Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

hot witch divorcee posted:

an embarassing amalgamation of confusion, insecurity, and needless and pointless shame i'd prefer to not revisit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ApocalypseEnjoyer posted:

Fine fine one more if you're so thirsty: You will be forever owned by people like me and desert guy, always mad but secretly always wondering what could have been

drat i hate being owned...can you stop?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Dueling slides from doctors Oliver and Hall at ACIP meeting today.

LOL

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Platystemon posted:

Dueling slides from doctors Oliver and Hall at ACIP meeting today.

LOL

all public health bulletins should be designed and published by whoever runs Da Share Zone

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I dated a 20 year old when I was 23. It was a disaster that left me hosed up for like a decade afterwards, not the least the which because we would both later realize we were trans and it made the dynamics of the relationship very weird. Get two people with tons of baggage together, with the girl trying and failing at being a guy very badly and the trans masc enby being a mess because of the abuse they'd experienced from being treated as a girl.

Now, to bring it back to covid, if there was a variant that caused only hyper localized brain damage for the 'crushes on straight girls in high school' part of my brain, I'd be ready to do my part for the economy.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

dxt posted:

That's me in the corner
That's me in the aur-a
Losing my Profession

I thought that I heard they're testing
I thought that I heard they'd trial
I think I heard they said they'd applied

But kid vax was just a dream
Just a dream
Dream

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

empty whippet box posted:

drat i hate being owned...can you stop?

How are you feeling, by the way? I remember you said you were pretty sick.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Platystemon posted:

Fourth Dose of BNT162b2 mRNA Covid-19 Vaccine in a Nationwide Setting

Israel

https://www.nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056/NEJMoa2201688

someone who is good at the health please help me figure out if fourth doses are prudent. my nation is dying

It looks prudent if don't want to end up hospitalized. I'll take it.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Greg Legg posted:

I think there is a major setback in my idea to improve the air quality in the schools I'm in, in order to keep them open. I completely missed it because this thread is really one of the few places I know that take covid seriously. I did not realize how over covid is for a lot of people

I was in the office because I had that big in person meeting and I ran into my boss. She actually apologized to me and said something like, "Hey sorry your first year was so crazy! Next year will be easier!" And I just thought, no, it's going to get way worse.

I am still going to try this with those corsi boxes. I have my own room I'm teaching in over the summer period so that's when I'll start. If it works, it might help me convince people that we need to be taking this seriously if we want to do in person schooling during successive covid waves. Sorry for the long post, any advice is appreciated.

Okay, I am so sorry for referencing the OP, I feel like I do it too often... but have you checked out covidisairborne's resources section? Like I'm a moron and I don't have a solution for you but that site has a lot of infographics and studies and poo poo, some specifically about classroom safety, that might help you formulate a plan to win over your boss and others as to why they should improve ventilation

https://www.covidisairborne.org/
https://www.covidisairborne.org/resources/infographics
https://www.covidisairborne.org/resources/reports
https://www.covidisairborne.org/resources/media

A Bakers Cousin posted:

True crime as a form of entertainment has destroyed some people's brains.

Listen fat, I'm just trying not to get murdered and have my body dissolved in an oil drum on some goon's ranch

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

mawarannahr posted:

like the last Jews in Kabul

Man that guy is a legend.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

hot witch divorcee posted:

it was more apex than fortnite but there was one dude she went to go gently caress that she met on fortnite that while it didn't sound outright illegal, he sounded a little too very early 20s to not be kind of sketchy for a woman in her mid 30s to gently caress around with

i dont remember what it was exactly that tipped me off but i think it was along the lines of them celebrating him hitting drinking age or something

how did it feel when she flossed after handing over the divorce papers

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Greg Legg posted:

It looks prudent if don't want to end up hospitalized. I'll take it.

gently caress you. We’re going to minmax this poo poo.

Only install seatbelts and airbags in the cars with the most reckless drivers.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Are they worried that they will not be able to meet demand for the second booster? Seemed like outside of urban centers, boosters were widely available

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

Sex Arse of Calais posted:

all public health bulletins should be designed and published by whoever runs Da Share Zone

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Hadlock posted:

Are they worried that they will not be able to meet demand for the second booster? Seemed like outside of urban centers, boosters were widely available

Oh no.

If that were the case, they wouldn’t even let the elderly have it.

They just don’t think that the pandemic is that bad.

Full presentation

It’s the “Evidence to Recommendation” presentation, so it’s kind of their job to BOTH SIDES everything, but still, come on.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Greg Legg posted:

How are you feeling, by the way? I remember you said you were pretty sick.

much better today but still a hair sick, about to play jackbox games in le discord for weed day

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

My new rats keep trying to steal my wedding ring

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Sex Arse of Calais posted:

:hmmyes:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
And vaccines are now once again behind a confusing eligibility algorithm as well as a paywall.

