Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Dragongem posted:

Outside of AST (which apparently is much better than I initially thought) that list surprises me zero percent

BIt late to this comment, but I think people might underestimate AST because some of their contributions to the team aren't going to show up on the scoreboard. Like if I drop a yellow card on a dragoon and that gives them their LB in time to nuke the crystal, none of their damage is added to my entry on the list. Same with the red card's damage buff or the blue card saving some one, or the +30% damage bonus and reduction from the ult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

No Dignity posted:

Imo Frontline should just be chucked in the bin and replaced with something else entirely. A wretched farce of a game mode

Frontlines should be a pvp survival mode for Maelstrom players vs. everyone else

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i had a 33% win rate in frontlines before the patch and now i have like a 20% one

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Yesterday was a super bad feeling Frontline cause the last place team kept murderballing our spawn, ensuring the other already in first place team never got unseated. Just super dedicated to losing

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

gotta get that slaughterhouse five achievement somehow

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Dwesa posted:

I feel like calling shots in FL rarely means that people actually follow them

Btw, I had above 50% win rate in FL before freelancing, because I played as Mael

https://twitter.com/NatNatXIV/status/1517160285660139526

Antivehicular posted:

Where/how do you get the Nero car, anyway? I must have missed something.

It was from the level 90 exploration venture on my combat retainer. There were three of them on the MB sitting at 2 mil apiece so I tried to sell it but after an hour there were 20 of them on the MB for less than 1 mil apiece so since people hate money I just used mine.

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Apr 22, 2022

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

One of my teams in frontlines last night did a meme and it was very fun and funny

One of the two people who left before I could take the shot was also a scholar

AncientSpark
Jan 18, 2013

CJ posted:

I need to read up on RDM. I see them every other game but i still don't have a clue what they do. I assume they have an offensive and defensive stance based on the aura and i'm pretty sure their LB does extra damage if you're in the middle of it but that's it.

A bit late to this response, but RDM has a lot of things going for them, some of them more subtle than others.

1) AoE Silence. This is busted on basically every level (personally I hadn't realized how crazy this is until I started actually warping rotations to White Shift exclusively for this).
2) Frazzle might be the best team-fight debuff in the game outside of LBs. It's close given that it's not an entirely unique effect to RDM, but the fact that it's really easy to apply due to a convenient AoE and inflicts BOTH increased damage taken and healing reduction does a lot for its applicability. A lot of other similar effects have more limitations such as worse AoE or only applying one such effect or require more setup (like Scholar Biolysis/Emergency Tactics).
3) DoTs ignore Guard. As in, once the DoT is applied, it's too late to Guard after it's applied. Given that RDM has a triple DoT in rapid rotation, their ability to exploit this is way better than other DoT classes like Fire BLM. If a RDM jumps you, you aren't instantly dead, but there's also not really much you can do besides kill them first or pray for a random potion to bail you out.
4) Some of the best LB-less dueling in the game. Monomachy on Corps-a-Corps basically nerfs someone and buffs you into dueling them and the fact you have two charges of it means your uptime on it is too good for people to easily outduel you. And all your spells have pretty decent single target damage. This wouldn't be a problem in and of itself (a lot of worse classes like MNK are actually good duelists), but the fact that RDM has some of the most game changing team fight tools in the game (see point 1/2) means it's a catch-22 for dealing with RDM.
5) Surprisingly strong disengage. RDM is pretty squishy, granted, and it's not as strong disengage as some other classes like NIN, but the ability to just decide on a whim that you're a tank now with White Shift means committing to killing you is a pain in the rear end, when combined with the obvious Disengagement tool.

So yeah, RDM is pretty overloaded. They're intended to be more of a versatile character, but it turns out that their team-fight tools are just way too good at too little of a price.

AncientSpark fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Apr 22, 2022

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

hazardousmouse posted:

Yesterday was a super bad feeling Frontline cause the last place team kept murderballing our spawn, ensuring the other already in first place team never got unseated. Just super dedicated to losing

When the team in last place tries to lose by targeting the team in second place I get mad every time. You don’t get anything for second place why are you throwing?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I may have to do some maps or just spend the 15 million gil to get the Alkonost feathers.

https://twitter.com/ThePhookas/status/1517508222684438531

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

*in Dean and Hank voice* MEGA SHIBA, MEGA SHIBA, MEGA SHIBA

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Does anyone know of any pointy wizard style hats that a viera can wear? The only one I've found is the dwarf one.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Medium cafe walls were going for nearly 5 million the other day. I put one up. Today, still not having sold it I went to adjust the price and it has all been undercut down to 1.7 mil. What the gently caress :argh:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Macaluso posted:

Medium cafe walls were going for nearly 5 million the other day. I put one up. Today, still not having sold it I went to adjust the price and it has all been undercut down to 1.7 mil. What the gently caress :argh:

