Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Merlot Brougham posted:

France paying bonds for the same price but it pays in a few days. We're all double maxed for Sunday in France right?
Right now the Economist is forecasting that Le Pen has a ~10% chance of winning, and also that Macron has a ~10% chance of winning in a 20-point landslide. So there's not a whole lot of confidence it seems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i may be holding several thousand le pen shares for election-day jitters

i watched the whole loving debate lol, this is the true brokebrain thread

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

The White Darryl Strawberry

Salad Prong

ShadowHawk posted:

Right now the Economist is forecasting that Le Pen has a ~10% chance of winning, and also that Macron has a ~10% chance of winning in a 20-point landslide. So there's not a whole lot of confidence it seems

I have supreme confidence

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

JITTERS

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

i say swears online posted:

i watched the whole loving debate lol, this is the true brokebrain thread

Do you speak French op?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

net work error posted:

Do you speak French op?

there was real-time translation. Macron's voice actor was way too emotive

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

I hope you may have been making a joke there. Doesn't seem like there's enough wiggle room (or MAGA money) in the market this time even though the election itself is a carbon copy of the last cycle.

I also hope you do alright when the dust settles.

Merlot Brougham has issued a correction as of 07:30 on Apr 24, 2022

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

five minutes until results and macron is pushing .98. i think the money stops being so dumb when there's no trump around. sigh

i lost around a hundred bucks, way less than it could have been. sold a few hours ago on turnout forecasts. i still think buying macron at .90 weeks ago was an insane move

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

five minutes until results and macron is pushing .98. i think the money stops being so dumb when there's no trump around. sigh

i lost around a hundred bucks, way less than it could have been. sold a few hours ago on turnout forecasts. i still think buying macron at .90 weeks ago was an insane move

We really do need Trump in the race to profit off the truly deranged.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

i still think buying macron at .90 weeks ago was an insane move

Hey now, I got in around 80. :smugdon:

Glad your situation didn't end up worse.

Merlot Brougham has issued a correction as of 21:54 on Apr 25, 2022

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

buying lottos tends not to turn to disaster as often as bonding does in my experience

bonding beto to be the nominee was still the most sure thing i've done in the last year

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

fetterman .95 lol, i guess that's pretty much a sure thing now too

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

buying lottos tends not to turn to disaster as often as bonding does in my experience

bonding beto to be the nominee was still the most sure thing i've done in the last year

Or as I like to call him, the John James of Texas.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

You can still bet on this one

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i hate jd vance so much

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

If you believe in the leaked Supreme Court Roe v Wade opinion you can bet it's real here: https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/7504

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
I made a fuckload off of the Biden Approval market that resolves tomorrow morning, and now I dumped it all into Madison Cawthorn at 49c for the NC-11 primary market.

It resolves in 10 days.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

I made a fuckload off of the Biden Approval market that resolves tomorrow morning, and now I dumped it all into Madison Cawthorn at 49c for the NC-11 primary market.

It resolves in 10 days.

he's having a great day

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

he's having a great day

it's true.

so easy to pump and buy & pump & dump

I love trolling the comments section. So much better than facebook!

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

it's true.

so easy to pump and buy & pump & dump

We need do be doing this in a more organized fashion.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

y'all in on the kathy barnette surge

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

y'all in on the kathy barnette surge

I am not. I have not been watching NJ PA close enough to really know what's happening beyond the fact that a carpetbagging Dr. Oz is in the race.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

How well known is barnette? Can she beat Oz's fame and Trump's endorsement?

Atahualpa
Aug 18, 2015

A lucky bird.

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

How well known is barnette? Can she beat Oz's fame and Trump's endorsement?

