Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

Blink 182 is dad rock now

it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm an ancient gamer, I remember COD4

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Only the real ones will remember this *picture of a Wiimote*

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Dad Rock: Lil Nas X, Jack Harlow, bbno$, Doja Cat

Granddad Rock: The Weeknd, Justin Bieber, Twenty-One Pilots

Ancient Classical: Jay-Z, Eminem, Limp Bizkit

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Heh music is so pre collapse.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

External Organs posted:

Heh music is so pre collapse.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Rarity posted:

Only the real ones will remember this *picture of a Wiimote*

Nintendo did WHAT before the Switch!!?!! *thumbnail of a Wii U with a big red arrow next to someone doing the youtuber face*

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Ancient Classical coming to Fortfight

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1517141665588285440?s=20&t=bF0TexDUps4WkwamPnj4hg

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IinkPsj5taA

Shadowrun trilogy being remastered for consoles

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Fortnite font will never stop pissing me off and I still cannot explain why

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Elden Ring finally does the thing that makes sense in the recent patch and gives ultra great swords medium shield-tier defensive stats. I’m usually a big old coward that hides behind a shield but I’m kinda hype to just beeline to the Guts sword on my next run and facetank before tanking people in the face.

That or do a faith run, fire magic seems cooler than glintstones aesthetically and there’s weird stuff besides that like the rock magic the beast priest teaches. And I really wanna use Flame of the Redmanes cause it sounds super busted. Or I could do arcane for a bloodborne Blood-elemental build.

This game is so cool. It’s so big but it’s cool knowing what to do on a second playthrough to beeline whatever areas have cool swag. Definitely gonna rush to Volcano Mountain next run for volcano pots…

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

RBA Starblade posted:

The Fortnite font will never stop pissing me off and I still cannot explain why

What pisses me off is that they introduced the perfect anti-building weapon, the cowcatcher attachment for vehicles, at the same time they turned off building! What were they thinking?!

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

they call it fort night and yet it takes place at daytime and there's no forts anywhere

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Whizzing Wizard posted:

they call it fort night and yet it takes place at daytime and there's no forts anywhere

There's a day night cycle and there are multiple forts

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gripweed posted:

There's a day night cycle and there are multiple forts

This is true in Oblivion too

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the controls are bad but i kinda love how much of star fox command is dedicated to fox being a total fuckup whose team disintegrates when he fires his girlfriend

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Reportedly this caused a lot of confusion among Japanese Elden Ring players, because the western players kept leaving "fort night" jokes everywhere

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

This is true in Oblivion too

and elden ring!

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Whizzing Wizard posted:

common misconception, simply switch out of 'no build' mode and the forts will return :eng101:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

haveblue posted:

Reportedly this caused a lot of confusion among Japanese Elden Ring players, because the western players kept leaving "fort night" jokes everywhere

Try Fingers
But Hole

Was the one my coworkers had to explain to friends

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Saint Freak posted:

Speaking of songs, Youtube recommended me this earworm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XicdpSmxuT0

And after some translation and askjeevesing it's from this

Ya Boy Kongming! : General of the Three Kingdoms, Kongming, had struggled his whole life, facing countless battles that made him into the accomplished strategist he was. So on his deathbed, he wished only to be reborn into a peaceful world... and was sent straight to modern-day party-central, Tokyo. The brilliant strategist Kongming will have to adapt to the wild beats and even wilder party people of the modern age.

I'm just...what
it's apparently v good but it's only on HIDIVE rather than Crunchyroll :/

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FO3:

I got Star Paladin Cross killed which means one of the last living links to my dad is gone. This game is very depressing.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Rarity posted:

As if there's anyone under 30 posting on this site :rolleyes:

Boba loves to rub it in that she is.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rarity posted:

I'll never stop being entertained by goons being out of touch with any pop culture from after 2014

joke's on you I've been out of touch with pop culture since the day I was born

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

something something out of touch thursday

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Looper posted:

the controls are bad but i kinda love how much of star fox command is dedicated to fox being a total fuckup whose team disintegrates when he fires his girlfriend

I do not know who wrote the story but it's so hilariously stupid depending what path you take .

Two endings basically have Crystal say gently caress off fox I got a new BF and gonnna go join STARWOLF'S team. or I"m gonna be a Rogue fighter and I posisbly might of died fighting Fox.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Apr 21, 2022

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Is Command the one where Fox and Slippy can say "gently caress it" and go race in F-Zero?

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Waffleman_ posted:

Is Command the one where Fox and Slippy can say "gently caress it" and go race in F-Zero?

Fox and Falco but yes!

It's such a bad game. Well, the endings are fine, but the game...ehhhh

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Video Game History Foundation has an episode about Command and its relationship to Star Fox 2 that's real good if you're interested in this weird rear end game

https://gamehistory.org/ep-52-star-fox-command/

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Star Fox Command and Conquer

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FO3:

I'm in Vault 87 and I think I've figured out where the Super Mutants came from. It's here. It's us. All the time, it was... We finally really did it. drat you! drat you all to hell! :negative:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Shindragon posted:

I do not know who wrote the story but it's so hilariously stupid depending what path you take .

Two endings basically have Crystal say gently caress off fox I got a new BF and gonnna go join STARWOLF'S team. or I"m gonna be a Rogue fighter and I posisbly might of died fighting Fox.

yeah i didn't know that not all of the branching choices are from fox's perspective, so he'll like finally swallow his pride and apologize to krystal in front of everybody and you get to choose, as krystal, whether to accept or tell him to get bent. or you can, as fox, wonder where falco is and then the game jumps over to falco and you can just ignore all suggestions to meet up with fox and keep doing your own thing. it's pretty cool! i love silly melodrama and that's all this has been

wuggles posted:

Video Game History Foundation has an episode about Command and its relationship to Star Fox 2 that's real good if you're interested in this weird rear end game

https://gamehistory.org/ep-52-star-fox-command/

the lead on command also worked on star fox 2 and it's kinda funny how blatantly it is a successor to 2; everything is rts maps with time limits where you have to deploy your ships carefully to both wipe out all enemies and protect your headquarters, different characters fly different ships, and almost all combat is in all-range mode arenas. star fox 2 actually manages to have more variety in its gameplay though with the transforming walker mode and hidden pepper coins and actual level design. command's arenas are all very sparse and the impressive enemy variety isn't enough to keep things from feeling pretty samey. 2 also has the benefit of, controlling well. command's touch screen controls are kinda garbage and overshadow all the neat stuff it does

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's october 2009....I return home with two used games I'd bought with money I saved up - star fox command and the world ends with you

I played one for 20 minutes and hated it and I played the other for 80+ hours but I'll never reveal which (gently caress star fox!!!)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Goodbye Fawkes, you were the only bro I had left :sadwave:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Help Im Alive posted:

It's october 2009

Wow what's it like being in the future

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
twewy is a great example of a game with really good touch screen controls!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
ENCLAVE FUCKERS STOLE MY GECK WHAT THE FUUUUUUCKKKK :argh:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I fucken love TWEWY. I should replay it now that I have a used 3ds

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Geico gecko has been in video-game themed ads on Twitch, I wonder if he will be in a Fallout one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I should play twewy two. I keep forgetting it exists