Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

YeahTubaMike posted:

Peeling it off like a scab might be nice too

Like out of your vagina? I mean there is a pleasure in picking scabs but even I have my limits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
When I said "reach in", I was thinking more like opening up your torso & uterus as if they had doors, then peeling the lining off once they're open.

Also, does anyone else have that one mid-period stage where the cramp pain radiates up your abdomen & down your legs and you bleed through a super-plus tampon in like 45 minutes? I don't know if that's a normal thing or just something that happens to me that I need to get checked out once I get insurance through my new job.

edit: I just looked through my post history, and a disconcerting number of my posts are of the "is it normal to be in this amount of pain?" variety.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Apr 13, 2022

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
When I get the really bad pain that radiates down my leg it's usually when I've got a cyst that has gotten a bit big and is bout to pop.

It's only ever on the right side for me which I find fascinating.

The gyn told me the pain radiating thing is generally a sign of endo or cysts so you might wanna get that checked out.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

YeahTubaMike posted:

When I said "reach in", I was thinking more like opening up your torso & uterus as if they had doors, then peeling the lining off once they're open.

Also, does anyone else have that one mid-period stage where the cramp pain radiates up your abdomen & down your legs and you bleed through a super-plus tampon in like 45 minutes? I don't know if that's a normal thing or just something that happens to me that I need to get checked out once I get insurance through my new job.

edit: I just looked through my post history, and a disconcerting number of my posts are of the "is it normal to be in this amount of pain?" variety.

Yeah, worth trying to find a doctor who'll take that seriously I reckon. Get a referral to a gynaecologist if you can.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Ah yes my period is upon me since I cried over the mortality of my cats, who are under a year old.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

There's a few days of wait between stopping taking the progesterone and my period actually starting and oh God I'm just so sweaty all the time

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013
Why the hell does my body feel like one giant bruise…
Ah, my period is super days early so I get extra spotting AND full body aches. Ugh.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

I'm not only exhausted, irritable, and headachy, I'm also making GBS threads every hour on the hour. Thanks period!

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Bloooooooooood

PMS is an absolutely miserable experience, but when actually bleeding, is it that unusual to feel better than normal? My anxiety is lifted more than even normal days. Feels serene feels cleansing

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Whoever thought up these doors didn't know about period shits.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Killingyouguy! posted:

Bloooooooooood

PMS is an absolutely miserable experience, but when actually bleeding, is it that unusual to feel better than normal? My anxiety is lifted more than even normal days. Feels serene feels cleansing

I usually feel a weird combination of awful (drained, thirsty, exhausted) and much better, calmer. It's hosed up.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Facebook Aunt posted:

The Women's door should say There Will Be Blood

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Facebook Aunt posted:

Smile, you are making GBS threads!

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Facebook Aunt posted:

Technically any weight I poo poo was already outside my body and I'm no more 'losing weight' by shedding it than I am 'losing weight' when I take off my jacket or cut my hair.
:goonsay:

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.

Killingyouguy! posted:

This is usually how it is for me, too
which makes the exceptions really hurt, I'll tell ya what :(

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Facebook Aunt posted:

I hate this. I want to do epic poo poo.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

...in an alleyway?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Powerful Katrinka posted:

The Women's door should say There Will Be Blood

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

You can. There is nothing on those doors to restrict gender. Anyone can use the epic poo poo door if they are going to do epic shits. Anyone who isn't going to poo poo or feels that their poo poo might not be epic should choose the other door.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Killingyouguy! posted:

That's how it is for me, and I also get really strong urges to clean/straighten up everything around the house at the same time.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Period starts and then Haha gently caress you we do nothing :argh:

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Okay so confirmed my knees start hurting more three days before my period. Also watching the stream of the Easter mass from the Vatican makes me cry. Oh and watching Everything Everywhere All at Once made me sob for like an hour. (One of the best movies I’ve ever seen however)

HORMOOOONES

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Oh hell yes my period is here I was starting to think I was gregnant

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

CherryCola posted:

Okay so confirmed my knees start hurting more three days before my period. Also watching the stream of the Easter mass from the Vatican makes me cry. Oh and watching Everything Everywhere All at Once made me sob for like an hour. (One of the best movies I’ve ever seen however)

HORMOOOONES

one time I was watching just a regular Mass remote on youtube and the eucharist made me cry, Just Catholic PMS Things

