Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Since there’s about 3-4 grams of iron in the average human body does that mean an Earthbender could potentially learn Bloodbending as well or would there not be enough material for them to work with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Earthbenders can bend sugar (Creeping Crystal) so I think it's less if they can bend the iron in someone's blood, or if you can convince them they can bend the iron in someone's blood.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
There's way more calcium than there is iron, so you may as well start there instead.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Bonebending :black101:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

YggiDee posted:

Bonebending :black101:

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Metal bender doctors stab an iron rod into your chest, then bend it into a pacemaker

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Apparently because of Netflix missing it's growth goals, it's axed a bunch of upcoming animation projects for kids. Including Bone and all the spin offs they were working on.

No clue what this means for Nimona.

https://twitter.com/DrewTailored/status/1516951941779050496

PicklePants fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 21, 2022

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
The Twits hasn't been cancelled, Netflix have just cast themselves as the main characters. They are method acting.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The company that will go to bat for Dave "I'm on Team TERF" Chappelle, Ladies and Gentlemen.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
This is a hell of a way to learn that there was a Bone adaptation in the works. Super pissed atm.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Ooh, found a youtube channel with all of Black Hole High. Loved that show.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3MGFu3-vsKbsJt6WnSuJMJc82xyxgaGD

It's hard to find nowadays at least outside the US (Amazon Prime's version is not available in UK and is missing the finale special)

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

BioEnchanted posted:

Ooh, found a youtube channel with all of Black Hole High. Loved that show.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3MGFu3-vsKbsJt6WnSuJMJc82xyxgaGD

It's hard to find nowadays at least outside the US (Amazon Prime's version is not available in UK and is missing the finale special)

I remember that show. It was on air when I was a kid just getting into science and sci-fi stuff.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I liked how most of the seemingly unimportant details kind of came back into play in the finale, like the tesseract, the palladium, etc. Also while some episodes were just kind of silly like the one with Marshall giving the school his virus, a lot of them had interesting themes and situations like the Mayfly episode and the one where Lucas accidentally blinds himself with x-ray vision.

cartoons123
Nov 7, 2013

BioEnchanted posted:

I liked how most of the seemingly unimportant details kind of came back into play in the finale, like the tesseract, the palladium, etc. Also while some episodes were just kind of silly like the one with Marshall giving the school his virus, a lot of them had interesting themes and situations like the Mayfly episode and the one where Lucas accidentally blinds himself with x-ray vision.

There is always a wonder of what the show would've done with those two additional seasons they were planning if their production studio didn't implode on them, but for the limited time, they managed to tie everything up neat enough

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

cartoons123 posted:

There is always a wonder of what the show would've done with those two additional seasons they were planning if their production studio didn't implode on them, but for the limited time, they managed to tie everything up neat enough

I loved the season 3 twist that Victor Pearson was always supposed to have the magic balls of infinite energy and that he was never a villain, it's just he and the kids were always talking past each other, and each act of distrust only increased the gulf until the relationship was so badly damaged that Josie accidentally destroyed the future by taking them from him

also it's use of relative perspectives where the Clone Josie is taken to the future by the mysterious janitor, but it's not HIS future. The janitor takes her to the future so she can learn responsible time travel, but he's from so much FURTHER into the future that she can't even comprehend it, even after her education. She can time travel at will now, but the Janitor's time has mastered theoretical concepts to the extent that they can use tesseracts as basic storage..

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 22, 2022

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

readingatwork posted:

This is a hell of a way to learn that there was a Bone adaptation in the works. Super pissed atm.

There's been a Bone adaptation in the works since the early 2000's. Getting cancelled is just tradition.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

My only regret is that...I had...boneitis.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

https://twitter.com/hausofdecline/status/1517582607730544640?s=20&t=3QSQaOa8OOmYkqC6RnyQEg

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rudoku posted:

There's been a Bone adaptation in the works since the early 2000's. Getting cancelled is just tradition.

https://twitter.com/jeffsmithsbone/...r%3D260lastpost

:smith:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

On another note, I was thinking of finally giving Infinity Train a try. I’ve heard good things about the first few seasons but does it hold up the whole way through (also is the short that spawned the series required viewing and/or worth a watch)?

Another show called Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts looks interesting to me as well, how’s that one?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Apr 26, 2022

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Larryb posted:

On another note, I was thinking of finally giving Infinity Train a try. I’ve heard good things about the first few seasons but does it hold up the whole way through (also is the short that spawned the series required viewing and/or worth a watch)?

It holds up for the first three, and the fourth season isn't as good as the first three, but I still liked the fourth season. The pilot was adapted into one of the first season's episodes, but better, so it isn't required viewing.

Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts was great. It's been six months and I still have one of the songs, "Heroes on Fire", stuck in my head. The third episode with the Timbercats was when I knew I'd watch the whole thing.