Not sure, but Oz does seem to have very little enthusiasm behind him for a Trump-endorsed, celebrity candidate. He's been leading in the polls but basically within the margin of error - I think the Fox poll from a day or two ago had him at 22, McCormick 20, and Barnette 19 - and there are still a high number of people saying they're undecided even after Trump's endorsement. Doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm on the ground either from what I'm told. There's also the question of whether support for either McCormick or Barnette might collapse and if so who benefits? And it seems from polling that the main concern of Republican primary voters in the state is who can win in November, so you might end up seeing some of that "I prefer X but I'm voting for Y because he's more electable" energy. If I had to pick a favorite I'd give a slight edge to Barnette because she's surging at just the right time and I have a feeling a decent chunk of McCormick supporters would switch to her if it looks like it'll come down to her or Oz. But honestly I'd consider the market a pure gamble at this point, too much uncertainty and nobody is clearly underpriced.

(I got some Oz Y when it became clear Trump was going to endorse him and went heavily into Barnette N way too early and am regretting both decisions now. And that's after selling a ton of cheap Barnette Y shares a few weeks ago ago when she jumped all the way up to... 10c. :shepicide:)

Edit: Should have added, another element of uncertainty is that Barnette is relatively unknown and hasn't been a focus of the others in the race up to this point, so it wasn't clear what kind of ammo there was against her. The price just shifted 6-7c on Hannity tearing into her.

Atahualpa has issued a correction as of 03:04 on May 12, 2022

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

If Oz has the blessing of Fox News and gets their anchors as free attacks dogs... I'm put my money on Oz.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

rip, currently losing money on oz. i won betting against cawthorn but wasn't enough to make up for it

Atahualpa
Aug 18, 2015

A lucky bird.
Yay, got lucky on that one. I got burned recently on getting in on Vance N way too early and couldn't shake the feeling that I had set myself up for the same here with Barnette N.

Just LOL if McCormick pulls it off after all; it was always a possibility with Barnette splitting the crazy vote but I think he was like 13c yesterday and now he's up 1.2% with 66% of the vote counted. I think the remaining areas are supposed to lean Oz though; it'll be close if so.

Edit: Looking more and more like McCormick, RIP my shares in the "Which party will win the U.S. Senate election in Pennsylvania in 2022?" market.

Atahualpa has issued a correction as of 03:41 on May 18, 2022

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

diamond hands

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong
Is it safe to make money betting that Dr. Oz will win, yet?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's possible he wins by a few hundo but a recount will languish awhile and prices will fluctuate. i'm staying out for now

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Same here.

I'm now debating how I'm going to bet on midterms.

On one hand, Republicans hold an advantage due to current economic conditions. Not exactly the democrats fault but perception is reality. On the other hand, Republicans especially the "MAGA Crowd" is still extremely unpopular so much that it's impacting their electability in the general.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

gas prices might skyrocket past $6/gallon which is not going to be good for democrats in the midterms regardless of maga

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Republicans should be the default choice to win swing districts but there are enough monstrously incompetent idiots running that they could easily throw some key races.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i bought some dem senate on the roe news but definitely don't think it's likely they hold

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

What are we thinking on Oz vs. Fetterman? I think Fetterman's great but can he beat the worlds best career Dr. Conman?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

depends on if he actually got hosed by that stroke

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

What are we thinking on Oz vs. Fetterman? I think Fetterman's great but can he beat the worlds best career Dr. Conman?

I think/hope there will be better markets around.

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Anyone checked out kalshi? Seems very similar to predictit, but with more finance (and covid) related markets. Not nearly as much volume unfortunately, pretty wide spreads.

The fee schedule is more transaction (per/contract) based, not on profits and withdrawals.

https://kalshi.com/docs/kalshi-fee-schedule.pdf

Thinking about putting some money in, but my accountant is gonna hate me for generating *another* set of 1099s or whatever this place spits out.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

Salad Prong

Baddog posted:

Anyone checked out kalshi? Seems very similar to predictit, but with more finance (and covid) related markets. Not nearly as much volume unfortunately, pretty wide spreads.

The fee schedule is more transaction (per/contract) based, not on profits and withdrawals.

https://kalshi.com/docs/kalshi-fee-schedule.pdf

Thinking about putting some money in, but my accountant is gonna hate me for generating *another* set of 1099s or whatever this place spits out.

I have checked it out briefly a while ago but do not have an account.

I am ready to be persuaded, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

lol