Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

OniPanda posted:

Dirtywave M8 tracker.

Bought the tracker a bit ago, but that was just preordering. It's not shippin until at least July, so I got it as an early late birthday present. Perfect circuits is havin a sale, and I need more filters, so got a couple more filters.
Hell yeah, those look like a lot of fun, sucks about the wait time though.

My tax return came in so picked up some used gear on Reverb:

Volca Sample 2, my first sampler and 3rd Volca.

Beatstep Pro

Zoom MS-70CDR, can't really beat the bang for the buck with one of these.

I'm also looking to sell my Circuit Tracks, it's just not really clicked with me and I haven't spent too much time with it. It's in mint condition, if anyone is interested PM me! Sold, thanks!

Shartweek has a new favorite as of 02:05 on Apr 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

A new spoiler for my 20-year-old Civic Si. I almost went for a cheaper fiberglass one but the price difference would have come out in the wash after paying a body shop to paint it, and exposed carbon is neat.

Now the waiting game begins

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Imperador do Brasil posted:

A new spoiler for my 20-year-old Civic Si. I almost went for a cheaper fiberglass one but the price difference would have come out in the wash after paying a body shop to paint it, and exposed carbon is neat.

Now the waiting game begins

Deets on the Ceviche please.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Coredump posted:

Deets on the Ceviche please.

The car? It’s an ‘02 USDM Civic Si with a ton of mods. Bilstein and Koni struts, Eibach springs and sway bars, rear camber arms, DC Sports strut bar, stainless brake lines all around with drilled and slotted rotors, DC sports header going to Magnaflow high-flow catalyst and Exhaust, etc etc.

I always forget everything that’s done to it.

Here it it currently with the tiny OEM spoiler- the windows were just tinted this week.

Here it is at the Tail of the Dragon

And in its usual habitat, the garage (I don’t drive it a lot)

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I have succumbed to my beep beep Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

I cannot wait to midi my Arturia to this.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Front and rear brake pads, and front brake rotors (rear rotors are fine)

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

Rolo posted:

I have succumbed to my beep beep Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

I cannot wait to midi my Arturia to this.

Nice!

I'm going to be working out of town for a couple of months so I used that as an excuse to pick up one of these:

It works as a modeler, effects unit and audio interface, so it should make a really good portable solution. Hopefully, I won't have to pack too much gear and still be able to noodle around with guitar and synth stuff while I'm away from my house.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

3x 27" HP X27q 1440p 165Hz monitors (ignore the mess, still figuring out my desk situation)

Josh Lyman has a new favorite as of 17:27 on Apr 19, 2022

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

DrBouvenstein posted:

Front and rear brake pads, and front brake rotors (rear rotors are fine)

I hope these are to install on the lovely brakes E-Class I am renting this week :sigh:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Ordered a kimber pepperblaster since I hate the ergonomics of regular pepper spray and I don’t need an actual gun

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Well thread, I've wanted to write about this for a while, but I wanted to really get a feel for the product before my review.

Previously, I've bought a pair of the cheapest sneakers I could find about once a year (and worn through them in the following year). This time, I decided to treat myself to a high-end pair: my choice was the 8000 Kicks hemp sneakers. My expectations were met - and exceeded!

I chose these shoes because I am a hemp lover, and completely agree with 8000's mission of bringing hemp back into the mainstream as more than a smokable. I got the Explorer V2 sneakers - here's a picture of my actual pair, after using them since Christmas:

Now, they are very comfortable - the heat regulation properties of hemp are well-documented, so I might have expected as much. I plan to use them year-round, so this is an important point, and, so far, they've successfully dealt with the Finnish winter. I expect them to handle summer just as well. They are also surprisingly lightweight.
The part where I was, despite my high hopes to begin with, pleasantly surprised was the waterproof aspect: I thought "canvas shoes surely can't be fully waterproof, right?", and I also thought I would not need this feature. Wrong on both counts. This spring has been such that there have been huge puddles on the sidewalks, which have sometimes been impossible to get around - but with these shoes, I've just waded through them, and they have not let water through!

I fully expect these shoes to easily live up to and supercede their promise of "2X the durability" - that'd mean a service life of 2 years, whereas I expect to be on the same pair for 5-10, and if something happens to them before that, I will get a new pair of the same model, that's how convinced I've become of these "Kicks". You even get a spare set of laces in the box!

