Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
jimmy stewart as george bailey giving the speech explaining bank reserves to prevent a bank run only instead of explaining bank reserves it's the john galt speech

SubG fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Apr 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

quote is not edit

a bad snipe made even worse

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Boxturret posted:

look in real life bank runs are bad because the banks don't physically have 1:1 every dollar that's in someone's bank account on hand

in real life bank runs were addressed by passing ~regulations~ establishing the FDIC, which effectively acts as run insurance

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Erenthal posted:

now there's apes involved i hear???

yes the person walking in and stealing the laptop is wearing a gorilla suit so they're even harder to spot

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

He could have protected his personal data by putting everything on blockchain. No wonder he's in trouble now.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Zamujasa posted:

the entire network runs on :gas:

zycoin b

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

SubG posted:

jimmy stewart as george bailey giving the speech explaining bank reserves to prevent a bank run only instead of explaining bank reserves it's the john galt speech
For five years, you have been asking: Where is Binance? This is also not Binance, we are Binance.us.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i recently read this book that's just a short collection of transcripts from a guy who paid $3000 for a publicist for his book, who wound up being the dumbest idiot imaginable. he put the transcripts in this e-book to try to make up for the $3000 a tiny bit.

anyway the part relevant to the thread is:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/MNateShyamalan/status/1516922643810861056

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
sooo, can I sell my healthcare nft for profit? that's the only reason why nfts exist after all

once I sell my healthcare nft does that mean the owner has all my various illnesses?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

oh it just gets you in to an exclusive club where you can talk to live, real doctors!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

and they also promise that some of the money that they raise will go to a charity (to be decided upon by a dao)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
World famous doctors:
- Dr. Watson
- Dr. Jekyll
- Dr. Moreau
- Dr. Higgins
- Dr. Van Helsing
- Dr. Lecter
- And last but not least, Dr. Buckaroo Banzai

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

hey, hey, hey. don't be mean. you don't have to be mean. because remember, no matter where you go, all your apes are gone

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

what the gently caress is wrong with america?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
2017:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Boxturret posted:

oh it just gets you in to an exclusive club where you can talk to live, real doctors!

not just any doctors - youtube doctors with lots of instagram followers!

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

I was like "oh come ON that has got to be a fake someone whipped up today" but nope, right there in google's cache:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:8PVqgRLF0O0J:https://twitter.com/binance/status/925627752975294464

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

:stare:

well then

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
literal screenshot from my phone right before I posted

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Chris Knight posted:

literal screenshot from my phone right before I posted

lol it's deleted now so they were quick after it was discovered

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
n a t e

https://twitter.com/NateDiaz209/status/1516854895164354561

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i can't believe elon mush, hero of bitcoin and new owner of twitter,allowed this to happen

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

infernal machines posted:

well you see the goal is to not be the loving idiot left holding the bag, therefore,

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
they also changed the swastika to a globe

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Someone in PSP posted about how Woke Diaz Brothers is one of the most unexpected things ever to happen in MMA.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shumagorath posted:

Someone in PSP posted about how Woke Diaz Brothers is one of the most unexpected things ever to happen in MMA.

nick and nate have always loving owned

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

graph posted:

nick and nate have always loving owned
:hmmorks:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

infernal machines posted:

lots of things op

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1516945903327891460

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
huh. well that's certainly something

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Boxturret posted:

look in real life bank runs are bad because the banks don't physically have 1:1 every dollar that's in someone's bank account on hand

with bitcoin though everything's blockchain and trustless and pier to peer so fractional reserve banking can't happen, but we still can't allow a bank run because

be your own bank run

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i thought they were supposed to sing while masked

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Four Seasons Total Landscaping

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i just see a man speaking the words of a song with a completely naked face, I want my money back

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Boxturret posted:

i just see a man speaking the words of a song with a completely naked face, I want my money back

the mask refers to rudy's flesh mask that makes him appear approximately human

Cheese Thief
Oct 30, 2020
My homeboy at work showed me his crypto holdings and he's at $98,000. He said he had 200 grand but lost 100 grand of it when xrb or whatever dropped. I don't know if this is for real or not but I might buy something

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

ah yes, if there's anything that makes me want to buy bitcoin its being shown that someone lost half of their fortune

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Boxturret posted:

ah yes, if there's anything that makes me want to buy bitcoin its being shown that someone lost half of their fortune

Massive cash rewards cometh after the fall.

Cheese Thief
Oct 30, 2020

Boxturret posted:

"I didn't even care I lost that 100 grand bro it's not like I worked for it you know." it's kind of stupid huh. This other dude was telling me he don't mess with crypto because the gov taxes 40% of it. Sounds like a major pia to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Cheese Thief posted:

I don't know if this is for real or not but I might buy something

if you think that's cool maybe i can interest you in some of these magic beans, they also may or may not be real!