Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

leftist heap posted:

cars should explode if they go past 30km/h

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

what if we throw all of the cars into the below grade freeways and pour concrete in to fill the rest

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Dog Case posted:

If kids ride the bus all these cars end up blocking the road wherever the bus drops them off so they can be driven the final 1000 feet home

I have no idea if you're joking or not but it wouldn't surprise me

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Nitevision posted:

You can't finance a jetliner and drive it based on passing a single test when you're 16. And trains literally can't turn. The meager brains are coming from inside your head

Ah you are right. If the train can't even turn that sounds extremely unsafe, let's make sure never to build anymore of those. And agreed, if you can finance it, you shouldn't be restricted by dumb rules like maximum "speed." Glad cars are the way, and the light.

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Milo and POTUS posted:

I have no idea if you're joking or not but it wouldn't surprise me

Half the kids that live on my quarter mile long, dead end street get picked up from the bus by their parents who park at the end of the road and wait for them. The other half walk down and stand around the parked cars in a big crowd blocking half the road. I don't know how one of the giant brodozer trucks on the street hasn't turned the corner and plowed into them yet

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

My neighbors drive like 500 feet to the bus stop to pick up their kids and drive them home. They also get in their cars for the 30 second drive to their own next door neighbors to visit them every day.

I refuse to speak to these people so I will never know why they do this.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Pryor on Fire posted:

They also get in their cars for the 30 second drive to their own next door neighbors to visit them every day.
I don't even know what I would do if a neighbor did this. I don't think my brain could process it.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Pryor on Fire posted:

My neighbors drive like 500 feet to the bus stop to pick up their kids and drive them home. They also get in their cars for the 30 second drive to their own next door neighbors to visit them every day.

easy, if the jones neighbors see me out walking then the neighbors might think i'm too poor to own a car like a real successful adult and eww. or worse, they might see me as a smug uppity libtard who thinks they're too cool to drive a car.

i better buy the biggest heaviest manliest car i can find

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Pryor on Fire posted:

They also get in their cars for the 30 second drive to their own next door neighbors to visit them every day.

Oh yeah I've seen some doing that, too. Gotta drive down the street to a house that you can see from your front yard

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Pryor on Fire posted:

And people keep asking me if I'm ever leaving the city for the burbs.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

actionjackson posted:

isn't lake shore drive highway 41?

Yes but the speed limit is only 40. DUSABLE Lake Shore Drive is also loving terrible and should be torn out. I almost got creamed crossing it once because some dude jumped the light and decided to floor it.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Also is chicago some biker rider got got killed by a drunk driver on Madison after the city tore out the planters along it because they cost too much money to maintain.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/2022/4/21/23035374/paresh-chhatrala-west-loop-crash-courtney-bertucci

edit: my mistake they were removed to improve traffic flow lmao

edit2:

quote:

Ald. Walter Burnett (27th) had the city pay $400,000 to remove the planters in 2019 to ease traffic congestion, according to Block Club Chicago. The planters were installed to beautify the neighborhood by former Mayor Richard M. Daley in the run-up to the 1996 Democratic National Convention.
“It’s very unfortunate that somebody lost their life because of this. You can point your finger at many things, but I don’t think it’s anyone’s fault. I think it’s an accident. My condolences go to the family,” Burnett said.

Peanut President has issued a correction as of 03:41 on Apr 22, 2022

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Wolfy posted:

Seriously. People ask me that all the time and I look at them like they are loving idiots. I will never go back to the burbs. I may leave the city, but it'll be for a rural retreat along lake superior or something like that.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Peanut President posted:

Also is chicago some biker rider got got killed by a drunk driver on Madison after the city tore out the planters along it because they cost too much money to maintain.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/2022/4/21/23035374/paresh-chhatrala-west-loop-crash-courtney-bertucci

edit2:
The idea that there's too much congestion on a city street so you should remove planters so people can treat it like a freeway is just so stupid.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Peanut President posted:

edit2:

"I don't think anyone is to blame, I think this was an accident" said the Alderman who's decision killed someone.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Greatbacon posted:

"I don't think anyone is to blame, I think this was an accident" said the Alderman who's decision killed someone.

Funnily enough, people rarely accept responsibility for manslaughter.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Wolfy posted:

plenty of carbrained morons in the city too

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

when I lived in London there were some rich guys who would illegally park their sports cars outside of the lovely bars on sloane square and have some dude they hired stand by it. presumably the dude had to go drive it round the block if a parking inspector came around?? it went on for years and was incredibly brazen

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Absolutely, but it's a lot better.

I'd like to start this friday morning off by saying that I loving hate automobiles

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Going to share this whenever someone insists that self-driving tech already exists

https://twitter.com/Phylan/status/1517507755162148864?t=HkYWga9AYKOM-NuEUWtAQQ&s=19

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
plz dont post things that make me like cars

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
https://twitter.com/nick_kapur/status/1517406217462853634?t=BGO8fYS_hBhRawJPzQptmQ&s=19

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

Yet another reason to launch all cars into the sun

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
lmbo

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
if you like destroying cars that game (beam.ng drive) is a good'n

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/CoachBalto/status/1517563036285894656?t=YhAB5ZEIKltIJDd-sQpdzw&s=19

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

not pictured: 30-50 feral cars behind the bike pack revving and honking

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

which one of you is this https://twitter.com/DorianM7/status/1517608100299169792

mystes
May 31, 2006

Why the gently caress is there a no bikes emoji? This is tyranny.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
there's also a 🚷 emoji, but no "cars prohibited" emoji

ridiculous

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

I thought it was going to be one of those party bikes with like 12 kids on it. that would own.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

what a roller coaster

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

This person is exactly who the Dems think make the deciding vote in every election. Their thoughts and opinions count a hundred thousand times more then yours.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

https://twitter.com/tomflood1/status/1517460226915508225

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
my old boss used to set up those bike busses in PDX and they went really really well... I really gotta try to organize something like that here in winooski

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

thats shaggar

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

hahahaha that account is my arch nemesis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 46 minutes!