The day or two after the lottery system is sorted they’ll spike again briefly.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
All the mediums got bought at the same time and anyone that wanted the walls that badly got one.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dwesa posted:

I feel like calling shots in FL rarely means that people actually follow them

Btw, I had above 50% win rate in FL before freelancing, because I played as Mael

FL used to be better when you could get an eight player group in and have guaranteed coordination among a third of your team.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I feel like FL teams has better success depending on how many people are jumping before the match starts.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

my most recent frontlines game somehow ended in a three-way tie lol

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I kept queuing with the same team in Frontline. Someone knew what they were doing with callouts and everyone played well. Three wins in a row and they were the last three for my mount achievement! :getin: Now back to CC where I will definitely be taking a break from SMN.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

kung fu jive posted:

I kept queuing with the same team in Frontline. Someone knew what they were doing with callouts and everyone played well. Three wins in a row and they were the last three for my mount achievement! :getin: Now back to CC where I will definitely be taking a break from SMN.

Lucky, all I get is a trio of WHMs who mark themselves, call out "attack [color]" right before charging in blindly, then complain about everyone else not helping them when they die.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Augus posted:

my most recent frontlines game somehow ended in a three-way tie lol

Was it the ice map? That seems like the only realistic way to get a tie.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

i had a fl party with all brds whms and smns today. we did very well, many baha blasts 8)

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Never ended up in a match with them sadly.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Lalafell versions of non-lala characters is unironically my favorite gimmick. It brings me joy everytime I see a small Thancred or small Emet or whatever

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Lalafell versions of non-lala characters is unironically my favorite gimmick. It brings me joy everytime I see a small Thancred or small Emet or whatever

Yeah, give me a small Bartz.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Gnossiennes posted:

i had a fl party with all brds whms and smns today. we did very well, many baha blasts 8)

I just did a frontlines a bit ago as a bard. 1 kill, 2 deaths, and 29 assists. We just kept killing people and only nominally cared about destroying crystals. We won and it was tons of fun.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Funky Valentine posted:

They are so flying!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Funky Valentine posted:

i thought the same thing

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Onean posted:

The battlepass rewards will move onto the Trophy Crystals vendor in 6.2, and then, unless they (hopefully) change their minds, they will go away with 6.3.

"it goes away in 6.3" isn't true

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/SOKENsquareenix/status/1517641047819849728

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I just did a frontlines a bit ago as a bard. 1 kill, 2 deaths, and 29 assists. We just kept killing people and only nominally cared about destroying crystals. We won and it was tons of fun.

8/0/61 is my record as a bard. When you get up to BH5 Apex Arrow takes a large chunk out of a group. I just hit my LB whenever it was up and my party was nearby to charge their meters.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Heran Bago posted:

Dn dude. I got a big rear end post about 11000002 if you want to troubleshoot about it.

I get the version with the several EXE codes listed, and it happens ONLY but ALWAYS when I enter a specific player (FC) house. Might try unplugging extra monitors, saw that was listed.

I just avoid that house

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

for context: japan's (only?) valorant team just won an absolutely clutch 2-1 series at the reykjavik major that went down to the wire, there were one or two watch parties they had on cam that were packed to the gills at 7 AM fully of cheering fans :unsmith:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Farg posted:

"it goes away in 6.3" isn't true

Unless this was a mistranslation or they've said they're changing their minds:
From Live Letter 70

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

CC is pretty easy to guess, if the other team has a WAR and WHM and you don't, you're not winning.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Bruceski posted:

Lucky, all I get is a trio of WHMs who mark themselves, call out "attack [color]" right before charging in blindly, then complain about everyone else not helping them when they die.

FL queue giveth and FL queue taketh.

Vermain posted:

for context: japan's (only?) valorant team just won an absolutely clutch 2-1 series at the reykjavik major that went down to the wire, there were one or two watch parties they had on cam that were packed to the gills at 7 AM fully of cheering fans :unsmith:

I don't play that game but I will definitely search for videos of this. I love eSports moments from the 'ole highlight reel.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Barreft posted:

CC is pretty easy to guess, if the other team has a WAR and WHM and you don't, you're not winning.

I mean, I’ve seen that comp lose plenty of times. One player can’t carry a team. If you’re paired with a bunch of idiots that feed the other team, it doesn’t matter what class you are.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Mordiceius posted:

I mean, I’ve seen that comp lose plenty of times. One player can’t carry a team. If you’re paired with a bunch of idiots that feed the other team, it doesn’t matter what class you are.

Well yeah of course.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Soge is on Excal so you're competing against a dude with multiple FCs running subs 24/7 who has flooded the house skin market to the point it's the cheapest server on Primal for years now.

Basically don't try to sell unless you're willing to baby those retainers or bot yourself. I don't think he even logs out.

Algid fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

so i started pvp and uh... i am not very good at it lol

are there any video guides or something