Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

What is a currently a good way to make money? Given my stats that I posted earlier. I only have 3 million and a basilisk jaw costs 17m

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Farming ranarr weed is a solid hands-off option, for anything more active just do slayer until money appears or your stats are high enough to attempt some bosses. More options are here on the wiki.

If you're not opposed to spending money, it's $7 for a bond that sells for ~5.5m right now (~$4 with a VPN set to Mexico or Brazil).

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Decided to pick up OSRS to play the league. Haven't played in a while, but when I did, I was mostly RS3; my OSRS account is like total level 250.

Anyways, I've been having a lot of fun! The league offers a lot of fun ways to break the game in half, and the accelerated XP rates makes it a great way for me to get a sampler platter of what OSRS has to offer. Haven't dipped into OSRS exclusive content too much, but Kourend seems like a pretty neat place, and I really enjoy doing Tempoross! Love the idea of a skilling boss, it's something I'd love to see RS3 do. Planning on trying Wintertodt next.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.

Arzaac posted:

Planning on trying Wintertodt next.

Make sure you turn off public chat

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Soulhunter posted:

Farming ranarr weed is a solid hands-off option, for anything more active just do slayer until money appears or your stats are high enough to attempt some bosses. More options are here on the wiki.

If you're not opposed to spending money, it's $7 for a bond that sells for ~5.5m right now (~$4 with a VPN set to Mexico or Brazil).

Alright. With my 46 Slayer and 78-80 combat stats, which slayer tasks from which NPC should I be focusing on?

e: I'm not opposed to spending money, but I would like for it to actually allow me to obtain either a basilisk jaw or an Abyssal Bludgeon

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
do Konar slayer. Konar is in Zeah at Mount Karuulm and she assigns monster tasks that have to be completed at specific locations. her tasks are not super great money (bloodvelds, fire giants, trolls, etc.) but while on-task they drop keys that can open a chest beside Konar for further rewards. she also gives the most points in case you don't have slayer helm, superiors, or gargoyle smasher unlocked, which i think are the most essential unlocks. then go to Duradel once you hit 85 combat or have enough slayer points, because his tasks give more money

slayer also recently got the unlockable option to bank a task, so once you get one you like you can set it aside and then gamble for another good task

Mameluke fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Feb 16, 2022

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Thanks, I'll go check her out. I haven't done any Slayer in a long time (and I never got very far), I don't really remember how it works.

e: I'm still proud of my regular combat stats, though. That 81 Attack wasn't free, I ground for that

e2: I got a task to kill 175 Black Demons, but they hit like a truck. What am I missing? Which tactics should I be using?

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Feb 20, 2022

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

Phlegmish posted:

Thanks, I'll go check her out. I haven't done any Slayer in a long time (and I never got very far), I don't really remember how it works.

e: I'm still proud of my regular combat stats, though. That 81 Attack wasn't free, I ground for that

e2: I got a task to kill 175 Black Demons, but they hit like a truck. What am I missing? Which tactics should I be using?

use a bow/prayers or get that gimp weapon silverlight and upgrade that

Diplomat
Dec 14, 2009

Posting for discord access. New player, not yet a robot.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

What's the fastest way to get Numulites?

The Walrus Cancer
Sep 14, 2018

If we were all trees, there'd be no more wars. 'Cause we'd be trees.
Don't know if it's fast, but I've gotten a lot of numulites just afking ammonite crabs with a ring of wealth.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I've been doing that, but it's pretty slow. I ended up just buying the remaining numulites, I needed 20k to get permanent access to the drift net fishing minigame. I'm hoping I'll get good Hunting and Fishing xp from it.

The Walrus Cancer
Sep 14, 2018

If we were all trees, there'd be no more wars. 'Cause we'd be trees.
Ah, I always forget you can just buy them.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah I get that, it's not what you would call a great deal, I was just impatient.

In other news, I downloaded the mobile version of OSRS today. I only managed to play for an hour before they happened to release an update. Now when I start the game, it crashes. Is it working for you guys?

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

I'm jumping into RS3 for the first time. I created an non-ironman account. Did I make a mistake? From what I've read, ironman is the way to play, even as a beginner.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Armauk posted:

I'm jumping into RS3 for the first time. I created an non-ironman account. Did I make a mistake? From what I've read, ironman is the way to play, even as a beginner.

I don't think you made a mistake. Economy and player interaction is fun. Enjoy yourself and don't overthink it.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Ironman is for masochists who don’t value their time wisely.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

Subliminal Ninja posted:

Correct (source: am ironman)

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Subliminal Ninja posted:

This also applies to OSRS generally

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.

Armauk posted:

I had my first 12 years of gameplay as a non-ironman account so have fun!

