Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

LeeMajors posted:

Dude…I would be stunned if they don’t nullify obergefell in the next 5 years.

Dems being ineffectual limpdicks is going to end up killing a lot of LGBT folks. I am terrified for the future.

they're gonna make sure Roe v Wade is buried a mile deep first but yea you're probably right. glad the opposition party is a bunch of ineffectual old fossils too busy counting checks to do gently caress all.

i do think the roe v wade thing and obergfell is gonna cost both parties in the long run. thats the sort of poo poo that gets comfortable people to get off their asses. hoping i live long enough to see the zoomers purge the boomers and gen x

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

LeeMajors posted:

Dude…I would be stunned if they don’t nullify obergefell in the next 5 years.

Dems being ineffectual limpdicks is going to end up killing a lot of LGBT folks. I am terrified for the future.

I have a pet theory they're waiting for Roe v Wade to be nullified in June so that they can use that as a campaign issue / funding drive.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

It's going to be nullified because the courts are full of fascists

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

How did you rascals weigh size/quality of home vs location of home?

My budget is limited and I live in an expensive place of the country. There are some nice condos, with pleasant views, and over 1000 sf, but located in a meh neighborhood. Like nothing is within a 20 minute walk. However, the condos are situated in a convenient central-ish part of the city if you are willing to drive.

There are also people suffering from homelessness around, which doesn’t bother me personally but could hamper resale. Actual crime reporting statistics show that it’s a safe neighborhood.

Otherwise to find something more central I’d probably have to drop to like 650 sf or lower.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

My budget is limited and I live in an expensive place of the country. There are some nice condos, with pleasant views, and over 1000 sf, but located in a meh neighborhood. Like nothing is within a 20 minute walk. However, the condos are situated in a convenient central-ish part of the city if you are willing to drive.

There are also people suffering from homelessness around, which doesn’t bother me personally but could hamper resale. Actual crime reporting statistics show that it’s a safe neighborhood.

Otherwise to find something more central I’d probably have to drop to like 650 sf or lower.

If the Seattle real estate market is to be believed, homeless encampments doesn't really drive down prices if it's otherwise a desirable area.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Here's more on the Disney thing. Apparently what the bill actually does is terminate the special districts on June 1, 2023 if the legislature takes no further action. This tells me that once they realize how much money is going to need to be transferred to local authorities (the article goes into that a little bit), the legislature can quietly back out of it after the election and leave everything the way it is now.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/jkass99/status/1516491976593469440?s=21

lol bitcoin-NFT bro fell for the “wallet inspector” scam

Relentlessboredomm posted:

they're gonna make sure Roe v Wade is buried a mile deep first but yea you're probably right. glad the opposition party is a bunch of ineffectual old fossils too busy counting checks to do gently caress all.

i do think the roe v wade thing and obergfell is gonna cost both parties in the long run. thats the sort of poo poo that gets comfortable people to get off their asses. hoping i live long enough to see the zoomers purge the boomers and gen x

Yeah I agree. But Roe is basically dead already and they’re going to deliver a fresh load of teenaged trans corpses and gay and lesbian adult suicides after their marriages are annulled. Right beside all the low-income home abortion deaths.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Apr 20, 2022

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Skwirl posted:

If your normal ID has your current address on it you can get a new SS card mailed to you. I did that last May, assuming you know what your SSN is.

We don't even care what the address is on your ID, really. The address match is necessary only if you're ordering online.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

saintonan posted:

Here's more on the Disney thing. Apparently what the bill actually does is terminate the special districts on June 1, 2023 if the legislature takes no further action. This tells me that once they realize how much money is going to need to be transferred to local authorities (the article goes into that a little bit), the legislature can quietly back out of it after the election and leave everything the way it is now.

Of course. Makes them look tough on the giant woke corporation for midterms while actually meaning nothing, and they can continue their absolutely vile attacks on trans kids. Culture war bullshit. gently caress them.

