Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

olives black posted:

The instructions for the SecureClick say to use "3M Respirator Wipes 504" or by "immersing in warm cleaning solution."

Haven't noticed anyone talking about stocking up on special wipes, so I'm guessing y'all just use something like bleach and water?

My apologies if this is already in the OP, I didn't see anything regarding SecureClick or non-disposable respirator cleaning.

that sounds like a product for someone who owns a factory and has a PPE budget

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I used all my 3M Respirator Wipes 504 sanitizing my pizzas.

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

mawarannahr posted:

I think bleach is harmful to plastic. rubbing alcohol might be better.

for fit tests at the various refineries at which I've worked they would use iodine wipes. they came in the same packets as moist towelettes like at a bbq place.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Sunny Side Up posted:

someone from the Death Panel pod discord recently shared this:

https://ko-fi.com/post/Therapist-Referrals-in-the-Time-of-Covid-M4M1C7SSJ

Oh hey this is fantastic thanks!

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Currently I'm looking for movies to watch. Thinking about this one.

John Q, a drama movie starring Denzel Washington, Robert Duvall, and James Woods is available to stream now. Watch it on Tubi - Free Movies & TV, Prime Video, Vudu Movie & TV Store, VUDU or Apple TV on your Roku device.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Salt Fish posted:

I used all my 3M Respirator Wipes 504 sanitizing my pizzas.

nothing gets the grease out quite like the 504s.

here’s what they have in them. secret!

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

NeonPunk has issued a correction as of 19:26 on Mar 4, 2023

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

mawarannahr posted:

sure. how many couple therapists are good at their jobs? how many will continue to be good with COVID about and them not understanding it and being likelier to give bad advice based on that? is there a point in our societal development that recommending couples therapy is more likely to do harm to all individuals involved than not, for the average couples therapist?

cancel therapists imo j/k kinda
I mean there are a lot of lovely doctors out there but I wouldn't suggest people give up on doctors. If you go to a medical professional like a doctor or a therapist or a dentist and they are bad at their job that's an argument for finding a different medical professional not swearing off dentists forever because you went to a dentist that claimed they could cure cavities with crystal energy. I know it can be hard to advocate for yourself in medical settings, especially if it's something intimate like therapy but I think people should try instead of telling themselves there's no point in trying at all. Just assuming that nothing will work out so why even try is a really stagnant approach to life.

Sunny Side Up posted:

someone from the Death Panel pod discord recently shared this:

https://ko-fi.com/post/Therapist-Referrals-in-the-Time-of-Covid-M4M1C7SSJ
thanks!

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

my next door neighbors apparently got divorced and/or just stopped getting along and she moved her new boyfriend in while her husband/ex-husband still lives there. fuckin ice cold lol

Pfc about to witness a double murder suicide

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

NeonPunk posted:

I just use a wet wipe at the end of the day on the inside of the respirator, then I usually take out the filter every 2 week and just soak the entire thing in warm water and little bit of dish soap and scrub the entire thing and let it air dry completely before putting the filters back in

That makes sense. Thanks!

hot witch divorcee
Jan 4, 2021

is that a tower in your pants or are you just happy to see me

poemdexter posted:

tl;dr: It might seem sketchy, but it's not illegal. You may or may not see a claim against your private insurance in the future for the pcr test depending on how much Walgreens wants the money for whatever a pcr costs.

When providers are saying treatments are free or "little to no cost to you", what they mean is that they are sending the bill to insurance where they know it's usually covered close to 100% (easy money), state Medicare (if you old), or state Medicaid (if you too poor for insurance). However, every state health agency has a federal mandate to recoup as much money as possible from bad claims to Medicare/Medicaid. Most state health agencies don't have the man power to do this manually so they contract out to companies that do this for them for a cut of the recouped dollars. I happened to work at a company years ago that dealt with exactly this scenario so I can tell you what will happen!

