Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
https://twitter.com/JoeZieja/status/1516806110941831172

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
EGGCEPTANCE AT LONG LAST

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid
Anyone who plays Crystal Conflict as a SMN/BLM: How do you stand on the crystal in the middle of 4/5 guys indefinitely without dying?

Asking for myself, who gets instantly 1/2-shot if I try the same thing I see everyone else doing.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

This is part of the reason why Claude is the best lord of the Three Houses

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Offkorn posted:

Anyone who plays Crystal Conflict as a SMN/BLM: How do you stand on the crystal in the middle of 4/5 guys indefinitely without dying?

Asking for myself, who gets instantly 1/2-shot if I try the same thing I see everyone else doing.

Guard, Summoner's shield ability, spamming Recuperate, dipping in and out of LOS if possible to keep the crystal still but not be permanently on it.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
my advice for playing cc as a blm is don't

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Thundarr posted:

I've never been able to figure out why they seem to have infinite money, but Riot definitely has the capability to make a top tier MMO once they decide to actually do it.

Amazon has a lot of money too, but New World is a terrible game.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

not really relevant - big non-gaming studios trying to make a game is always a hilarious dumpster fire because it's as if microsoft one day decided to make a big budget romantic comedy and used their current execs and staff to make it.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Wonder if DNC chakrams are ever gonna get some battle fan skins

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Wonder if DNC chakrams are ever gonna get some battle fan skins

Their 90 weapon is one.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I want a Mega Man collab so that Dancers can get Cut Man's scissors as a weapon glam.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

ImpAtom posted:

Their 90 weapon is one.

gently caress me I'm like twelve levels away from that, awesome!

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
Can’t wait to see what Riot does with their MMO.

My favorite part of CC right now is the solo queue and limited communication part. It really rewards reactive opportunistic play at the low levels. My winning games have people adapting on the fly and switching targets to capitalize on damage a teammate has put on an enemy.

My best guess is at the higher tiers there is more proactive game sense: better target calling, coordinating burst and LB usage.

SMN phoenix LB does more work for me in most scenarios. Even in high silver people know to focus SMN when they drop LB so the healing is important. Equally as important is if you spread burn to enough enemies it tends to outpace healing when your teammates pounce on low HP opponents. Phoenix outputs a lot of pressure.

The downside to the entire SMN kit is if you can run away from danger zones a lot of the DPS falls off.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Subjunctive posted:

Amazon’s expectation is raw money overcomes all flaws in a business plan. Like hiring people with no experience making MMOs or even big budget games in general.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

ok i normally hate using glam pieces that an NPC also uses but like.

drat. you got me. i guess i gotta use this now

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Top damage, no deaths, high time on objective, and 14 assists... but 0 kills?? How did I go that match as a summoner and have every single kill stolen from me lol

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I’m finding myself very overleveled going through ARR. Currently I’m a 33 PLD and I think the quest I’m on is marked for level 24. Is there enough XP to progress more than one class, switching back and forth? It’d be a bit annoying to catch the lower leveled one up but probably better now than later if there’s more than enough XP.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Anno posted:

I’m finding myself very overleveled going through ARR. Currently I’m a 33 PLD and I think the quest I’m on is marked for level 24. Is there enough XP to progress more than one class, switching back and forth? It’d be a bit annoying to catch the lower leveled one up but probably better now than later if there’s more than enough XP.

Yeah. Especially if you are doing your daily roulettes and stuff, you should have ample xp to stay ahead of the curve with an extra job.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Kind of lovely that they ruined Frontlines by changing the abilities and blatantly doing zero playtesting of it. No DR on CC and giving AoE abilities balanced for teams of 5 to teams of 24 is ridiculous. Some of the maps you can kind of play around it but it made Borderland Ruins even worse than it was.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

CJ posted:

Kind of lovely that they ruined Frontlines by changing the abilities and blatantly doing zero playtesting of it. No DR on CC and giving AoE abilities balanced for teams of 5 to teams of 24 is ridiculous. Some of the maps you can kind of play around it but it made Borderland Ruins even worse than it was.

Front lines was never balanced. It's the same murder ball as always but everyone's way more killable instead of healers requiring 20 people to focus them to do anything about that.

