time because she seems like a legit chance to take down Desantis. She is the Agriculture Commisioner in Florida and highest elected Dem. Agriculture Commissioner in Florida is super powerful and a lot of random poo poo falls under her office, like guns. She is suing the Biden administration over the ban on MMJ users being prohibited from gun ownership. That move along with Desantis tripping over his own dick on things like Disney make me think she actuallynhad a chance and isnthe rare Democrat that actually knows how to do politics.

after she refused to support the min wage ballot measure last cycle and pushed to get it shot down (which she of course walked back) she's dead to me. such a garbage florida dem move, too enthralled by the idea of being a reasonable republican to actually do a thing wildly popular with the people. that and there hasn't been a dem governor since i was a child so im going to assume that'll continue along until something genuinely groundbreaking occurs.

Freaquency posted:

they were due for a leveling off of subscribers in 2020/2021 but COVID massively pumped subscriber numbers for a bit. now they're on the backend of that surge and the fundamentals are reasserting themselves. they've essentially tapped out the US market and get most of their growth overseas, they now have a ton of competition so its even harder to continuously grow their subscriber count and that new competition also means they've lost a lot of great content back to the original publishers.

they're still wildly wildly successful, we just have a dumbshit system where if a company is not continuously growing it must be a failure of some sort

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Netflix has probably become my least watched streaming service as of late. Basically majority of the time has been Hulu, followed by HBO Max, Disney+, and I guess Apple TV for Ted Lasso and Severance. I don't really have any shows on there that I watch.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I made an I'll advised bargain with my gf that involves us watching the first 6 seasons of Supernatural, so my Netflix is getting used rather heavily

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Netflix only ever seems to recommend random southeast Asian soap operas to me these days? Which, like, cool, I hardly take issue with them being available, but I’ve never once watched one or expressed interest, if that’s all they’re gonna offer it’s just not for me.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

LeeMajors posted:

Lmao word for word, you read my mind

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
My mom and partner are still big on Netflix so I haven't cancelled it. I'll probably get Hulu soon and we already share a Disney+ account so it's the last thing I really need. I also haven't lost my piracy skills from my giant anime fan days and have put them to use but when I can pay for stuff I do.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

swickles posted:

Whatever doesn't blame gas execs is fine by me!! They are sweet and pure innocent.

Oil industry is straining against supply chain and job market issues as it tries to ramp up, just like basically every other industry. So Covid is somewhat to blame.

Honestly I've been pleasantly surprised how oil-friendly the Biden admin has been since the Ukraine war started, to the extent that I'd probably be comfortable voting for him in 2024.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

General Dog posted:

So basically feudalism with all the problems inherent with feudalism solved.

lol besides throwing some creature comforts and sanitation at the masses, the US has just rebranded all the old tools of exploitation.

It’s not conscription! It’s the GI bill! We even have a plague for posterity!

We are literally the product in this country to be mined for profits via debt servicing. I’m not saying we exist in serfdom, but let’s not pretend capitalism is at all interested in the greater good.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Tulalip Tulips posted:

My mom and partner are still big on Netflix so I haven't cancelled it. I'll probably get Hulu soon and we already share a Disney+ account so it's the last thing I really need. I also haven't lost my piracy skills from my giant anime fan days and have put them to use but when I can pay for stuff I do.

Hulu does have that package with Disney and ESPN+ where you get all three for like $20 I think. ESPN+ might not be for everyone but I love the hell out of it for the college baseball access

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
what does ESPN+ offer exactly? ive never really understood the pitch on that one

oh also supposedly Apple will be taking over Sunday Ticket from DirectTV next year.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Far right v Disney lessgoooo

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1516815673271410689?t=AV7zupDrYnpz_BK4034FPg&s=19

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

seiferguy posted:

Netflix has probably become my least watched streaming service as of late. Basically majority of the time has been Hulu, followed by HBO Max, Disney+, and I guess Apple TV for Ted Lasso and Severance. I don't really have any shows on there that I watch.

Hulu is big #1 for me but hot dang Disney+ has been catching up because they have been putting out some quality animal documentaries.

There’s a 2021 documentary series solely on whales and it freaking owns!!! Watch it! Everyone!

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

General Dog posted:

Oil industry is straining against supply chain and job market issues as it tries to ramp up, just like basically every other industry. So Covid is somewhat to blame.

Honestly I've been pleasantly surprised how oil-friendly the Biden admin has been since the Ukraine war started, to the extent that I'd probably be comfortable voting for him in 2024.

well if that's not the most damning indictment of the biden administration

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Relentlessboredomm posted:

what does ESPN+ offer exactly? ive never really understood the pitch on that one

Couple of odd games here and there, Peyton’s place and the like but mainly I just use it to read some of the articles that they have behind the plus paywall on their website.

And for the love, just someone offer Redzone/NFL Network for a low monthly fee without anything else.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Silly Burrito posted:

Couple of odd games here and there, Peyton’s place and the like but mainly I just use it to read some of the articles that they have behind the plus paywall on their website.

I'd assume ESNP+ will now absorb all of ESPNU content too since that's going away, if you want to watch like random Army or East Carolina games or whatever.

They also have a ton of their punchy sports stuff I'm pretty sure. What MMA they have rights to, boxing, etc. I would imagine they have the rights to the college level olympic type sports in certain conferences if that's interesting to anyone.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
A few hockey games are broadcast nationally on ESPN+ too, which is extremely annoying since their announcers suck. The TNT announcers are decent.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

JPrime posted:

well if that's not the most damning indictment of the biden administration

drat it I was gonna post this exact thing

The supply constraint on oil could be ended tomorrow if the saudis decided they wanted to, but high oil prices are, as always, ridiculously profitable for them, so why would they?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

I know this guy just reposts stuff from Bloomberg but I'm not seeing it on their feed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
One of my friends up in Seattle just got an EV Jeep and raved about it on my group chat, especially taking it off-road.

Plot twist: he's a pretty darn good Toyota dealership salesman.