Because I am completely enamored with these shoes, I became an official affiliate of 8000 Kicks, which means that all fellow goons can now get 10% any pair of shoes with the code GOONS, or by using this link. Actually, if I understood correctly, the same coupon code applies to all other products (such as backpacks) on the site, as well, but I can only personally vouch for the shoes as they're the only product I have experience with.

Just in time for 4/20 - let's have some cannabis to wear, and some cannabis to share! :420:

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

why are you peeing on your shoe?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

That's really cool.
I bought some Vessi's because it never stops raining here and I don't want to wear boots all year.
They're great and don't regret getting them but they're not lasting as long as I had hoped.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

he's not peeing on it, he's having others pee on it.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

he's not peeing on it, he's having others pee on it.

well that's lazy.

Stop making other people do your work!

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
Ooh does the coupon have a time limit? I was just thinking of getting American made shirts but I was also looking at eco-friendly shoes!

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

It's symbolic of the piss test your employer will subject you to the moment you show up to work wearing those shoes.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

To assert dominance obviously

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

Urinal splashback is tough.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Sorry i only buy shoes made out of mangosteen fibers

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

ReidRansom posted:

well that's lazy.

Stop making other people do your work!

you want to see lazy?

comes prefilled!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

you want to see lazy?

comes prefilled!

Pfft not even super.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

Well thread, I've wanted to write about this for a while, but I wanted to really get a feel for the product before my review.

Previously, I've bought a pair of the cheapest sneakers I could find about once a year (and worn through them in the following year). This time, I decided to treat myself to a high-end pair: my choice was the 8000 Kicks hemp sneakers. My expectations were met - and exceeded!

I chose these shoes because I am a hemp lover, and completely agree with 8000's mission of bringing hemp back into the mainstream as more than a smokable. I got the Explorer V2 sneakers - here's a picture of my actual pair, after using them since Christmas:

Now, they are very comfortable - the heat regulation properties of hemp are well-documented, so I might have expected as much. I plan to use them year-round, so this is an important point, and, so far, they've successfully dealt with the Finnish winter. I expect them to handle summer just as well. They are also surprisingly lightweight.
The part where I was, despite my high hopes to begin with, pleasantly surprised was the waterproof aspect: I thought "canvas shoes surely can't be fully waterproof, right?", and I also thought I would not need this feature. Wrong on both counts. This spring has been such that there have been huge puddles on the sidewalks, which have sometimes been impossible to get around - but with these shoes, I've just waded through them, and they have not let water through!

I fully expect these shoes to easily live up to and supercede their promise of "2X the durability" - that'd mean a service life of 2 years, whereas I expect to be on the same pair for 5-10, and if something happens to them before that, I will get a new pair of the same model, that's how convinced I've become of these "Kicks". You even get a spare set of laces in the box!

Because I am completely enamored with these shoes, I became an official affiliate of 8000 Kicks, which means that all fellow goons can now get 10% any pair of shoes with the code GOONS, or by using this link. Actually, if I understood correctly, the same coupon code applies to all other products (such as backpacks) on the site, as well, but I can only personally vouch for the shoes as they're the only product I have experience with.

Just in time for 4/20 - let's have some cannabis to wear, and some cannabis to share! :420:

You have me almost sold on buying a pair. Are these viable for walking every day for work? I go through a pair probably once a year because of how much walking I do

Still probably end up getting a pair for outside work

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

Dang, I quite like these... wish I hadn't just bought a pair of allbirds, these seem even better. I've got a hemp Tilleys hat I absolutely love, I'm with you 100% on it being a great fabric for wearables and temperature regulation

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Ooh does the coupon have a time limit? I was just thinking of getting American made shirts but I was also looking at eco-friendly shoes!

The coupon's valid "for now", which should turn out to be a fairly long time. I will update if it's about to expire.

