Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Mike's "good for you" seemed to be more of an admiration for discipline. Which I can definitely see him having appreciation for as a football and wrestling coach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Mike is now my large best friend.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

watching the sneak previews on youtube just hammers home even harder how cool mike is

I'm worried Omar is going to get busted like Swati for playing every side though

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I don't follow Survivor twitter very much, during her exit interview Lydia talked about BFJ and BFJA, what do those acronyms mean? I searched twitter but all I saw was people tweeting using the hashtag.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

big fat juicy rear end

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

SalTheBard posted:

I don't follow Survivor twitter very much, during her exit interview Lydia talked about BFJ and BFJA, what do those acronyms mean? I searched twitter but all I saw was people tweeting using the hashtag.

lol

uh

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My impression is that Lydia’s popularity is in large part thanks to a very active social engagement in that really online style.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
there's more than one way to win at survivor

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm pretty sure the only way is to get the most votes at final tribal

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
incorrect, can point to many people who got the most votes but are still total losers

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Khanstant posted:

there's more than one way to win at survivor

Just look at Brice, forgettable third boot but he busted really hard keeping connected with Survivor. Not that I think he's actually any good as a player, but he used his connection to the show well enough.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

gently caress yes let’s see it crash and burn even harder.
https://twitter.com/redmondsurvivor/status/1516871874231390209

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

njsykora posted:

gently caress yes let’s see it crash and burn even harder.
https://twitter.com/redmondsurvivor/status/1516871874231390209

How did the first one crash and burn

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Nihonniboku posted:

How did the first one crash and burn

It was in the very early days of Survivor, so no-one watched it and they made some properly baffling production decisions. Like reiterating the “fire represents life” part every 5 minutes (which gave plenty of scope for mockery in the press) and the cast just being overly friendly to the point of just accepting when it was their time to be voted out.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lmao red handed

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
ahahahaha trapped hole. also good callback to the fake blood thing from early on

edit: drea has so much stuff im getting that feeling of someone bout to go home with a pocketful of tricks

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Apr 21, 2022

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
look jeff, unless that monster is the auction, i'm not excited

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Jeff folds so quick

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Romeo correctly reads he’s been left out of the group and then everyone gets mad at him for being paranoid. Drea dropped him so fast too, ouch

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I wonder why Romeo targeted Hai in his vote

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Romeo may have a correct read but if you’re just causing enough noise with it to almost get yourself voted off you’re clearly misplaying it.

I cracked up at Jonathan having an actual “Ill do it myself” group challenge moment.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

Romeo may have a correct read but if you’re just causing enough noise with it to almost get yourself voted off you’re clearly misplaying it.

I cracked up at Jonathan having an actual “Ill do it myself” group challenge moment.

Just finished the episode. I’m actually surprised at how many strong players are left. A lot of mid game strong still left that need to go to war.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

I love that challenge. Cliff taking it over and thwarting a challenge throw attempt owned too.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Khanstant posted:

ahahahaha trapped hole. also good callback to the fake blood thing from early on

edit: drea has so much stuff im getting that feeling of someone bout to go home with a pocketful of tricks

I loved the nonchalance with which she pulled out all those advantages. I had no idea she'd collected that many lmao

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I loved the blood trap thing, such a good trick. I was angry that the "risk" was that you could get caught searching, but when they revealed the blood thing I was loving it.

Good on Tori for noticing and deducing the bullshit about painting the flag though. She's the worst, but you can't argue with the fact that she's doing the best she can for the position she's put herself in with her lovely social game.

Until we see out-of-game Jonathan content I will continue to be impressed by his insane ability to kick rear end. I regret picking him as my pregame poison, but maybe that will pan out if he turns out to be a psycho.

Poor Romeo sure has lost his edge. I don't totally know how he had such a fall from a position of assumed power but his doom spiral has definitely sunk him. I had anticipated him going far too.

Sink all idols in fake blood from now on.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SweetJahasus posted:

Poor Romeo sure has lost his edge. I don't totally know how he had such a fall from a position of assumed power but his doom spiral has definitely sunk him. I had anticipated him going far too.