The only hope for any consequences would be Disney calling them on their bluff and pulling out of Florida, but that doesn't help anyone any time soon even if that long shot happened

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Skwirl posted:

If the Seattle real estate market is to be believed, homeless encampments doesn't really drive down prices if it's otherwise a desirable area.

Once enough rich people move into the gentrifying area, the homeless encampments will evaporate. Somehow. You know, just look the other way, while the cops take care of it. That's just how it works.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Leperflesh posted:

Once enough rich people move into the gentrifying area, the homeless encampments will evaporate. Somehow. You know, just look the other way, while the cops take care of it. That's just how it works.

I remember when people thought tech companies moving Into the Tenderloin would magically turn it into the Marina district

Turns out it's still the place SF shoves all of it's problems, just with tech busses in the streets

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Skwirl posted:

If your normal ID has your current address on it you can get a new SS card mailed to you. I did that last May, assuming you know what your SSN is.

Eh it's fine, I'd been meaning to stop by her house and check in since it's been a while. My aunts and dad are over to help out a bunch but I also have some stuff I need to help her out with too. Also it gives me an excuse to get a fancy coffee from Coffeholic and some bread from the Columbia City Bakery and pour a 40 out for Angies on behalf of my dad and my teen memories of going there to tell him to go home.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

GD_American posted:

We don't even care what the address is on your ID, really. The address match is necessary only if you're ordering online.

Yeah, I meant that specifically, I needed to get a new one during COVID lockdowns so going in person was an insanely complicated procedure taking up way too much time.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

I remember when people thought tech companies moving Into the Tenderloin would magically turn it into the Marina district

Turns out it's still the place SF shoves all of it's problems, just with tech busses in the streets

Yeah if you wanted to actually gentrify the tenderloin, you'd have to somehow eliminate all the fleabag residential hotels first. I'm sure there's plenty of moneyed interests trying to do exactly that, but my impression is that they haven't really succeeded, at least not yet.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

LeeMajors posted:

This came across my TL today. The only word I have muted is NFT.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Spoeank posted:

This came across my TL today. The only word I have muted is NFT.

“Against the advice of my attorney” is one of my absolute favorite openers of all time

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Is there any difference in commute to work or somewhere else you would go frequently? I would pay more or get a smaller place if it meant cutting commuting time, there are only so many hours in a day. If you are interested in resale value, a lot of people really overvalue school ratings, though it could be a chicken and egg type thing since that tends to also correlate with income.

I am not sure how sustainable pricing is depending on where you are, I know we regret not maxing out our budget when we bought 8 years ago since we would really like an extra room and now it will cost substantially more to either remodel/buy now. Then again, without a time machine I am not sure how useful that is with prices what they are today. It is not like they can get any higher, right... (which I also said 8 years ago and my wife still holds over my head about me being wrong).

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 20, 2022

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah I agree. But Roe is basically dead already and they’re going to deliver a fresh load of teenaged trans corpses and gay and lesbian adult suicides after their marriages are annulled. Right beside all the low-income home abortion deaths.

A Bored Ape (or other NFT-themed) profile pic is the Internet equivalent of an old-school "Kick Me" sign.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Thaddius the Large posted:

“Against the advice of my attorney” is one of my absolute favorite openers of all time

It’s so expected too, considering all the crypto bros are Dunning-Kruger made flesh.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

It’s so expected too, considering all the crypto bros are Dunning-Kruger made flesh.

Duning-Krugger isn't really a thing. Like, there's definitely people who think they are good at something that they are not, but it's not as wide spread of a phenomenon as what people say.

https://statmodeling.stat.columbia....on-to-the-mean/

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Skwirl posted:

Duning-Krugger isn't really a thing. Like, there's definitely people who think they are good at something that they are not, but it's not as wide spread of a phenomenon as what people say.

https://statmodeling.stat.columbia....on-to-the-mean/

Oh yeah I know it isn’t a Real Clinical Thing, but the phenomenon of tech bros assuming they are geniuses at everything because they logic and/or code well is a thing and dunning-Kruger is useful shorthand for it.