1. You go in to a Provider and say "no insurance", and Provider gives you treatment. That treatment costs X dollars.
2. Provider submits a claim to state Medicaid for X dollars because only poor people don't have insurance and poor people are who Medicaid covers.
3. Medicaid contracts with Company to recoup money each month and sends all the Medicaid claims over to Company.
5. Company runs claims against several scenarios. One is "did person have private insurance?" Company finds that you had private insurance.
6. Company sends info to Provider saying Provider billed Medicaid X dollars but you had private insurance, and Medicaid is taking X dollars out of the next bulk payment to Provider. The Company also gives Provider all your private insurance info.
7. Provider is gonna submit a claim against your private insurance for X dollars.
8. You will see a claim against your private insurance for X dollars and wonder where the hell it came from.

also as a note i went through my insurance provider to get the test which they gave me in december despite neither them nor my ex telling me they yoinked my health insurance and were trying to charge me for it, but i was able to demand it taken off my bill by successfully by pointing out that the costs of these things are covered by the government and also if the test was for members only like they said they shouldn't have given me one since it involved mailing me a kit

was still annoying though so yeah to the original goon: just lie it's not your problem

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

fosborb posted:

normalize couples therapy; the spreadsheet is using a column per :sever: and we're going to run out of room

What kind of monster uses columns instead of rows for table entries. My god, am I the only competent person left on earth?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

NeonPunk posted:

I just use a wet wipe at the end of the day on the inside of the respirator, then I usually take out the filter every 2 week and just soak the entire thing in warm water and little bit of dish soap and scrub the entire thing and let it air dry completely before putting the filters back in

I completely disassemble my respirator, soak everything in warm soapy water, scrub everything, rinse, and air dry my respirator about once a month.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I just sleep on a big pile of auras like a normal person.

hot witch divorcee
Jan 4, 2021

pissinthewind posted:

the actual legal process of divorce is obnoxious the being free from relationship expectations or a toxic person is p great so its a glass half full or empty situation

cosigning

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Wisest Moron posted:

What kind of monster uses columns instead of rows for table entries. My god, am I the only competent person left on earth?

*checks notes* uhh idunno maybe

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

poemdexter posted:

tl;dr: It might seem sketchy, but it's not illegal. You may or may not see a claim against your private insurance in the future for the pcr test depending on how much Walgreens wants the money for whatever a pcr costs.

When providers are saying treatments are free or "little to no cost to you", what they mean is that they are sending the bill to insurance where they know it's usually covered close to 100% (easy money), state Medicare (if you old), or state Medicaid (if you too poor for insurance). However, every state health agency has a federal mandate to recoup as much money as possible from bad claims to Medicare/Medicaid. Most state health agencies don't have the man power to do this manually so they contract out to companies that do this for them for a cut of the recouped dollars. I happened to work at a company years ago that dealt with exactly this scenario so I can tell you what will happen!

1. You go in to a Provider and say "no insurance", and Provider gives you treatment. That treatment costs X dollars.
2. Provider submits a claim to state Medicaid for X dollars because only poor people don't have insurance and poor people are who Medicaid covers.
3. Medicaid contracts with Company to recoup money each month and sends all the Medicaid claims over to Company.
5. Company runs claims against several scenarios. One is "did person have private insurance?" Company finds that you had private insurance.
6. Company sends info to Provider saying Provider billed Medicaid X dollars but you had private insurance, and Medicaid is taking X dollars out of the next bulk payment to Provider. The Company also gives Provider all your private insurance info.
7. Provider is gonna submit a claim against your private insurance for X dollars.
8. You will see a claim against your private insurance for X dollars and wonder where the hell it came from.

"tl;dr: It might seem sketchy, but it's not illegal" is just what health insurance is OP

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

:same:

I want my loving poo poo before my kid born during the pandemic just turns 5

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Good news: My GP agreed to fill out my medical accommodation paperwork so I can keep doing WFH. I kind of got the vibe she would have been willing to do it even if I had bullshit reasoning, which honestly... loving right she should! What's it matter to her?

She also heartily endorsed booster banditing totally unprompted from me.

If I could have tipped her I would have.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Anyone* who was recently** infected — with Omicron*** — is probably**** protected***** against Omicron.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

olives black posted:

The instructions for the SecureClick say to use "3M Respirator Wipes 504" or by "immersing in warm cleaning solution."

Haven't noticed anyone talking about stocking up on special wipes, so I'm guessing y'all just use something like bleach and water?

My apologies if this is already in the OP, I didn't see anything regarding the cleaning of SecureClicks or non-disposable respirators.