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Front lines was never balanced. It's the same murder ball as always but everyone's way more killable instead of healers requiring 20 people to focus them to do anything about that.

I've read enough of this thread now that I immediately looked at who was posting the hot take and eyerolled out of engagement, but if you want to be constructive about it there's a kind of natural rhythm to any thread lull being invigorated by a known bad opinioner barrelling in, throwing poo on the floor and then pointing at it and saying 'this is gold actually'.

It's like two whole pages of new content, created from nothing, as if by magic. Something something aether dynamis.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

That's why it sucks. It used to be that unless you got wildly out of position you could still survive the enemy team trying to kill you. Now there's so much burst and CC, and healers are neutered so there's no counterplay. If they target you you're dead. It leaves melee with nothing to do on Borderland Ruins and Fields of Glory.

Old Frontline had its problems, like if you had no healers you probably weren't going to win, but it was way more balanced than the current incarnation.

CJ fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Apr 21, 2022

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Old frontlines had its problems but I still think it was less dumb than the current system where summoners are comically better than any other job and every game largely comes down to who has more

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I had never experienced even a single second of fun from old PvP. This is already better than that.

It is comically poorly balanced right now, though.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/alphinaudsgf/status/1516783433191768065?s=21&t=5wC3tt9WktIsRVa_Ogly0w

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Alphisaie

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

There's a lot of interesting things going on in new pvp but the balance is really rough, and fighting multiple WARs in frontlines is a horrible and miserable experience. Everyone's trying to stay in their team's murderball and not get focused, and WARs can just pick one person they don't want to be alive anymore and swallow them into the doomstack, every 15 seconds. Which is separate from their 15 sec cooldown gap closer + aoe stun. Even LBs I can counter, keep myself topped off to not get sniped by a MCH, be careful not to hit a SAM's shield, but a warrior that has a team nearby can just end people at will.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

No Mods No Masters posted:

Old frontlines had its problems but I still think it was less dumb than the current system where summoners are comically better than any other job and every game largely comes down to who has more

As opposed to old Frontlines which was "Who actually got a healer who isn't brain dead and then the most tanks to CC/Yank dudes to kill."

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

As opposed to old Frontlines which was "Who actually got a healer who isn't brain dead and then the most tanks to CC/Yank dudes to kill."

Yes? I think it should be pretty obvious that a mix of healers, tanks, and CC mattering is better than one job mattering??

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Frontlines being a mess right now is unfortunate but worth it for CC being as good as it is

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

The healing changes are good. I like actually being able to play the job I want instead of playing chicken and hoping someone else will switch to healer so I don't have to.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

No Mods No Masters posted:

Yes? I think it should be pretty obvious that a mix of healers, tanks, and CC mattering is better than one job mattering??

A) You're grossly overselling how dependent it is on that one class and B) Again, being dependent on getting 2 classes isn't that much better, Frontlines was always always an unbalanced bloody mess and this isn't that much inherently different.

And honestly I'll take it over the hell of "Well they only have 1 tank and 2 DPS hitting the SGE/AST so I guess I'm just going to watch them slowly walk away into their murderball". At least every can kill and also die now.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I had a lot of fun as Scholar in frontlines today, spreading DOTs to 15 people at a time may not have the satisfaction of outright killing them but it certainly racks up the assists, and the fairy LB feels pretty strong on defense.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
old frontlines owned because i was an immortal whm jesus single-handedly holding back an enemy team

current frontlines owns because i can regularly delete a half dozen enemies in one LB

it's all good man

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
finally !!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

yeah, finally !!

i ended the night at silver 3.2 never mind the fact that i was at silver 1.2 earlier in the night :negative:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I was very embarrassed that it took me until this post to realize what was weird about that screenshot.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Just lost a won CC game that would have ranked me up to Diamond because a Machinist rolled the 3% to oneshot me from full HP with Chainsaw :shepicide:

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Anno posted:

As someone said earlier, doing roulettes regularly will let you keep two classes going. But XP starts slowing down a lot once quests get to the 30s and 40s. There are a bunch of dungeons in the 15-20 zone that can get you pretty far ahead, but when I tried to dual-class on my first playthrough (about two years ago, so after the ARR rework), I eventually had to choose one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Hmm, when would be the best time for me to land a Dalriada party