He got too comfortable at the merge and ended up outside the majority

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

The Mighty Moltres posted:

HOLY poo poo?! APPLEBEES!
gently caress YEAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!
*Jumps up and down, punches my self in the face, headbutts the guy standing next to me, runs over and toungue-kisses Jeff, falls over and spasms until I vomit*

that made me laugh so hard. it was almost on the level of that time they were forced to watch an adam sandler film

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Metis of the Hallways posted:

I loved the nonchalance with which she pulled out all those advantages. I had no idea she'd collected that many lmao

Well one of them is useless on its own for now unless she works with the other two amulet holders or gets them voted out.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Can someone remind me exactly how the amulet works so I don't have to look it up. And also who has them.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

IcePhoenix posted:

Can someone remind me exactly how the amulet works so I don't have to look it up. And also who has them.

It gains slightly better Survivor advantages the fewer people with an amulet are in the game. Ends as an idol with only 1 left, and some poo poo with votes with 2 & 3 people.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

IcePhoenix posted:

Lindsay, Hai and Drea have them. They have to be agreed upon to be used at the same time (kinda like a super idol).

If all three are in the game, they can be combined for an extra vote.

If two of them are in the game, they can be combined for a steal a vote.

If only one is left, it's an idol.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Let's say Tori loses immunity and goes home because now she's a challenge threat on top of being an outcast. That leaves 9 players left.

From there, Drea could join with Maryanne and they'd basically have the advantages to run the game together. Obviously this is just fan fiction but the point is the amount of power Drea + Maryanne could wield is just absurd. Two extra votes, two idols already, steal Mike's idol for a third idol, idol out Hai and Lindsay for a fourth idol. Rejoin with Romeo and you can do even more.

There's some good uses for the extra votes. Like, at 9, if the majority (minus Drea) is splitting 3-3 against Maryanne and Romeo, then MA+R+D+extra vote can take it 4-3-3 without using an idol. If the majority is planning any other type of vote split, you can vote together and play an idol there, keeping the two extra votes, and your three has the majority at 7 without even needing an idol. And so on, the number of options for all those powers is huge.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Apr 21, 2022

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ApplesandOranges posted:

Lindsay, Hai and Drea have them. They have to be agreed upon to be used at the same time (kinda like a super idol).

If all three are in the game, they can be combined for an extra vote.

If two of them are in the game, they can be combined for a steal a vote.

If only one is left, it's an idol.

Thank you.

I wonder if Drea can steal one and what happens if she does.

Like does it count as being removed so the other ones remaining gain more power or does it mean there will always be at least two in the game so it can never be an idol.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

My guess is it wouldn't work... because like, if they all just gave their amulets to one person, it still wouldn't be an idol, right? Since the point is if all three amulets are in the game, even if they work together it would just be an extra vote? So I think stealing it would just be the same.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

One of the biggest threats is the group of dudes, and everyone is going to see that quick. Also, I got a funny feeling rock will make it far since he’s calmed down, and seems very happy being just a pal. Kind of a perfect person to take with you to the final group, and hype him up thinking he could win. (He won’t unless his game changes).

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Jonathan Omar Islam convo please

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Fast Luck posted:

Let's say Tori loses immunity and goes home because now she's a challenge threat on top of being an outcast. That leaves 9 players left.

From there, Drea could join with Maryanne and they'd basically have the advantages to run the game together. Obviously this is just fan fiction but the point is the amount of power Drea + Maryanne could wield is just absurd. Two extra votes, two idols already, steal Mike's idol for a third idol, idol out Hai and Lindsay for a fourth idol. Rejoin with Romeo and you can do even more.

There's some good uses for the extra votes. Like, at 9, if the majority (minus Drea) is splitting 3-3 against Maryanne and Romeo, then MA+R+D+extra vote can take it 4-3-3 without using an idol. If the majority is planning any other type of vote split, you can vote together and play an idol there, keeping the two extra votes, and your three has the majority at 7 without even needing an idol. And so on, the number of options for all those powers is huge.

Did you miss the preview for next ep?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I did but found it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqmkvOBh9DE

Good!!! Too many people with too many trinkets, flush em out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I was flipping through Pluto and lined up with the very first Survivor episode.

It is funny because the cinematography is really good even back then. But the other production all feels cheap. Does really tickle the nostalgia.

If I ever catch up on all the shows I need to catch up on maybe I will do a whole rewatch.