I don't know if it's in the OP either because I've never actually read the Respirator Chat section I copy pasted into the OP :ssh:

I just do alcohol wipes and warm water mild detergent because whenever a product tells me to buy a proprietary cleaning solution I ignore it.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Acelerion posted:

:same:

I want my loving poo poo before my kid born during the pandemic just turns 5

what i like most about living in hell is the commiseration

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Sunny Side Up posted:

The only thing I'd add to this---the OP has guidelines for securing a hotel room in terms of air leakage & positive pressure and all that, but IMO safest would be to get a Corsi Cube in there (maybe second suitcase?? or mail it to your hotel or nearby post office ahead of time like a hiker drop box??) and let it run until it's changed the air in the room over.

I am going to have to fly some time soon for my new permanent work from home job that requires me to go to Miami maybe 4 times per year. I am considering just driving since it's just a straight shot down I95 from where I am outside Philly. What distresses me is 1)no one knows yet that I'm respirator crew so that will be completely alienating and 2)they will expect me to eat with them.

haha drat, I just had my boss say "time to do some business travel" and I'm here trying to think how I can politely tell my coworkers that i'm not gonna go to restaurants with them

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Chad Sexington posted:

Good news: My GP agreed to fill out my medical accommodation paperwork so I can keep doing WFH. I kind of got the vibe she would have been willing to do it even if I had bullshit reasoning, which honestly... loving right she should! What's it matter to her?

She also heartily endorsed booster banditing totally unprompted from me.

If I could have tipped her I would have.

That's awesome news!

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011
probably time for Maxwell Titers, Esq. to boost up again

hot witch divorcee
Jan 4, 2021

WaryWarren posted:

I'm wearing Auras at work, because most people went maskless three weeks ago. The only other masked person in my office is my boss's boss, lol! HR told us that we couldn't wear N95s because reasons. gently caress them for making me come in to be exposed to my maskless dipshit colleagues. I have to walk past one person's cube to get to my office, they are still coughing and have a slight wheeze even 10 weeks post infection. :rubby:

"can I have you write down 'you are not allowed to use a medical device being worn on medical advice despite it being a reasonable accomidation and standard safety procedure' and sign that on company letterhead, give me a copy in triplicate, and send an email with a digital signature as well? thanks"

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

olives black posted:

My apologies if this is already in the OP, I didn't see anything regarding the cleaning of SecureClicks or non-disposable respirators.

You can get CPAP wipes which are the most comparable consumer-accessible type of product.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
If you can't wear an n95 in the office what's the big deal? Just wear a FFP3 mask.

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

If you can't wear an n95 in the office what's the big deal? Just wear a FFP3 mask.

why stop at FFP3? just bring a scuba tank

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Wamsutta posted:

was texting with a friend today and they agreed they were disappointed the federal mask mandate got undone - because he's flying today (from CT) to a metal fest (in TX). but he's prepared, he has a two-layer mask that covers his whole beard!

>:]

tbh i think bro is immune to covid, this has been more or less how they've rolled since mid 2021 and afaik has never had it

I have some friends going to that. The lineup looks great, I briefly considered buying a ticket during last year's suck and gently caress summer when it seams like things might not always be so bad. Glad it sold out before I got the chance. Instead I should probably get around to selling my MDF ticket that I've had since 2019.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

news:

views: lol, lmao

that's a second derivative changing sign quickly, is what that is

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
Stuffing millions of people daily into sealed tubes that scatter them in all directions across the world with no attempts to mitigate the most contagious virus known to man could only possibly affect those people who choose to be unmasked during their 5 average annual hours spent flying

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Wasn't Delta also the one that called up Fauci and told him to lower the quarantine time?

\Cchecking... It was!

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/delta-ceo-asks-cdc-cut-quarantine-time-breakthrough-covid-cases-2021-12-21/

Plague airlines.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I was thinking of flying to see some family and friends in Texas but lol lmao

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Couples therapy chat!

I have more experience here than I would like to admit. A few resources that will help you identify a good couples therapist:

Attached, by Amir Levine
We Do, by Stan Takin
Mating in Captivity, by Esther Perel

That's the order that I would read them in. It is a lot of work just to find a good couples therapist, but what do you have to do that is more important than trying to improve your marriage? If your therapist can't have an informed conversation about all three of these books, I would run away.

Then of course make sure they are anti eugenics. Easy!