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

kaaj posted:

I had my first 12 years of gameplay as a non-ironman account so have fun!

That's awesome to hear!

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Just joined the discord, I don't think I've played this game in 20 years.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

S w a y z e posted:

Just joined the discord, I don't think I've played this game in 20 years.

same except ive been in the discord for years

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I played runescape a ton from 2001 to late 2002. I put in a ticket to try and get my old character. I remember having a ton of party hats and other things from the time. I wonder if they'll come through and restore my character? I'll report back when they respond to my ticket

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

bi crimes posted:

I played runescape a ton from 2001 to late 2002. I put in a ticket to try and get my old character. I remember having a ton of party hats and other things from the time. I wonder if they'll come through and restore my character? I'll report back when they respond to my ticket

Good luck! Don't trade those party hats until you do research into them. They're worth thousands of IRL dollars.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
The funniest thing about those things is the way they have to be traded because of maximum stack sizes

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Well they found my account, it has about 1000 hours played on it (lol) but I'm having trouble proving it's mine. I was a kid and don't remember most of the details. Time to go digging

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

I just got into OSRS again after a co-worker suggested it. Starting over feels weird since I actually spent summers leveling just woodcutting. I am not sure why I feel the pull of this game, but here I am.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Foreskin Problems posted:

Make sure you turn off public chat

Having played a bit of OSRS by now you should really turn off your public chat for...just about anything

OSRS players are pretty miserable people, it seems

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Sneaky Wombat posted:

I just got into OSRS again after a co-worker suggested it. Starting over feels weird since I actually spent summers leveling just woodcutting. I am not sure why I feel the pull of this game, but here I am.

I understand. Every few years I get the irrepressible urge to start playing this game again, there's something about it that just won't let me go

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Picked the game up for the first time about a week ago, and probably already crammed 100+ hours in doing so. I've likely made a mistake but I'm curious nonetheless, trying to earn a bond via being a memberless peasant.

Also here for the server auth.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Picked the game up for the first time about a week ago, and probably already crammed 100+ hours in doing so. I've likely made a mistake but I'm curious nonetheless, trying to earn a bond via being a memberless peasant.

Also here for the server auth.

If you have prime there might be a free month available. They throw something on there every few months

e: dang nope just some consumables and an outfit

https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/runescape?ingress=amzn&ref_=SM_RS08_P02_CRWN

LordOfTheNoobs
Sep 7, 2009

I got my very first pet a few hours ago! It's the runecrafting one, which is pretty neat for a first pet, so I'm fine with that.

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

I am actually a big fan of OSRS on my phone, but it's killing my productivity at work. Still, I am making decent progress in that and the quests are a lot sharper from what I remember.

Runelite is the biggest gamechanger in all this on my work PC(yeah I know), and I wouldn't bother with anything without it.

Are there any plugins I am missing? The HD one is pretty rad, and I got quest helper, but that's all i'm aware of.

Sneaky Wombat fucked around with this message at 15:34 on May 9, 2022

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sneaky Wombat posted:

I am actually a big fan of OSRS on my phone, but it's killing my productivity at work.
Still, I am making decent progress in that and the quests are a lot sharper from what I remember. Runelite is the biggest gamechanger in all this, and I wouldn't bother with anything without it.

Are there any plugins I am missing? The HD one is pretty rad, and I got quest helper, but that's all i'm aware of.

You can add mods to the phone version?

Android I assume?

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

You can add mods to the phone version?

Android I assume?

I have iphone so no, I was talking about rune lite on pc. The phone thing was just a independent thought, I'll fix my post to make that stream of thought a bit more readable.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sneaky Wombat posted:

I have iphone so no, I was talking about rune lite on pc. The phone thing was just a independent thought, I'll fix my post to make that stream of thought a bit more readable.

Ah ok yeah I’ve tried the iOS version and I was really hopeful for the HD pack haha.

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

My friend at work says we should try Team Ironman and I don't know how to feel about this considering I just restarted again. Does anyone have experience doing this with a buddy?

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Im doing group ironman with a friend from work and it's great. I haven't logged into my main in like 3 months and have no plans to for a while. I'd give it a try. There are tons of ironman efficiency guides out there and I recommend throwing them in the trash and doing whatever you find fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Very tentatively checking out this game as I want an idle game alternative as Trimps is slowing down for me. Two newbie questions:

- I'd like to play as F2P as possible - when will the membership stuff start impacting me? Like, can I do a set of quests and some skill grinding, then begin to care about giving 'em 12$?
- What's the best PVE / "leave me alone I'm playing solo" server?

I effectively want to play this game while I watch shows in my other monitor, and it seems like the right speed for that!