Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

I made this mug and got it out of the salt kiln today. I’m incredibly pleased with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Thats a quality lookin mug. Would drink from it.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

BlindSite posted:

This thread is very sad and angry today.

I find myself occasionally thinking about the Matthew Shepard case from when I was a kid, for whatever reason it always really stuck with me, now more than ever with all the new laws being passed targeting LGBTQ kids. I get it’s not like there aren’t constantly new things to get mad about but this issue especially resonates with me, it’s hard not to be scared and upset that so many people in America are so willing to embrace that hate. Plus, like, what’s a middle aged divorced dad gonna do, develop some healthy and positive means of coping with stress or get worked up and post online about it, it’s 2022 baby, this is the way!

Edit with a link, to be less vague for our overseas compatriots who don’t have the same frame of reference

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Shepard

Thaddius the Large fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Apr 21, 2022

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Thaddius the Large posted:

I find myself occasionally thinking about the Matthew Shepard case from when I was a kid, for whatever reason it always really stuck with me, now more than ever with all the new laws being passed targeting LGBTQ kids. I get it’s not like there aren’t constantly new things to get mad about but this issue especially resonates with me, it’s hard not to be scared and upset that so many people in America are so willing to embrace that hate. Plus, like, what’s a middle aged divorced dad gonna do, develop some healthy and positive means of coping with stress or get worked up and post online about it, it’s 2022 baby, this is the way!

I'm not going to discuss my views on transgender teenagers. But I can understand why some people have strong feelings and why they might get upset.

Cant set yourself on fire to keep others warm. Try not to take it all to heart.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Let me look in my insurance docs to see where that’s covered.

I know you're kidding, but in case anyone wants a fun fact - this would not be covered because of the war exclusion.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Latest Moon Knight ep got weird again and I dig it

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
In weird news today, last night I made a shitpost on Twitter, a semi famous person quoted tweeted it and it made it on the local news this morning. All because I said our city attorney was copying her opponent's ideas from the election!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Neil Armbong posted:

I made this mug and got it out of the salt kiln today. I’m incredibly pleased with it.

drat I love salt fire! That's a nice mug, I like the square shape. Coil handbuilt, not thrown, right?

That looks so much better than the first mug I ever made (I've made like... four...? I'm married to a ceramic artist, so I've dipped my toe in, but that's it).

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Intruder posted:

Latest Moon Knight ep got weird again and I dig it

I got interrupted by a bat in my house and only got halfway through the episode :mad:

(do I need to be looking into prophylactic rabies shots if I didn't make contact with the bat?)

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Well do you want to be Man-Bat or not?

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Yes but I don't think that's how you get there

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Leperflesh posted:

drat I love salt fire! That's a nice mug, I like the square shape. Coil handbuilt, not thrown, right?

That looks so much better than the first mug I ever made (I've made like... four...? I'm married to a ceramic artist, so I've dipped my toe in, but that's it).

Thrown cylinder that I altered to make more square.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Since I’m a baby I use Mio sometimes to flavor my water. I bought two things if it yesterday.

Both same size, both same serving size

One says 18 servings and the other says 24. Make it make sense!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Only thing I can think of is the right one has electrolytes, so it may be that the 18 oz is to keep the concentration of electrolytes higher.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Since I’m a baby I use Mio sometimes to flavor my water. I bought two things if it yesterday.

Both same size, both same serving size

One says 18 servings and the other says 24. Make it make sense!

The serving size says 1/2tsp for both, but one is 2ml and the other is 2.5ml.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

The serving size says 1/2tsp for both, but one is 2ml and the other is 2.5ml.

Bird in a Blender posted:

Only thing I can think of is the right one has electrolytes, so it may be that the 18 oz is to keep the concentration of electrolytes higher.

Well you both figured out in like 2 min what I couldn’t in 10. I’m my defense I have strep and might be dying so

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

We’re all dying, Joey

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

Fellas. What should we make first?

A pork shoulder should always be the break in smoke. Takes forever but is easy and rewarding.

What brand is that?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

BlindSite posted:

I'm not going to discuss my views on transgender teenagers.