ApocalypseEnjoyer
Apr 20, 2022

by Hand Knit

Sex Arse of Calais posted:

eventually this thread is gonna be almost entirely comprised of a bunch of divorcees and other singletons nervously eyeing each other to suss out compatibility while being too awkwardly goony to make any moves

lmao

Lol

In b4 new thread rule banning personals

When my significant other had to choose between her highly succesful, highly well paid career and her personal health, she made a very novel choice: flipping both off, moving back in with her sister, and doing hard drugs. I was hosed up about it for a long time, but hey, no children to take care of and it made more sense than all these masks off parents with young kids. Now their problems are over. At least it made it easier for me to move on.

It's the apocalypse so it's time to adapt and survive. Holla at me single ladies. I'm a geeky slob who lives in a rural area in a red state and who has cracked every single one of his pings, and I'm no millionaire, but I got multiple houses, dozens of acres of farmable land, and more than enough wherewithal to only share air with people of my choosing for the rest of my life.

For awhile now I've enjoyed my paradise alone while watching society fracture into irretrievable madness. If you like, let's try and bond over cackling as the world burns and absolutely turning our backs forever on friends and family who try to shame and drag us into permanent disability alongside them. I'm a bigtime outdoorsman and former world traveler. I have a good network of online friends I previously met in some spicy air while traveling and a handful of trustworthy non-chud local people. I enjoy building houses with a friend; you can mostly sit in the shade and watch me work if you prefer. I'm discussing going into business with a few interested people, but I would rather my partner be my partner, yknow?

420 24/7, all other substances get treated like they're covid. Bossy ladies with muscles and criminal records get preferential treatment, but I like all kinds. ApocalypseEnjoyer#8958, let's literally videochat in our respirators.

Hopefully this ten dollar bill will let me skip talking to dozens upon dozens of clueless women and be worth the money and the hassle of all the psycho nerds gearing up to stalk me.

Speaking of which, pay attention, virgins: you'll have to try and troll and own me on discord cuz I'm outta here. No time for whatever the hell it is you do here.

My thanks though to the wonderful people in this thread (and this thread alone) who've been providing life-saving information and support to total strangers for years while the rest of society fails so spectacularly that it's surprising to even the most coldhearted cynic. Maybe in a decade or two when everyone else is dead or wheelchair-bound and drooling, we'll throw a party on the grave of America. Good luck out there.

Lmao

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

RandolphCarter posted:

I was thinking of flying to see some family and friends in Texas but lol lmao

that would be hard on your arms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

ApocalypseEnjoyer posted:

Lol

In b4 new thread rule banning personals

When my significant other had to choose between her highly succesful, highly well paid career and her personal health, she made a very novel choice: flipping both off, moving back in with her sister, and doing hard drugs. I was hosed up about it for a long time, but hey, no children to take care of and it made more sense than all these masks off parents with young kids. Now their problems are over. At least it made it easier for me to move on.

It's the apocalypse so it's time to adapt and survive. Holla at me single ladies. I'm a geeky slob who lives in a rural area in a red state and who has cracked every single one of his pings, and I'm no millionaire, but I got multiple houses, dozens of acres of farmable land, and more than enough wherewithal to only share air with people of my choosing for the rest of my life.

For awhile now I've enjoyed my paradise alone while watching society fracture into irretrievable madness. If you like, let's try and bond over cackling as the world burns and absolutely turning our backs forever on friends and family who try to shame and drag us into permanent disability alongside them. I'm a bigtime outdoorsman and former world traveler. I have a good network of online friends I previously met in some spicy air while traveling and a handful of trustworthy non-chud local people. I enjoy building houses with a friend; you can mostly sit in the shade and watch me work if you prefer. I'm discussing going into business with a few interested people, but I would rather my partner be my partner, yknow?

420 24/7, all other substances get treated like they're covid. Bossy ladies with muscles and criminal records get preferential treatment, but I like all kinds. ApocalypseEnjoyer#8958, let's literally videochat in our respirators.

Hopefully this ten dollar bill will let me skip talking to dozens upon dozens of clueless women and be worth the money and the hassle of all the psycho nerds gearing up to stalk me.

Speaking of which, pay attention, virgins: you'll have to try and troll and own me on discord cuz I'm outta here. No time for whatever the hell it is you do here.

My thanks though to the wonderful people in this thread (and this thread alone) who've been providing life-saving information and support to total strangers for years while the rest of society fails so spectacularly that it's surprising to even the most coldhearted cynic. Maybe in a decade or two when everyone else is dead or wheelchair-bound and drooling, we'll throw a party on the grave of America. Good luck out there.

Lmao

this post kicks rear end