Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

skasion posted:

Knee deep in the DMs

nice.

no weiners yet in spite of my unfortunate phrasing.

this is not a complaint do not send.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoo Cafe
Jul 19, 2004
"You got, uhh, Holden Caulfield in there, man?"

skasion posted:

Knee deep in the DMs

:hmmyes:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Gaspy Conana posted:

nice.

Bless this thread's sanity because outside, that request would have been granted within minutes.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
doomcute dicks

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Gaspy Conana posted:

nice.

Graspy Banana.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m glad the Quake update starts you on the accessibility screen so you can immediately turn it all off. That new font scared me for a moment.:v:

Hahaha I opened it up on switch and immediately said “ugh!” out loud

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Hahaha I opened it up on switch and immediately said “HWUH!” out loud

ftfy.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Gunship Mark is still alive

https://twitter.com/GunshipMarkII/status/1517051948419194881

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4s4jAP8qxs
I didn't find the demo very interesting, but I am kinda surprised at the weapon variety.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
That's a relief! I'd been checking his twitter for updates and I won't pretend I was entirely optimistic...

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

:unsmith:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Turbo Overkill "comes out" tomorrow, which just means it's another game I'll be waiting for years to leave early access.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Apr 22, 2022

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-sBQorZ2us

Emulated I guess, but I'm glad to see them get some love

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-sBQorZ2us

Emulated I guess, but I'm glad to see them get some love

it's buried in the comments, but strictly limited is doing a physical release for switch or mega drive/genesis (including the previously unreleased sequel)

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Worth noting that the ROMs for two of those games (one of which is an extremely unfinished prototype) were on the rights holders’ webpage for free, legal download for at least a decade before the Piko Interactive weirdo swept in and bought it up so he could sell the exact same ROM on Steam for twelve bucks.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Oh, Piko is involved. Okay you shouldn't really give that loving butthead money, no. drat it.

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

Oh, I thought the name was familiar. Didn't they do a similar thing with Pushover? The DOS versions music wasn't that , uh, freeform, was it? I only played it on the Amiga.

Wait, hang on, seven quid for what seems to be the old, free, Retrospec Head Over Heels remake?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'm 100% for game preservation, but that being said, ZT is... alright when you just had a genesis, and is completely overshadowed by literally every fps of its time. It is very much a sort of bland experience and one that you likely won't go back to after trying it once.

I played the poo poo out of it back in the day because I'd already played a ton of Wolf3D, Catacomb Abyss, and Ken's Labyrinth on my pc, wasn't allowed to play Doom (Edit: played it anyway, to death, because gently caress yeah), and this was what I had left over.

I do wish it was a remaster; I'd like to see a new take on it. Actually, if they were able to do a source port on it that supported m+kb, I'd likely run through it again, but I don't think I could go back and attempt to play a retro fps that was designed to be controlled via the 3-button Genesis controller of all things.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Gaspy Conana posted:

if any of you want me to put your junk in my game as a billboarded sprite that can be blown to smithereens, send it to me here: jay at jaytholen dot net
don't worry about keying out the background, i can do that myself. :D

more info in this thread:
https://twitter.com/jaytholen/status/1516862932503732229

so far we've had submissions of beloved stuffed animals and pets which is pretty funny since people will be blowing these things up. gonna put the pets in but make them look like statues or figurines.

vvv - YES

This really makes me wish I had anything that was weird or unique knocking about at home, but I do work in a strange tattoo shop with a heap of weird wooden carvings on the wall if those work?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah Piko uh, don't have a very good relationship with people who like preserving games

https://twitter.com/StoodUpOtomo/status/1500859499833270275

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Shoehead posted:

This really makes me wish I had anything that was weird or unique knocking about at home, but I do work in a strange tattoo shop with a heap of weird wooden carvings on the wall if those work?

Yeah those could work! Anything not-an-IP could work.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah Piko uh, don't have a very good relationship with people who like preserving games

https://twitter.com/StoodUpOtomo/status/1500859499833270275

Piko is at the opposite end of the chart from noted Good Preservationist Frank Cifaldi. gently caress em.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
In Reelism, I'm guessing the reversal (not 100% if that's the name) where it says "up is down, left is right", is supposed to reverse your controls? Because other than centering my camera when it drops, it doesn't appear to do anything. Is this just me? Is my being a inverted mouselook freak bugging this out?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

In Reelism, I'm guessing the reversal (not 100% if that's the name) where it says "up is down, left is right", is supposed to reverse your controls? Because other than centering my camera when it drops, it doesn't appear to do anything. Is this just me? Is my being a inverted mouselook freak bugging this out?