Uh, exactly how many different kinds of views are there on transgender teenagers? Either you respect them as humans, or, well...

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

A pork shoulder should always be the break in smoke. Takes forever but is easy and rewarding.

What brand is that?

It’s a LifeSmart. I hadn’t heard of them but it got good reviews, came with a good starter pack and was a good bit cheaper than the more well known brands. A buddy has a Kamodo Joe and we couldn’t really tell the difference in the two.

I figured there would be some trial and error so I just did steaks and potatoes on it last night and I didn’t Manas it so so far so good

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Mike Tyson gave some guy a beating on a plane

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1517136382497538049?t=NrMhC8dlnv4_R77VtcjwCQ&s=19

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Timby posted:

Uh, exactly how many different kinds of views are there on transgender teenagers? Either you respect them as humans, or, well...

Ah, a nuanced conversation.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Whomst of us haven’t wanted to beat someone’s rear end on a plane??

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Baaaaad meme memory from Mio, ran out of cranberry so started using mio/water to mix with my vodka. So had a few drinks and by the end was using waaaay to much mio in the mix. The sweetest reddest puke at the end of the night, stained my toilet for days. So bad….I can still taste the over powering sweetness when I think of it.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Joey Freshwater posted:

Whomst of us haven’t wanted to beat someone’s rear end on a plane??

There's video. He was definitely being annoying

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

I can't recall who it was, but a comic was joking about Mike Tyson until a friend reminded him that Mike still can knock a motherfucker out so he stopped telling Mike Tyson jokes.

Drunk guy kept poking a bear surprised that bear fucks him up is a story as old as time itself.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

It’s a LifeSmart. I hadn’t heard of them but it got good reviews, came with a good starter pack and was a good bit cheaper than the more well known brands. A buddy has a Kamodo Joe and we couldn’t really tell the difference in the two.

I figured there would be some trial and error so I just did steaks and potatoes on it last night and I didn’t Manas it so so far so good

Never heard of that but looks good. I have two Kamado Joe's and I love how many ways you can use a Kamado grill.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

The hero the flight with that youth pastor singing in the aisle needed.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

No Butt Stuff posted:

Ah, a nuanced conversation.

There are many shades of gray for many discussions in life.

This is not one of those discussions. Trans teenagers are human beings.

Human rights are binary. Either they are recognized and treated as humans with all the rights thereof or they are not.

People who think trans teenagers are not human beings can go gently caress themselves.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Little Mac is an rear end in a top hat.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Apropos of nothing else this is pretty spectacular

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Joey Freshwater posted:

For my birthday one year my ex-wife gave me an off-brand Kamado cooker (I think it was Akorn) and that thing was loving amazing for steaks and burgers. Especially once I installed the chimney starter.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Approximately how many emails would you guys say you get at work in a month?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hot Diggity! posted:

A month? I get a few hundred a week so 1000+ easy. 90% of them I don’t even bother with but they’re ones I “need” to be on so whatever

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Hot Diggity! posted:

At my last job, I'd get 20-25 a day, five days a week, so let's just ballpark it and say that's a hundred a week and 400-450 a month.

Granted, I was working for a multinational heathcare tech company with more than a thousand employees.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Hot Diggity! posted:

I'd ballpark it at 1,000 emails a month.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1517166034092007425

anyone who worked for quibi must be feeling good right now

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Yeah 1,000 emails a month sounds like a decent floor estimate.

But I only need to actively address maybe 15% to 25% of those?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Vertical Lime posted:

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1517166034092007425

anyone who worked for quibi must be feeling good right now

Wow, that was fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Hot Diggity! posted:

The publicly traded med device company I just left: probably about 1,200 a month counting all the automated poo poo, business unit/Quality/site-wide/company-wide communications, software downtime, etc. I gave up on inbox zero for my last 15 months, and had ~13k in my inbox + a lot more filtered out automatically.

The small company I'm in week 3 of right now: a total of 46 in 14 days including meeting invite acceptance notifications. I know it will ramp up when I have actual project and responsibilities, but it kind of feels like I'm in week 4 of my between jobs vacation.