Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

mawarannahr posted:

i sent a friend masks in the mail cause i worried that she was working with the public when the pandemic kicked off. she got divorced and we got together and we’ve been enjoying not getting COVID. thanks bona fide I don’t know if I could have pulled this move without the masks

*folding a dozen Auras into roses to bring to a first date*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
that apocalypse goons whole post is peppered with true crime red flags lol

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Zugzwang posted:

Having kids during covid definitely increases stress but is mostly fine. The worst part is knowing that the leaders of the country truly do not give a gently caress if your kid winds up dead or disabled, and they will only pay lip service to THE CHILDREN to win political points with their rube voter bases.

i can protect myself and don’t have any dependents. the thought of having a small child that trusts me having to go get infected with Covid over and over seems horrible from the outside. also worse for my health

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

mdemone posted:

news:

views: lol, lmao

that's a second derivative changing sign quickly, is what that is

also if you can look at that and not think "driven oscillation" then I'm sorry

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

U-DO Burger posted:

oregon publishes data on breakthrough cases every week month and lol at that massive leap in the breakthrough death ratio when omicron hit

https://twitter.com/wsbgnl/status/1514310301864239105?s=20&t=P_nKHQSubCKk0Prtg-Ecsw

All the replies say things like “But the sizes and the demographics of the two groups are different! You can’t use this as a proxy for vaccine efficacy! And why don’t you break out boosted versus unboosted!”

These are all fine points, but what these numbers do show, in their raw form, is that these vaccines. Do. Not. End. This. Pandemic.

The vaccine fairy could jab everyone secretly in the night, and COVID would still be much worse than any flu the world has faced in a century.

America’s strategy has failed. I said it would fail in early 2021, and it has.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

holy poo poo the apocalypse enjoyer throwaway first post :eyepop:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

mdemone posted:

also if you can look at that and not think "driven oscillation" then I'm sorry

i look at that chart and think "that hot dog is almost as big as the ones in people's femoral arteries after getting COVID"

ApocalypseEnjoyer
Apr 20, 2022

by Hand Knit

Sex Arse of Calais posted:

may your titers be maxed and your words reach the eyes of the bossiest, swolest ex-con of your dreams

Hey now, my standards aren't too high here. If there's any assertive covid-free ladies out there who are interested but worried they can't measure up in other departments, we can always lift weights and do crimes together.

- ApocalypseEnjoyer#8958, come for the romance, stay for the gains and arson

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

cdc just chuckling and saying "haha youre probably fine covid is not an extremely novel and mutating virus that means our gambit on vaccines doing the hard work instead of us really didn't pay off at all and we're all hosed...or maybe it is! you won't hear that from us."

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

bi crimes posted:

i can protect myself and don’t have any dependents. the thought of having a small child that trusts me having to go get infected with Covid over and over seems horrible from the outside. also worse for my health
This is situation-dependent of course, but I’m much more concerned about getting infected via my kid once she eventually goes to school (she’s only 8 months, so I have some time) than vice-versus. I wear only good masks, and the only kind of exception I will make re: never, ever demasking in public is when I go get my photo ID taken soon. Wifezwang is the same.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

ApocalypseEnjoyer posted:

Lol

In b4 new thread rule banning personals

When my significant other had to choose between her highly succesful, highly well paid career and her personal health, she made a very novel choice: flipping both off, moving back in with her sister, and doing hard drugs. I was hosed up about it for a long time, but hey, no children to take care of and it made more sense than all these masks off parents with young kids. Now their problems are over. At least it made it easier for me to move on.

It's the apocalypse so it's time to adapt and survive. Holla at me single ladies. I'm a geeky slob who lives in a rural area in a red state and who has cracked every single one of his pings, and I'm no millionaire, but I got multiple houses, dozens of acres of farmable land, and more than enough wherewithal to only share air with people of my choosing for the rest of my life.

For awhile now I've enjoyed my paradise alone while watching society fracture into irretrievable madness. If you like, let's try and bond over cackling as the world burns and absolutely turning our backs forever on friends and family who try to shame and drag us into permanent disability alongside them. I'm a bigtime outdoorsman and former world traveler. I have a good network of online friends I previously met in some spicy air while traveling and a handful of trustworthy non-chud local people. I enjoy building houses with a friend; you can mostly sit in the shade and watch me work if you prefer. I'm discussing going into business with a few interested people, but I would rather my partner be my partner, yknow?

420 24/7, all other substances get treated like they're covid. Bossy ladies with muscles and criminal records get preferential treatment, but I like all kinds. ApocalypseEnjoyer#8958, let's literally videochat in our respirators.