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

coronatae posted:

As a Mirena IUD-haver and thus not getting any actual shark week, I low-key live in fear every month... my psycho hormones are the only thing letting me know that the vacancy sign is still lit

that and period poops

TriggerHappyMarie
Sep 15, 2011

coronatae posted:

This was me after the covid booster! Had some serious delay.
On another note, is there a separate thread for birth control / IUD? Was supposed to get Kyleena on Monday but apparently my cervix was like Gandalf at khazad dum. Now rescheduled for early May… which I was really hoping to avoid because I have a lot of events in May that I don’t want to be also trying to navigate new random bleeding and cramps on top of social anxiety and travel stomach :bang: Any tips? Does that raspberry tea someone mentioned a while back work in the cramp department in this situation?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

coronatae posted:

I broke a five-ish year dry spell in October, and my period after that was like, maaaaaayyyybe two whole days late, and I freaked the hell out, so I get it

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

coronatae posted:

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

TriggerHappyMarie posted:

On another note, is there a separate thread for birth control / IUD? Was supposed to get Kyleena on Monday but apparently my cervix was like Gandalf at khazad dum. Now rescheduled for early May… which I was really hoping to avoid because I have a lot of events in May that I don’t want to be also trying to navigate new random bleeding and cramps on top of social anxiety and travel stomach :bang: Any tips? Does that raspberry tea someone mentioned a while back work in the cramp department in this situation?

There used to be a separate thread (it's actually how I learned about IUDs... back in 2010), but I'm not sure if it's still active.

Edit: looks like the last post was in 2017. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3382303&pagenumber=154&perpage=40

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Why do d n'd and sci-fi greg have solid necks and stick limbs? :gonk:

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

TriggerHappyMarie posted:

Most people just post here now I think. I do. :suicide:

I still hadn't got my arse in gear to get a coil, I need to get on that.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

ovary havers - anyone got pain relief tips for a pcos cyst that is causing massive back pain? it's radiating round my whole lower back and stomach in what I can only describe as a girdle of pain :cry:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Ruby Gloom posted:

ovary havers - anyone got pain relief tips for a pcos cyst that is causing massive back pain? it's radiating round my whole lower back and stomach in what I can only describe as a girdle of pain :cry:

I had a huge cyst burst and the doctors gave me 500mg naproxen which helped a lot.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Yeah, anti-inflammatories like Naproxen are the way to go. OTC ibuprofen and laying down for a couple hours did wonders for my cyst-related pain

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

Killingyouguy! posted:

I had a huge cyst burst and the doctors gave me 500mg naproxen which helped a lot.

Yeah I've had them burst before (once midway through an ab crunch on the ab crunch machine!) but it's not quiiite there yet. Naproxen makes me real pukey but I've got some diclofenac so will try that!

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Word of warning - don't take naproxen if you have acid reflux. that poo poo gave me a bleeding ulcer and ulcerated esophagus.

If your doctor is willing to call anything in for you, I think tramadol was the most effective fully legal painkiller i've ever taken for my ovarian cysts. Otherwise some heavy cbd painkiller if thats legal where you are.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

When said cyst burst i was just stepping onto the subway so it was like a secret portal to owww

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I've had two burst blood cysts, at different times, on the same ovary and both times sucked. One was almost 10cm, the other was about 6. Opiates don't really do anything for me and Naproxen is very hit or miss as well. The Dilauded I got in the ER both times took my pain from like an 8 to 7.5 and the ibuprofen I had home brought it to like 6.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I had one burst while I was laying on the floor on hour 2 of waiting in urgent care because I had a fever and was scared I had torsioned it by that point. When it popped I suddenly felt amazing relief. Still got worked up and ultrasounded and saw some other cysts and the fluid from the cyst that popped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

silicone thrills posted:

Word of warning - don't take naproxen if you have acid reflux. that poo poo gave me a bleeding ulcer and ulcerated esophagus.

If your doctor is willing to call anything in for you, I think tramadol was the most effective fully legal painkiller i've ever taken for my ovarian cysts. Otherwise some heavy cbd painkiller if thats legal where you are.

yeah the last time my GP prescribed me naproxen they actually also gave me omeprazole as well to counteract how harsh it is on the stomach. Insanely strong co-codamol is the only thing touching it at the moment, so after dinner gonna dose up on that and diclofenac and hope for the best.