Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the federal Election
This poll is closed.
Labor Majority 48 42.48%
Labor Minority 29 25.66%
Liberal Majority 3 2.65%
Liberal Minority 12 10.62%
UAP Majoirty 21 18.58%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

birdstrike posted:

aLBOMANIA IS BACK BABY. iT”S GOOD AGAIN

CHOO CHOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Labor Def having a better week what with Morrison shoving both feet up his rear end about disabled kids and transgender issues.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
Albo got the rona

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Well gently caress

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

News just coming in that Labor leader Anthony Albanese has tested positive for COVID-19; he will now have to isolate for 7 days. Of particular concern is that in recent days on the campaign trail he has interacted with elderly and vulnerable Aussies.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
nows the time to bring back Bill

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

https://twitter.com/nicedayforpub/status/1517049015224848384?s=21&t=cg6sTLm3_m6vo3dT2nM-wA

gently caress I hope the front two rows were vax’d but also lol, meme

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

Oh I forgot about those lines, they're some alphaman geometry thing aren't they?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
tory power stance

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
If Albo was going to get Covid during the campaign better that it’s now rather than in 2 or 3 weeks time.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Albo's shocking backflip on aged care.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

its an audience of undecided voters. assuming theyre not antivax they probably got distracted otw to their vaccination by a dude selling magic beans

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

They finally start going hard on Morrison being useless, AND they pull their trump card by pretending Albo has to isolate due to 'covid'. These are some pro moves by Labor, did they fire their last campaign team and get someone new in?

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
maybe scomo will get covid again too

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
every pollie will get covid during the election night events

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
scomorbidities

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Labor should run ads saying "Do you want your grand parents, your parents or YOU in an aged care home without a 24 hour nurse? Because we won't and the LNP will". I have not seen such ads.

Also no one in the media referred to the PM's Gaffe as a Gaffe last night. A disgrace.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

I don't even know what this is a picture of

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

JBP posted:

looks like bandt is coming for you with the taxes

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

JBP posted:

I think those are tanks of syrups for the drink dispensers at maccas and the like, never worked a fast food job, just guessing

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
It's the mythical ancoke, from which the bunnyancoke is forged.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

:thermidor:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I would never serve coca cola or other "soft drinks" to a human being I'm not deranged.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
those are seppo post mix boxes, reported

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
*bursts into thread, knocking over young bloke in orange hi viz with three schooies of great northern in his hands*; ALBO-SNEEZY

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
Kinda yucky debate like that section where they were arguing about who was more committed to cruelty and violating human rights kinda icky with Albanese trying to pretend he always supported boat turnbacks

Vote greens imho

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Love our unified Torture Refugees policy.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Lots of people out on social media now saying "people are misquoting/misunderstanding Morrison, they aren't listening to the whole thing" in regards to him saying "Jenny and I are blessed".

For anyone who hasn't seen it, the whole thing is from 29:30 (Sky News Aus youtube) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z74A3OY_GnU

The full comment was "Jenny and I are blessed, we have two children that don't...haven't had to go through that, and so for parents with children who are disabled, I can only try and understand your aspirations for those children, (...and I think that is the beauty of the national disability insurance scheme...)" then he starts talking about how it's an expensive system, but it's good because it's not welfare, which is arguably worse than just "Jenny and I are blessed", because he doesn't really understand what you see in your disabled children, but luckily we have the NDIS, which isn't just for poor people like medicare is!

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Rachel Withers articulated that quite well yesterday:

quote:

Of course, the substantive issue with Morrison’s answer wasn’t whether he truly thought himself blessed not to have disabled children. It’s that he didn’t have an answer, or a clear plan, for those who do.

Unfortunately, in the pile-on, that issue has been largely missed. What Catherine – the mother of a four-year-old autistic son whose NDIS funding had been cut – was highlighting in her question is a pressing issue, with many families in crisis following cuts to plans for participants with intellectual disabilities. It’s an issue that Labor’s NDIS architect and spokesperson Bill Shorten has been trying to highlight, as he pledges to fix and review the scheme. “This government is almost creating a two-class disability system,” Shorten told the ABC back in February, accusing the government of a “secret plan” to roll back costs by focusing on children with autism. In that same report, NDIS Minister Linda Reynolds denied there had been cuts, saying that the scheme was fully funded. But try telling that to Catherine, or the thousands currently fighting changes to their plans through the Administrative Appeals Tribunal.

Catherine wanted to know what the future of the NDIS looked like under each of the major parties. (Her question is worth watching in full.) But Morrison, in his bid to make his answers more personal (the very thing that led him into this “blessed” mess), failed to address that, instead praising the NDIS and talking about his disabled brother-in-law Gary getting lots of great support. “It’s expensive,” he said, attempting valiance. “But I believe it’s worth investing in.” When Catherine asked again about the cuts, noting that Morrison had talked up early intervention yet her family had just had their funding cut by 30 per cent for no reason, the PM again failed to offer any real answers, but offered to take her details so that his team could “look at” her particular case, much as he had done with Ray the Newcastle pensioner before her. As I wrote at the time, this is not the way the government is supposed to work, and it’s certainly not what we need from a leaders’ forum. While these kinds of questions are often framed in terms of the personal, people are usually asking what the government intends to do about systemic issues, not whether they can get an individual fix to their own problems. There was an echo of former Liberal staffer Brittany Higgins’ recent comment (“I didn’t want his sympathy as a father, I wanted him to use his power as prime minister”) in Alcott’s response today: “Feeling sorry for us and our families doesn’t help. Treating us equally, and giving us the choice and control over our own lives does.”

https://www.themonthly.com.au/the-politics/rachel-withers/2022/04/21/blessing-and-cause

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

The solution is to make Albanese extremely tall.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

jsut rememberd the time mccormack said pacific islands didnt have to worry about climate change because they can come and pick fruit

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

jsut rememberd the time mccormack said pacific islands didnt have to worry about climate change because they can come and pick fruit

But where will we send our seasonal slaves in the off season? He's practically offering to let them stay, which seems very unNationals of him.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Konomex posted:

But where will we send our seasonal slaves in the off season? He's practically offering to let them stay, which seems very unNationals of him.

Given the reports of people being kept in unsealed sheds with leaking roofs and a lack of blankets from a couple years back, the expectation is probably to just let them die during winter.

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 25 hours!)

i just realised the rental crunch is a direct result of the aged care fiasco. boomers are desperately trying to liquidate their assets so they can support themselves for as long as possible, their motive is to avoid ending up in the aged care system at any cost. it's probably affecting other things too.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
uh what

are you claiming boomers are all desperately selling their houses to have the money to avoid ending up in aged care and this is why rents have gone way up? that isn't what's happening and doesn't make any sense on any level

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

abigserve posted:

*bursts into thread, knocking over young bloke in orange hi viz with three schooies of great northern in his hands*; ALBO-SNEEZY

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
that loving sucks, get some better joke writers herald sun

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Housing and land prices are climbing, meaning more people can't afford to build new homes to live in. Rental investors can make better returns by buying up existing stock, outbidding owner occupiers, leaving more people in the rental market and driving up the cost of housing even more.

The system is set up to ensure maximum profits for investors, that comes from higher rents and less empty time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!