Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That and they very quickly ran out of anything resembling original ideas for Very Special Episodes.

Professor X was definitely ahead of the curve, but old wise men in wheelchairs is kinda already an accepted trope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That and they very quickly ran out of anything resembling original ideas for Very Special Episodes.

Professor X was definitely ahead of the curve, but old wise men in wheelchairs is kinda already an accepted trope.

And then there was M.A.N.T.I.S

A show that answered the question no one was asking. Thanks Raimi, thantis.

It was actually kind of fun and made me whoopsie looking up 90s shows.

Cobra, a show about a car that can drive fast.

Who knows, maybe it can talk?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

That blurb for Cobra make it seems that the special task force is used to silence the victims of crimes that the system has failed to get justice for :v:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I'm rationally irritated that my Dude-ikoff didn't star in the TV-show sequel to the Stallone movie.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Grendels Dad posted:

I'm rationally irritated that my Dude-ikoff didn't star in the TV-show sequel to the Stallone movie.

That would have been so much better than a Dodge Viper commercial writ large.

The B-list sequel is underrated. Dude man just shooting scientologists in the dick over and over again.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

That Italian Guy posted:

That blurb for Cobra make it seems that the special task force is used to silence the victims of crimes that the system has failed to get justice for :v:

Much more realistic!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

That Italian Guy posted:

Charles Xavier would like a word (also he could technically walk if he suppressed his abilities, I guess).

Xavier in the comics has been able to walk for years now.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

What do they call him? Legs?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Alhazred posted:

Xavier in the comics has been able to walk for years now.

Good on him for overcoming his one weakness.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I assume he's still bald. There are always more obstacles to overcome.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

PizzaProwler posted:

I assume he's still bald. There are always more obstacles to overcome.

From what I've seen of current day X-Men comic panels, he just wears a Cerebro helmet all the time. One that is not like the movie version, but covers everything above his nose.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Still haunted by the most hilarious/blackest comedy Twisted Toyfair Theatre sequence ever: Flashback to the 70s, it's a disco party. Climax of the scene is Xavier comes in and wows everyone with his awesome moves and luxurious curly mane. "The Chuckster cares about two things in life -- dancing and my hair." Recounting the present day punchline would require a content warning but I couldn't stop laughing for minutes.

When TTT went dark it was really dark (Sandman on the beach, anyone?) but they got away with it because they usually had the deeply guilty belly laughs to go along with it.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

That would have been so much better than a Dodge Viper commercial writ large.

Are you confusing a 90s action tv show about a guy with a fast car named after a snake with Viper?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Phy posted:

Are you confusing a 90s action tv show about a guy with a fast car named after a snake with Viper?

I totally was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpR_HUu5hCU

M*A*N*T*S does not seem to have a supercar.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
MANTIS was a supercar! Kinda! Or like a lovely vulnerable robocop!

Cobra was the other supercar show that wanted very hard to be Knightrider, and was also the one I was totally thinking of Viper with. I think I had a Viper branded electric car racing set? Like the kind with the electrified track?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Admiralty Flag posted:

Still haunted by the most hilarious/blackest comedy Twisted Toyfair Theatre sequence ever: Flashback to the 70s, it's a disco party. Climax of the scene is Xavier comes in and wows everyone with his awesome moves and luxurious curly mane. "The Chuckster cares about two things in life -- dancing and my hair." Recounting the present day punchline would require a content warning but I couldn't stop laughing for minutes.

When TTT went dark it was really dark (Sandman on the beach, anyone?) but they got away with it because they usually had the deeply guilty belly laughs to go along with it.

Hulk ruining Doom's hot tub by mistaking it for a toilet is a direct competitor to the jawa humping Angela's leg with the caption of "UUU..UUUUU....UUUUU...UUUTUNNI!" for my all time favorite.

Also Mego spiderman just randomly insulting doc ock (Is your PhD in gravy?)

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Admiralty Flag posted:

I wish I'd saved those or there was some massive archive of them. They cracked me up back in the day.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

thebardyspoon posted:

I wish I'd saved those or there was some massive archive of them. They cracked me up back in the day.

I thought I was going to make your day because I remember seeing a massive TTT thread somewhere a whileback

I found this though

http://megocentral.com/category/twisted-mego-theater/

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Did TTT eventually become related to Robot Chicken somehow, or am I just conflating two unrelated things? I feel like TTT somehow loops back into this.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I always forget that Wizard Magazine (and Toyfare) stayed in print all the way up to 2011.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Neito posted:

Did TTT eventually become related to Robot Chicken somehow, or am I just conflating two unrelated things? I feel like TTT somehow loops back into this.