As per the manual (:colbert:), what it actually does is it mirrors the map itself, while not changing your controls.

This only really affects me on a few maps.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

As per the manual (:colbert:), what it actually does is it mirrors the map itself, while not changing your controls.

This only really affects me on a few maps.

Haha, I would never have noticed this if I wasn't told. Very good

HolyKrap
Feb 10, 2008

adfgaofdg
These graphics are giving off DNF vibes
https://twitter.com/BrutalJohn_Game/status/1517161377336467456

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

quote:

Insane boss fights: from crazy cooks and generals - to huge brain machines, and fatty aliens.
Destroy cryptomining technologies.
Stylish Retro graphics.
SOLD SOLD SOLD

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

SOLD SOLD SOLD

:hmmyes:

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Ya boy got to play the Selaco demo.

It is 100% as good as it looks. Plays smooth, combat is a blast, sound design is solid and satisfying, and even though the horse has been beaten to death, it's still bananas to think this is GZDoom. It's like this perfect cocktail of FEAR and Half-Life. NDA says I can only post short 30 second clips of it, so I'll do that later today. I got some tiny qualms with some of the design but overall it fucken rules!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Selaco is on top of my long Steam wishlist, by far. Everything I've seen is right up my alley.

I wish I had a history of what I had on my wishlist through the years because right now I don't have a single AAA game close to the top 20:

(I already own Divinity 2 Original Sin on PS4)

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Ya boy got to play the Selaco demo.

It is 100% as good as it looks. Plays smooth, combat is a blast, sound design is solid and satisfying, and even though the horse has been beaten to death, it's still bananas to think this is GZDoom. It's like this perfect cocktail of FEAR and Half-Life. NDA says I can only post short 30 second clips of it, so I'll do that later today. I got some tiny qualms with some of the design but overall it fucken rules!

Selaco is going to amaze a fair amount of people I think. My main concern (as I said in Discord) is they've only got one mapper so far so I'm not actually sure how it's going to translate to the final game. (of course there's always the possibility they hire extra)

And here's a short clip displaying my terrible skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJJ1xrHIC2w

DonVincenzo fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 22, 2022

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

Easily my most anticipated FPS of the year along with the Prodeus full release. Doom in all its forms is magical.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

very encouraging that it looks just as sick in a regular gameplay clip as it does in the trailer

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I realize it's pre-beta and rough but wow Brutal John is kinda bad. It reminds me of Wrack more than anything. Good idea for a story though.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

Jon St. Dong

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
It is no bueno. Feels like a cargo cult retro shooter that's just trying to jump on the bandwagon.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Man, Selaco's got some good gun-feels.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm 100% for game preservation, but that being said, ZT is... alright when you just had a genesis, and is completely overshadowed by literally every fps of its time. It is very much a sort of bland experience and one that you likely won't go back to after trying it once.

I played the poo poo out of it back in the day because I'd already played a ton of Wolf3D, Catacomb Abyss, and Ken's Labyrinth on my pc, wasn't allowed to play Doom (Edit: played it anyway, to death, because gently caress yeah), and this was what I had left over.

I do wish it was a remaster; I'd like to see a new take on it. Actually, if they were able to do a source port on it that supported m+kb, I'd likely run through it again, but I don't think I could go back and attempt to play a retro fps that was designed to be controlled via the 3-button Genesis controller of all things.

I loved Zero Tolerance at the time, but playing any FPS with the view taking up less tha half of the screen, about 10 frames per second with a tiny view distance doesn't sound like fun any more.

Although it was fun seeing gore splattered on walls after killing something, getting shot from across a room by something you can't even see still sucks

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://twitter.com/mclogenog/status/1517795567266582529

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
That neat looking mod for Half-Life 2 that swaps day/night across the levels has another teaser for Ravenhold which turns it into fucken Silent Hill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reEjcFkT9fI