Hopefully this ten dollar bill will let me skip talking to dozens upon dozens of clueless women and be worth the money and the hassle of all the psycho nerds gearing up to stalk me.

Speaking of which, pay attention, virgins: you'll have to try and troll and own me on discord cuz I'm outta here. No time for whatever the hell it is you do here.

My thanks though to the wonderful people in this thread (and this thread alone) who've been providing life-saving information and support to total strangers for years while the rest of society fails so spectacularly that it's surprising to even the most coldhearted cynic. Maybe in a decade or two when everyone else is dead or wheelchair-bound and drooling, we'll throw a party on the grave of America. Good luck out there.

Lmao

post your respirator+microphone+speaker fit

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Lol

When my significant other had to choose between her highly succesful, highly well paid career and her personal health, she made a very novel choice: flipping both off, moving back in with her sister, and doing hard drugs. I was hosed up about it for a long time, but hey, no children to take care of and it made more sense than all these masks off parents with young kids. Now their problems are over. At least it made it easier for me to move on.

It's the apocalypse so it's time to adapt and survive. Holla at me single ladies. I'm a geeky slob who lives in a rural area in a red state and who has cracked every single one of his pings, and I'm no millionaire, but I got multiple houses, dozens of acres of farmable land, and more than enough wherewithal to only share air with people of my choosing for the rest of my life.

For awhile now I've enjoyed my paradise alone while watching society fracture into irretrievable madness. If you like, let's try and bond over cackling as the world burns and absolutely turning our backs forever on friends and family who try to shame and drag us into permanent disability alongside them. I'm a bigtime outdoorsman and former world traveler. I have a good network of online friends I previously met in some spicy air while traveling and a handful of trustworthy non-chud local people. I enjoy building houses with a friend; you can mostly sit in the shade and watch me work if you prefer. I'm discussing going into business with a few interested people, but I would rather my partner be my partner, yknow?

420 24/7, all other substances get treated like they're covid. Bossy ladies with muscles and criminal records get preferential treatment, but I like all kinds. ApocalypseEnjoyer#8958, let's literally videochat in our respirators.

Hopefully this ten dollar bill will let me skip talking to dozens upon dozens of clueless women and be worth the money and the hassle of all the psycho nerds gearing up to stalk me.

Speaking of which, pay attention, virgins: you'll have to try and troll and own me on discord cuz I'm outta here. No time for whatever the hell it is you do here.

My thanks though to the wonderful people in this thread (and this thread alone) who've been providing life-saving information and support to total strangers for years while the rest of society fails so spectacularly that it's surprising to even the most coldhearted cynic. Maybe in a decade or two when everyone else is dead or wheelchair-bound and drooling, we'll throw a party on the grave of America. Good luck out there.

Lmao

hell yeah dude

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

The Oldest Man posted:

The magic of COVID is that it fucks a lot of people up but the actual method of the loving you up is really all over the place. Maybe you get CFS and your life becomes a waking nightmare, maybe fungus rots your face, maybe you feel fine until you go too hard at the gym three months later throw a PE and die instantly.

Was hanging out with my online pals last night. One person who went to a super spreader event and got sick afterwards was talking about their new long covid issues. It was described as massive fatigue with a side of "feeling like I'm going to die"

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

A friend who had covid a few months ago now has a lot of chest pain. Another friend who had covid has fatigue, weakness, and back pain. Another friend had a mysterious respiratory illness, testing negative for covid, flu, and strep, and now has shingles.

Temiko
Aug 9, 2004

bi crimes posted:

Now imagine having twins. Conceived in November 2019. Lol

They are amazing though, 100% would do again even with the added stress. I'm lucky to have a spouse who also wants to properly protect them.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Trixie Hardcore posted:

that apocalypse goons whole post is peppered with true crime red flags lol

"real quick vibe check before we see each other: what do you know about the various uses of visine?"

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

icantfindaname posted:

I recall people saying itt that it’s legally no longer an n95 if the markings are defaced, try that if they want to do legalistic bullshit

NISOH’S concern here is that the solvents in the markers may render the filter marginally less effective.

So don’t use a solvent marker. Use something like a pencil.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

to be clear, not trying to inject some antinatalism childfree crap about kids being bad or sucking, just saying that having kids in a society that’s decided they should go into the woodchipper seems stressful and could be the wedge that would help complete destroying a marriage that’s already on shaky ground

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

bi crimes posted:

to be clear, not trying to inject some antinatalism childfree crap about kids being bad or sucking, just saying that having kids in a society that’s decided they should go into the woodchipper seems stressful and could be the wedge that would help complete destroying a marriage that’s already on shaky ground

there’s a time and place for having kids.