We should call it the Elon Musk Effect.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
If I had to describe The Batman I would say it felt like everything happened in slow motion

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

If I had to describe The Batman I would say it felt like everything happened in slow motion

I felt the same at first but I think we’ve gotten so accustomed to jump cuts(?) or fight scenes that don’t focus on one thing for too long, it makes it all seem slower.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I thought it was great. I was set up to expect a murder mystery moreso than super capes and tons of fights

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Oh yeah I know it isn’t a Real Clinical Thing, but the phenomenon of tech bros assuming they are geniuses at everything because they logic and/or code well is a thing and dunning-Kruger is useful shorthand for it.

We should call it the Elon Musk Effect.
That's a different thing entirely, it's "because I'm very good at one thing involving thinking, I'm good at everything else involving thinking."

Also it's the problem with people thinking economics is a hard science like math or physics or biology or chemistry, when it's really a soft science like sociology or communications.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Skwirl posted:

That's a different thing entirely, it's "because I'm very good at one thing involving thinking, I'm good at everything else involving thinking."

Also it's the problem with people thinking economics is a hard science like math or physics or biology or chemistry, when it's really a soft science like sociology or communications.

fake e: for the record as a STEM guy I hate this stupid loving comic, and it is STEMlord personified

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
this Ohtani guy

he might have a future

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
On a different team after his contract ends

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Kinda doubt moreno won't pay him

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Guess who has to dig up their social security card to get an enhaced ID? I thought my W2 had my full social on it but it, in fact, does not so now I gotta go to my living grandma's to get it. I haven't needed it since I first was hired by my state agency since HR doesn't need it again when you change job positions.
I had to go get a copy of my birth certificate to get the enhanced ID when I renewed my driver's license. Oddly enough, my W2 had my full social security number. Now I'm all up to date and will never use it.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I have an appointment next month to get a new license, only Florida is requiring me to bring four loving documents (Basically birth certificate, SS card, and two things proving my address). My old ID was originally issued in 2007, updated once when I moved in 2009, and they just sent me a new one with a horizontal layout when I turned 21 two years later, and apparently isn’t compliant with the ‘REAL ID’ thing or whatever the gently caress it’s called.

I just assume it’s because the usual Florida stupidity. gently caress DeSantis.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

fartknocker posted:

I have an appointment next month to get a new license, only Florida is requiring me to bring four loving documents (Basically birth certificate, SS card, and two things proving my address). My old ID was originally issued in 2007, updated once when I moved in 2009, and they just sent me a new one with a horizontal layout when I turned 21 two years later, and apparently isn’t compliant with the ‘REAL ID’ thing or whatever the gently caress it’s called.

Real ID requires a ton of docs. In Illinois I had to bring like my passport, SSN card, and a utility bill plus my old license. It’s stupid.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

fartknocker posted:

More documents is a good thing. Too much fraud so anything that combats that.. all for it

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The thing that gets me about Real ID is that if you don’t get one, you need to bring your passport, but to get a Real ID, you need a passport plus 2 or 3 more documents. Why isn’t the passport good enough?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

The thing that gets me about Real ID is that if you don’t get one, you need to bring your passport, but to get a Real ID, you need a passport plus 2 or 3 more documents. Why isn’t the passport good enough?

I think it's because a passport could be stolen, and altered with a different photo, because DMV isn't tied into the same computer system as the people who man the booths at customs & immigration so they can't authenticate your passport the same way.

Basically devolving national ID responsibilities to the 50 states and their 50 totally separate and incompatible ID systems was a colossal project that still isn't done and never will be.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Yeah, that’s never ever made sense to me (outside of the proof of address requirements, mainly because people move so often)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Gotta make it harder to get a Real ID for when they become necessary to vote

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I forget do Passport Cards count?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

This thread is very sad and angry today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I'm watching baseball and the M's are winning so far so my evening is pretty good