Captain Duvel posted:

You have me almost sold on buying a pair. Are these viable for walking every day for work? I go through a pair probably once a year because of how much walking I do

I would say yes - I do all my walking in them.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

OSU_Matthew posted:

Dang, I quite like these... wish I hadn't just bought a pair of allbirds, these seem even better. I've got a hemp Tilleys hat I absolutely love, I'm with you 100% on it being a great fabric for wearables and temperature regulation

Allbirds are a good choice. I have bamboo allbirds that are really comfy and light.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
That shoe site offers a 15% off coupon for email signup which is better than the goons discount lol

And yeah, Allbirds are great but I can’t speak to their durability.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Captain Duvel posted:

Still probably end up getting a pair for outside work

I've been wearing Nike Run All Day 2's for the last couple of years and they're great for walking. I'll walk 3-4 miles with my dog and have no soreness or issues with my feet and they're good to wear all day or for standing around a lot. I think they're on clearance so if you can't find them the Nike Revolution 5's are comparable. They're cheap enough that I don't feel bad replacing them when the tread wears out which is about every 15 months for me.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
grabbed a pair needed some light shoes thanks for the link. I have wide duck feet so we'll see how the 11s fit.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

This is the thread for people who decide it's time for a shopping spree after paying taxes. It's your American duty to buy stuff. Do it. DO IT NOW.

Backordered a 3 pack of Unfi Switch Flex eta warehouse arrival 5/2. I'm glad I found it because apparently they are out of stock everywhere and I want one and my brother wants one. So I'm going to have 1 spare.

I bought some shoes. I got Nike React Phantom Run Flyknit 2 to try. I use to own some ugly yellow shoes I remember were really comfortable in high school and it turns out they totally still make Nike Prestos so I bought a pair. Different colorway, not ugly yellow. Guess I was in the mood for loud as gently caress colors this time, the first time someone says "heeey nice shoes" I'll probably regret it because I hate interacting with people in person. My car is a similar green to those shoes and it was on sale though so I had to.

Presently considering a Speedwoofer10 and the LG 42" OLED.

Oh yeah and some steel tape that's receptive to magnets.

What else should I buy? Always be spending.

Queadlunn
Dec 10, 2005

Yak Deculture!
Fallen Rib

ddiddles posted:

I uh...cant stop spending money :(

https://lunacycle.com/z-1-enduro-ebike/

Now to constantly refresh my inbox.

I got their X2 bike recently, the Ludi controller can accept 52v batteries if you like to mod your bike. Thing really moves.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
My issue is that shoes, especially sneakers/trainers, seem to wear out too quickly at the heel, either on the inside at the back or then in the sole. Just noticed that a pair of Nike AF 1s I’ve had for less than a year now have a hole on the inside of one backheel, so they’re a goner unless I want to sacrifice a sock every time I wear them. Maybe I walk funny or something but it’s annoying nonetheless.

mystes
May 31, 2006

If you want actual comfortable sneakers that will last rather than a fashion statement, just buy any legit running shoes that are actually intended for running that fit your feet.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
1993 gary fisher tassajara

https://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/d/45407-4/1993_20fisher.pdf

Mix of original parts and swap outs for modern, like the handlebars have been upgraded and it has a horrible comfort saddle, shifters have been switched over to modern and the front brake is a V.

£85, and £35 to have all cables and pads switched out and gears calibrated by someone who isn’t me. Plus for some reason it has the holes for a pannier rack so +£14 Tyres I have in the shed.

edit: wait what the gently caress is going on with that catalogue, all the people in it are demons or naked spirits.

learnincurve has a new favorite as of 22:24 on Apr 21, 2022

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

What, you don't get birthday texts from a pawn shop with 20% off coupons?

Grabbed this fuzz pedal for $67 after tax. If I don't like it I can sell and maybe a make a few bucks.

Also bought another high quality bit of art

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Fire Safety Doug posted:

My issue is that shoes, especially sneakers/trainers, seem to wear out too quickly at the heel, either on the inside at the back or then in the sole. Just noticed that a pair of Nike AF 1s I’ve had for less than a year now have a hole on the inside of one backheel, so they’re a goner unless I want to sacrifice a sock every time I wear them. Maybe I walk funny or something but it’s annoying nonetheless.

do you slip them on instead of untying/retying every time?

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

Tunicate posted:

do you slip them on instead of untying/retying every time?

I use a shoehorn when I’m at home, but basically yeah. I will usually un-&retie when somewhere else.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Fire Safety Doug posted:

I use a shoehorn when I’m at home, but basically yeah. I will usually un-&retie when somewhere else.

you might want to read back over the last few posts there Doug...

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

learnincurve posted:

you might want to read back over the last few posts there Doug...

:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
it's your shoehorn

This is a disability carer thing, diagnosing shoes, coats, elbow and knee holes is part of our skillset.