I always thought the same thing so I decided to Google it. From the wiki on TTT:

quote:

The television show Robot Chicken, which features animated action figures, sprung from Twisted ToyFare Theatre — quite literally, as former writers Tom Root and Douglas Goldstein are head writers for the show, along with fellow Twisted ToyFare Theatre alumnus Matthew Senreich. Robot Chicken producer Seth Green is also an avid toy collector and was a long-time friend of the magazine. He wrote the introduction for one of the Twisted ToyFare Theatre collected editions (actor Mark Hamill, a frequent voice actor on Robot Chicken, also wrote the introduction to one of the collections).

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I liked the one collection that had a bunch of blurbs from big names in the comics industry talking about how funny TTT is and then one from Alex Ross just talking about how horrified he is that they mistreat such valuable collectors items and they should just give all the megos to him instead for safekeeping

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
Naruto Episode 2: How does Naruto know what Ninja Trainer Ebisu's name is? It was not mentioned until Naruto does the mass molestation move against him.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Corky Romano is almost funny when it's not painfully boring.

Well maybe not almost.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY has a new favorite as of 08:32 on Apr 22, 2022

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Watered down comedy that doesn't let the star do the thing they're actually good at is so dull.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Wait, what is Chris Kattan good at?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Corky Romano is almost funny when it's not painfully boring.

Well maybe not almost.

The single funny thing in the movie is when the mob guy filling in at the vet clinic just tosses the dead mouse and replaces it with a new one.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Spider-Man: No Way Home

So it's a small-ish issue and I assume the answer is just 'Delete key + recycle bin empty' but For all the tech that Stark's glasses are synced up with, there's no auto-record thing on them that has a 70,000 step deep process to delete any recordings on them? I was really waiting for that to be at least an offhand mention and they just do a first person projection of Mysterio doing an evil Hugo Weaving laugh to all his henchmen over how easy it was to trick that teenager into believing that he was an upstanding citizen that should definitely be trusted by everyone.

Fun movie regardless even though it took a bit to really ramp up and get moving. And it's great that Charlie Cox had another opportunity to do all that DareDevil acting again since he had a problem acting like he wasn't blind for a while afterwards.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Wait, what is Chris Kattan good at?

Being annoying. Kind of. Not a romantic lead.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Kattan was pretty great in Undercover Brother.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Kattan has a creepy manic vibe in all his roles and it turns out it's not an act

The guy is really like that

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Kattan was pretty great in Undercover Brother.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Saw Indiana Jones 3 the other day.

Dude was in that temple looking down into the hole, when 5 guys in dress shoes go down a metal staircase, surround him, and still catch him unawares. What the gently caress?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

skooma512 posted:

Saw Indiana Jones 3 the other day.

Dude was in that temple looking down into the hole, when 5 guys in dress shoes go down a metal staircase, surround him, and still catch him unawares. What the gently caress?

Well obliviousness is kinda his main character trait

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Indiana Jones (the character) is canonically dumb as a brick

And also an implied pedo

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Manager Hoyden posted:

And also an implied pedo

I am now afraid the one implied the other :ohdear:

e: what was the line "i was a child" "you knew what you were doing"

ugg

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

The old TSR Indy RPG from the 80s is famously lovely, but my favorite lovely part is the example they use to explain skill rolls. Jones and Marcus are sitting in Jones' college office, and he calls in a student, described as a swooning beautiful blonde co-ed, and then Indy rolls to try and whip a pen out of her mouth. If he succeeds she runs off terrified, if he fails he whips some of her hair off and she runs off screaming. Either way the two guys sit there and laugh about it.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Manager Hoyden posted:

And also an implied pedo

I think they are talking about Marcus.

But yeah.

Also, Dad Jones has a Thing with Elsa, who is literally young enough to be his daughter.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

If I steal bones and nonce all night long it's a

Family tradition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

theironjef posted:

The old TSR Indy RPG from the 80s is famously lovely, but my favorite lovely part is the example they use to explain skill rolls. Jones and Marcus are sitting in Jones' college office, and he calls in a student, described as a swooning beautiful blonde co-ed, and then Indy rolls to try and whip a pen out of her mouth. If he succeeds she runs off terrified, if he fails he whips some of her hair off and she runs off screaming. Either way the two guys sit there and laugh about it.

Yeah but that's a college student. It's not right but it's not George Lucas arguing Stephen Spielberg down on a girl's age.

Wouldn't it be crazy if she was 13?

STFU George, hit this rail