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

this thread slaps, whips rear end, and several other euphemisms for ruling that I'm too lazy to think of

somewhere out there, Maxine Titers is setting down her kettlebell, combing her hair, and putting on her best dress

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

fosborb posted:

Trevor Bedford presented to the CDC that there was a good chance an omicron event would happen every 1.5 to 10 years and within a week omicron exploded into a million new variants lmao

Has Trevor Bedford been wrong about a single thing this whole pandemic?

I don’t meant to put him up as some kind of a deity, but seriously, if anyone in this thread can remember a bad take of his, I’d love to hear it.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Petey posted:

i doubt it — i think they will be surprised and it will open a chance for a good conversation. this person is really thoughtful and great.

and i do (knock on wood) have a lot of job security and am well known for being completely immune to like peer pressure so i think it'll be okay. more just interested in how it goes

tangy yet delightful posted:

while me being right would be more funny for thread content, I hope you are right sincerely

i was basically right. i walked in and she saw i was wearing a mask and immediately put one one, waving off my "oh you don't need to." we talked a lot about a lot of stuff, including the machinery of running a covid response for two years, and what kinds of concerns / incentives / etc were driving the decisions / calling the shots now. it was very interesting and illuminating — no great surprises or secret conspiracies, but confirmation that, like all institutional decisions, they're a mix of data, finances, relationships, politics, etc.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

mawarannahr posted:

there’s a time and place for having kids.

a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance

GXL
Feb 6, 2004

It's against all of our policies for an application to ever share information with advertisers.
One day I will turn a corner and see someone else in a makeshift doom suit and the courtship will start and end there in an instant

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
I made oatmeal with cinnamon, raisins, vanilla extract and brown sugar

it is good

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lol

Lmao

:thunk:
acres of land you say? weed you say? do you need a professional game master? I can run all sorts of role-playing systems any time you want. i am also prepared to be a lady

hot witch divorcee
Jan 4, 2021

is that a tower in your pants or are you just happy to see me

Rutibex posted:

i am also prepared to be a lady

gently caress yeah dude if you need help with this myself or several other people in this thread can help out

Stoop Kid
Jan 17, 2007

Afraid to leave his stoop.
fun first date activities:

building a Corsi-Rosenthal cube
bean shopping at Costco
booster banditing
screaming into pillows
shitposting on Monica’s twitter
picking up Irresist-a-bowls (to go!)

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

hot witch divorcee posted:

gently caress yeah dude if you need help with this myself or several other people in this thread can help out

somethingawful's legacy

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

farcry 5 is getting the sequel no one asked for

GXL
Feb 6, 2004

It's against all of our policies for an application to ever share information with advertisers.
Ten years ago I met a guy who was building a little village in the desert using plastic tubes filled with concrete which were stacked up over pits to form domes that looked like the severed torso of the Michelin man. He was asking for volunteers to help with the construction, and I was dumb enough then to think going back to the city was a better idea.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Ojetor posted:

farcry 5 is getting the sequel no one asked for

are you a bad enough dudette to meet ApocEnjoyers strict invite requirements

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Zugzwang posted:

This is situation-dependent of course, but I’m much more concerned about getting infected via my kid once she eventually goes to school (she’s only 8 months, so I have some time) than vice-versus. I wear only good masks, and the only kind of exception I will make re: never, ever demasking in public is when I go get my photo ID taken soon. Wifezwang is the same.

Yeah this is the thing. If/when we get sick it will be from the kids bringing something home from school. I'm not even sure how much I'd even care about covid if I didn't have kids or work for the school system.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

bi crimes posted:

Nah, you’re right and none of this looks like an anti-kid screed. I have one in remote elementary school and it has been a serious source of stress even though my spouse and I are unlikely to show up on the spreadsheet. It sucks hard, but there’s a good chance I’ll manage to send a halfway decent human out into the world in a few years. I should probably apologize to him in advance for that.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

coffin flop but coffin flap

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

GXL posted:

Ten years ago I met a guy who was building a little village in the desert using plastic tubes filled with concrete which were stacked up over pits to form domes that looked like the severed torso of the Michelin man. He was asking for volunteers to help with the construction, and I was dumb enough then to think going back to the city was a better idea.

So is that a thriving covid zero village today or?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I know they can cremate you in just a big cardboard box but I feel like I should spend the extra lira on pine, just so I'm not outdone in my final moments by some dude who died in cowboy times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
If a guy is building a village in the desert and has access to industrial tubes and concrete and is looking for volunteers that's a true crime red flag