May I get a 2nd booster? :iiam:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

skooma512 posted:

And vaccines are now once again behind a confusing eligibility algorithm as well as a paywall.

May I get a 2nd booster? :iiam:

Is there even a material shortage to justify that anymore?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
so are they changing the 2nd booster eligibility rules or no?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Can they just make us solve a riddle or go on a quest or something to get boosted? Like I get if they want to be coy about it but at least give us a chance to earn it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Joementum posted:

so are they changing the 2nd booster eligibility rules or no?

No.

This upholds the eligibility changes that FDA made three weeks ago.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
had a couple different reactions to still wearing a mask in these post-covid times today

neighborhood corner store: lots of attitude from the clerk who turned super tense when he saw me lol
my regular pizza spot (which unfortunately but understandably opened for dine-in for the first time a few weeks ago): the kitchen threw in a free loaf of sourdough, "we appreciate you dude"

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Can they just make us solve a riddle or go on a quest or something to get boosted? Like I get if they want to be coy about it but at least give us a chance to earn it.

Applebee's stamp card where you can get your booster after 10 dine in meals

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Platystemon posted:

No.

This upholds the eligibility changes that FDA made three weeks ago.

booo

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Did they just misplace all the vaccines and are embarrassed about telling us?

Is letting us get vaccinated admitting covid isn’t over so they can let us have one?

Do the vaccines actually gently caress you up and they don’t want to tell us so they’re hoping we’ll just stop asking if they keep putting us off?

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
I love how the mystery surrounding vaccine eligibility is exhausting to a group of people who read and post about COVID 24/7. Bodes well for the general population.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Okay, I am so sorry for referencing the OP, I feel like I do it too often... but have you checked out covidisairborne's resources section? Like I'm a moron and I don't have a solution for you but that site has a lot of infographics and studies and poo poo, some specifically about classroom safety, that might help you formulate a plan to win over your boss and others as to why they should improve ventilation

https://www.covidisairborne.org/
https://www.covidisairborne.org/resources/infographics
https://www.covidisairborne.org/resources/reports
https://www.covidisairborne.org/resources/media

I have, thank you! I also got in touch with some engineers on twitter during the height of the first omicron wave. They showed me that it's actually pretty easy to filter the air enough to safely keep these schools open. The issue I'm having is convincing people that this is something we should be working on.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Stevie Lee posted:

had a couple different reactions to still wearing a mask in these post-covid times today

neighborhood corner store: lots of attitude from the clerk who turned super tense when he saw me lol
my regular pizza spot (which unfortunately but understandably opened for dine-in for the first time a few weeks ago): the kitchen threw in a free loaf of sourdough, "we appreciate you dude"

This owns.

When will wearing a mask morph into a secret society type thing? Seems like it would own and be very cool with no historical downsides to point to.

*note is handed to me*

Oh oh no noooo

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

tangy yet delightful posted:

This owns.

When will wearing a mask morph into a secret society type thing? Seems like it would own and be very cool with no historical downsides to point to.

*note is handed to me*

Oh oh no noooo

what’s the note say?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

what’s the note say?

KKK

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

fosborb posted:

goon desert village is just a reskinning of goon rocket / goon sub, and that was literally true crime

My girlfriend was talking about a documentary she saw the other week, and I was sitting there thinking "home made submarine, denmark, this sounds so familiar"

Just looked it up and lol

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Real Mean Queen posted:

My girlfriend was talking about a documentary she saw the other week, and I was sitting there thinking "home made submarine, denmark, this sounds so familiar"

Just looked it up and lol

oh noooooooo

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Why Am I So Tired posted:

I love how the mystery surrounding vaccine eligibility is exhausting to a group of people who read and post about COVID 24/7. Bodes well for the general population.

And they’re like “People haven’t even gotten first boosters, so clearly we should not push second boosters.”

hotdogman.hpg

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Platystemon posted:

gently caress you. We’re going to minmax this poo poo.

Only install seatbelts and airbags in the cars with the most reckless drivers.

Listen if you get in a car accident and don't need to be life-flighted then what the gently caress was the point of that itchy uncomfortable seatbelt
- an 8 year old or I guess the CDC

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Greg Legg posted:

I have, thank you! I also got in touch with some engineers on twitter during the height of the first omicron wave. They showed me that it's actually pretty easy to filter the air enough to safely keep these schools open. The issue I'm having is convincing people that this is something we should be working on.

It's doable for individual teachers in their own individual classrooms with no special training for a cost of around 10c a student a day (assuming you want to run three corsi cubes and replace the filters every 90 days or so)

But gently caress that it's time for brunch bitch

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
https://discord.gg/fm8edYp7 celebrate 420 with goons who will also be at home, playing Jackbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

which of the approval/advisory boards was pissed that the Biden admin did something for once and overruled them to approve the first boosters for everyone