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Apr 26, 2022

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
People love to poo poo on the fourth season of IT but I’m pretty sure it was supposed to be a more lighthearted pallet cleanser after the heavy events of S3. Judging it as the series finale isn’t really fair.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Good to hear. One last question then, how’s the Netflix cartoon Hilda?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Larryb posted:

Good to hear. One last question then, how’s the Netflix cartoon Hilda?

Cool and good.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Alright, I’ve got three new shows to check out then. Thanks

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Larryb posted:

On another note, I was thinking of finally giving Infinity Train a try. I’ve heard good things about the first few seasons but does it hold up the whole way through
I watched it and found while there are some good parts it's very padded and ultimately unsatisfying.

readingatwork posted:

People love to poo poo on the fourth season of IT but I’m pretty sure it was supposed to be a more lighthearted pallet cleanser after the heavy events of S3.
The show didn't really need that, though, especially not a 10 episode palate cleanser. Creating an animated show these days with an "I have an 8 season arc prepared" mindset is reckless when you're relying on other peoples' money and goodwill to see it through to the end.

S4 didn't add anything to the much more consequential S3, it was basically "here's some other things that happened nearby". In the context of a hypothetical complete run of the show, it would still be "the season where not much happens"

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Iirc, there was some intent for a fifth batch of episodes, but it coincided with a reshuffling of HBO and CN I think so it never materialized.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

Iirc, there was some intent for a fifth batch of episodes, but it coincided with a reshuffling of HBO and CN I think so it never materialized.

Out of curiosity, did the show get an ending of sorts then or did it just kind of stop?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Larryb posted:

Out of curiosity, did the show get an ending of sorts then or did it just kind of stop?
Just kinda stopped. I really didn't like Season 4, but I love 1&2 (2 is incredible and could be considered an ending for the show). 3 is unsatisfying because it intentionally doesn't finish a storyline it starts and also I felt that some of the emotional beats were over-the-top manipulative.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Larryb posted:

I might be extra grumpy about this because I mistakenly believed before watching that S4 was a real ending, but quickly realized I must have misheard.

The show might work better if you only watch the earlier seasons or are more accepting of it as an incomplete work. But there's also a lot of other better shows in the world to watch!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So based on the above comments, if I were to stop after Season 2 would it essentially feel like a complete series or does the ending leave some things open/unresolved for the following season (I don’t care about spoilers so feel free to use specifics if necessary)?

Since we’re on the subject, Kipo and Hilda got proper endings though right?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Kipo had a proper ending, and Hilda hasn't ended yet, but its movie would have made a fantastic series finale if it hadn't been renewed for a third season.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

galenanorth posted:

Kipo had a proper ending, and Hilda hasn't ended yet, but its movie would have made a fantastic series finale if it hadn't been renewed for a third season.

Ah, I assumed the movie was the ending. When’s Season 3 scheduled for then (assuming it’s still happening considering Netflix recently gutted their animation department)?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

There's no release date announced yet. I don't think it's affected because it's not animated in-house. I'm guessing December 2022 or 2023 based on previous releases

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The next Hilda season is the final season.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

From what I remember, they'd written a script for a fifth season, but it was in the form of an animated film (not a season) and focused on a subject that the network thought was unmarketable to kids. So it wasn't picked up for another season.

Larryb posted:

So based on the above comments, if I were to stop after Season 2 would it essentially feel like a complete series or does the ending leave some things open/unresolved for the following season (I don’t care about spoilers so feel free to use specifics if necessary)?

Infinity Train doesn't work like that; each season riffs off a subplot introduced in a pervious season (except four). You could honestly just watch it all.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I thought season 3 was the end. Season 4 was a nice bonus and a good story. If there were another season, it would have been the story of what happens in the background of season 4, which honestly has enough explanation already that I don’t need to see it unless there would have been something in the present. Amelia’s story is already laid out very well in the first season.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

If memory serves, seasons of Infinity Train were ordered in batches of 2, and animated back to back. So CN/HBO ordered 2 rounds, and Owen Dennis had hoped for a third because it would have meant seasons 5 and 6 guaranteed.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

PicklePants posted:

Apparently because of Netflix missing it's growth goals, it's axed a bunch of upcoming animation projects for kids. Including Bone and all the spin offs they were working on.

No clue what this means for Nimona.

https://twitter.com/DrewTailored/status/1516951941779050496

afaik, it wouldn't affect Nimona since feature animation is a separate division. also, while Netflix missing its quarterly goals undoubtedly hasn't helped, the drastic scaling back of the company's TV animation ambitions and the purge of more creator-driven projects has been an ongoing story since at least last summer or so, I believe stemming from the departure of some of the higher-ups who greenlit the expansion of Netflix Animation in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

If memory serves, seasons of Infinity Train were ordered in batches of 2, and animated back to back. So CN/HBO ordered 2 rounds, and Owen Dennis had hoped for a third because it would have meant seasons 5 and 6 guaranteed.

It seems like the majority of the time animated shows get ordered in at least batches of 20ish even if they get marketed as 10 episode seasons.