Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It will be more expensive than if it were an official set, but designing and building your own stuff is the entire point of lego so just do it, it's fun.

Plus you get to keep the parts and use them in future builds, so the costs go down over time (unless you start going for mega builds).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

tuo posted:

The new UCS Landspeeder (:lol:) and the diorama collection gets released for the event (or in case of the dioramas, shortly before)

Oh sweet, I would actually be interested in the Landspeeder because it was one of my first kenner toys as a kid and has good nostalgic feels for me.

If not I guess I'll get Jabba's Palace and something else.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I really want that Lars Homstead. If I spend over $160 to hit the threshold but use VIP points to discount the order by like $100 do you still qualify for the GWP?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Yeah the VIP vouchers are just a different form of payment.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Pics of the new UCS set have leaked:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

January 5th geez that’s a long time to wait

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That looks really good. Can’t say the landspeeder has been at the top of my UCS wish list but it does look nice and that Lars homestead is something I really want.

I can’t believe it doesn’t include uncle Owen though.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

veni veni veni posted:

I can’t believe it doesn’t include uncle Owen though.

You can just set a minifig you don't want anymore on fire for a bit.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Grand Fromage posted:

You can just set a minifig you don't want anymore on fire for a bit.

Just gonna paint a skeleton black

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Pics of the new UCS set have leaked:

Looks good but also kinda boring? I still think it’s an odd choice for a UCS.

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Looks good but also kinda boring? I still think it’s an odd choice for a UCS.

Probably not odder than this thing:

Total number of pieces: 187! I guess it has those special chrome pieces, but other than that...

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
If that’s normal UCS size that windscreen is massive

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/BrothersBrick/status/1517129947885805569

And it's revealed properly. Release Date is May 4th.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Cooked Auto posted:

https://twitter.com/BrothersBrick/status/1517129947885805569

And it's revealed properly. Release Date is May 4th.

May 1st for VIP members

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
No R2 mount?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

HootTheOwl posted:

No R2 mount?

Not minifig scale anyway. But I‘d love to see someone MoC the UCS R2 on there like Rhadan riding the horse in Elden Ring.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I never had the land speeder toy when I was a kid and always kind of wanted it so this is cool in my book. Wish it was bigger tbh.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Is this one big enough you could put Kenner 3.75" figures in it?, Or probably too big for that to look right?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

HootTheOwl posted:

No R2 mount?

This is a family establishment

DrChu
May 14, 2002

Cooked Auto posted:

I've sorta been doing that, just eyeballing the bags for stand out pieces and then looking them up on Bricklink. Followed by some guesswork based on parts listed.
But that's not really going to work for the bag that is just nothing but dark gray round 2 x 2 with axle holes. That one will be fun.

Did make me wish Bricklink had a "X and Y pieces are which sets" function so I could narrow it down. A bit. Unless I missed it somewhere.
For figuring out something like the mass quantity of dark grey round 2x2 plates, search for that part in Bricklink and then sort the sets by quantity.

Rebrickable has a feature that shows you what sets you can build with a certain list of parts (or what % of a set at least).

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Here's video showing the new upcoming Harry Potter sets. Lots of cool new features and stuff (like a transforming Grimoult Place)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMNr25A2gUE

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Davros1 posted:

Here's video showing the new upcoming Harry Potter sets. Lots of cool new features and stuff (like a transforming Grimoult Place)

More frogs??

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

This is cool as heck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sACIZd5BPY

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Davros1 posted:

God they’re milking this still. The only new things in the franchise are the Fantastic Beasts movies, and it seems like they’re not touching those??

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

HootTheOwl posted:

More frogs??

Gold frogs

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

The_Doctor posted:

God they’re milking this still. The only new things in the franchise are the Fantastic Beasts movies, and it seems like they’re not touching those??

They did some stuff for the first FB movie and then went back to the originals.

At least they're covering a lot of stuff that hasn't really been seen before (or hasn't been done in 10-20 years).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I just wish Lego would grow a backbone and stop giving money to the vile terf.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

I just wish Lego would grow a backbone and stop giving money to the vile terf.
Lego Overwatch gets canned but we gotta put up with that crap still lol

at least Lego Overwatch was a little bit fresh.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Oxyclean posted:

Lego Overwatch gets canned but we gotta put up with that crap still lol

at least Lego Overwatch was a little bit fresh.

I regret to inform you of the last few years of Blizzard’s business practices

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Bobby Kotick is such a creep that Sheryl Sandberg got a restraining order directed at him. Guess he really leaned in.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

DrChu posted:

Rebrickable has a feature that shows you what sets you can build with a certain list of parts (or what % of a set at least).

Oh, I'll check that out because the second box is just a jumble of random bags so that'll give me a chance to figure out some of them.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

DrChu posted:

For figuring out something like the mass quantity of dark grey round 2x2 plates, search for that part in Bricklink and then sort the sets by quantity.
It's a helpful feature that's always worked for me, until this last bulk buy where I noticed more and more 4x6 yellow plates, and 2x2 round plates. I searched both and nothing came anywhere close to the quantity I ended up with. I think this guy must have gone to the pick a brick wall at some point and just got a bunch. Maybe making some kind of beach scene?

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

New leak -- the thread is prophecy.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

why is it I can only see a trolley problem simulator

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

"New Trains , maybe this will make them shut up about trains for a little while."

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

yes I know, my point is Lego (rightfully) canned the Overwatch line over that fiasco, but still puts out the line for the book from the lovely terf who continues to whip up hatred towards trans people.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Oxyclean posted:

yes I know, my point is Lego (rightfully) canned the Overwatch line over that fiasco, but still puts out the line for the book from the lovely terf who continues to whip up hatred towards trans people.

I doubt Overwatch was quite the cash cow that HP is.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I doubt Overwatch was quite the cash cow that HP is.
For sure, but my snip was that the Overwatch line at least felt a little fresh/unique.

Despite liking Harry Potter for a time, even during my lego prime, the sets have just never appealed to me. It feels almost surprising they're still doing them, but they obviously sell. I'd say at least something like Star Wars has a million different vehicles they can make models for, including a bunch of spin-offs and EU stuff to pull from, but Harry Potter has like, 8? books to pull set pieces from, you'd think they'd be out of ideas.

e: New train looks neat, kind of wish I had space to go ham with trains, I bought the previous cargo train set and don't really have room to set it up.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Apr 22, 2022

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

This is very much My boomer dad introduced me to model railroads when I was a kid but I can only afford Lego energy.
P sure he has all of those in boxes somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

I don't really care about trains so much, but that little handler/crane side build looks pretty great actually.